users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Hiding Mobs in Campaign Battle
Hiding Mobs in Campaign Battle
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-04-19 12:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally always try to pull a mob on pld in an incoming wave. When NPCs kill mobs nobody is better off.

That said I don't run half way across the zone I don't see the need for that since most of the time being a short walk from the OP I can get my mob to 10-20% on PLD/RDM (in most battles) before others come and get 1.5-2k exp easy.

People will always be selfish in campaign though its to be expected, there are constantly new items added to be bought with allied notes which creates competition during battles to max notes gained.

Just like a lot of stuff in this game, competition sucks just remember SE made it that way... better to blame them for the system they made not the ppl working for those 100k note weapons.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-19 12:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if you're fighting what I'm fighting, but you better be contributing.

There is one exception though. If I'm fighting something, and there's a bunch of yellow mobs on the fortifications, yea, I'll be super jumping your ***. There is absolutely 0 reason for me and you to be on the same mob when there are plenty of yellow ones, attacking our fortifications. Protect them shits.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ailoki
Server: Phoenix
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-04-19 12:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind that people pull mobs off to solo, I just hate when they take all damn day killing it.

Your idea about de-aggroing when outside a certain radius from the OP is great. I'd like to see that incorporated.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-04-19 20:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ailoki said:
I don't mind that people pull mobs off to solo, I just hate when they take all damn day killing it.

yep. wanting more xp? totally understandable. but it's shitty making people wait ten minutes for campaign to end. but some people like griefing.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-19 20:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

There was one gakla pld who took absolutely *** ages to kill a mob, so I joined on as mnk to speed it up. as soon as I drew hate he teleported away.

Apparently he gets notoriously butthurt if anyone fights a mob he's fighting and /tell's them "I am hero for camp"
By Alaik 2010-04-19 21:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Make the mobs rage with an additional effect: tag removal.

I'd start campaigning then. "Work for your exp! Yosh!"
 Leviathan.Stunx
Server: Leviathan
user: Bungie
By Leviathan.Stunx 2010-04-19 21:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

im guilty of this! Also constantly turning mobs when a THF is tryna SA if i was already solo in an isolated spot.

also, take mobs far enough and they do lose aggro. im not 100% how this happened but 2x ive ended up getting aggro on 3-4 mobs and kitting hella far, would lose hate on em after a certain distance then all a sudden the boss would come and whoop my ***.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Equivocator 2010-04-19 22:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to pull mobs 40-50' away from the nearest Campaign NPC/Fort/Player.

That way all the people that like to gang up on one mob (When NPC's are attacking others >.>) can mow through all the other mobs frist. Then find me easily.

I never get upset if people jump on 'my' mob, but if there are yellow ones near by, I'll switch to a free one. Usually end up tanking 2 mobs for a while until the other people can get hate on the first one. With PLD/DNC it's never been an issue though.

Also, special thanks to all the WHM and RDM that Haste the person tanking the mob, you're Awesome!
 Bismarck.Sweetchuck
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sweetchuck 2010-04-19 22:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

if u can solo a mob in CB then cool because i can not. What pisses me off is when i find one of those greedy, inconsiderate *** and when i start in on the mob with him/her that piece of ***disengages and leaves me to die with the mob. A big F U ! to those of you who do that.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-04-19 23:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

so I was in a campaign battle today, grabbed a mob and started soloing away, then a lvl 70ish pld/war (full AF, IR Shield) came, I didn't examine them but I estimated their level anyway they proceed to attack my mob...i'm like ok maybe they can't quite solo a mob yet...annoying but w/e...

They then proceed to spam all their abilities to grab hate off me so I think "OK!", I disengage and take a diff mob.

Ok I probably should have expected it but a couple mins later that PLD had died and I was now tanking 2 mobs, after about 5mins a drg comes and takes the yellow one attacking me "Hooray!" I thought, unfortunately 10mins later the drg has reached his threshold, bites the dust and i'm back to tanking 2.

