Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Hiding Mobs in Campaign Battle
Hiding Mobs in Campaign Battle
First Page 2 3 4
By rainlab 2010-04-19 05:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Some players do it, others absolutely despise it. While I can understand any player's urge to maximize their individual exp, I do not see how it can justify making the rest of the campaign participants wait for their exp and union coffers.

Pre-unions, one could have argued that a player could receive a performance evaluation and leave at any time without penalty. But now with union coffers (and some valuable items worth hundreds of thousands of gil), it isn't as viable an option as it once was.

I think a simple patch to make Campaign mobs deaggro when pulled too far from the OP would do the trick.

I'd love to hear others' thoughts regarding this issue.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-19 05:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see this happen, although I didn't really get aggrevated when someone would do this... To me it was more or less just an inconveince.. Didn't take long for everyone to spread out and find the hidden mob either, then again I only go to large CB's, If I get there and only 4-5 people are showing up, I go find another one, for one if I die without RR, I don't want to have to HP or wait forever for raise, and for another thing, I don't really have any jobs that can reliably solo the mobs in CB, it's hit or miss, sometimes there's mobs I can solo fine, and other times I'm dead within a minute or so.
[+]
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-04-19 05:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont see the problem and no i cant do it myself atm. But at some point i prob will.

Also if it bothers you /rng or /bst and ws and go get the mob.
[+]
By rainlab 2010-04-19 05:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's never really an issue when I go to a CB with a small number of people since we all end up soloing our own mobs anyways. It's in a crowded CB that it becomes more of a problem.

I'm not against players wanting to solo campaign mobs. In fact, if a player can quickly solo a mob, I'm all for it. I just don't think it's fair to others to make them wait for something they are entitled to (namely the right to lot on union coffer items).

I'm not calling out jobs, but it's usually an RDM or PLD that's responsible. The latter being more favorable since it can kill the mob quite a bit faster.
[+]
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-04-19 05:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's that big of an issue, I'd be a hypocrite if I complained seeing as how I usually do the same when with my pld friend while in campaign. Although, It's not as if we're ever successful at hiding the mob, unless we pull it ridiculously far away, which we never do, people are on the mob within minutes, and it's dead in 30 seconds.
 Sylph.Tearsofblood
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Tearsofblood 2010-04-19 05:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i never use to pull mobs away but now i find you have to if you want to make some good exp in Campaign.

Before the merg i could get 2k+ in most campaign but now im lucky to make 400exp unless its a long battle.

Although when i pull them i dont run the mob half way over the zone and solo it down.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-19 05:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Dignity be damned, I hunt down the mofos soloing and kill it with them. I don't care how far they drag it out. Campaign is for everyone.
[+]
 Sylph.Nightcrew
user: Nightcrew
By Sylph.Nightcrew 2010-04-19 06:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate it more when there's 10 people who can tank and solo mobs, just sitting around with their thumbs up their *** while the Fort gets smacked.
[+]
 Asura.Masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-04-19 06:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Also watch where they run too and join them I do this often too less chance of getting killed and get more exp.
[+]
 Siren.Alicenchains
Server: Siren
By Siren.Alicenchains 2010-04-19 06:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My biggest CB pet peve is 50 people on one mob with 10+ mobs unclaimed at fort......50 ppl on one mob really???
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-19 06:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

hi op :)

i just wanna add a counter to your topic:

When dealing with certain mobs like Shadowhand or mage mobs, it's best to take them away so they don't MPK with -ga spells (happens all the time)

also people like to solo their own. who cares? once that's the only one left, there's almost always a BST or a RNG that can find the last one and just follow them. If not, you'll have to run around finding it. Sometimes, there's another CB waiting after you kill the last mob (happened to me at least 2-3 times within the last week)

so really, hiding mobs is a good thing yet it can be a bad thing. just go /bst or /rng and use widescan to find it. (i think it works with regular CB mobs)
[+]
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-04-19 06:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't find going /bst or /rng a viable option personally. I always prefer /whm or /sch for the reraise option, since there are some who will not assist raising due to the union system.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-19 06:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Xantavia said:
I don't find going /bst or /rng a viable option personally. I always prefer /whm or /sch for the reraise option, since there are some who will not assist raising due to the union system.
actually dead people can still lot it somehow (idk how the hell it works, macro maybe?)

