Is It Just Me.....

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » is it just me.....
is it just me.....
First Page 2 3
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-14 02:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

or do some of you also get a lil annoyed, when you're partying with a 73+ melee only to find out they don't have their job's main trial done? I was exping with a 75 sam at the colibri merit spot today, who had B haidate on and fuma sune-ate....who was actually meriting (not just dinged 75 building buffer)...who didn't have kasha...

I can understand not having Rana, since nyzul really sucks *** to climb...took me forever to hit 100 (i had rana at floor 11, but thats besides the point lol)

Does this also bug some of you guys?
 Quetzalcoatl.Dionysius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dionysius
By Quetzalcoatl.Dionysius 2010-04-14 02:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

what would bug me more was the fact that I was meriting with a SAM using GK that wasn't a relic =)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-04-14 02:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dionysius said:
what would bug me more was the fact that I was meriting with a SAM using GK that wasn't a relic =)

Yeah gotta hate those damn no relic noob SAMs! ...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dionysius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dionysius
By Quetzalcoatl.Dionysius 2010-04-14 02:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feifongwong said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dionysius said:

Yeah gotta hate those damn no relic noob SAMs! ...

damn skippy!!
[+]
 Siren.Vonn
Server: Siren
user: VonnTaru
By Siren.Vonn 2010-04-14 03:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

INB4..... oh... wait.... it's already trolled.
 Carbuncle.Rinomaru
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Rinomaru 2010-04-14 03:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomoe
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-14 03:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

lol damn peeps...i wasn't even talkin about the gimp sam (btw he wasn't all that good..i pulled more hate as pup spamming stringing pummel lol....)

main point was people not doing their main trials @71 (72 in the case on nin..and i think rng)...cuz most of those WSs are very much worth the 1h to break the latent lol....especially on sam with sekkanoki being available for trials lol
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2010-04-14 03:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't be so mad at him not having kasha as I would be at him using GK for meriting in the first place. Not to mention just about every SAM I've played with seems to think I'm doing Sekkanoki for THEM, so I'm likely to get my self SC's messed up anyways :/
[+]
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2010-04-14 03:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ahligieri said:
I wouldn't be so mad at him not having kasha as I would be at him using GK for meriting in the first place.
^ qft
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-04-14 03:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
lol damn peeps...i wasn't even talkin about the gimp sam (btw he wasn't all that good..i pulled more hate as pup spamming stringing pummel lol....)

main point was people not doing their main trials @71 (72 in the case on nin..and i think rng)...cuz most of those WSs are very much worth the 1h to break the latent lol....especially on sam with sekkanoki being available for trials lol

Blade: Ku sucks...
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2010-04-14 03:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the coolest looking WS though!
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-04-14 04:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This post should be about jiggly buttocks cuz that was all I was able to focus on. :D
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-04-14 06:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Gilhaven said:
This post should be about jiggly buttocks cuz that was all I was able to focus on. :D
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-14 10:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Gilhaven said:

I agree.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 10:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
or do some of you also get a lil annoyed, when you're partying with a 73 melee only to find out they don't have their job's main trial done? I was exping with a 75 sam at the colibri merit spot today, who had B haidate on and fuma sune-ate....who was actually meriting (not just dinged 75 building buffer)...who didn't have kasha...

I can understand not having Rana, since nyzul really sucks *** to climb...took me forever to hit 100 (i had rana at floor 11, but thats besides the point lol)

Why would this bug you? What is the purpose of tachi kasha in a merit party?

A) he should have been using polearm to begin with.

B) Unless he was actually using the trial weapon to break the latent, then what difference does it make? Even when using gkt, unless you're going for light SC, Tachi: Gekko is a superior weaponskill anyways.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-04-14 10:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
or do some of you also get a lil annoyed, when you're partying with a 73 melee only to find out they don't have their job's main trial done? I was exping with a 75 sam at the colibri merit spot today, who had B haidate on and fuma sune-ate....who was actually meriting (not just dinged 75 building buffer)...who didn't have kasha...

