Forum » FFXI » General » August login
August login
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-08 12:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Remember when people said "if more people bought wardrobes that would be more money for resources which they will turn back into the game"? What a crock of ***that logic turned out to be.

Feels bad for renting wardrobes.
Feels worse for wanting more wardrobes.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-08 12:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The Omen Card campaign was just about the only reason I logged on
I got the most out of that campaign, missed only a couple of tags.
Spoiling us with that month of Omen campaign, makes me feel even worse now that we're back to the usual 2-3 cards per run.
I haven't been this depressed/frustrated in game for a long time :(

Quote:
Seriously, what was the last biggest update?
I would say Omen (november 2016?) was the last "big" update.
The Ou patch and Ambu+2 patch were nice but I wouldn't call them "big".
Granted they might seem "big" to the nothingness we're getting otherwise, and that tells a lot about how much we're getting.

Still, I suggest we all go re-read the posts we were writing when RoV came out and we all assumed -rightfully so- that FFXI wouldn't have seen ANY OTHER FORM OF CONTENT, except for quality of life stuff and bugs-patches.
They even scared us with that translator guy who asked for "errors in the translations" hinting that after he was done, no fix would have ever been performed after.

Seeing from that point of view, from the eyes we had in those days, the amount of stuff we got over the past 1,5 years looks a bit less bad I guess?
But alas it's still bad...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-08 12:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Remember when people said "if more people bought wardrobes that would be more money for resources which they will turn back into the game"? What a crock of ***that logic turned out to be.

I literally just said this.

"I been paying for these wardrobes for months, why don't we have 10!"
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2017-08-08 13:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing the door is open to do Relic+3 and Empy+3, but with SE it's all about prolonging the existing content as long as possible.

Is it safe to assume that each player at this point should have at least 1 job at 5/5? Maybe, maybe not, but I don't think Omen will be done for a while to come.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-08 13:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Spoiling us with that month of Omen campaign, makes me feel even worse now that we're back to the usual 2-3 cards per run.

Quote:
Granted they might seem "big" to the nothingness we're getting otherwise, and that tells a lot about how much we're getting.

Still, I suggest we all go re-read the posts we were writing when RoV came out and we all assumed -rightfully so- that FFXI wouldn't have seen ANY OTHER FORM OF CONTENT, except for quality of life stuff and bugs-patches.
They even scared us with that translator guy who asked for "errors in the translations" hinting that after he was done, no fix would have ever been performed after.

Seeing from that point of view, from the eyes we had in those days, the amount of stuff we got over the past 1,5 years looks a bit less bad I guess?

Very depressed with omen cards now. I have like 100k gil (after +3ing everything last month), and I just let my canteens pile up and overlap. I have 3 right now that I have no interest in using. Why both, Ou only ever drops the damn earring and Gem anyways. So sad.

And yes, I get the fact that technically we were not supposed to get anything after ROV ended... But then they flirted more content and updates so what are we to expect? They tell us basically they are 'done', and then come back a few months later like 'oh did we say that? we meant we're 'done' with expansions'. I just don't know what to think anymore.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-08-08 13:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I do understand they lack resources and they were not even supposed to release new content before Omen/ambu+2 came out so I appreciate that but what frustrates me is the poor implementation we see in the last months. Omen is hard with 6 people? let's have 18 enter and don't touch HP scaling at all (I'm probably the only person who complains when events gets too easy but I like the feeling of achievement over the grind for gear). MNK sucks? let's give them a sneak attack for big numbers that won't still make them competitive. Just need to update 1 programming flag to have ambu armor switch? Nah, that's too much effort.

Even with half a guy leading/being the dev team, all of the points above could be handled better
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-08 13:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I might be in the minority, but I feel like Omen bosses get harder with more than 6 people, and I don't mean that from a boss-stat scaling persepective. More people to heal, more tp feed, less people wearing DT sets (seriously, master AG sam's eating 2500 interferences), more raises to go around in case of wipe/downtime, more party switching for buffs.

Just an auxiliary point, I just don't think it got "easier". But if you have the right jobs/people, yes its a cake walk.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-08 13:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
Many of the staff (the two that exists) usually go on holidays this time of year.

