People who freak out about being checked
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-04-19 03:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I knew someone that was so paranoid about this that they went to the extent of never wearing gear in town at all. He'd show up to LS events butt *** naked and always yelled at people who checked him. I mean always. Eventually he would lighten up but if he didn't know you it was pretty epic.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-19 08:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a guy in LS (Mitsirugi) that would check you 5-6 times per event lol, was pretty funny when everyone started checking him the same amount at the same time and he'd blink like a christmas tree.
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2010-04-19 09:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
If you're on Odin, I highly recommend checking Florey. That is all.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-19 09:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I also don’t get why it’s considered as being rude when you examine others. I’m not really keen on checking others, cause I usually give a ***about other player’s stuff. I tend to examine ppl who mess up or play really shitty, in an exp party e.g. ... just out of curiousity.

As for myself I dont mind being examined at all. Whenever I’m drunk I put up weird Bazaar comments (out of song lyrics usually...) and forget about that the next day. Then I get tells from random ppl like “Oh yea baby lick my lolipop” or “Rawr you can take me home and we can play” and I’m like “wtf is wrong with you ?!” ---> “just read your bazaar comment :< “ ... that happens when I listen to Hip Hop & Dancehall when I’m drunk D: D: D:
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-04-19 09:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
I also don’t get why it’s considered as being rude when you examine others. I’m not really keen on checking others, cause I usually give a ***about other player’s stuff. I tend to examine ppl who mess up or play really shitty, in an exp party e.g. ... just out of curiousity.

As for myself I dont mind being examined at all. Whenever I’m drunk I put up weird Bazaar comments (out of song lyrics usually...) and forget about that the next day. Then I get tells from random ppl like “Oh yea baby lick my lolipop” or “Rawr you can take me home and we can play” and I’m like “wtf is wrong with you ?!” ---> “just read your bazaar comment :< “ ... that happens when I listen to Hip Hop & Dancehall when I’m drunk D: D: D:

I do believe it is because of how it's translated into Japanese. Instead of: "PlayerX examines you." it's like: "PlayerX eyes you up and down."
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-19 10:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, I read the whole thread. But still... why would you care? It's just a game and its just about your gear. I know JPs always have to act proud and blah~ but as I (and many others) already said: It's a game! No need to get emo over it.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-19 10:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they're afraid that if you check them you will see how bad their gear is and then mock them for it.
 Sylph.Spency
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-19 10:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Maybe they're afraid that if you check them you will see how bad their gear is and then mock them for it.

I just turned off the "check notice" thingy ~
By tingletaru 2010-04-19 11:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:

I totally agree with you here. The only time I check people is if they are wearing something amazing (which I compliment them for!), if I'm comparing how to gear myself on the job I'm playing (I'll most likely ask them questions, if it's just town gear, if they tp in it, etc), or if they are performing poorly in a party like you described. I don't judge on gear before a party starts, but if they are performing poorly I'd like to see if their gear has anything to do with it. Oh, and I'll also examine someone if they keep examining me, or just explain that I'm still in the same gear as a few seconds ago hehe. Usually I just do an emote to people who examine me ~1 time, which is usually /blush or /wave. I like to wave to people ^_^

Also, I love putting random messages into my bazaar and forgetting about them D: So confusing, but it's my own fault hehe
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-04-19 12:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had people quack at me because of my "Quack, damn you. 0.0" bazaar message lol
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-04-19 12:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ixe said:
If someone checks me I /bite them!!! My bazaar comment is fair warning :D

Noted.
[+]
 Asura.Miseko
Server: Asura
user: Miseko
By Asura.Miseko 2010-04-19 12:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh.. I dont think I've ever had a rude comment after a /check. Usually people just pull my tail due to my bazaar comment.
 Kujata.Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-19 13:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

I just turned off the "check notice" thingy ~

But that would actually make sense if they did that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Hanabira
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2010-04-19 13:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

sometimes when someone blinks me, i'll spam /em examines you.

one time for fun i /em'd that once at the AH.. i got spam examined back, was funny because like 6 people blinked
 Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter 2010-04-19 13:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is that no amount of arguing from either side will ever change things. Seriously, what is the point of even worrying about it?

Just play the game, and don't worry about how certain players react to you examining them. If they assault you for examining them, there's always the /blist function. Or you can just simply enjoy their malcontent. I know I would, haha.

[+]
 Bahamut.Ashbringer
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Ashbringer 2010-04-19 14:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I check to see new gear and items, that might share a model with old ones for example. Then I wiki the item, and work towards getting it if its something I want.

