user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-19 08:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
People still do campaign?
it's hard to find a party on ramuh for me as a whm/sch so yeah i do .-.
Your server is full of tards. Whm/sch is my preferred healer in my 30-35k/hr parties.
Esuna for the wivres?
yezzir
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-04-19 08:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

it's probably hard to find a party because everyone would rather party with people they know, and some people prefer rdm because a shitty rdm is better than a shitty whm.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-04-19 08:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I need rank ups! I always think to myself yea I'm gonna do it so I reinstate my medal then never do.. and do that multiple times ina row, so I'm about 5 medals down on myself now.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-19 08:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
it's probably hard to find a party because everyone would rather party with people they know, and some people prefer rdm because a shitty rdm is better than a shitty whm.
I kick shitty anythings without remorse. Brds, cors, rdms, and whms are no exception. If you can't do the task, I'll get someone who will, lol. So I don't prefer a shitty anything.
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I need rank ups! I always think to myself yea I'm gonna do it so I reinstate my medal then never do.. and do that multiple times ina row, so I'm about 5 medals down on myself now.
That happened to me, and then I was like *** it I'm just gonna stop. Haven't done another since (this was last June)
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-04-19 09:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
I kick shitty anythings without remorse. Brds, cors, rdms, and whms are no exception. If you can't do the task, I'll get someone who will, lol. So I don't prefer a shitty anything.

doesn't mean other people don't
[+]
 Cerberus.Retinn
Server: Cerberus
user: Jeniffer
By Cerberus.Retinn 2010-04-19 09:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've dragged CB mobs away, but only after the server merges. It's that big of a problem to get any AN at all that warping to and from the CB is sometimes equal or a loss compared to what you gain, so I do justify it to gain AN. Shoot me.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-04-19 09:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

There are only few things that annoy me in campaign:

1) WHM melee, i'm not saying they shouldn't but I go to campaign battles on PLD/RDM (don't have DNC sub and I like /rdm anyway...) but when i'm tanking a tough mob, MP running low, HP starting to take a hit then the last thing I want to see is 5 WHMs meleeing beside me not curing at all, they'll get more exp by tossing cures around and if I drop then the mob just starts running through everyone else, especially in the case of NMs.

2) Pulling mobs away, it's been mentioned and despite being PLD i'd never do it and hate it since you just end up waiting for ages for the battle to end, especially if you can't find where they've dragged it.

3) Lazy DDing, this kind of links with point 2, people just engage and sit back, i'm sure people understand that there are people who will come and solo a mob just for good exp so why group on his mob? Pull a different one and save that one for last! But no, people don't want to do that because purple mobs > yellow mobs for some reason.

/rant
[+]
 Siren.Starbuck
Server: Siren
user: Starbuck
By Siren.Starbuck 2010-04-19 09:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone pulling one mob away doesn't bother me, what bothers me is there's one guy who'll pull 3+ mobs half way across the map. Yes he's a rdm, yes he uses the new aoe ws from campaign weapons so they don't get bored and wonder off. One time we killed the NM, and he had every single normal mob pulled way out. Ok being able to take on that many mobs at once, nice, and I bet the exp was great, but its still very annoying.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-19 10:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said:
There are only few things that annoy me in campaign:

1) WHM melee, i'm not saying they shouldn't but I go to campaign battles on PLD/RDM (don't have DNC sub and I like /rdm anyway...) but when i'm tanking a tough mob, MP running low, HP starting to take a hit then the last thing I want to see is 5 WHMs meleeing beside me not curing at all, they'll get more exp by tossing cures around and if I drop then the mob just starts running through everyone else, especially in the case of NMs.

2) Pulling mobs away, it's been mentioned and despite being PLD i'd never do it and hate it since you just end up waiting for ages for the battle to end, especially if you can't find where they've dragged it.

3) Lazy DDing, this kind of links with point 2, people just engage and sit back, i'm sure people understand that there are people who will come and solo a mob just for good exp so why group on his mob? Pull a different one and save that one for last! But no, people don't want to do that because purple mobs > yellow mobs for some reason.

/rant

My rant is similar to this.

1. I hate soloing/duoing with my BF, and there's like 5 WHMs and/or RDMs and SMNs (level 75 mind you) beating on the mob we pulled, not bothering to throw hastes, or cures or anything. We could've just as easily dragged the mob halfway across the zone so they couldn't leech.

2. I hate it when any job that can solo doesn't when there's an excess of mobs around. (seriously why does everyone pile onto my mob :x)

I pull mobs away when I'm by myself. I hate it when people leech my tanking and make the stupid thing TP more (usually stunning me, making things more dangerous........ killing it faster, taking away my AN, etc).

