Random Politics & Religion #27

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #27
Random Politics & Religion #27
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 50 51 52
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-24 07:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Killary lost, Zero. Get over it and accept Trump as your new lord and savior. Hurr-hurr...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-24 09:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Also, Killary lost, Zero. Get over it and accept Trump as your new lord and savior. Hurr-hurr...

Jesus Trump amidoinitrite?

[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-25 09:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Seems the Charlottesville Nazi rally got them the opposite reaction of what they wanted. The statue of Robert E. Lee was taken down last night.

That's strange. I just read a story where they put a new tarp on it this morning. Someone will have to point out where in the Weekly World News you got your information.
[+]
By eliroo 2017-08-25 10:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Better not remove statues that were raised in the 1920s to show white supremacy. How terrible that would be.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-25 11:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Better not remove statues that were raised in the 1920s to show white supremacy. How terrible that would be.

Yeah, let's just boil down a very complex and nuanced situation into a one-off statement that's not entirely true and barely addresses the actual problem.

Gosh, why are people getting so worked up over inanimate metal objects?
[+]
By Nausi 2017-08-25 12:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Jefferson statue defaced at his alma mata.

Trump proven right once again! When will liberals denounce this lunacy?
By Nausi 2017-08-25 12:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Its getting awfully hard for the left to argue they dont hate the country.

And by left I mean people who voted for Hillary. A response of silence to this disorder is quicjly becoming an outright endorsement.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-25 14:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Symbols of white supremacy are hardly complex or nuanced.
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-08-25 15:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What about all the monuments, roads and everything names after Robert Byrd? They should go to but the left defends those monuments that they agree with.

You find me a better symbol of white supremacy anywhere.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-25 15:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Former KKK leader who later renounced his bigotry and spent the later part of his career backing civil rights measures? If they all did that then white supremacy wouldn't be a problem.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-25 22:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Symbols of white supremacy are hardly complex or nuanced.

A lack of critical thinking skills and a biased, narrow view of reality doesn't make a complex situation simple just because you want it to be.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-25 22:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Describing this as complex (whatever that means) doesn't make it so. Even if you remove the racial context of the statue being erected during s time when racial segregation was the goal in the south, it's still a monument to a traitor against the country as t stands today. And it's something people are fighting for. Such complexity much nuance.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-25 22:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Trump's pardon of known racial profiler Joe Arpaio should go a long way in repairing his image as a racist sympathizer.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-25 22:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Describing this as complex (whatever that means) doesn't make it so. Even if you remove the racial context of the statue being erected during s time when racial segregation was the goal in the south, it's still a monument to a traitor against the country as t stands today. And it's something people are fighting for. Such complexity much nuance.

Oh hey, you're actually sort of trying now. But remember your defense of Robert Byrd? How he was a repentant racist and that makes everything okay?

Quote:
So far from engaging in a war to perpetuate slavery, I am rejoiced that slavery is abolished. I believe it will be greatly for the interests of the south. So fully am I satisfied of this, as regards Virginia especially, that I would cheerfully have lost all I have lost by the war, and have suffered all I have suffered, to have this object attained.

-Robert E. Lee

Oh.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-26 00:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you weren't more interested in self fellating clapbacks instead of actual discussion you might be the only one here worth fully engaging. I can't say I've ever heard Lee described as racist in much the same way as Byrd. Maybe he, maybe he wasn't. Still remains he went to war against the US. But that's the sole argument only if you remove the racial context, which is ridiculous to do in the first place.
By Nausi 2017-08-26 00:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The connection of the time the statue was erected to the self supplied stated goal (supplied by yourself) of racial supremacy is a logical fallacy.

Just because a bunch of idiots cannot see any other symbolism aside from a monument to a traitor, does not mean the statue was erected for such reason. This is yet another logical fallacy.

I mean the aggressive assertions that are made on behalf of the left are just another example of their intolerance. Most of them it would seem are simply incapable of coping with concepts outside their comfort zone.

These are the people that are suppose to be our intellectual betters?

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-08-26 08:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Trump's pardon of known racial profiler Joe Arpaio should go a long way in repairing his image as a racist sympathizer.

Arpaio did insist the resulting actions weren't intentional, but iven that he's already convicted of thought crimes by the left, they threw him in contempt anyways. Even 85 year old seniors aren't safe from the left's PC witch hunt!

Good for Trump.
By Nausi 2017-08-26 08:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
All the ***going on right now: North Korea launching three missiles yesterday, Hurricane Harvey smashing into Texas, and what does the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE two year old yam worry about? Pardoning one of his Ku Klux Klansmen buddy ex-sheriffs, during a time when racial tensions are high and people are questioning his mental fitness for office. Not worrying about Texas during a natural disaster, not worrying about North Korea, a *** Ku Klux Klansman who had LOST HIS OFFICE DURING THE LAST ELECTION.

I imagine you go to bed every night like a 6 year old on Christmas eve, only to perpetually find out it's the first day of school again in the morning.

I think that's actually one of the levels in Dante's hell.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-08-26 08:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite reaction is that Trump is "defying the law" or otherwise "lawless".

I guess pardons are only allowed for black presidents?
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-08-26 09:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet you were fine with Manning being pardoned. He was a traitor to his country and sold out many people via his leaks. But i Guess that was ok.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-26 09:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I never knew that Robert E Lee fought in the civil war to free the south from Jews.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-26 10:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

P&R is basically Sarcasm Olympics: U.S. Politics Edition.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-08-26 10:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I never knew that Robert E Lee fought in the civil war to free the south from Jews.
Show me on the doll where the statue hurt you.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-26 10:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

And you two are the top contenders for gold.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2017-08-26 16:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Slore said: »
Yet you were fine with Manning being pardoned. He was a traitor to his country and sold out many people via his leaks. But i Guess that was ok.
Manning had her sentence commuted, not given a pardon. There is a difference.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 50 51 52