Experimental Fluid (peach)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Experimental Fluid (peach)
Experimental Fluid (peach)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Elizabetha
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Elizabetha 2023-11-12 20:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, so I've been extremely lucky and have now got 2 meat drops, traded in for my adamantite armor the first time, now the second i got this...

I used it, gave me 10100 exemplar points and dropped me 50% of my hp.

So from doing the fights every day, you get for a full party of 6, 60k exemplar points for the whole fight, and if you get the first meat, that's the adamantite armor. The second and beyond it seems you get another 10k exemplar points, so you can in theory get 70k exemplar from that fight alone.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-12 20:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Its theorized it will turn you into the baby lynx added this patch.
By Taint 2023-11-12 20:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

use it for science....
[+]
 Asura.Murdokk
user: Murdock
By Asura.Murdokk 2023-11-12 20:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Use it and find out?
[+]
 Asura.Elizabetha
By Asura.Elizabetha 2023-11-12 20:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't wanna xD, maybe if i get a 3rd...
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-11-12 20:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It has no value and is detrimental to hold. So what're you waiting for.

Per the edit; pretty disappointing. better than a costume. (Just like the armor)

It's also "experimental" so it might have more than one but similar effects
 Asura.Elizabetha
By Asura.Elizabetha 2023-11-12 20:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I used it, edited first post
[+]
By Pantafernando 2023-11-13 01:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch out for the side effects

Maybe you will turn into a mindless titan
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-11-13 02:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Watch out for the side effects

Maybe you will turn into a mindless titan

I was hoping to see this guy running around.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-11-13 10:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This item should have been exclusive only and not rare. Players would have been able to stockpile these and decide to use them on one particular job. Also would have allowed players to get multiples in one fight (rare tag voids that), which would encourage players to do it daily even after they got their body. 60k-120k* potential EP daily would have been a pretty amazing daily that wouldn't take a ton of your time, but the engagement would be there for sure.

Still a cool addition but a missed opportunity imo
[+]
 Ragnarok.Liteholt
Server: Ragnarok
user: Liteholt
By Ragnarok.Liteholt 2023-11-13 10:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This item should have been exclusive only and not rare. Players would have been able to stockpile these and decide to use them on one particular job. Also would have allowed players to get multiples in one fight (rare tag voids that), which would encourage players to do it daily even after they got their body. 60k-120k* potential EP daily would have been a pretty amazing daily that wouldn't take a ton of your time, but the engagement would be there for sure.

If I'm reading the OP right, the fluid comes from trading a meat, it's not a direct drop from the fight. So you can stockpile meats, trade them in and use the bottles one by one on whatever job you need them on.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-13 10:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Liteholt said: »
If I'm reading the OP right, the fluid comes from trading a meat, it's not a direct drop from the fight. So you can stockpile meats, trade them in and use the bottles one by one on whatever job you need them on.

Meat is R/E
By Pantafernando 2023-11-14 02:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Its still in the experimental stage though.

Maybe the final product will address those needs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-11-14 02:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno man.

In general I agree it's a missed opportunity and I hope they'll refine their model in future implementations of this thing (supposing there will be) but I don't agree specifically for the EP part.

We all know EP atm doesn't work and it's wrong, but this additional event can't possibly be their way to "fix" a larger problem.
EP from this battlefield is meant to be a nice bonus, an icing on the cake. If it became the main purpose of this content then that would'been the signal that something is wrong.

Even though they made it pretty clear they don't want to acknowledge issues in their EP/ML model for now, I think they will eventually be forced to. It's just that this battlefield can't be the core of their acknowledgement of the issue, imho. It was never meant to be and, as such, I don't think it's logical for us to whine about this specifically.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-11-28 21:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see this anywhere, but the experimental fluid was not usable on a unmastered job.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-11-30 21:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess there's some randomization to the amount you get, or it's based on ML.

My group is currently 3/756.
By zixxer 2023-12-09 02:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Got 13800 EP. ML 40 WHM.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-12-09 10:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wtf? Corsair's roll? lol
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-12-11 21:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my 3rd Guimaeve meat today. And I'm still the only one in our group that has got one at all.