We are lucky to have anything at all. Those of you who can't handle this concept should unsubscribe. Or subscribe to FFXI forums and channel the bitching there. FFXIAH.com is really a waste of focus of energy for change to occur..

If you know Japanese you can create a JP client and help channel the complaints even better. They listen to JP more than English/NA.
Good point
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-08-08 13:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I might be in the minority, but I feel like Omen bosses get harder with more than 6 people, and I don't mean that from a boss-stat scaling persepective. More people to heal, more tp feed, less people wearing DT sets (seriously, master AG sam's eating 2500 interferences), more raises to go around in case of wipe/downtime, more party switching for buffs.

Just an auxiliary point, I just don't think it got "easier". But if you have the right jobs/people, yes its a cake walk.
This is one of the reason's I've been against the strict hp scaling. The way the game mechanics are setup and well the player base is a lot of times even with the mob being exactly the same more players can actually increase the difficulty
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-08 13:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »

I have too many geared jobs so I love wardrobes:(
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-08-08 13:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »

Quote:

Facts
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-08-08 13:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

This is one of the reason's I've been against the strict hp scaling. The way the game mechanics are setup and well the player base is a lot of times even with the mob being exactly the same more players can actually increase the difficulty

It really depends how you fill the extra 12 slots, mules for Ou or a good balance of dd/support/heal will make everything much easier as long as people know what they are doing. Omen bosses spam TP moves and spells regardless so feeding TP doesn't change that much, just need decent healers.

I do agree it can become a problem if people are just WS-spamming toons that let Fu absorb all their buffs or don't position right for Kyou.
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-08 14:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen bosses definitely do not spam TP moves if you limit TP gain, and don't even seem to have any regain at all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-08 14:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There's 3 groups of people when it cones to omen.

Group 1- people who built 6 man statics when content was released. They have the best understanding of how to maximize runs and are probably on their 2nd or 3rd job.

Group 2- people who joined those statics as extras once the cap of 6 was relaxed. They are familiar with most boss mechanics, but they've always been seen by their groups as extra bodies, so strategy is simply told to group 2 people and they aren't responsible for the more complex objectives. They follow orders.

Group 3- people who still don't do omen for whatever reason. They might have tagged along with a run now and then, but they don't understand the bosses, they don't do objectives outside of healing and general weaponskills, maybe abilities. When you fill a boss run with several group 3s, things CAN get ugly real fast. They pull hate, don't have good dt sets, or can't meet accuracy requirements in the "off" party without a 4 song bard and geo.

Yes, a Fu run with a lot of group 3s is going to be infinitely harder than a6 man static who's been running since January. Hell, I've seen what happens when you combine two capable groups... people don't know instinctively who's doing objectives, or they lack the comfort of their usual whm or tank.

So many people took the uncapping of party size in omen as a free ride. It shouldn't, and can't, be that way.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-08 14:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Legendia said: »
And then there is group 4: people like me that solo and duo omen for months to get all their gear +2 for completionism and niche macros.

Considering the roe for each boss grants a scale, and 2 scales are guaranteed drops every boss... I'd be very surprised if a group on your server wouldn't let you tag along for a boss run for some scales so you can +3 that stuff... I know I'd be furious if I found out someone in my group had been asked for a favor like that and refused.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-08-08 14:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
And then there is group 4: people like me that solo and duo omen for months to get all their gear +2 for completionism and niche macros.

Considering the roe for each boss grants a scale, and 2 scales are guaranteed drops every boss... I'd be very surprised if a group on your server wouldn't let you tag along for a boss run for some scales so you can +3 that stuff... I know I'd be furious if I found out someone in my group had been asked for a favor like that and refused.

On Shiva most groups are merc'ing drops including scales so unless you are really really friend with the guy who is leading the run, you are not getting free scales
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-08 14:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »

On Shiva most groups are merc'ing drops including scales so unless you are really really friend with the guy who is leading the run, you are not getting free scales

That's just sad. They're scales people.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-08 14:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey one day I might be able to use the over 100 Gin scales I've gotten trying for stupid Ashera!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-08 14:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Omenn bosses aren't guaranteed 2 scales. its 1-2, 1 meaning the gear loaded in the other slot. Its just that 95% of the time, you're getting that second slot loaded as a scale rather than an accessory/body.

