Random Politics & Religion #25

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #25
Random Politics & Religion #25
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-24 16:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Putin hates the Clintons more than the whole republican party.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-24 16:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

According to who? Comey? And I didn't say who Putin liked more, I said from whom Putin stood to gain more. Trump's energy policy is detrimental to Russia, as well as his desire for a stronger military. There isn't much for Putin to gain from Trump's agenda, which is the most baffling part of this whole Russian conspiracy nonsense. On the other hand, the second coming of Obama would have had, ahem, more flexbility to help Putin after her election.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-24 17:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

According to who? Comey? And I didn't say who Putin liked more, I said from whom Putin stood to gain more. Trump's energy policy is detrimental to Russia, as well as his desire for a stronger military. There isn't much for Putin to gain from Trump's agenda, which is the most baffling part of this whole Russian conspiracy nonsense. On the other hand, the second coming of Obama would have had, ahem, more flexbility to help Putin after her election.

She's just spewing hatred like usual.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-07-24 17:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Russia's goal was to disrupt the election process. I doubt they were counting on Trump to win so a quid pro quo scenario isn't relevant.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-24 17:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Russia's goal was to disrupt the election process. I doubt they were counting on Trump to win so a quid pro quo scenario isn't relevant.

According to who? Are you a mind-reader? Wait, are YOU colluding with Russia to gain such privileged information? Stay there, I'm calling the FBI to begin a investigation into suspected treason.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-07-24 18:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Like, every intelligence agency Trump told you not to believe.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-24 18:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Russia's goal was to disrupt the election process.
To answer both of you at the same time:

Of course Putin hates Clinton more than the whole Republican party, and want to disrupt the election process, even if it's obvious that Clinton was going to win.

You forget (per usual) that the US messed with Putin's election, as directed by Clinton. Just by messing with the US election, even with a Clinton win, would have shown the world that Russia can play that game too. But Putin got a bonus by showing the world that Russia can play that game and win, while US plays that game and loses.

To expand Ravael's point: Putin not only gains all of that, but also, he would have won the ideology war with Clinton. Since Clinton's foreign policy is "I'm not Trump" (just like her economic/social/general domestic policies are), she would be just as weak of a leader as Obama was. Remember, because you two worship the ground Obama shits on doesn't mean he is a good leader. Clinton would have double downed on Obama's policies that turned the world into such a shitfest in the first place.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-07-24 19:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, sure. Putin's playing Trump, even though Putin had much more to gain from a Clinton administration.

I don't know where you are getting this made up story from, wait of course I do Trump said it so you believe it. Of course Putin is playing Trump, thats exactly why Congress is passing a bill to ADD more sanctions to Russia and RESTRICT Trump from lifting them, because they don't trust Trump. Especially since he just essentially ceded Syria to Putin and Assad. This is not a bill that would have been passed under a Clinton admin, and Clinton would never have handed Syria away like Trump just did. Putin is completely owning Trump right now, which is why Congress is stepping in.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-24 19:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Yeah, sure. Putin's playing Trump, even though Putin had much more to gain from a Clinton administration.

I don't know where you are getting this made up story from, wait of course I do Trump said it so you believe it. Of course Putin is playing Trump, thats exactly why Congress is passing a bill to ADD more sanctions to Russia and RESTRICT Trump from lifting them, because they don't trust Trump. Especially since he just essentially ceded Syria to Putin and Assad. This is not a bill that would have been passed under a Clinton admin, and Clinton would never have handed Syria away like Trump just did. Putin is completely owning Trump right now, which is why Congress is stepping in.
I don't know where you are getting this made up story from
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-24 20:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know that Trump made a red line he didn't enforce when Syria crossed it.

I guess you forgot that MoaB that was dropped when Syria was caught using chemical weapons on their people.

