Random Politics & Religion #19

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #19
Random Politics & Religion #19
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 82 83 84
By fonewear 2017-02-22 16:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Truth to me is subjective hell I don't care if people are telling the truth. Just as long as they are reliable. I'll settle for someone being on time and a complete *** otherwise !
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-22 16:44:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Josiahkf said: »
You are overstating the facts KN.
Let me ask you this then:

Take a group of 14 posters who, for simplicity sake, are separated into 2 subgroups. The subgroups are determined by their political preference (left v. right). Also, let's equally distribute them, so 7 per side (we both know this isn't the case here, but do keep up).

Group Left likes to manipulate the facts and twist the argument more than Group Right. The ratio is 3:1.

Do you believe:

A) Group Left is more dishonest because of their posting habits, or
B) Both groups are equally dishonest because they both do the same thing?
C) Appreciate the irony of criticizing others for dishonesty by presenting an incredibly loaded question.
Poor Pleeb's.

He doesn't see the real irony of it all. Cause if he did, he wouldn't have made that post.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-22 16:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We keep talking about irony it's going to turn into some meta discussion of irony. That I can't even understand !
By fonewear 2017-02-22 16:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently Trump is golfing too much. Cause people are complaining about it. Kinda hard to avoid that when you own a bunch of golf clubs.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-02-22 16:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Apparently Trump is golfing too much. Cause people are complaining about it. Kinda hard to avoid that when you own a bunch of golf clubs.
I remember seeing that. Apparently He whined about Obama golfing then proceeding to golf at like a 10x the frequency Obama did

/facepalm

You expected Trump and company to be above hypocrisy?!

/facepalm
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-22 16:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet President Obama golfing is totally fine, after all he works so hard so needs the break right...

Again those who are a member of "The Team" and fighting for "The Cause" get free pass to do whatever whenever and have an army of fanatics to shield them from criticism. Members of "The Other Team" and who fight against "The Cause" must be publicly burned alive to serve as a warning to others who might challenge the True Believers.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-22 16:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wait till he bans anime. *crosses fingers* It could happen.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-22 16:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, now the media cares about a President who spends too much time on the golf course?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-02-22 16:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Golf is good exercise if you walk so I'll allow it.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-22 16:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember seeing that. Apparently He whined about Obama golfing then proceeding to golf at like a 10x the frequency Obama did

/facepalm
Where do you get that figure?
By Viciouss 2017-02-22 17:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump golfing is just funny because he is going above and beyond in trying to hide it from the public. Denying it outright or just saying "he played a few holes" while his playing partners are like yeah he played the full round. Nobody cares if Trump golfs except for Trump.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-02-22 17:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor Pleeb's.

He doesn't see the real irony of it all. Cause if he did, he wouldn't have made that post.
"NO U"

Thanks dood.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-22 17:08:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Trump golfing is just funny because he is going above and beyond in trying to hide it from the public. Denying it outright or just saying "he played a few holes" while his playing partners are like yeah he played the full round. Nobody cares if Trump golfs except for Trump.
Proof, or are you just talking out of your posterior again?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-22 17:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
.... It's the old Communism vs Democracy debate ...
I hate to break it to you but communism is an economic system while democracy is a political system. You are comparing apples to alligators there bunky.

I will also mention that the USSR was a democracy. One party, and one house, but the Duma had more turnover than our house ever had.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-22 17:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

/facepalm

You expected Trump and company to be above hypocrisy?!

/facepalm

Ohh another good example of how fanatical the progressives are on here.

President Obama was in office eight years and played 306 rounds of golf.

President Trump has been in office one month and visited a golf club that he's been a member of for a very long time and actually owns, six times so far. The rumor is that he's played golf some of those times but very little confirmation.

But the rumor of six golf sessions is more then the confirmed 306 rounds of golf to a Progressive cause the guy who did the six is on "The Other Team".

Furthermore, Trump isn't a "real golfer" and has a laissez faire approach to the game. He just happens to own a bunch of golf properties and does business on them.

And to those still wondering WTF is really going on, lots of business discussions get done on the Golf Course. It provides for the perfect excuse for a group of men to get together and plenty of open privacy for them to discuss what they need to discuss in secrecy without being accused of talking in secret. Four dudes golfing for a few hours is nothing out of the ordinary. The fact that two of those people work for different financial firms that are doing business isn't something people would pick up on, especially as they just work for C staff people. Of course one of those companies is looking to poach someone from the other company, but needs to do a feeler without any form of communication on the record.

Lots of business people are shitty golf players who pretend to be fans to use it as an excuse to do other business. It's where a lot of promotions are discussed as well as things that wouldn't pass an investigation by HR or any governmental agency.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-22 17:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
communism is an economic system
......Chanti.....

I mean, seriously.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-02-22 17:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/20/politics/donald-trump-golfing-presidency/index.html

Presidential downtime is nothing new, Obama playing golf was never an issue, Bush spent his time in Crawford, nobody cares. Its a story because Trump and his team is making it one.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-22 17:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to break it to you but communism is an economic system while democracy is a political system.

