Gallimaufry As A Global Currency.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Gallimaufry as a global currency.
Gallimaufry as a global currency.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-08 14:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
while others less so. We've been asking for 3 years for moglophones to stack to 3 so we can store runs like omen.
A beyond valid request. The "hardware issues" or "congestion" whatever other excuse is the biggest load of ***. The instances have queue lines and people will quickly learn what the heavy traffic times are and work around it. Its not gonna all of a sudden be congested 24/7 because people can do 3 runs back to back.

To the Asurans, Odinites and Bahamuters: Whens the last time you were actually stuck in a queue line for Omen?

don't enjoy the event
Atleast 50% of sortie is just running around purple tunnels, very very long runs too. Its boring.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-01-08 15:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Atleast 50% of sortie is just running around purple tunnels, very very long runs too. Its boring.

Well... They developed weapons based on 6-month/man grind that requires optimal settings over 1hr x 200 times that can only be done daily - shoveling them in at the end of the game's development with nothing to use those weapons on. Force your player base to deal with a 100k cap only to remove it as a last-ditch effort to create a grind. Make them borderline better in some instances while completely missing the mark on most of them.

Who were they making this content for? Wasn't for me. But they sure as hell kept us in the dark for 3 years regarding any of their plans.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
Server: Asura
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-01-08 15:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
To the Asurans, Odinites and Bahamuters: Whens the last time you were actually stuck in a queue line for Omen?

Queue times for Oddy are down to almost nothing even at peak play times. The most we get is a couple pages when it gets busy. Omen only experiences waits during job card campaigns, and even that isn't to bad anymore. Years ago omen card campaigns generated 30-50 page waits. The laat one was half a dozen when I went. Maybe I just got lucky, but congestion for these things are way down. Even ambuscade doesn't take long to get into anymore. Congestion is only ever a problem when an event is new. Once it's been out for a couple years lines are never a problem even on Asura.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-01-08 15:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't matter what it looks like now. If you give more reason to go, then more go. (*** duh, right?)

You will cause the congestion.

Sometimes its wild how the easiest concepts are still too complex for some of you.
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2024-01-08 15:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How many people have every mythic? Every empyrean? Every Aeonic?

Relics: 16/16
Empys: 8/16
Mythics/Ergon: 8/22
Aeonics:12/16

Actively working on Kannagi now for 9th Empy weapon. I do plan on eventually doing them all. I think you could realistically average 1 Empy or Mythic a month casually (beitetsu prices been crazy on Asura lately though), with Aeonics taking a couple days each if you can stomach the DI grinding. The Geas Fete climb is a joke these days. Let's say 2 months to finish 4 Aeonics.

That puts me at 24 months to finish 24 REMAs, which I'm far more inclined to do than even make 2 Primes. I know old relics were gated behind dyna currency and it was mathed out to be 2 years for full a fully upgrade relic if you didn't supplement buying currency, but still.

I play 10 jobs at a very high level, each with multiple if not all available REMAs. I'm not saying Primes should be able to be smashed out in a month, but I would've liked to try more than 1 of them.

As they said in the JP forums, "Don't they (SE) know people have life spans?"
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-08 16:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shut the *** up Eiryl, the people who play the game are talking.

Every few months he posts about how the playerbase is quitting cause Of SEs inadequacies, and now hes saying that this change will cause more people to be inclined play and its bad.

Like just shut the *** up.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-01-08 17:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen is really only bad during card campaigns, we got stuck in around a 8-10 page wait during peak hours on the last few days of the last campaign and the queue was around 20min or so. Prior to that wait, it was maybe 1-2 pages the rest of the month and we got in pretty quick.

Odyssey was getting really bad prior to Sortie, like 30+ page waits at peak times, to the point we'd go queue up and just bail because we didn't want to wait. Post Sortie, I think it got bad around v25 briefly, but has rarely been more than a few minutes since.

Sortie was bad at release of course, but they more or less admitted that was a problem and "fixed" it. It was bad off and on during major sequences later, like after +3 and the basement, but I haven't waited in a queue for Sortie in the last month since I started going again and we usually play during peak times.