Just ask yourself: What did Obama do when Assad crossed that line? Oh, right, he pretended that it never happened. That's why America is now a laughing stock, because of Obama's foreign policies.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-07-24 20:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys have nothing on this topic, I know. You just make things up and ignore whats actually going on. Keep pretending that Congress isn't slapping Trump down when it comes to his bromance with Putin, and somehow thinking that Putin had a lot to gain from a Clinton admin. He would never be in this favorable of a position in Syria if not for Trump.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-24 20:04:09
Link | Quote | Reply

He would never be in this favorable of a position in Syria if not for Trump OBAMA.

FTFY....
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-07-24 20:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah a MOAB dropped, who cares? No impact on Syria (or Afghanistan). Didn't shake Assad or Putin. Didn't shake the Taliban. Didn't shake ISIS. Assad was killing civilians from the same flightline, the next day. What has Trump done since then? It was what, 5 months ago?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-24 20:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

somehow thinking that Putin had a lot to gain from a Clinton admin.
Wouldn't everyone?

Clinton, like Obama, is:

1) Weak
2) Untrustworthy
3) Easily manipulated
4) Uncaring
5) Clearly willing to sacrifice people for her own goals
6) Blowhard
7) Pathetic

All of which is what Trump isn't, and what Clinton actually campaigned for.
By Viciouss 2017-07-24 20:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

All of which is what Trump isn't, and what Clinton actually campaigned for.

Oh yeah? What are you basing this on? A MOAB drop? You seem to think thats a really big deal. You know Obama bombed an ISIS bank that caused far more harm than that big bang in the Afghan mountains. I know you don't know anything, and its gonna be impossible for you to actually make an argument for Trump, but do you really think that giving Syria to Putin and Assad, which Trump has done, is good foreign policy? Why are we still in Syria then? Why are we in Afghanistan still? Whats Trump's plan? Any idea?
Why do you think Congress is stepping in and asserting itself, while reducing Trump's position on foreign policy? Probably because Trump has done nothing about North Korea, Syria, Afghanistan, or Russia. He has no plan, because he doesn't know anything. He is all talk, just look at him today, threatening Congress. They don't seem to care. He has been tuned out.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-24 20:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah a MOAB dropped, who cares? No impact on Syria (or Afghanistan). Didn't shake Assad or Putin. Didn't shake the Taliban. Didn't shake ISIS. Assad was killing civilians from the same flightline, the next day. What has Trump done since then? It was what, 5 months ago?

And Clinton would have done what, exactly? Fly in on her broom and assassinate Assad herself? Drawn more lines in the sand and enforce them with her stunning charisma? Take down Putin and Assad with the military force after trying to cut military spending? Enlighten us.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-07-24 20:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And Clinton would have done what, exactly? Fly in on her broom and assassinate Assad herself? Drawn more lines in the sand and enforce them with her stunning charisma? Take down Putin and Assad with the military force after trying to cut military spending? Enlighten us.

Stop focusing on Clinton (for once) and focus on the actual President and his complete lack of leadership/accomplishments. I know you have to protect Trump at all costs but its not working, especially when a Republican Congress is overwhelmingly rejecting his foreign policy.
By Viciouss 2017-07-24 21:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

But sure, we can go down that rabbit hole. I can say, emphatically, that Clinton would not have ended the CIA's operations in Syria in exchange for what Trump got, which was NOTHING. Sure, it wasn't a very successful program, but Putin and Assad hated it and wanted it to end, which could have easily been used to get a wide range of things in return. Such as Russia's withdrawal from Syria, possibly Ukraine, Assad's forfeiture of chemical weapons, Assad's forfeiture of land, possibly even Assad stepping down (prolly not tho). Literally, it was a bargaining chip, a big one, and what did Trump do? He traded it for...nothing. He could have gotten a lot of things, but instead, he just threw Putin and Assad a huge favor, this is like trading Tim Duncan for some potato chips. Some really bad potato chips. It even caused John McCain to speak out against Trump's failures, brain cancer and all. Now whats the plan I wonder? Don't ask Trump, because he has nothing. Look to Congress from now on.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-24 21:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's see what a former senior defense official under Obama had to say about it:

Quote:
"We certainly questioned it all the time, when the direction of the war really started changing, especially when Russia got in, these fighters were pushed to work with the most capable group on the ground, which was Nusrah," a former senior defense official under the Obama administration says.