Except economics is intrinsically linked to political systems. You can't political freedom without also having economic freedom. It's why Capitalism (economic freedom) and Democracy (political freedom) are connected while Communism (economic and political slavery) stands alone.

China is also a "Democracy", the politically elite members of their single political party do votes do determine their internal leadership. North Korea is also "Democracy", their political elite members vote for the "leaders" of their country.

You would be beyond stupid to think either one of those has political freedom. Voting the "wrong" way is a sure fire way to lose all your possessions and even your life.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-22 17:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
And to those still wondering WTF is really going on, lots of business discussions get done on the Golf Course. It provides for the perfect excuse for a group of men to get together and plenty of open privacy for them to discuss what they need to discuss in secrecy without being accused of talking in secret. Four dudes golfing for a few hours is nothing out of the ordinary. The fact that two of those people work for different financial firms that are doing business isn't something people would pick up on, especially as they just work for C staff people. Of course one of those companies is looking to poach someone from the other company, but needs to do a feeler without any form of communication on the record.

Lots of business people are shitty golf players who pretend to be fans to use it as an excuse to do other business. It's where a lot of promotions are discussed as well as things that wouldn't pass an investigation by HR or any governmental agency.
Eh, I was already very critical against Obama for this, so I'm going to do the same with Trump.

On the business side, yes, deals get done there. Presidential side, not as much. It's mostly a time-waster.
By Viciouss 2017-02-22 17:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow Saevel typed a long diatribe again just to say exactly what I did.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-22 17:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/20/politics/donald-trump-golfing-presidency/index.html

Presidential downtime is nothing new, Obama playing golf was never an issue, Bush spent his time in Crawford, nobody cares. Its a story because Trump and his team is making it one.
A) Come on now. You can link better than that. I know that providing sources is new to you, but still....

B) There's a big difference between the assertion that Donald Trump himself is "going above and beyond in trying to hide it from the public" and Donald Trump's aides are "trying to hide the fact that Donald Trump is golfing."

Now, if you want to play that game, then you automatically admit that every single one of the Obama Administration's errors and failures is really Obama's failures, because you basically did the exact same logical fallacy.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-22 17:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing is, he said it better and more intelligently than you did.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-22 17:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I was already very critical against Obama for this, so I'm going to do the same with Trump.

On the business side, yes, deals get done there. Presidential side, not as much. It's mostly a time-waster.

Well President Trump has been in office for 30 days, so there isn't anything to be critical about ~yet~. I was making that statement because Trump has spent a lot of time at golf clubs before becoming President, nearly every weekend he's at one of his golf clubs. I was explaining on why someone like him would be there and what they would be doing.

As a President he won't be able to do the kinds of things he was doing before on those golf visits. Since becoming President he has still visited those same golf clubs but they have been super secretive of what he's been doing there. Obama's people were also secretive, it's part of being The POTUS, but afterward Obama would tell people what he was doing, which was playing Golf.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-02-22 17:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, now the media cares about a President who spends too much time on the golf course?
NOW? They griped about Eisenhower spending too much time golfing.....
By Viciouss 2017-02-22 17:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to use CNN because it annoys you and its a perfectly viable source.

Trump is playing golf on a weekly basis. He isn't admitting to it, his aides aren't admitting to it, and there is no reason to cover it up. Nobody "plays a few holes." Why try to hide it when there are pictures and tweets?

He made a big deal out of it on the campaign trail, but everyone knows the President has a lot of down time and were he to win, he would be playing golf.

Thing is, he said it better and more intelligently than you did.

Nah. He just likes to hear himself talk, its cool. Not exactly sure what a "real golfer" is tho, and I doubt Trump would take kindly to that jab.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-02-22 17:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If I were the president I would spend all of my time on the mini-golf course, because nothing's cooler than a putting through a windmill when surrounded by Secret Service.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-22 17:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

NOW? They griped about Eisenhower spending too much time golfing.....
But it's perfectly ok for Obama to go 306 rounds, but somehow, Trump doing, what, six and somehow he is the Worst President In Historyâ„¢ (I copywrote that, you owe me $.50 for reading it).

Please, keep proving Savael right.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-02-22 17:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to use CNN because it annoys you and its a perfectly viable source.
Hint: Click your own link.

Trump is playing golf on a weekly basis. He isn't admitting to it, his aides aren't admitting to it, and there is no reason to cover it up. Nobody "plays a few holes." Why try to hide it when there are pictures and tweets?
Wait, you want him to personally verify to you that he plays golf on the weekend? Seriously, it's a stupid issue to harp about.

Now, if he plays golf every day of the week, then that might be something to harp about.

Nah. He just likes to hear himself talk, its cool. Not exactly sure what a "real golfer" is tho, and I doubt Trump would take kindly to that jab.
Isn't that what you are doing now?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 74 75 76 ... 82 83 84