Link | Quote | Reply

Lol
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-03-18 08:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct me if I'm wrong... but one of the reasons the JPs get upset when checked is the message "<player> Examines you" translates to "<player> looks you up and down". Again, correct me if I'm wrong on that.
But that is what I've learned over the years about them getting really angry with you.

Personally, if someone freaks out that they are being checked, I usually just tell everyone in my LS who's in the vicinity to find them and check them. that way get like 20+ people riding up their *** taking a look-see.

If people check me, I usually just /em feels examined

if they continue to spam check me...
/em NEEDS AN ADULT!!!
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-18 08:32:31
Link | Quote | Reply

lol I don't mind the /checks as much as I do the "zomg where did you get that gear" cause then i actually have to respond or I look like a douche. Then I get the occasional tard "where does usu gear come from?"
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-18 08:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
"<player> Examines you" translates to "<player> looks you up and down". Again, correct me if I'm wrong on that.
But that is what I've learned over the years about them getting really angry with you.
[/b]
who gives a ***, they need to grow up if they're offended by a message given to them in a videogame.
 Fenrir.Retin
Server: Fenrir
user: Jeniffer
By Fenrir.Retin 2010-03-18 08:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

inbe4 Ext/Eternalheart, Fenrir. If you don't have a history to tell from these guys, get one, it's quite hilarious:) I passed them both omw to quicksand caves, past KV and of course, checked them both. While I was on a chocobo they both started to follow me. I went into QC, they came there, I warped to WG, they came there. I had a cat & mouse game going on for over 30min while I was constantly changing areas(teleports, al zahbi, retrace, warp to home nation), and yeah, they did follow me EVERYWHERE. I had such a blast having gotten them both to chase me down lol.
[+]
 Seraph.Dreakon
Server: Seraph
user: Dreakon
By Seraph.Dreakon 2010-03-18 08:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

@Vegetto Make a /r macro that says it comes from the land of dreams and wonder and that since they are not true believers they will never obtain it.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-18 08:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

To be frank, I really don't know what SE was thinking by notifying a certain person when he/she is checked. For all I care they can remove that out of the game.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-18 08:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Dreakon said:
@Vegetto Make a /r macro that says it comes from the land of dreams and wonder and that since they are not true believers they will never obtain it.
Reminds me of my nin 2hr macro

/sh FOR ALLAH LALALALALA!!!!!
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-03-18 08:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
who gives a ***, they need to grow up if they're offended by a message given to them in a videogame.

Oh I hear yeah.
I could care less if they are offended.
I was just tossing that out there as something I learned long ago... not sure if it holds any validity though.
[+]
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2010-03-18 08:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I kind of take it as a compliment. I notice the better my job is geared the more I get checked. I had a person in the LS that did get upset when people checked them. The would sit naked untill the fight started. Made me lol
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-18 08:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Fenrir.Retin said:
inbe4 Ext/Eternalheart, Fenrir. If you don't have a history to tell from these guys, get one, it's quite hilarious:) I passed them both omw to quicksand caves, past KV and of course, checked them both. While I was on a chocobo they both started to follow me. I went into QC, they came there, I warped to WG, they came there. I had a cat & mouse game going on for over 30min while I was constantly changing areas(teleports, al zahbi, retrace, warp to home nation), and yeah, they did follow me EVERYWHERE. I had such a blast having gotten them both to chase me down lol.

Whut?

Who are these people and why aren't they locked up in an asylum? =x

The real question here is; how the hell did you not manage to shake them off for 30 minutes?
[+]
 Seraph.Dreakon
By Seraph.Dreakon 2010-03-18 08:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Seraph.Dreakon said:
Reminds me of my nin 2hr macro

/sh FOR ALLAH LALALALALA!!!!!

I had a similar macro when I was leveling Nin to 37. I had to delete it because I kept *** an heroing on accident during parties.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zandra
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zandra
By Quetzalcoatl.Zandra 2010-03-18 08:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Kujata.Argettio said:
How to tell who is a JP or JP wanna-be.

Go into the middle of the square in WG or the AH

Type /em examines you

See how blinks/does and angry emote/sends you a tell etc.

If you'd type /em examines you the JPs would know it's fake because it wouldn't translate to their language.