Other random annoyances that can't really be stopped:

-I hate it when people WS finish-off the mob I was trying to solo.
-I hate when non-DNCs use steps when I'm on DNC. It makes ***more annoying when I don't pay attention to what steps they're using/if they're using both box and quick(leaving me to use stutter only), and gimps my reverse flourish. Hard to explain, but it's obnoxious.
-I hate it when people drag bosses onto you.

Too sleepy to think of anything else.
[+]
 Fenrir.Hanabira
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2010-04-19 10:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

i pull mobs away because just like was said, 50 people who are each capable of killing their own mob comes to me and kill mine faster, messing up my xp

but what irritates me is rdm/blu or anyone with a rdm that has on phalanx 2, tanking an entire troupe (10-15 mobs) and killing them all at the same time with uriel blade, making it near impossible to pull one away. used flash, shield bash sentinel and animated flourish.. nothing

but you jackasses get the SAME xp cap per minute as everyone else, you do NOT get more xp for tanking 10 mobs, youre just ending campaign early messing up everyone elses xp. youre not cool, youre just a tool

its ESPECIALLY annoying when this person grabs all the mobs before they reach the fort, making everyone wait a half hour for nothing
 Seraph.Majinn
Server: Seraph
user: Cojak
By Seraph.Majinn 2010-04-19 10:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Experiencing the same things as others have mentioned, so most of the time I find myself going to campaign battles in CN, Citadel, or the Necropolis. Find that people tend to stay away from these battles more often; maybe it's the weird paths the mobs run.

Some suggestions SE could do to remedy this (not that they'll take note :/ ):

-Increase the number of campaign mobs.
-Decrease the number of campaign npcs.
-Reset fortification xp to pre-nerf.

As for people bringing bosses to you, I had a situation where someone got aggro on Conqueror Bakgodek and brought it to me saying "Help Me Out!" while I was soloing a mob. Long story short, ended w/ me KO after being chased by this fool and his/her aggro.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-04-19 10:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just cuz a whm or rdm is in campaign does`nt mean they have to haste or heal you, if they actually thought it through tho they`d realise they get a more exp for keeping your *** alive rather than just raising u when u die.

Not all mages will leave a melee to die, but its not easy to target 1 specific person tanking a mob when u gotta tab through 50 others on the same mob
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-04-19 10:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
I pull mobs away when I'm by myself.

I usually go after people that pull away mobs. It annoys me when there's a wave and people are fighting mobs halfway across the map, stretching out the battle unneccesarily.

Also QQing about someone ending "your" mob with a WS is your choice, since you come to campaign with DNC don't expect people to just sit around and watch while you dance around with the mobs.

If you have a decent damage output it won't matter if you solo a mob or you just move onto others constantly, your damage will still be consistant enough to secure a good amount of AN at the end of the battle.

If you have a job with a low damage output instead of trying to solo and stretch the battle for ages you could just cure/enhance NPCs/players.

Leviathan.Niniann said:
-I hate when non-DNCs use steps when I'm on DNC. It makes ***more annoying when I don't pay attention to what steps they're using/if they're using both box and quick(leaving me to use stutter only), and gimps my reverse flourish. Hard to explain, but it's obnoxious.

Actually, I think you trying to coordinate DNC enfeebles in a simple campaign battle is far more obnoxious.
[+]
 Leviathan.Tamian
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2010-04-19 11:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Where to start?? Well, first of all yes I hate ppl hiding mobs but only if I have to wait 20mins for his/her mob to die after all the others are already gone. This happened to me a couple of weeks ago on a east ron (s) battle. We had to wait 20+ mins...

Anyway there is nothing wrong if you solo a mob as long as you don't waste others time. Same thing with those jackasses that go afk in the middle of campaign and I have to wait for them to come back to get my union items from coffer /slap

Regarding ppl ws your mob or using steps or whatever I respectfully disagree. The more you do in campaign the more exp you get. I go to campaign as PLD/DNC and I use steps all the time, specially if I am not holding hate. I cure players and NPCs and buff them if I have enough MP. it's all part of the game and absolutely fair.

The problem now is that with the merge everyone is looking something or somebody to blame for getting half the exp they were getting before... And more ppl is now hiding mobs because of that exact same reason. I am not defending those ppl but I can understand why they do it.

Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-19 11:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

About Haste: If I'm tanking a mob (and they're leeching off me) I'd like haste. It's not hard and it gives them EXP.

About dying: I'm not going to die so whatever, and I'd rather cure myself anyway. I just want haste.

About pulling mobs away: Most union rewards are shitty, I don't even bother registering for unions unless it's the bosses that drop 100 pieces. If you hate having long battles, come find me after everything is dead, or teleport. :/

QQing: I usually just solve that problem by pulling ***far away. I can WS kill stuff, but sometimes I'm low on TP due to having to cure myself because all of the 9000 people feed the mob TP, causing me to take more damage (They don't even pull hate off me half the time -.-). Don't worry, I get enough AN per battle even without killshots, it's just obnoxious.