also the lotting system is *** up

i'd lot something at like 984 and some other jerkwad (who's getting all the rares) would lot 985 i'm like FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

damn cheaters.
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-04-19 07:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I see that ALOT, some dude the other day lotted 5 items with lots over 960. More than just luck as it happened more than once.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-19 07:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I see that ALOT, some dude the other day lotted 5 items with lots over 960. More than just luck as it happened more than once.
i think i'm gonna start taking names + times + areas where it happened and report it to S-E for possible boting/cheating. it's weird that someone would get 4+ items in a pool of 9 all outlotting the highest by 1 every time.
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-04-19 07:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think your lot is based on performance :X

I've noticed on runs where I've gotten poor exp, my lots have been pretty week, compared to lowman CB on SMN, getting about 3k exp and 80% of my lots will be stupidly high.

I think SE needs to tweak it if it is the case, it's not really a 'fair' distribution of loot if one PLD/DNC for example runs in and clears it out.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-19 07:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Israfel: that's what i thought at first too but it's kinda strange seeing the guy outlot everyone by 1 point (of the current lot) idk if it was just me or not. Besides performance shouldn't be a factor. the EXP is f-ed up too. i'm a WHM/SCH and i heal/raise/buff/enfeeble and most i got so far was 2100 with a median of 900/1k exp. i'm sometimes there the entire time and get 2-300 exp and not be able to lot. (cuz there's many people there and many healers and no npcs for the npc exp heals and nobody dies) i think time @ campaign should be there too with like 100exp cap.

meh im just ranting i guess
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-19 07:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

on the 50 per mob -- depends what type of mob. if it's shadowhand or a mage nm, i'll be one of the 50 people.

usually if it's like 3-5 on one mob, i'll heal them, help dmg and stuff but not really melee (until i get nin37 lol)
[+]
By rainlab 2010-04-19 07:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not true. I'm very sure that performance has nothing to do with the lots. I've campaigned my mule as a low level WHM and barely squeaked into union spoils by curing and raising (and the long battle helped). Then I went and lotted and won a Divine Log among a few other items.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-04-19 07:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

why wouldn't you melee? that's just dicking yourself out of more xp.
[+]
 Bismarck.Arminius
Server: Bismarck
user: Raef
By Bismarck.Arminius 2010-04-19 08:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

For a couple of weeks I took the time to record all of my campaign lots, just to see the dispersal. I tend to get pretty crappy lots in all types of events(I never go first in BCNMS.)

I suggest never doing what I did, unless you want to get very frustrated and feel like quiting the game. I had nine +900 lots in over 200 attempts. Then I see some dude get 5 or 6 in one battle...

Also, what made me really cry was the number of <100 lots I had.
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-19 08:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i'm the type of person on not looking gimp with my 24nin and going whm/nin + my club skill's at like 160ish (this week i plan on getting nin to 37 and raising club to 200+ish and gettign the quested ws maybe)
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-19 08:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

People still do campaign?
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-19 08:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
it's hard to find a party on ramuh for me as a whm/sch so yeah i do .-.
[+]
 Asura.Masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-04-19 08:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Xantavia said:

I agree it isnt a viable option. But its there if you are sick of people soloing a mob in a corner
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-04-19 08:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i'm the type of person on not looking gimp with my 24nin and going whm/nin my club skill's at like 160ish (this week i plan on getting nin to 37 and raising club to 200 ish and gettign the quested ws maybe)

you started the thread about campaign whm, didn't you? you don't have to sub nin to melee. but anything further than that is better answered in that thread. skilling up is a good idea, but black halo isn't worth it unless you want more options for skillchaining, or have a lot of str. other than that, probably better to stick with hexa.

edit: black halo also looks cool, but so does hexa.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-19 08:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Your server is full of tards. Whm/sch is my preferred healer in my 30-35k/hr parties.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-19 08:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Your server is full of tards. Whm/sch is my preferred healer in my 30-35k/hr parties.
Esuna for the wivres?
First Page 2 3 4