"These groups were useful in contacting other groups and getting them, even though it strategically didn't survive, tactically at times they were able to get groups to stand down," the official says. "They had better reach than anyone else we were talking to."

Canceling the program, however, was ultimately the right decision, the official says, adding, "the output does not make sense."

Surely such an effective program had so much influence as to be a bargaining chip to cause:

Russia's withdrawal from Syria

lol

possibly Ukraine

LOL

Assad's forfeiture of chemical weapons

lol

Assad's forfeiture of land

lol

possibly even Assad stepping down

LOL
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-24 21:26:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Could Trump have done better in his short time as President? Sure, I'll give you that. But I'm not going to give you any leeway to criticize him after you spent so much time defending Obama's atrocious record in Syria.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-07-24 21:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So one guys opinion about the usefulness of the program is all you got? I don't need any leeway from you when you have nothing. If it was the "right decision" I don't think we would be seeing this much urgency from Congress to step in. Probably because it was in fact, a stupid decision. And we still have no plan from Trump in regards to Syria, Afghanistan, North Korea, or Russia.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-24 21:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So one guys opinion about the usefulness of the program is all you got? I don't need any leeway from you when you have nothing. If it was the "right decision" I don't think we would be seeing this much urgency from Congress to step in. Probably because it was in fact, a stupid decision. And we still have no plan from Trump in regards to Syria, Afghanistan, North Korea, or Russia.

Your argument is Congress. Let that sink in for a bit.

In the meantime, I'll repeat this as often as necessary:

But I'm not going to give you any leeway to criticize him after you spent so much time defending Obama's atrocious record in Syria.

You may think I have nothing, but you have contradictions against yourself just because the president changed. That's, like, less than nothing. That's blatant partisanship.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-24 22:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah? What are you basing this on? A MOAB drop? You seem to think thats a really big deal.
It's called action, something you haven't seen during Obama's entire tenure as president.

How many red lines were crossed while Obama was president? How many are crossed with Trump at the helm?

Let's see that sink in, and remember, ISIS is only a JV team, right? Was that said before or after they gained so much ground during Obama's term?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-24 22:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop focusing on Clinton (for once) and focus on the actual President and his complete lack of leadership/accomplishments. I know you have to protect Trump at all costs but its not working, especially when a Republican Congress is overwhelmingly rejecting his foreign policy.
Ok.

Trump has accomplished more than Obama has ever had.

1) ISIS is losing influence. Something that didn't happen during nearly all of Obama's term. In case you haven't dug your head out of Obama's ***, remember that ISIS was born under Obama's watch, with the weapons Obama has supplied them and the financial support Obama has provided to them. It's almost like Obama singlehandedly created them.....oh wait, he has.
2) Trump showed the world that you don't *** with Trump. But during Obama's term, not only could the world *** with him, he provided the KY Jelly and bent down for them.
3) He actually got other countries to listen to America again. Unlike Obama's "leadership" which is actually not leading, other countries are such in a huff about Trump that they are starting to act like the media regarding Trump. Freaking out over every single thing while instituting policies Trump is doing (such as not allowing immigrants in their countries due to terrorist activities, dropping out of a wealth-distribution scheme concocted in Paris, among other things). Sounds like Trump's more of a leader than Obama ever was....

So, tell us, Vic, what's the +/- of the number of Republican seats during Trump's term now vs. Obama's term overall again?
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-07-24 22:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

\
Ok.

Trump has accomplished more than Obama has ever had.

1) ISIS is losing influence. Something that didn't happen during nearly all of Obama's term. In case you haven't dug your head out of Obama's ***, remember that ISIS was born under Obama's watch, with the weapons Obama has supplied them and the financial support Obama has provided to them. It's almost like Obama singlehandedly created them.....oh wait, he has.
2) Trump showed the world that you don't *** with Trump. But during Obama's term, not only could the world *** with him, he provided the KY Jelly and bent down for them.
3) He actually got other countries to listen to America again. Unlike Obama's "leadership" which is actually not leading, other countries are such in a huff about Trump that they are starting to act like the media regarding Trump. Freaking out over every single thing while instituting policies Trump is doing (such as not allowing immigrants in their countries due to terrorist activities, dropping out of a wealth-distribution scheme concocted in Paris, among other things). Sounds like Trump's more of a leader than Obama ever was....