Low damage output: Dancer can't cure/enhance NPCs... because... we're party only. My boyfriend campaigns with me and I heal/support him, let him get killshots etc and end up with decent AN, but when I'm by myself, I'll solo things thanks.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-04-19 11:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I dislike people who pull a mob all the way across the map. However, I also dislike having a horde of people waste a mob in 30 seconds or army npcs destroying mobs so quickly that the battle lasts only a few minutes and we all get a measly 200 xp for it.

What I do is take a mob and pull it a little ways away, usually still within sight of the fort but away from the npcs. In Jugner, maybe down on the road. In Rolenberry, maybe behind the spine. Close to the forts, and certainly close enough for people to find if they care to, but NOT close to the npcs, AoEs from other mobs, or the aggro range for more incoming mobs.

My pet peeve of campaign is when people pull the boss. What are they thinking? "Oh LOOK! All the mobs are taken except this blond one. Shadowhand? Doesn't sound too bad. Let me just kill that biotch rq while you guys take out the little ones, kthx!" >.> I especially hate it when they pull the boss, then run around screaming like a chicken with their head cut off for help. Um, no. Take that darling thing you pulled and go die in a safe place to rr without running it through the rest of the people. That's another reason why I pull mobs just a bit away, maybe I just have bad luck but people on Odin seem to love pulling the bosses and then running them through everyone else that's fighting around the fort.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-19 11:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

rainlab said:
I think a simple patch to make Campaign mobs deaggro when pulled too far from the OP would do the trick
Thought I'd at least address this. In my experience some enemies do just that if I don't maintain hate during the pull. Of course, once I'm set up and engaged I'm constantly generating hate so they can't deaggro.

My philosophy is this - I'm there for EXP and I kill ***fairly quickly. I want EXP, and fighting alongside a horde of players and NPCs is not conducive to earning decent EXP or AN. If you're proactive enough to come find me and the mob I'm soloing then you're welcome to the EXP you get as a result, but if you're too lazy to fight anything that isn't right by the fortification then tough ***.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-19 11:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

About steps, since you guys don't seem to understand.

You can only land five of each step on a mob before you only get one finishing move verses two per step. (This is for main job dancer.) The idea behind DNC steps is you do two different steps (Box/Quick, Stutter/Box, etc) then reverse flourish for 61 TP. If you want to spam steps, fine, but I hate it when non-DNCs feel the need to spam two types of steps, building up the 5/5 faster. Every person's steps stacks with each other, if you're using Quick step, you're going to end up gimping a DNCs quick step. If I'm tanking a mob, I don't really appreciate having my main method of KEEPING MYSELF ALIVE.... being brutally raped by every *** /dnc leeching off my mob.

Thing that makes me facepalm:

Paladin #1 is spamming Quickstep
Paladin #2 is spamming Box Step

Can you both spam the same thing please? :/

If you still don't understand I'll try to do a better job explaining what exactly it is that you're doing to your local DNCs....

Edit: What Liela said.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-19 11:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
About steps, since you guys don't seem to understand.

You can only land five of each step on a mob before you only get one finishing move verses two per step. (This is for main job dancer.) The idea behind DNC steps is you do two different steps (Box/Quick, Stutter/Box, etc) then reverse flourish for 61 TP. If you want to spam steps, fine, but I hate it when non-DNCs feel the need to spam two types of steps, building up the 5/5 faster. Every person's steps stacks with each other, if you're using Quick step, you're going to end up gimping a DNCs quick step. If I'm tanking a mob, I don't really appreciate having my main method of KEEPING MYSELF ALIVE.... being brutally raped by every *** /dnc leeching off my mob.

Thing that makes me facepalm:

If you still don't understand I'll try to do a better job explaining what exactly it is that you're doing to your local DNCs....

Wait, people don't know this? I assumed everyone already knew that...
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-19 11:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure people don't know that, otherwise they'd quit doing it.... right? <_<;;
 Fenrir.Hanabira
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2010-04-19 11:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

at least when i pull it away and i feel like its taking me too long and the others are probably done, i'll either speed up the kill with joyeuse/atonement spam or take it back to the fort.

and as for PLD, we arent so hot on the damage output except for atonement, which does nothing when the mobs die in 30 seconds, most of our xp comes from taking damage and curing ourselves so i'll do what i need to do to make sure this is happening. its expecially annoying when a SECOND pld ignores mobs on the fort, come to ME, and use every hate tool they have to try and peel the mob off of me. die in a fire, k thanks.

the problem is, campaign battles are extremely short since the last update, i primarily stay in the dungeon zones and i'd regularly get 5k+xp, cash out, come back and get another 3-4 before the battle ends. now for some reason, even when there are little to no people there, the battles bearly last long enough to get 3k. after a wave dies, they dont chill and wait on the next one anymore, they just end campaign and leave
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2010-04-19 11:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:

I am sorry but I have to stick to my point. We as PLD/DNC have to scratch every exp possible as we don;t do much dmg and with all the DDs around is hard to get hate, so if we get 10exp per step of course I will do it, so I feel for you if that mess up your strategy as DNC but it helps a lot mine. By spamming quick/box steps I assure myself that most needed exp, specially now when battles are over after 5-10 mins.