I guess all the prolonged fighting wore me down enough that about 10 mins later I was also eating dirt, shame really, if the drg had survived a tad longer my Chivalry timer would be ready and I could have recovered a bit.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-19 23:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Alaik said:
Make the mobs rage with an additional effect: tag removal.

I'd start campaigning then. "Work for your exp! Yosh!"
Oh the irony. If you're not tanking a Campaign mob and could be, you're not really working for your exp.
Bismarck.Sweetchuck said:
if u can solo a mob in CB then cool because i can not. What pisses me off is when i find one of those greedy, inconsiderate *** and when i start in on the mob with him/her that piece of ***disengages and leaves me to die with the mob. A big F U ! to those of you who do that.
You Campaign on BRD?
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-19 23:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly I have this problem with people who see lots of free mobs around and instead of going for them they try to take the one(s) that I am tanking. And possibly might be better temporarily at getting hate and screw my xp. So *** yeah I'm going off soloing. That being said I don't take forever. I frequently kill faster solo than alot of duo/trios I see lol.

Plus the lag near the fort is lame
 Odin.Kviton
Server: Odin
user: Kviton
By Odin.Kviton 2010-04-19 23:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly if I'm going to pay 12 bucks per month I'm gonna do whatever the hell I want. If anyone wants to wine about me taking and soloing mobs, too bad so sad. Meh.. I hate everyone in ffxi anyways lol.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-20 00:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kviton said:
Honestly if I'm going to pay 12 bucks per month I'm gonna do whatever the hell I want. If anyone wants to wine about me taking and soloing mobs, too bad so sad. Meh.. I hate everyone in ffxi anyways lol.
lol the 12 dollar card.
[+]
 Unicorn.Celestius
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Celestius 2010-04-20 00:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

maybe its just me, but arent points per hour more meaningful than points per mob? of course I jump loners mobs, let's get this battle over and get to the next one.

If you are offended by people participating in a group game there are plenty of single player games out there. But yea, your money, your play style. Its an open game format do whatever. Like baseball, there are major leaguers and there are special olympians, but the diamond looks the same. I've even seen kickball played on the same diamond. The opportunity to play in a variety of styles is the games strength not its weakness.
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2010-04-20 00:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You cap out experience much faster then the cap that can be awarded to you.

In 5 mins, you can accumulate perhaps 1200 experience, but the cap awarded is 84exp/min (at maximum medal)

Thus, if campaign is longer, you get more exp. You don't even have to do anything but wait.

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-20 00:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but some people do this primarily for the AN which goes way beyond what you would get for capped xp
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2010-04-20 00:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not getting at least half your exp in A.N, you're doing it wrong.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-20 00:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jumeya said:
If you're not getting at least half your exp in A.N, you're doing it wrong.
That's what I meant about not liking just sitting there. Frankly I'm not satistified unless I am getting about as much or more AN than xp
By Alaik 2010-04-20 01:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
You Campaign on BRD?

BRD/WHM can actually solo them with any gear and some knowhow, not easily or effective but they can. Lullabys to let your MP recover and spam heals /WHM.. Takes *** forever and a day but it's better than trying to get it all from buff songs now, I suppose.

But I'm sure you know that and were just illustrating a point anyway.
By Alaik 2010-04-20 01:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah right, and not sure what you meant by tanking and could be, I simply meant being a spectator as the *** soloing the mobs 500 yalms away from the OP start dying due a raged mob and lose more exp than they gain.

