Is It Just Me.....

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » is it just me.....
is it just me.....
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 11:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Duo? I solo'd the 300 ws points and the NM. As need basis. I needed it and I unlocked it. Simple as that. Free is free is free. You're being a hypocrite. You aren't doing missions that will greatly help your mnk's performance but then want to talk ***about something that did nothing to my performance and once it reached the point that I would, I got it the same night.

CoP does not require these "gil" items. They help, but they aren't essential and even then, not all 6 members of the mission will need it, so even on the ones you feel may be needed, doesn't mean it comes from your pocket.

Ok, if I bought meds so I could sub drg instead of dnc, and a tp wing, I could have gotten my ws points faster! Does this make the quest now not free?
Quote:
Numerous months
I lol'd. The only thing stopping you from being able to do CoP from start to finish in a week is the missions that have JP midnights inbetween then.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 11:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Don't try to justify being lazy by drawing comparisons between other players mon ami~
Diff between being lazy on something that can benefit you and being lazy to get something you have no use for. As I said, the day I needed it, was the day I got it. You're the one being lazy. How are those CoP missions coming along?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-14 11:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Don't try to justify being lazy by drawing comparisons between other players mon ami~
Diff between being lazy on something that can benefit you and being lazy to get something you have no use for. As I said, the day I needed it, was the day I got it. You're the one being lazy. How are those CoP missions coming along?

Calling for them atm ^^ been doing so for a few days
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-04-14 11:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how you call Vegetto lazy, I can't think of another person on this website who tries to help other people with their gear options as much as he does. He is well respected with this knowledge of the maths behind this game across mutiple boards, and well.. I have no idea who you are.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-04-14 11:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I don't see how you call Vegetto lazy, I can't think of another person on this website who tries to help other people with their gear options as much as he does. He is well respected with this knowledge of the maths behind this game across mutiple boards, and well.. I have no idea who you are.
Flionheart = Logic Man!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-14 11:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Duo? I solo'd the 300 ws points and the NM. As need basis. I needed it and I unlocked it. Simple as that. Free is free is free. You're being a hypocrite. You aren't doing missions that will greatly help your mnk's performance but then want to talk ***about something that did nothing to my performance and once it reached the point that I would, I got it the same night.

CoP does not require these "gil" items. They help, but they aren't essential and even then, not all 6 members of the mission will need it, so even on the ones you feel may be needed, doesn't mean it comes from your pocket.

Ok, if I bought meds so I could sub drg instead of dnc, and a tp wing, I could have gotten my ws points faster! Does this make the quest now not free?
Quote:
Numerous months
I lol'd. The only thing stopping you from being able to do CoP from start to finish in a week is the missions that have JP midnights inbetween then.

To be fair, it can be really difficult to find people for some of the fights. If you're new you'll have trouble finding people for the different promyvions, possibly 4-3, 5-3 and 6-4. If you don't have a static it'll take a while and gil could be stopping you if your group needs those CCB Polymer Pumps or a bunch of animas (even though promies are easy). Omega can be a huge pain in the *** with its TP move spammage (if you don't have the "right" jobs) so it's not the same as not having say... Sky.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-04-14 11:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't really bug me, usually because the majority of Trial WS' are really just for looks and have an earlier WS that outperforms it. Because of this, I haven't bothered myself to get Empyreal Arrow/Detonator as they do less then Arching Arrow/Heavy Shot, yet has the same Skillchain properties.

But there are certain Trial WS' that would be considered a "must have" like Savage Blade, Tachi: Kasha, and Evisceration, simply because it gives the jobs that can use it access to doing Light/Darkness. In which case, it'd be nice for those that could use it to have it.

And going a lil off topic:

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Same WSC, same FTP, but all three WS get a hidden attack boost. Guess which one gets the highest boost? Gekko, which makes it the superior WS, with the other two being equal only when attack is considered capped for all 3 WS.
I've always wondered about this, simply because I hear it from time to time, but whenever I looked at my own parses of my Y/G/K's, they all average about the same to the other.

For me, I've noticed that my Yukikaze's averages with a higher minimum damage, whereas my Gekko's averages with a higher maximum damage, and my Kasha's averages somewhere in between.

Is there any parses suggesting the hidden attack boosts? Would like to have a look at it myself to satisfy my curiosity.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-04-14 11:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't bother me at all...mostly because I am part of the problem. I have 6 75's and only ever unlocked 2 ws(Spiral hell and Kasha) dealing with the NM types (I have all the nyzul ones but blm.) So far I haven't missed them so why do them. Granted it's time I do both Steel Cyclone just for shits sack and Ground Strike. But then again I only really ever merit on war so Steel Cyclone isn't a must and my drk hasn't been touched in months.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 12:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zephyran said:
Doesn't really bug me, usually because the majority of Trial WS' are really just for looks and have an earlier WS that outperforms it. Because of this, I haven't bothered myself to get Empyreal Arrow/Detonator as they do less then Arching Arrow/Heavy Shot, yet has the same Skillchain properties.