But everything else you said about the groups of players was pretty spot on.

DDs who just WS without any regard for timing and defensive sets will likely do one of the following in Omen:
Get themselves killed
Get the party killed
Heal the omen boss (skillchains and erratic ws timing heals the bosses if done during casting, or in Kin's case, tp moves).
Deplete the mages MP

^This ends up being a huge liability, especially when the monster uses Meteor > Interference.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-08 14:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »

Hey one day I might be able to use the over 100 Gin scales I've gotten trying for stupid Ashera!

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about letting players join your omen run for a free scale/midboss drop. On the one hand, if nobody needs it, then yes, you can tag along if you're going to provide some assistance on the run (objectives, kill, buffs, heals etc). On the other hand, the player themselvf isn't even appropriately geared or skilled in the content. So does me just giving this guy free gear (where he is not contributing in any way) really help him? Yes, he gets to +3 his armor, but he skipped through learning about all of the really important ***we all had to learn about. Chances are if he's asking to join its because he can't get it done himself.

I'm all for helping players, so don't misunderstand. But the players I've experienced who are the biggest liabilities are the ones who are decked out in gear with 3 stars above their head who have not a clue what their job can and is supposed to do. It's a vicious cycle, and giving people ***for free doesn't always 'help' them.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-08-08 14:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't argue with anything you said, Buukki. And I do agree on gear. My thoughts on the scales is that any group worth a damn right now is flooring scales as often as their members are lotting them. If I can bring a good guy along and all they want is a scale... ain't no way I'd feel good charging.

And yes, it does always seem that the worst players have one skill... power lots.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-08 15:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I might be in the minority, but I feel like Omen bosses get harder with more than 6 people
Depends who's in those "more people".
If it's support/ranged it's all good. If you bring additional melees they totally get harder.

Regardless, they've always made content "easier" with time. As long as this happens a certain amount of time after the content is released, I'm all good with that. It gets in "farming mode" for everyone, and the "cool guys" still get the achievements of having completed that content 1 year before or whatever it is.

Just my two cents.
Whining as if Omen is the first (or last) thing where they did that is pretty short sighted imho.
I think the same should apply to cards for instance. It's all good to have something so grindy/slow it takes you 3 months to complete a single job's set. It's new content, no? All good.
But once that content is "old" or new content arrives, it's only right you make some QoL changes to make the old content easier/faster.
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2017-08-08 15:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
it does always seem that the worst players have one skill... power lots

amen!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-08 15:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, "harder" is a relative term. Card farming certainly is not easier with 18 people vs 6 by no means, but it may speed up the process. There's give and take with everything, if you want to get into semantics. Hell, Reisenjima bosses are being cleared just as easily with 6 people vs 18 people, though the latter has a scaling so its essentially the same.
 Bahamut.Essellys
Server: Bahamut
user: Essellys
By Bahamut.Essellys 2017-08-08 17:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all, I'm a returning player but probably will remain casual for now. I was thinking of trying out the BCNM for K-club. So my questions are:
(1) is that BCNM still level capped?
(2) are trusts allowed to be used in the BCNM?
(3) what would your advice be on the easiest way to spamming that BCNM solo?

Thank you all!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-08 17:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes
No
Scholar or Red Mage gravity nukes (bumping up your run speed helps make it a lot easier, if one was so inclined.)
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2017-08-08 19:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My frustration is with the combo of the time restriction of Omen + the poor gear drop rate. At least with Vagary, you could spam it and at least one piece of gear dropped per boss. You could get the Vagary gear at a reasonable rate as well as $$$ items to sell each run. With this omen boss crap, it's a 50/50 chance just for one piece of gear to drop. Combine that with some alliances doing omen with 12+ people lotting a 50/50 rate for one gear drop, with a 20 hour time restriction, and it takes forever to get gear. and cards. and scales. I've been on 20+ runs of Omen and have yet to get a single piece of gear from any of the caturae.

SE was basically like "yeah we don't have the resources to make more content for a while, so we'll give you a very crappy grind for some of this new gear to keep you occupied". With a time restriction of 20 hours, and the fact that it takes an average LS takes around 30 minutes to clear a run of Omen, SE basically gave us new content that we can only spend 30 minutes per day on. Makes total sense.