Random Politics & Religion #25

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #25
Random Politics & Religion #25
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 59 60 61

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-07-17 17:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
LennartHK said: »
Did you know Canada has more lakes than the rest of the entire planet combined?
sounds like canada is full of bones.. and oil.

Ripe for exploitation!
By Viciouss 2017-07-17 19:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta love how they have changed their story from there was NO collusion to Ok there was collusion but NO crime. Also, really bad press briefing from Spicer today, yet again.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2017-07-17 20:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Gotta love how they have changed their story from there was NO collusion to Ok there was collusion but NO crime. Also, really bad press briefing from Spicer today, yet again.

How was there collusion?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-17 20:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Under that type of logic; supporting the Trump narrative that the meeting with Russia is just politics destroys your right to complain about Hillary's buttery males.
Did Trump Jr. commit a crime? Did he put national security at risk?
Maybe. Yes.

I mean this whole flap verges HARD on national security.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-17 20:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it make you feel better inside to have that label of "collusion" to attach to Trump's election? Does a pointless 20 minute meeting held by Trump's son give you the warm fuzzies even though Trump will still be in office 3 years from now? Because at this point I'm pretty sure that's the only reason why anyone cares.
After that thwacking in November, I guess Democrats need that gentle reassurance that they're still relevant, and if it takes a Trump witch hunt, hilariously skewed polls, and a rabid news media to do it, I guess that's just how it has to be. Perhaps all it
really takes is a nice security blanket that says "Made In Russia".
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-17 20:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
also, religion = slave and a slave will ALWAYS stab you in the back- like bad stuff on you, cuz slaves never win.
In the Roman and Ottoman empires slaves could, and sometimes did, win.
ya bcuz being forced to fight to the death is a win with more battles, sounds like running for POTUS..
In both those empires slaves could own property. This includes stuff like money. And slaves. Enough to buy their freedom even.

And there were some slaves who became wealthy enough to buy their freedom who didn't.

In America slaves couldn't own a single thing without expressed permission from their masters.

Think Dobby and the sock.
By Viciouss 2017-07-17 20:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

And the even worse attempt at healthcare "reform" just died in the Senate. Good way to start the week.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2017-07-17 20:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Does it make you feel better inside to have that label of "collusion" to attach to Trump's election? Does a pointless 20 minute meeting held by Trump's son give you the warm fuzzies even though Trump will still be in office 3 years from now? Because at this point I'm pretty sure that's the only reason why anyone cares.
After that thwacking in November, I guess Democrats need that gentle reassurance that they're still relevant, and if it takes a Trump witch hunt, hilariously skewed polls, and a rabid news media to do it, I guess that's just how it has to be. Perhaps all it
really takes is a nice security blanket that says "Made In Russia".

The only one hurt by this Russia nonsense is CNN. The only one going to jail is Bank Fraud Bernie.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2017-07-17 20:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

also, religion = slave and a slave will ALWAYS stab you in the back- like bad stuff on you, cuz slaves never win.
ya bcuz being forced to fight to the death is a win with more battles, sounds like running for POTUS..
In both those empires slaves could own property. This includes stuff like money. And slaves. Enough to buy their freedom even.

And there were some slaves who became wealthy enough to buy their freedom who didn't.

In America slaves couldn't own a single thing without expressed permission from their masters.

Good Slavery vs BAD Slavery. I guess you consider America the greater of 2 evils. . .
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-07-17 20:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »

Good Slavery vs BAD Slavery. I guess you consider America the greater of 2 evils. . .

This Is Donald Trumps America; obviously American slavery is the best slavery.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-17 20:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I consider the Roman system better.

Not a lot, but still ... both are exploitative.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-07-17 20:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

"No meeting, facts I don't like"
"Ok meeting but not bad"
"Clinton/Trump/whoever did worse"
"Ok kinda bad but not illegal"
"Dems lost get over it lol"

Did I miss any?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-07-17 20:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
"Ok meeting but not bad"

Did I miss any?

John McCain's blood clot is holding up Trumpcare.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2017-07-17 20:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Ino man. . If not for America there would STILL be Slavery. Now let that resonate inside inside your little head for a minute.

"The GOOD slavery system!" smfh
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-17 20:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

"Ok meeting but not bad"

Did I miss any?
Doesn't count in his list.

Question, would McCain's blood clot be covered under Trumpcare?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-07-17 21:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

"Ok meeting but not bad"

Did I miss any?

It's raining 60lb weed bricks
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-17 21:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

"Ok meeting but not bad"

Did I miss any?

