Gilgamesh.Holt
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Holt32
By Gilgamesh.Holt 2010-06-18 18:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Rihoko said:
I'm sensing that SE is against PLDs to sub NIN at later levels.
Fixed, and /WAR sucks. /RDM and /BLU will still be where it's at for blood tanking. /RDM for CE generation, /BLU for all-out turtle builds. PLD's VE generation doesn't need any help.

/DRK for CE generation, now that you wont need /RDM for Phalanx anymore.

Sleep spells still available, and now Stun too.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-18 18:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dispel is a far better CE tool than Stun. It could have some use though on mobs that don't build resistance; Stun is a decent tool regardless of its hate properties.
 Odin.Kraytos
Server: Odin
user: Tyseng
By Odin.Kraytos 2010-06-18 18:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Dispel is a far better CE tool than Stun.

/nod
all you need is dispel and blind and it will do wonders, ntm very fast recast times on both
 Bahamut.Aretumis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aretumis
By Bahamut.Aretumis 2010-06-19 06:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sleep, Dispel, Blind (if you can't hit), I suppose Sleep II will be available later down the road, Barspells for holding multiple targets (yes you heard me).. though it sucks /RDM is losing something big like Phalanx, it's def. not out of the game.

On another note, /BLM is looking more appealing
 Fairy.Rorrick
Server: Fairy
user: Rorrick
By Fairy.Rorrick 2010-06-19 11:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't really see any utility to /BLM outside of Warp. Your nukes will suck, take too long to cast, and use too much MP. BLM doesn't get Dispel, so you're stuck with Bind/Blind/Sleep, no fast cast, and Drain/Aspir won't get you anything because of the total lack of Dark Magic you'll have. You won't have your own bar spells, no Aquaveil, no Stoneskin, no Magic Def. Bonus, and no self Refreshing at 82 or Haste at 96.

EDIT: You also lose access to Convert, which may occasionally come in handy.

I can't think of a use for /BLM.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-19 23:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Leviathan.Rihoko said:
I'm sensing that SE is against PLDs to sub NIN at later levels.
Fixed, and /WAR sucks. /RDM and /BLU will still be where it's at for blood tanking. /RDM for CE generation, /BLU for all-out turtle builds. PLD's VE generation doesn't need any help.

Wrong SE wanted PLD to become Blink tanks and start using /nin it was in an interview a few years ago "We want Paladin to use the utsusemi style of Tanking like Ninja" its why Shield Mastery was made.

If you go back a few years and look at the update notes its in there.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-19 23:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't honestly see a big demand influx for Phalanx, seeing as any PLD worth a damn already has /RDM, and by extent, Phalanx learnt.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aretumis
user: Aretumis
By Bahamut.Aretumis 2010-06-20 11:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Rorrick said:
Can't really see any utility to /BLM outside of Warp. Your nukes will suck, take too long to cast, and use too much MP. BLM doesn't get Dispel, so you're stuck with Bind/Blind/Sleep, no fast cast, and Drain/Aspir won't get you anything because of the total lack of Dark Magic you'll have. You won't have your own bar spells, no Aquaveil, no Stoneskin, no Magic Def. Bonus, and no self Refreshing at 82 or Haste at 96.

Why would PLD even think to nuke..? It's for Sleepga. No, it won't stick. But it will piss off quite a few mobs if you have crap for enmity. /BLM has previously found use in events such as Einherjar long before Phalanx came around. (lolPLD einherjar !? Tier3 gogo) This will merely make it more favorable for such things.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-06-20 11:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Rorrick said:

EDIT: You also lose access to Convert, which may occasionally come in handy.

I can't think of a use for /BLM.

As stated above, it is for sleepga spam. Sleepga gets you hate on a ton of mobs, then curekit or cure others for hate.
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-20 13:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
I can't honestly see a big demand influx for Phalanx, seeing as any PLD worth a damn already has /RDM, and by extent, Phalanx learnt.
Your forgetting those that don't have RDM leveled and those who are willing to abuse them for it.

Not everyone has to follow some silly standard to be good.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-06-20 13:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD/SCH in campaign is going to be slightly sexier with this as well, PLD gets access to quite a few Enhancing magic + gear, combined with Light Art's Enhancing Magic buff will beef up Phalanx a good amount, Plus 1:30 Second recast on Reprisal most of the time.

Yippee!

PLD/BLU is going to be kick-*** for Soloing even more now, Cocoon + Phalanx = Sex.

Of course even /NIN can benefit from this, keeping Phalanx up for when shadows go down.

mmm, i love being hit for 0 When i shield Block, Cannot Wait!
 Fairy.Rorrick
By Fairy.Rorrick 2010-06-20 18:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aretumis said:
Fairy.Rorrick said:

Why would PLD even think to nuke..? It's for Sleepga. No, it won't stick. But it will piss off quite a few mobs if you have crap for enmity. /BLM has previously found use in events such as Einherjar long before Phalanx came around. (lolPLD einherjar !? Tier3 gogo) This will merely make it more favorable for such things.