I think that unless you are in a pt and you take a mob as a group, there is no way you'll get ppl to let you do what you want.

Leviathan.Jekyll
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2010-04-19 11:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I see no issue whatsoever with someone fishing their own mob and bringing it half way across the map. The reason for doing this is simple, there just aren't enough mobs in one zone to support the 25+ people plus npcs that show up. So instead of fighting it alongside everyone else and leaving with only 500-1k xp at best, I prefer to pull it far away to guarantee 2k+
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-04-19 11:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

I am sorry but I have to stick to my point. We as PLD/DNC have to scratch every exp possible as we don;t do much dmg and with all the DDs around is hard to get hate, so if we get 10exp per step of course I will do it, so I feel for you if that mess up your strategy as DNC but it helps a lot mine. By spamming quick/box steps I assure myself that most needed exp, specially now when battles are over after 5-10 mins.

I think that unless you are in a pt and you take a mob as a group, there is no way you'll get ppl to let you do what you want.

I don't think you understand.... you get the same exp for just spamming quick step even if it goes to 5/5 on the mob. By switching between box and quick step you're ruining everything for the DNCs. You can get your exp by spamming steps, but please for the love of the kittens, just stick to one. I can work around having to use Box/Stutter for my source of TP income, I can't just do Stutter.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-19 11:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian is right. If you're going to leech something I'm tanking, you better toss some support my way. Sure, the whm doesn't HAVE to haste me, but then don't be mad when i super jump and grab a new mob and leave you with that one.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-04-19 11:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't lie, if someone pulls a mob away and is making people wait 5-10 mins for one kill, I'll just pull up widescan and /sh the mob pos. Maybe that's a rude thing to do, but so is telling someone not to attack a campaign mob because they're soloing it and it's "theirs". Of course, I only do this if I'm waiting on Union spoils, which is rare.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-04-19 11:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If im tanking a mob on rdm and i`ve got a few people beating on it as well i will generally support them with cures and haste, it servers two ways really, helps keep ppl alive and boosts the exp i get from that battle.

If i see 5 ppl beating on a purple mob and i see a yellow one i will go after the yellow one, if ppl want to join me on it more power to you, i wont run all the way to zone with it, just out of the grasp of those over-powerd npcs
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-19 11:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
I won't lie, if someone pulls a mob away and is making people wait 5-10 mins for one kill, I'll just pull up widescan and /sh the mob pos. Maybe that's a rude thing to do, but so is telling someone not to attack a campaign mob because they're soloing it and it's "theirs". Of course, I only do this if I'm waiting on Union spoils, which is rare.
Forget the people who won't work for their EXP... just go after that mob yourself.
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2010-04-19 11:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
I don't think you understand.... you get the same exp for just spamming quick step even if it goes to 5/5 on the mob. By switching between box and quick step you're ruining everything for the DNCs. You can get your exp by spamming steps, but please for the love of the kittens, just stick to one. I can work around having to use Box/Stutter for my source of TP income, I can't just do Stutter.

That I did not knew. If that is true then it make sense and sounds totally fair, but again it will be really hard to get those /DNC to stick to one step. In my case I set my chat filters during campaign to only see what I do and what mobs do to me, so it is hard for me to see what steps others are using.

Anyway I will trust you and use just one step (usually box).

Thanks for explaining!
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-04-19 12:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
My pet peeve of campaign is when people pull the boss. What are they thinking? "Oh LOOK! All the mobs are taken except this blond one. Shadowhand? Doesn't sound too bad. Let me just kill that biotch rq while you guys take out the little ones, kthx!" >.> I especially hate it when they pull the boss, then run around screaming like a chicken with their head cut off for help. Um, no. Take that darling thing you pulled and go die in a safe place to rr without running it through the rest of the people. That's another reason why I pull mobs just a bit away, maybe I just have bad luck but people on Odin seem to love pulling the bosses and then running them through everyone else that's fighting around the fort.

LOL that happens so much.

But to be honest, I can only laugh about that ***.

Sometimes I'm waiting for the next wave to arrive and while idling around I don't notice enemy general is on the front line leading the cavalary. -_-

That's when I'm OSHI-!