True, change the first line to:

"How to tell who is a JP style view on being checked"

if you want to get the japanese too, start typing

/em はあなたをじっと見つめた。

it literally just means "XXXX stares at you."

that's how it shows up in the japanese version of the game atleast
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 08:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

its funny when people put their e-marriages in their Bazaar comments like people give a ***if their lives are so pathetic that they have to resort to e-weddings lol
 Seraph.Dreakon
By Seraph.Dreakon 2010-03-18 09:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
its funny when people put their e-marriages in their Bazaar comments like people give a ***if their lives are so pathetic that they have to resort to e-weddings lol

What's really funny is that getting married in XI is a much more complicated process than getting married irl. My girlfriend and I were going to do it, but got annoyed and put off at all the bs you have to do.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 09:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Dreakon said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

What's really funny is that getting married in XI is a much more complicated process than getting married irl. My girlfriend and I were going to do it, but got annoyed and put off at all the bs you have to do.
o.o

at least you can divorce the *** with the push of a button
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-18 09:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Seraph.Dreakon said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

o.o

Do you have to divide up your gil evenly?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 09:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Seraph.Dreakon said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

o.o

Do you have to divide up your gil evenly?
if you're a punk, then she gets all the gil.

If your peaches have fur, then you can tell the *** to kick rocks
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-03-18 09:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Lol what's equally funny is those youtube vids they make of it. You'd think they're really as nervous and excited as if it's a real wedding.
 Fenrir.Vacian
Server: Fenrir
user: Vacian
By Fenrir.Vacian 2010-03-18 09:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I am an admitted /spam checker. My girlfriend tells me all the time I should chill out on it but meh, if I see someone on a job I am interested in/on/have lvld yer gonna get checked for gear ideas or bazarr etc etc. I have had the constant blink from JPs before too I also had a mithra on the airship walk out of the room, come back in naked walking slow and /em shakes her hair out, my girlfriend and I were busting up
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-18 09:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Zone into Batallia Downs (S) and a dhalmel zones in just behind also, he examines you all way to the Campaign Arbiter, his dhalmel neck looming over you. Boost macro go! *blink* yay dhalmel look away. Now I know im not having a piss next to this staring dhalmel in a public urinal that probably would freak me out but there is something marginally annoying about ppl staring and following you halfway across a zone.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 09:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Lol what's equally funny is those youtube vids they make of it. You'd think they're really as nervous and excited as if it's a real wedding.
if they are, they need a reality check ASAP!
 Ragnarok.Rusko
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2010-03-18 09:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

check me. you will see <|Humpty Dumpty|>
[+]
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2010-03-18 09:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
Correct me if I'm wrong... but one of the reasons the JPs get upset when checked is the message "<player> Examines you" translates to "<player> looks you up and down". Again, correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Personally, if someone freaks out that they are being checked, I usually just tell everyone in my LS who's in the vicinity to find them and check them. that way get like 20 people riding up their *** taking a look-see.

/em NEEDS AN ADULT!!!

On an interview I read somewhere that someone did to a bunch of JP people, they reported that it was actually "/em stares fixedly at ******" and they found it rather rude.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 09:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
Siren.Kuz said:

Personally, if someone freaks out that they are being checked, I usually just tell everyone in my LS who's in the vicinity to find them and check them. that way get like 20 people riding up their *** taking a look-see.

/em NEEDS AN ADULT!!!

On an interview I read somewhere that someone did to a bunch of JP people, they reported that it was actually "/em stares fixedly at ******" and they found it rather rude.
those *** JAPs find everything rude, even when you pick your nose in the bathroom in your own house.
[+]
 Seraph.Dreakon
By Seraph.Dreakon 2010-03-18 09:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Seraph.Dreakon said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

o.o

Yes, that is alot easier in XI thankfully. My divorce irl was a drawn out, overly complicated mess. If I were to compare a real divorce to anything in FFXI it would be like Einherjar. She is Odin and all the mobs are her friends and family that have always secretly hated you. Except you aren't allowed to hit them, and if you do, you get warped to jail. And you can't do anything but sit there and watch everything fail and fall apart. And when the time limit is over, all of your ***is gone. And instead of a merciful time limit of 30 minutes, it takes 2 years. And then Odin becomes a man hating alcoholic lesbian. Not the fake lesbians you see online that are hot. The kind that cut there hair in a fauxhawk, gain 70 lbs and smell like BO and cheap booze. Yeah, that all sounds about right.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13