Just the ridiculousness of your own side's narratives. You've got plenty to choose from there.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-17 21:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Scarborough: Trump May Usher in End of 2-Party System
MSNBC host delivers blistering op-ed, says president is killing the GOP

Quote:
(Newser) – MSNBC's Joe Scarborough made headlines last week when the former GOP congressman announced he was leaving the Republican party. On Monday, he delivered a scathing op-ed in the Washington Post elaborating on why, with President Trump a prime target. In tandem with Trump, however, are Republican leaders who continue to stand by him as he embraces "autocratic thugs," denounces the free press in ways that would make Stalin and Mao proud, and questions the bedrock principles of American checks and balances, writes Scarborough. And where is the GOP outrage over his campaign's dealings with Russia? The party is "dying," complains Scarborough, and he writes that he can no longer defend it.

"Trump’s Republicans have devolved into a party without a cause, dominated by a leader hopelessly ill-informed about the basics of conservatism, US history, and the Constitution," he writes. With control of the White House and both houses of Congress, the GOP had a real chance this year to redeem itself, but has failed spectacularly. "The wreckage visited of this man will break the Republican Party into pieces—and lead to the election of independent thinkers no longer tethered to the tired dogmas of the polarized past," he writes. At that point, "the two-party duopoly that has strangled American politics for almost two centuries will finally come to an end. And Washington just may begin to work again."
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2017-07-17 21:19:05
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I consider the Roman system better.

Not a lot, but still ... both are exploitative.
There is no "better". It either exists or it doesnt. Either everyone is allowed to live thier life or they aint. No matter how you look at it there is nothing grand comparing 1 vs the other let alone acting as if America was a bloodthirsty tyrant in comparison. . . Your anti-America rhetoric is a gd joke
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-17 21:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So you are pro slavery Akson?
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2017-07-17 21:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So you are pro slavery Akson?
Im speaking Chinese? . .
No Im not a figurative nor literal fan of either or and I dont think it's right to claim one form is so fantastic over another.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-17 21:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Scarborough: Trump May Usher in End of 2-Party System
MSNBC host delivers blistering op-ed, says president is killing the GOP

Quote:
(Newser) – MSNBC's Joe Scarborough made headlines last week when the former GOP congressman announced he was leaving the Republican party. On Monday, he delivered a scathing op-ed in the Washington Post elaborating on why, with President Trump a prime target. In tandem with Trump, however, are Republican leaders who continue to stand by him as he embraces "autocratic thugs," denounces the free press in ways that would make Stalin and Mao proud, and questions the bedrock principles of American checks and balances, writes Scarborough. And where is the GOP outrage over his campaign's dealings with Russia? The party is "dying," complains Scarborough, and he writes that he can no longer defend it.

"Trump’s Republicans have devolved into a party without a cause, dominated by a leader hopelessly ill-informed about the basics of conservatism, US history, and the Constitution," he writes. With control of the White House and both houses of Congress, the GOP had a real chance this year to redeem itself, but has failed spectacularly. "The wreckage visited of this man will break the Republican Party into pieces—and lead to the election of independent thinkers no longer tethered to the tired dogmas of the polarized past," he writes. At that point, "the two-party duopoly that has strangled American politics for almost two centuries will finally come to an end. And Washington just may begin to work again."

It's just too bad that nobody gives a crap what Joe Scarborough thinks, although I find it a bit weird that he's dissing Trump and saying that he will usher in a glorious new era of Washington politics in the same breath. Something tells me that with the countless failed prophecies about Trump and the GOP, Joe Scarborough of all people won't end up with the title of Nostradamus.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-17 21:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravael, I find it interesting enough to post.

Do I think this will kill our duopoly? no.

Do I hope it will? Yes.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-17 21:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravael, I find it interesting enough to post.

Do I think this will kill our duopoly? no.

Do I hope it will? Yes.

Well, I would love to see the death of the duopoly, but unfortunately in this political climate it would just mean one party splitting while the other reigns for a thousand years. It would require a double split or a centrist 3rd party (one that actually wins for once) to work well, and I just don't see that ever happening.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-07-17 21:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Ino man. . If not for America there would STILL be Slavery. Now let that resonate inside inside your little head for a minute.

Ah but that's where you are mistaken. Slavery is still here, it's just taken on a new form and is less overt... and on that note, gotta go pay the rent to the Duke of Kent.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2017-07-17 22:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah but that's where you are mistaken. Slavery is still here, it's just taken on a new form and is less overt... and on that note, gotta go pay the rent to the Duke of Kent.
Explain yourself then
By Viciouss 2017-07-17 22:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought we had a bipartisan agreement NOT to quote Akson.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-17 22:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought we had a bipartisan agreement NOT to quote Akson.
Only if you are being good.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 59 60 61