Got 13,200 exemplar points from the Experimental Fluid(second one I've used) on ML41 PLD.

I also tried using it at very low HP to see if it would kill me, but the damage appears to be based on a % of current HP, not max. XD
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2023-12-11 22:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Try using it after Self Destruct/Final Sting brings you down to 1HP. 4shiggles.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-12 00:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I got my 3rd Guimaeve meat today. And I'm still the only one in our group that has got one at all.
In my static we're all 0/15 but a guy is 12/15
I don't even know what to say about it lol

It's ironic because he's the only one who's coming on a ML50 job.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-12-12 00:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

0/90 and 12/90 unless you've only gone a couple times with less than 6 people but yeah that's still nuts
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-12-12 01:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

He only got one single meat from 12 separate fights.
We've entered the BC together 15 times.
But yeah, there were always 6 of us each time so you can easily multiply that for 6.

I dunno what to say, the RNG got stuck on him for some reason lmao

For who's wondering why he's coming on a ML50 job, it's because he wants to cap the EP on that job /shrug
By Felgarr 2023-12-12 09:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why people aren't automatically bringing a THF to this.

I've seen 5 drop from 4 consecutive runs with TH9-10.

If I had to guess, the meat fits into SE's category for Super Rare drops.
By Taint 2023-12-12 11:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

We've been tagging them with TH4. We've seen 3 drops in a dozen runs.

Going to try a THF main tonight.
By Felgarr 2023-12-12 22:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Felgarr said: »

We've been tagging them with TH4. We've seen 3 drops in a dozen runs.

Going to try a THF main tonight.

Another observation: Mobs stay red the entire fight once claimed. As a result, the loss of TH when a mob goes yellow/unclaimed isn't a thing here. This leads me to believe that proc'ing TH is also incentivized by the fact that one/all flan(s) can be tagged/AOE'ed and remain TH proc'ed for the whole fight. Of course, if it is not intentionally an incentivization for us, it's certainly a nice-to-have feature if TH works as I expect. For the naysayers, you can call it "a happy accident", or "a lucky coincidence" or "SE's mistake" . Pick your poison.
By Dubaiii 2023-12-12 22:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So is it Confirmed that TH works for this Fight and work for on personal drops?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-12-12 22:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We've got hundreds of samples going around both with and without TH, and right now TH appears to have 0 effect on drop rate. These are personal drops, which historically haven't been affected by TH in any provable or measurable way. This is a particularly easy fight to gather data for since you get 36 samples every time you bring in a full group.

Closest thing was Voidwatch, and that didn't directly increase drop rates so much as it gave you a paltry amount of light bonus.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-12-12 22:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the same as incursion coffers, which TH works on. The difference between 4 and ~10 is insignificant regardless on a ultramegasuper .10% drop item.

TH0 to TH4 is 4x but TH4 to ~TH10 is only 2x
By Felgarr 2023-12-12 22:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
We've got hundreds of samples going around both with and without TH, and right now TH appears to have 0 effect on drop rate. These are personal drops, which historically haven't been affected by TH in any provable or measurable way. This is a particularly easy fight to gather data for since you get 36 samples every time you bring in a full group.

Closest thing was Voidwatch, and that didn't directly increase drop rates so much as it gave you a paltry amount of light bonus.

You can't just say blanket statements like this, because personal-loot systems are direct drops from the mob being fought, with or without TH proc'ed. The fact that the items do not drop directly into a treasure pool doesn't mean they are unaffected by TH.

My anecdotal experience is that TH affects personal drop systems like Incursion and Macrocosmic Orb campaigns (100 pieces, metals and other very rare, per-mob loot).

Having said that, take a look at the TH tables: https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Treasure_Hunter

I personally think that meat drops are either Very Rare or Super Rare:

Very Rare:
TH0: 1% drop rate
TH4: 2.5% drop rate
TH9: 5.5% drop rate

Super Rare:
TH0: 0.5% drop rate
TH4: 1.4% drop rate
TH9: 2.6% drop rate
First Page 2 3 4 5