But there are certain Trial WS' that would be considered a "must have" like Savage Blade, Tachi: Kasha, and Evisceration, simply because it gives the jobs that can use it access to doing Light/Darkness. In which case, it'd be nice for those that could use it to have it.

And going a lil off topic:

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Same WSC, same FTP, but all three WS get a hidden attack boost. Guess which one gets the highest boost? Gekko, which makes it the superior WS, with the other two being equal only when attack is considered capped for all 3 WS.
I've always wondered about this, simply because I hear it from time to time, but whenever I looked at my own parses of my Y/G/K's, they all average about the same to the other.

For me, I've noticed that my Yukikaze's averages with a higher minimum damage, whereas my Gekko's averages with a higher maximum damage, and my Kasha's averages somewhere in between.

Is there any parses suggesting the hidden attack boosts? Would like to have a look at it myself to satisfy my curiosity.
Was a pretty through testing thread on bg forums, you'd have to search for it in advanced section there.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-14 12:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/68018-yuki-gekko-kasha-attack-bonus-testing.html
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-04-14 13:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Would've liked it if he showed his parse so we could look at it his averages though :/
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-14 13:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk about you guys, but I find kasha's paralyze to be quite helpful in party situations, in addition to doing some nice damage.... This sam that i'm referring to, had been using yukki for fragmentation SCs with himself. Now normally i wouldn't mind somebody putting in the extra effort to blind mobs as I do it on sam (I use yukki or kasha to debuff as we fight to save a lil mp here and there) but we had a pld, and my puppet was on 2nd flash duty, so mobs were pretty much perpetually flashed.... I think paralyze procs here and there would have helped us some...considering at one point, we had a wipe (had like 4 colibri at once, and our only sleeper was our main healer sch, who was stuck on light arts, so he couldn't sleep-ga 2)
 Asura.Isiolia
Server: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-04-14 13:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spiriel said:
Asura.Isiolia said:
Would only bug me if said WS was worth having for meriting...which amounts to what, Asuran Fists and perhaps Detonator?
Savage Blade on BLU. Gotta make them Cannonball Light chains if you want to do the damage.

It's a potential use for the WS, but most BLUs wouldn't use it in a merit party.

Not saying you wouldn't want to get it, or Expiacion for that matter, but if I happened to get a BLU in a merit party, I'd care a lot more about whether they had Disseverment n' proper gear setups.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 13:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Idk about you guys, but I find kasha's paralyze to be quite helpful in party situations, in addition to doing some nice damage.... This sam that i'm referring to, had been using yukki for fragmentation SCs with himself. Now normally i wouldn't mind somebody putting in the extra effort to blind mobs as I do it on sam (I use yukki or kasha to debuff as we fight to save a lil mp here and there) but we had a pld, and my puppet was on 2nd flash duty, so mobs were pretty much perpetually flashed.... I think paralyze procs here and there would have helped us some...considering at one point, we had a wipe (had like 4 colibri at once, and our only sleeper was our main healer sch, who was stuck on light arts, so he couldn't sleep-ga 2)

Birds)Irrelevant, should be using polearm

Non birds) Rdm para is much more potent, kasha is not an adequate substitute in any situation you're actually worry about having it para'd.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-14 13:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zephyran said:
Would've liked it if he showed his parse so we could look at it his averages though :/
...lol? Average would be at the midpoint between the min and max values. Kinda sounds like you're missing the primary focus of the test though, which was establishing and quantifying the pDIF boost on each WS.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-14 13:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Birds)Irrelevant, should be using polearm

Non birds) Rdm para is much more potent, kasha is not an adequate substitute in any situation you're actually worry about having it para'd.

i get that he should have used a polearm..hell even i use them these days..i dont have a tomoe, but my gondo isn't HORRIBLE (same dmg/delay as NQ Engetsuto, just no acc/Stp+ but the crits are nice)

but ya, we had no debuffer, so para procs would have been nice i think (set up was rng/sam, pld/war, sam/nin, sch/rdm, pup/war (me), and i can't even remember our 6th lol but it wasn't a mage)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 13:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
we had no debuffer, so para procs would have been nice i think
Dysfunctional party (thoughts before seeing pt set up)
Quote:
(set up was rng/sam, pld/war, sam/nin, sch/rdm, pup/war (me), and i can't even remember our 6th lol but it wasn't a mage)
Dysfunctional party (after seeing pt set up)

And btw, gondo is just fine, so I have no complaints w/ that.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-14 14:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ya i don't doubt that party had issues from the jump lol...but i atleast held my ***together lol (i dont have a million white boxes or usukane for pup...(totally need a new salvage group lol) but i atleast used birdbanes hehe) and had my rng frame doing 1k AP's (not fully merited but i'm getting there as well)

and on a side note, i appreciate the no complaints about gondo lol...i know you are a big help on these forums and i appreciate you not being all "tomoe or gtfo!!!" lol though i wouldn't expect that from you, reading your posts about other topics in XI
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-14 14:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Birdbanes actually lose on greater colibri. Not by much, but lower lv birds only rly. Low dmg+, high delay, and the fact that it doesn't work for WS dmg makes them not as attractive to the h2h choices at 75. Waghs should suit you fine and are really cheap.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-14 14:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm working on my cat claws atm (still undecided on the final form) but i'm going for the fire augment (either str+4 att+15 for me, or str+4 (me) and pet:att+12 ratt+12) but i'm leaning towards option 1, they have i think 18 dmg and 61 delay
 Quetzalcoatl.Dionysius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dionysius
By Quetzalcoatl.Dionysius 2010-04-14 14:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad I wasn't the only one XD
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-04-14 14:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
...lol? Average would be at the midpoint between the min and max values. Kinda sounds like you're missing the primary focus of the test though, which was establishing and quantifying the pDIF boost on each WS.
Which is why I was looking for a parse. As he only gave the lowest and highest WS' he recorded, not the overall average of the total Y/G/K's, along with the damage of each WS.

