New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » August login
August login
By Misono 2017-08-08 20:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm/blm , can be done naked and usually 7-9 minutes
Try this if you wanna solo.

Make macros: all tier2 nukes but water 2 . Or can just keep spamming ice2 and thunder 2.
gravity, bind, stoneskin, phalanx, sleep1 sleep2. Cures. (Drain is optional )

At start of fight .Apply composure On . Refresh , stoneskin , phalanx , blink, aquaviel. Magic accuracy food like pear crepe optional. *** now take off COmposure*** so you don't gimp your recast timer.

Max casting distance . Cast gravity (wind staff optional) start spamming tier2s. ( no dots) run toward Burning Circle and towards the wall . You should be able to land 2-3 nukes by the time you make it to dead end. **Bind and reapply stoneskin if you got hit. ** while it's bound run across other side of dead end to run up towards ramp. ( avoid contact with it duh) Start landing more tier 2 While running up. Sleep1 it . Rest your MP and wait for gravity to wear. Look for it and reapply gravity ASAP. Tier 2 spam . Should be more than half its health down . Keep kiting in the big circle while keeping distance and reapply stone skin. Sleep 2 it and buff if you need . BY NOW it should start resisting your enfeebles so make sure to have bind, sleep , gravity in hand. Tier 2 spam a couple more time and it should be close to dead . At 15% you can honestly Chainspell Drain it to death with some tier 2 in between. GL
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-08 20:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The drop rate isn't 50/50. It's more like 75/25 in favor of scales. The drop on the body is so poor it's not even worth mentioning. To date I have not seen one body armor drop and I've been doing omen since release. Well over 100 runs
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-08 20:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Double scale is a huge insult. And Ou even being able to drop scales at all is such a bigger insult.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tesiex
Server: Bismarck
user: Tesiex
By Bismarck.Tesiex 2017-08-09 08:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Essellys said: »
(3) what would your advice be on the easiest way to spamming that BCNM solo?

Thank you all!

As an alternative to the grav/kite/nuke strat I typically do it as DRG/RDM and just spam dia. I don't usually need to drink juice to finish but I'm close to running out of MP if I don't.

Gear is bibiki seashell + lots of HP (HP gear scales when level capped so you can use stuff from 99 and still get a decent chunk of the stats from it) + accuracy/attack.
 Sylph.Snk
Server: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2017-08-09 08:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Double scale is a huge insult. And Ou even being able to drop scales at all is such a bigger insult.

We've seen so many COR Necks and SMN belts that I think we're about sick of them.

I've seen 2 body drops total one of which I won being Nisrock Jerkin. I swear it's like doing Voidwatch in terms of ever seeing a body drop.
By fillerbunny9 2017-08-09 10:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Snk said: »

We've seen so many COR Necks and SMN belts that I think we're about sick of them.

I've seen 2 body drops total one of which I won being Nisrock Jerkin. I swear it's like doing Voidwatch in terms of ever seeing a body drop.

Logwatch had a better drop rate for bodies, if just by virtue of the individual drop pools. if players were getting personal coffers in Omen, there would be more body pieces out there. it's almost like they took the drop rate of Tartarus Mail, said "yeah, that's about right!" and applied it to every Omen boss.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-09 11:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

On the bright side, the quirkiness of the stats on some of the Omen bodies make them more likely to be out-dated more quickly than Tartarus Platemail.

I'm not saying that they aren't worthwhile. Just quirky.
By fillerbunny9 2017-08-09 11:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

well, the same could be said for many of the Pulse bodies under the 99 gear paradigm.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-09 11:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

True, but as you said, Voidwatch had better overall drop rates. It took far too long, but a way to bring that gear out of the event and into the marketplace was also added.

I'm just trying to help people not despair that their Omen bodies haven't appeared yet.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-09 11:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

But what about my resist petrify set for rng?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-09 13:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think voidwatch drop rates were better, you could just spam them faster. Imagine if Toci's harness was locked behind a 20 hour boss.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-09 13:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't think voidwatch drop rates were better, you could just spam them faster. Imagine if Toci's harness was locked behind a 20 hour boss.
The Pulse bodies were roughly the same as the Omen bodies, but the Pulse weapons were worse by about a factor of 10.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-08-09 14:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

....... Voidwatch had a timed lock out too. remember? You don't just get unlimited voidstones.

Except that you could by-pass it and it had no cap on max entries.

Odin.Geriond said: »
The Pulse bodies were roughly the same as the Omen bodies, but the Pulse weapons were worse by about a factor of 10.

pulse body drop rate was relatively high, I got every single one. I'd say omen bodies are much lower. AND you have to fight over them. so at a minimum it's 6x lower.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-08-09 15:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

pulse body drop rate was relatively high, I got every single one. I'd say omen bodies are much lower. AND you have to fight over them. so at a minimum it's 6x lower.
Pulse bodies (with capped red) had about a 1% drop rate, which is in the same ballpark as Omen bodies. Yes, they were easier to get because of both it being easier to spam and not needing to lot against anyone, but the actual physical drop rates were roughly the same.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-08-09 15:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

And, towards the end of their relevancy, you could buy them!
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-08-09 18:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Essellys said: »
Hi all, I'm a returning player but probably will remain casual for now. I was thinking of trying out the BCNM for K-club. So my questions are:
(1) is that BCNM still level capped?
(2) are trusts allowed to be used in the BCNM?
(3) what would your advice be on the easiest way to spamming that BCNM solo?

Thank you all!
I go as BLM/RDM and the fight takes as little as 2 minutes. Bind > gravity > blizzard/thunder II until ded. The kraken is easily slept if you need MP. I use bio II and burn, but it's safer not to.

The gil reward from this BCNM is decent even if K club doesn't drop. 15k for the win, 3 oxbloods (16k NPC each, more on the AH), 500 sparks from RoE, pearls, gems, gear for another 10k or so.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2017-08-09 20:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's great if you have mules. I use the Send addon to cast and follow afterward. I can't complain about the drop rate too much. One club has dropped from countless orbs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
By Darksparksnot 2017-09-09 01:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ShE did it again, maybe the guy handling this stuff died and the cleaning lady just switch mounts.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-09-09 08:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

All items change each month except where explicitly stated.
By Elazar1 2017-09-09 10:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just getting HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE now, think I will just lose some miles now and get my extra mog wardrobes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2017-09-09 11:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
This is just getting HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE now, think I will just lose some miles now and get my extra mog wardrobes.

oh you don't use 3 and 4 yet?
By Elazar1 2017-09-09 11:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah man I still pull and swap ***, I figured I pay them enough money lol
[+]