Ambu had a bit of a line at times during Vanabout in the morning, I think the most I saw was 15-20 pages and it was all near the end on one day (I commented somewhere on the forum day of).

More than you asked for, but point is that queue times aren't awful on Asura unless some kind of campaign or new content is involved. Even then they are manageable if you are just doing one or two runs, less so if you plan on doing back to back RP farms though.

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
if you had GM powers for a day and poofed all 16 prime weapons in your inventory, gave yourself ML50, and R30'd all the odyssey gear? There'd be nothing left to do...

I largely agree with this, but there's a huge gap between "I want it now" and "it takes a static doing the same thing every night for 6-8 months".

I don't mind that it takes on the order of months to finish, I actually think the numbers for phase 4 are somewhat reasonable, a month and a half at 50k/run really isn't out of reach and phase 4 rewards you with usefulness outside of Sortie.

What I'd like to see is phase 3 reduced to encourage experimentation and phase 5 made more difficult with less time commitment overall. The reasoning for stage 3 is largely to break up the monotony and open up new and possibly more interesting strategies for doing Sortie without a major commitment. Yes 1m galli isn't a huge commitment (less than a month if you do 50k/run), but if you want to try and shake it up with several weapons, it adds up at the cost of finishing one to be useful outside of Sortie and I think it has the potential to make Sortie more engaging.

All this keeping in mind that I'm not really a fan of Sortie, but in changing up strats and doing different things the last few weeks since I started back, my hate for it has diminished somewhat and I've found it more engaging than when we were just running mage strat all the time. I've found myself wonder what some of these would be like if we had a larger array of available stage 3s to experiment with, but not enough to commit to doing it especially when we're running 3 characters and are lower efficiency at the moment. Then again, not like there is more content coming, so I guess in the end it'll be something to do.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-08 19:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Ambu had a bit of a line at times during Vanabout in the morning,
I'll add the Omen and Sortie quotes to the record, but I motion that VanaBout be stricken from the record. VanaBout's goals were catered to soloists and they were designed to create congestion by keeping people with in the instance longer than necessary to meet the goals.
[+]
By Meeble 2024-01-08 19:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The grind to build a prime weapon is more open ended and I think it's less of an issue. People complain about the grind because they either don't have a static, don't want to do the content, or just don't enjoy the event.

I had a twice-weekly Sortie static, before primes. None of us wanted to turn it into a part-time job. It's 2023; If we'd wanted a 75 era grind we wouldn't have been playing retail in the first place.

It is what it is, but it still astonishes me that SE fumbled such an easy W so badly that a large portion of the player base either quit or ignores it entirely.
[+]
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2024-01-09 07:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Who were they making this content for? Wasn't for me. But they sure as hell kept us in the dark for 3 years regarding any of their plans.

I couldn't agree with you anymore if I tried. I have no idea who this appeals to.

I thought Aeonics were annoying, but at least you can do that whenever but yeah.. hands down most disappointing anniversary and content. I wish I could do more Sortie, but honestly within 15/30 minutes I want to log out. I did a run last weekend and even the Tank was losing interest.
[+]
By Raytheon 2024-01-09 09:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
I couldn't agree with you anymore if I tried. I have no idea who this appeals to.

Same. Only doing it because my LS has a group and we go most nights, but I feel like I'm doing it more out of spite than anything else. That and Prime weapon FOMO. It's definitely not because it's fun, or because I have any illusions that I'm farming a max roll +2 earring for a job I actually care about.

Also, what's up @Oldmancebi, I remember you from Seraph. Good to see you still kicking around.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-09 09:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Requiring bolters roll to be reapplied over and over is a testament to just how much pointless running there is.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-09 09:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had to guess, I think they underestimated how much people would be accomplishing in a single run. I'll bet they thought groups would run A/B/E/F one run, then C/D/G/H the next run, then Aminon only the run after. I don't think they ever imagined a group running around the entire zone, accomplishing all objectives in a single run.

The other problem is they didn't have/want to spend the resources on creating a new zone for this, so they just recycled an existing zone. They probably should have either picked a smaller zone or put the mobs closer to each other/utilized more teleporters to make things more efficient.