Nice thing about DRK. No quests or anything to unlock guillotine ;P I unlocked spiral hell as soon as I could anyway, and have gotten insurgency as well.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 10:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Not really a valid point.

A) Not all of those weaponskills are even useful

B) Even the ones are useful, may only be situationally useful (For example, Kasha for light SC).

To give an example. I've had sam 75 for almost 2 years now. The only things I did with it were merit (which I used polearm) and red vs blue (which I could solo doing self darkness). I just unlocked Kasha less than a month ago. Why? Because I joined an HNM shell, where the WS and it's skill chain properties would actually be useful. Until then it was just an hour of crab killing that would have resulted in a WS I would have never used until now anyways.
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-04-14 10:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Would only bug me if said WS was worth having for meriting...which amounts to what, Asuran Fists and perhaps Detonator?
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2010-04-14 10:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
B) Even the ones are useful, may only be situationally useful (For example, Kasha for light SC).

yeah you never use Kasha to para a mob solo... not to mention its the same Strength as Y/G... oh well <.<

nyways... polearm @ birds {Yes, please!}

x.x
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-04-14 10:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

I leveled SAM and got Rana, but never got around to Kasha. I know my SAM was gimp but I was still doing decent at birds (#1 or #2 on the parses). I did stop playing SAM in favor of WAR because imo WAR was more fun and it was less gimped. So does it bug me? Not really, as long as they can pump out damage to not feel like they are leeching.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 10:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Magistrella said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

yeah you never use Kasha to para a mob solo...
Considering I have pup, dnc, drg, and mnk, why the *** would I ever solo on sam? Valid point to some, not so much when concerning myself.
Quote:
not to mention its the same Strength as Y/G... oh well
Same WSC, same FTP, but all three WS get a hidden attack boost. Guess which one gets the highest boost? Gekko, which makes it the superior WS, with the other two being equal only when attack is considered capped for all 3 WS.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-14 10:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Not having something that is essentially free shows a lack of pride in a job.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 10:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
This coming from someone who can't complete sea and get a Rajas ring for his mnk. (Nor limbus access to get a brutal earring)
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-14 10:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
This coming from someone who can't complete sea and get a Rajas ring for his mnk. (Nor limbus access to get a brutal earring)

Derp unlocking sea is as easy as unlocking a weapon skill derp
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 10:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoever said anything about that. It's still "essentially free", but more useful than your example against me.

Also

Lol at this being "Best gear possibly for monk to wear"
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-14 10:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Whoever said anything about that. It's still "essentially free", but more useful than your example against me.

Also

Lol at this being "Best gear possibly for monk to wear"

Derp using old item sets against me derp

That's right Vegetto, Falter in the argument at hand and pick on something else.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 10:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really, it was an addition. You seem to be the one faltering, as you only replied to that portion of my post, and totally ignored the point I made towards the existing argument.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 10:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Try harder
[+]
 Sylph.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-04-14 11:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said:
Would only bug me if said WS was worth having for meriting...which amounts to what, Asuran Fists and perhaps Detonator?
Savage Blade on BLU. Gotta make them Cannonball Light chains if you want to do the damage.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-14 11:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You show a lack of pride for your job seeing as you failed to do something you could essentially duo.

You said I had a lack of pride in a job because I haven't completed CoP which takes quite a bit of gil on various items needed for the capped BCNM's.

(inb4 cheap)

I would agree that not having a Rajas and Brutal for mnk does show a certain lack of pride, but not to such a degree as not having an easily obtainable weapon skill that takes 300 WS points (on sam none the less) which can be duo'd with ease in less than 3 hours. The NM is soloable by a decent SAM.

Comparing the numerous months it would take to get through CoP, as well as stopping numerous times if people leave a static to something that you can do in one day is laughable.

Don't try to justify being lazy by drawing comparisons between other players mon ami~
[+]
First Page 2 3