Meaning, for all we know, he may have had more low Gekko's compared to his high Gekko's. And more high Yukikaze's compared to his low Yukikaze's.

In which case the midpoint between the min and max values wouldn't be accurate enough, as it's the same concept of using a WS twice and making the average from just that.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-14 23:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zephyran said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Which is why I was looking for a parse. As he only gave the lowest and highest WS' he recorded, not the overall average of the total Y/G/K's, along with the damage of each WS.

Meaning, for all we know, he may have had more low Gekko's compared to his high Gekko's. And more high Yukikaze's compared to his low Yukikaze's.

In which case the midpoint between the min and max values wouldn't be accurate enough, as it's the same concept of using a WS twice and making the average from just that.
...you seriously have no understanding of what he was doing.

1) pDIF values follow a random distribution. None of this favoring the high or low end ***, aside from the new randomization function following what used to be the full process (final value * 1.00~1.05), which created the appearance of favoring the high end until we understood what was going on. This was not in place at the time of the test.

2) Determining the min and max allows for the quantification of the actual pDIF bonus. Due to the piecewise linear nature of the min/max functions, simply using the average would give incorrect results. Same goes for the fact that they cap; since Gekko's max value capped in the initial test the reported bonus would have been skewed.

The min and max values were the only ones that mattered.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-04-15 00:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
...you seriously have no understanding of what he was doing.

1) pDIF values follow a random distribution. None of this favoring the high or low end ***, aside from the new randomization function following what used to be the full process (final value * 1.00~1.05), which created the appearance of favoring the high end until we understood what was going on. This was not in place at the time of the test.

2) Determining the min and max allows for the quantification of the actual pDIF bonus. Due to the piecewise linear nature of the min/max functions, simply using the average would give incorrect results. Same goes for the fact that they cap; since Gekko's max value capped in the initial test the reported bonus would have been skewed.

The min and max values were the only ones that mattered.
Oh sorry, guess some folks didn't see that I was asking if there was a parse suggesting the hidden attack boost. But instead I was given a link to some folks experiments suggesting either an attack boost or if there's a percentage/fixed amount of defense ignored, but not the actual parse.

I understand what he was testing, and it wasn't what I was looking for, hence my:

Ragnarok.Zephyran said:
I wanted to see all of the raw data. The actual parse for my own curiosity because on the occasions that I parse myself while I'm Samurai my Yukikaze's average a higher minimum then my Gekko's, though my Gekko's average a higher maximum then my Yukikaze and Kasha.

If it's difficult to understand at first, let it soak in a bit.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-15 00:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Oh sorry, guess some folks didn't see that I was asking if there was a parse suggesting the hidden attack boost. But instead I was given a link to some folks experiments suggesting either an attack boost or if there's a percentage/fixed amount of defense ignored, but not the actual parse.
lol? Keep reading, it will all become clear in time.

Maybe. Then again maybe not, since you keep asking for parse data.

For the latter portion of your post, see point 1.
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-04-15 00:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
For the latter portion of your post, see point 1.
Which is what has me curious at his Gekko's minimum doing more then his Yukikaze's minimum, where in my parses it's the other way around.

Maybe I'm just reading into it too much, Lol :P
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-15 00:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps. I don't have specific data on that for YGK, but the math applies across all hits and I do recall a graph generated out of parsed melee hits from back when we were figuring out the new functions... it's skewed towards the high end due to the new randomization function (plus some other oddities that may or may not have ever been fully explained), but if you like I could try and find it again.
 Unicorn.Riken
Server: Unicorn
user: Riken
By Unicorn.Riken 2010-04-15 05:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

For Y/G/K it's a set atk bonus where Y get's a 33% bonus, G get's a 66% bonus and K gets somewhere around 50%. This bonus is not limited by the 999 atk cap either.

Edit: Its 4 am and I'm now wandering if it's 33/66/50 or 33/99/66 respectively. I'll try to track it down tomorrow, or maybe when I wake up, it'll be clear to me again.
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-04-15 05:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

999 Attack cap?

Nope, 999 is the max that can be displaced on your equipment screen, the game calculates on your true value.

And in reality pDif caps well before 999 attack on nearly everything in the game and that's before Dia or Argon.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-15 05:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Like dude, when I boost for chi blast, the numbers don't go higher than 999!! If it did, my chi blast would do mega damage!!!!

Arg, YOU CONFUZE MEH