So, tell us, Vic, what's the +/- of the number of Republican seats during Trump's term now vs. Obama's term overall again?

And this is what lying looks like folks. KN is literally just making ***up again. You don't know what you are talking about and its really obvious. Obama wiped out somewhere between 50-60,000 ISIS fighters, wiped out their entire leadership bracket, then wiped out their replacements, cut off their entire money supply, bankrupted them, brought their recruitment numbers to literally zero, all while not losing any American soldiers. He basically just left Trump with a little bit of mop-up duty in regards to ISIS. Just like Bush waxed Al-Qaeda in Iraq, Obama slaughtered ISIS. So, that whole line of Trump accomplishing more than Obama, straight up lie. Probably won't ever come true, especially since he just handed Syria over to Putin and Assad. Why are we even there now?

Trump hasn't shown the world anything, what countries are listening to us again? China? They aren't "taking care of North Korea" like Trump has constantly tweeted about. Trump has no plan on North Korea. China was never going to do anything and neither is Trump. That kid over there can do whatever he wants.

Assad? Still in power, killing his own people everyday, no plan. The Taliban? Not going anywhere in Afghanistan. No plan. But apparently, we are gonna send more troops there, without a plan. The Saudis? Don't seem to care about continuing to fund terrorism or giving them safe haven. But Trump didn't seem to mind giving them an arms deal discount.
Putin? Yeah ok, don't really need to go there.
But hey, he did try to take credit for creating the humanitarian crisis in Qatar, something that IRAN actually stepped in to help with.
Turns out, dropping a bomb and then doing nothing for 5 months doesn't scare a lot of people. Nobody is listening to Trump. The world isn't listening, Congress isn't listening, nobody. He has been tuned out.

But keep fantasizing about Trump's "accomplishments" when there actually aren't any.
By Viciouss 2017-07-24 22:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can always count on conservatives to spam those fake talking points about Obama.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-24 23:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So, instead of countering any of my points, you dig your head in the sand even further.

Well, that is typical for you. When you can't rebut anything, you obviously state that the other person is lying. That is all you do.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-07-24 23:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So, instead of countering any of my points, you dig your head in the sand even further.

Well, that is typical for you. When you can't rebut anything, you obviously state that the other person is lying.

Actually I rebutted your entire made up narrative, which wasn't hard, because all it consisted of was "I hate Obama."
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-25 01:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is listening to Trump. The world isn't listening, Congress isn't listening, nobody. He has been tuned out.

It's hard to take you seriously when you say things like this about the most talked about person on the planet. I would love for him to be tuned out for a day just to give the hyperventilating Left some time to catch their breath.

Beyond that, when you make statements like this:

Obama wiped out somewhere between 50-60,000 ISIS fighters, wiped out their entire leadership bracket, then wiped out their replacements, cut off their entire money supply, bankrupted them, brought their recruitment numbers to literally zero, all while not losing any American soldiers.

Well, there are so many lies here that you stated the best rebuttal against yourself... again.

Quote:
You don't know what you are talking about and its really obvious.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-25 07:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, that is typical for you. When you can't rebut anything, you obviously state that the other person is lying.

Actually I rebutted your entire made up narrative, which wasn't hard, because all it consisted of was "I hate Obama."
Sorry, but when you accuse somebody of lying even though 100% of the time you do that, you offer zero reason nor evidence of lying, people tend to ignore you.

But seriously, how can one person lie on an analysis of actual facts? Or are you saying that ISIS wasn't created during Obama's term using the resources that Obama gave them (they were originally Syrian rebels who was fully supported by the US government)?

I know you worship the ***Obama craps out, but there's got to be a limit on the blind piety you display.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61