I've never been asked to sub BLM before. :/ Used to have our THF sub BLM to TH everything without waking things up when we manaburned Dynamis. If we ever needed crowd control I'd go RDM/BLM, not PLD.

Oh well.
 Bismarck.Recaldy
Server: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2010-06-20 18:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's going to be interesting. Might be able to survive Zantekuken solo. xD
By Brexx 2010-06-20 20:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive had both limbus items for pld upgrade sitting storage... looks like Gallant Breeches+1 is gonna help out Phalanx with the Enhancing Magic+10
[+]
 Phoenix.Lucasta
Server: Phoenix
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2010-06-21 10:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

lol at phalanx going for 400k on my server right now. are there really plds out there that dont have rdm sub already leveled? before /dnc this was one of the best soloing subs in my opinion and still is very awesome at holding hate for certain fights (acp, alexander come to mind). i still think /rdm will be an awesome sub for pld even with native phalanx.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-21 11:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been after PLD Temenos item for about 22 months fml.

Sadly now lots of people will want it too :/
user: Duelly
By Asura.Duelmikauzero 2010-06-21 11:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not also forget the minute details that The update will bring along with the level cap raise. Setting aside the extra Hp/MP/base state increases (lolz) that we will gain with an additional five levels, our combat skills will rise as well. An extra five levels of shield skill will do wonders in freeing up any additional slots that you may have previously been using in your shield skill setup. (mainly, Gallant leggings +1, or some of you who may still macro in the torque or boxers, etc). We could reach the generally accepted cap for Kite shields.

What does this mean for us in the future?

I'd like to make the assumption that on our journey to the eventual lvl 99, that the added levels will provide us with enough shield skill to achieve the shield block rate cap on tower shields. Not that there are a ton of them right now that are extremely useful, but with new updates comes new gear. Either way, having both a bonus to shield defense and shield proc rate (via additional shield skill) is all welcome! Phalanx? Psshh... I thought I'd never see the day, SE. Thank you. <3

Oh, and for all of the rdm's QQing about Pld getting phalanx and your apparent "waste in merits.?" Coming from a fellow 75 rdm; Relax, kids. Your Phalanx/Phalanx II is still going to be stronger because of your higher enhancing skill. SE Wouldn't pull the rug out from under you. (just yet). ^^;;
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-06-21 11:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I <3 Duelly.
user: Duelly
By Asura.Duelmikauzero 2010-06-21 11:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Wth Meshi, aren't you supposed to be at work?! Get the hell out of here! *chases off with a broom*
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-21 11:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I've been after PLD Temenos item for about 22 months fml.

Sadly now lots of people will want it too :/
Two dropped for us last night. I ALMOST got to lot the second one (my PLD is only 66 ATM)
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-06-21 11:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Duelmikauzero said:
Wth Meshi, aren't you supposed to be at work?! Get the hell out of here! *chases off with a broom*
*is at work* >.>

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-21 11:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Lol Phalanx last sales: 240 - 240 - 400k!

Oh people are just *** crazy aren't they. XD
Yeah, ours jumped from 280k to 400k.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-06-21 11:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess who's gonna farm UO? :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-06-21 11:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
Guess who's gonna farm UO? :P

As the auction house FLOODS. lol
I meant for myself >.> /rdm for when I get off my *** and finish sch.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-25 05:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Duelmikauzero said:
Let's not also forget the minute details that The update will bring along with the level cap raise. Setting aside the extra Hp/MP/base state increases (lolz) that we will gain with an additional five levels, our combat skills will rise as well. An extra five levels of shield skill will do wonders in freeing up any additional slots that you may have previously been using in your shield skill setup. (mainly, Gallant leggings 1, or some of you who may still macro in the torque or boxers, etc). We could reach the generally accepted cap for Kite shields.

Sounds like the same attitude a gimp Aegis PLD would have that doesnt macro in shield skill and ends up only having the block rate of a Kaiser Shield.

PLDs shield is your life line, its only going to get better with the more shield skill we get, there isnt some magic number that suddenly makes it stop working.

Lazy PLD that dont macro in shield gear for ichi make me Rage. With <stal> and <stpt> blinking isnt even an issue anymore. Learn2PLD
[+]
 Fairy.Rorrick
By Fairy.Rorrick 2010-06-25 15:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair the block rate does cap out (I forget at what). Odds of hitting that cap on anything you'd be worried about blocking are low (Aegis may be an exception but it's hideous so I pretend it doesn't exist).
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-06-25 16:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The Block rate depends on your Skill vs the Mobs Level, as our skill gets higher so will the mobs we are fightings levels.

To completley disregard +shield skill is one of the stupidest things ive seen.