I use Blinkmenot and I don't care if people check me. It's an MMo, the ultimate goal is to afk in the main city wearing the ultimate items while you create an account for the next MMo.
 Cerberus.Carinde
Server: Cerberus
user: Jacinda
By Cerberus.Carinde 2010-04-19 15:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure I'll catch some flame for this, but whatever. I've never liked being checked, and I ask people if they mind me looking at their gear out of courtesy.

I don't find it rude, or anything like that. It just gets to me. Maybe it's because I'm self-conscious after reading so many forum posts about having X item or "GTFO". Yes, one can argue that skill makes the player and gear only helps, but first impressions and assumptions go a long way.

I used to blink a lot when people checked me, and I have since calmed down. I would even go as far as buying Lv1 RSE and walking around with that, or completely remove all gear until I needed it. I know someone in my LS who doesn't say a word but always runs up, checks me, then runs off. Some days I just want to blow up and tell her to go away, but that's a bit much.

Sure, everyone says it's just a videogame, but look at how people are acting here (the checkers and the "checkee"). We are treating this as much more than just a game, despite what anyone says.
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-19 15:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually check people to have something to look at while I'm running around

[+]
 Asura.Citag
Server: Asura
user: Citag
By Asura.Citag 2010-04-19 15:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Spency said:
I usually check people to have something to look at while I'm running around
 Sylph.Spency
By Sylph.Spency 2010-04-19 15:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I also apologize when I lag out and check multiple times or just do it by accident

Having said that, if the person gets their panties in a bunch over it, I'm sure as hell gonna spam check them
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tisiphone
Server: Lakshmi
user: tisiphone
By Lakshmi.Tisiphone 2010-04-20 13:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually get a bit annoyed when someone at events checks me multiple times for no particular reason, it's like "Dude seriously, haven't changed gear since you last checked me and the time before that."

I find it more distracting as well, since I have a tiny attention span, someone checking me normally makes me forgot what I was doing/going -.-
 Odin.Akhilleus
user: akhilleus
By Odin.Akhilleus 2010-04-20 14:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I like it when people check me and I enjoy seeing other peoples gear, never know, might see some piece of gear you never seen before.

Alot of japanese find it disrespectful but they live in a shame society, so they get embaressed easily, If somebody gets peeeeed with me for checking them, then they need to go out and experience what sunshine is, after all, its just a video game.

JUST GET OVER IT YEAH LOL...
[+]
By Thandar 2010-04-20 14:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 Ext, most fun ever.
 Kujata.Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-20 18:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tisiphone said:

I find it more distracting as well, since I have a tiny attention span, someone checking me normally makes me forgot what I was doing/going -.-

Just turn them off then.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-21 01:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I never mind if people check me. I ask them if I am missing something or could use something better than I have on when they do.And if someone is wearing something really cool looking, hell ya I look. I am always looking for advice from seasoned players.
By Aiisriinn 2010-04-21 01:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i always tell them to do it again.. or tell them to take a picture because it will last longer...

I found a guy once that would change equips everytime i checked him.. so i did a /em examines you. macro and kept doing it... it drove him crazy lol
[+]
 Odin.Kviton
user: Kviton
By Odin.Kviton 2010-04-21 01:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Aiisriinn said:
i always tell them to do it again.. or tell them to take a picture because it will last longer...

I found a guy once that would change equips everytime i checked him.. so i did a /em examines you. macro and kept doing it... it drove him crazy lol

Totally something that I would do.. I like your style lol
[+]
By Aiisriinn 2010-04-21 01:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks lol
 Odin.Moondaddy
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-04-21 02:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
I have 'Roses are red, violets are blues, all my heart are belong to Rues' in my bazaar comment at the moment. Rues and I are not married in game, we are married in rl. If you don't like it, I frankly don't give a flying rat's ***. But try not to assume that every single person with a mushy-gushy love note in their comment is in an e-relationship, k?

Edit: I do agree with you to an extent, though, I hate it when couples are all lovey-dovey gross in-game or have huge flowery heart obsessed bazaar comments. PDA is gross ._. Sometimes Rues and I will /dance1 or /grin at each other, and that's as far as that goes. I used to be in a dyna ls with a couple who would /emote kiss and /cuddle during dyna, and I wanted to kill them both. Get a room!

OH! And I like to change my bazaar comment up every once in awhile, so if you have any suggestions for what to put in it, tell me! If I like it, I'll put it up and put you as the 'author.'

MD is the pimpest drg ever ^^ i wanna see that in your bazar comment tomarrow lol.
[+]
 Siren.Ceracyst
Server: Siren
user: Ceracyst
By Siren.Ceracyst 2010-04-26 16:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I have it filtered. I never know if people are examining me or not.

It wouldn't bother me if they did anyway. I only have it filtered because I think feel it unnecessary to see in my chatbox.

I think it's funny that people have specific macros to stop people from examining them though.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13