The actual content itself is really interesting, IMO. It's a sandbox where you can plan a route, has some variety with the random teleporters & mini boss locations. I enjoy figuring out our group's route on-the-fly depending how much time we have left, which mini-bosses we've found, where the bitzers are, whether or not we got songs dispelled, etc. It has things you can do with lower gear/fewer players but also lots of ways to increase your gains as you improve your gear, knowledge, coordination, strategy, etc.

I think they could've made adjustments to the way you accessed the upstairs bosses especially and with enough compression of the running, it could've been lowered to a 30 minute event instead of an hour. It's definitely not perfect and I think many of the complaints are valid, but I also think if you compare it to a lot of other MMO content (including FFXI), it's much more interesting.
[+]
By Taint 2024-01-09 09:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding 4 more Teleports upstairs at each boss would go a long ways towards making the event more tolerable.

The objectives are fine, the bosses are fine, the roaming NMs are fine. Running from A boss to B boss to C boss to D boss is just a time sink with zero purpose.
[+]
By Felgarr 2024-01-09 12:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Adding 4 more Teleports upstairs at each boss would go a long ways towards making the event more tolerable.

The objectives are fine, the bosses are fine, the roaming NMs are fine. Running from A boss to B boss to C boss to D boss is just a time sink with zero purpose.

I suspect that kept the running from A->B (etc) as a way to prevent servers from overloading. A great way to test this would be to have all 6 party members warp/fight->A-boss, warp/fight->B-boss immediately and see what shenanigans ensure.

I have never done such a thing, but on occasion I have seen a boss room appear empty. No reason or explanation as to why, other than spaghetti code?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-09 12:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard that the boss arena is shared amongst all the bosses and on at least one occurrence had one of my party members leave all-seeing eye on and they saw a dead boss in the arena while fighting a second boss.

I don't think you can have multiple party members enter multiple different boss fights (not that you should ever want to).

Not sure how/if this applies to killing bosses in quick succession, like if the server needs some time to "clean up" the zone to be prepared to spawn the next boss. I wouldn't think it would, but I know exactly nothing about the way this game runs on the back end.

I don't think they did this for server or loading reasons, I think they did it for theming reasons, to make the zones/bosses feel more unique and separate from each other. I also think it was a poorly-thought out decision and would've benefitted from some play-testing/feedback from the community, but I don't think this game has ever been the one to listen to the community unless something is totally non-functional, and even then it sometimes takes years.
By Seun 2024-01-09 12:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clintbeastwood said: »
As they said in the JP forums, "Don't they (SE) know people have life spans?"

They think you're playing the game when you bot ML. They think those are real people running ambuscade, not your mules. Why are people acting surprised that they set the bar so high?
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2024-01-09 12:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Requiring bolters roll to be reapplied over and over is a testament to just how much pointless running there is.

This is the one thing about Sortie that annoys me the most. It literally means you need to have COR at all times. It’s the most meta job but c’mon you spend most of the instance running as opposed to doing other questionably entertaining things.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-09 12:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Splendid said: »

This is the one thing about Sortie that annoys me the most. It literally means you need to have COR at all times. It’s the most meta job but c’mon you spend most of the instance running as opposed to doing other questionably entertaining things.

I mean, you don't have to have COR for bolter's roll specifically...BRD has Mazurka (as long as you stop to apply a new song before fighting), SMN has Fleet Wind, DNC has Chocobo Jig II. These won't put you at 60% move speed, but fast enough to get around and really won't affect your farm rate much, if at all.

The reason COR is essential is because their buffs are really strong, they can do decent damage, and they have WC/CC. Bolter's roll is like...the 5th best reason to bring a COR.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-01-09 13:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Except cor buffs >>>> smn and dnc buffs
Those movement speed buffs you listed are nowhere near bolters roll

So youre nerfing yourself multiple ways by using smn or dnc over cor

When 50% of the event is runnin around, movement speed is key and every second traversing is hurting the hour long dps count.
[+]
 Sylph.Elwynbelwyn
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Elwynbelwyn 2024-01-10 06:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They should enable mounts in Sortie, that would fix it!
[+]