"Work for your exp!" would simply be my cheer as I watched their HP bar turn black.
By Handyandy 2010-04-20 01:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I normally tank Mobs, But I do it within range of others A) because healing is nice to have when it actually happens B) MNK/DNC does not have to play tricks to get max exp/notes. We do so much damage and healing + abilities, don't need to. What does get annoying is all the super geared plds who get huffy with you cause they cant keep hate to save a taru blm, but a monk can.
 Asura.Kowen
Server: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-04-20 03:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys should do more offensive battles. Hardly anyone will go to beastmen-owned zones so there's always plenty of monsters to solo.
By Handyandy 2010-04-20 03:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I do offensive opps, those are great way to max exp and also get many tags becuase the side quest none do either.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2010-04-20 04:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yea the mobs deaggroing outside a certain area is nice but I would rather the mob rage, kill the player out in buttfuck nowhere where they most likely wont be raised, then when its close enough to the fort rage auto-wears off. For those with comments about paying their subscription so you can do w/e you want, lol @ you cause we all know outside the game you ain't ***.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-20 04:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
I won't lie, if someone pulls a mob away and is making people wait 5-10 mins for one kill, I'll just pull up widescan and /sh the mob pos. Maybe that's a rude thing to do, but so is telling someone not to attack a campaign mob because they're soloing it and it's "theirs". Of course, I only do this if I'm waiting on Union spoils, which is rare.

i usually solve the "one mob left" issue on campaign by cashing in my tags and warping to the next battle, assuming there is one.

it's important to remember you don't HAVE to wait until the absolute end of the campaign to get your xp, and in the long run i'm fairly sure it's more xp/hr efficient to jump directly into another battle than it is to wait 10 minutes and pray for another wave that might or might not be forthcoming.

Of course, this is assuming you don't care about the zinc ore or whatever you're going to get by signing up for a union.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-20 04:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I absolutely HATE it when people sit in corners and solo ***for max xp...so damn selfish to waste everybody else's time. I solo mobs... 2 feet from the fort just so i can get good points if the mob lasts long enough (usually it doesn't), but people can clearly see where i am so they can jump in..

what bugs me more though...people playing their job LAZY AS HELL in campaign...if you see the brd yagudo NM one shotting people...f-in dispel its buffs..its not hard lol..i just witnessed 10 people die before 1 dispel went off...with 3 rdms surrounding the NM
 Remora.Willoflame
Server: Remora
By Remora.Willoflame 2010-04-20 05:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I like taking the mobs for myself because I kill them at an acceptable pace.

Solo pld/dnc on the other hand, f off. Haha.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-04-20 05:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, ever since the server merge (looking at you Kujata....) and ESPECIALLY since the Throne Room (S) BCNM just become available the other day, Campaign Battle has become a ultimate *** of horrible lag and too many people flooding each zone trying to push up their rank so they can access the BC...... A wave will come and it will literally be decimated in less than 5 minutes, half the time you're almost lagging out and the other half the time you barely get to get 1 or 2 ws off on most mob before it gets raped sideways up the ***....

So, personally, if i can somehow sneak a mob off alone or with a few peeps i WILL do it....not that i don't care bout everyone else, I just don't like wasting all my allied notes zoning to campaign battles that finish before i even *** arrive....If people wana get butthurt about having to wait then STIFF TITTIES! no, not really, but srlsy, don't like it don't campaign, always gona be people doing it.

Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-20 06:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Well, ever since the server merge (looking at you Kujata....) and ESPECIALLY since the Throne Room BCNM just become available the other day, Campaign Battle has become a ultimate *** of horrible lag and too many people flooding each zone trying to push up their rank so they can access the BC...... A wave will come and it will literally be decimated in less than 5 minutes, half the time you're almost lagging out and the other half the time you barely get to get 1 or 2 ws off on most mob before it gets raped sideways up the ***....

So, personally, if i can somehow sneak a mob off alone or with a few peeps i WILL do it....not that i don't care bout everyone else, I just don't like wasting all my allied notes zoning to campaign battles that finish before i even *** arrive....If people wana get butthurt about having to wait then STIFF TITTIES! no, not really, but srlsy, don't like it don't campaign, always gona be people doing it.

EDIT: why the *** my text got strikethrough ><

lololololol