First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 28 29 30
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-09-06 03:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Playing around with Intense Difficult to learn some stuff. Troub Horde Lullaby lands on stuff this time around. Adds are simple and go down easy, but the boss is srs bzns. Seems to have high PDT and Dessucate can potentially 1-shot surrounding DDs. Has a move called Hemotoxin Wheel which is single target moderate damage, 2 minute Charm and Poison.

Going to try a run killing the boss first. Killing him last he got to the point where he was doing 1000 damage auto attacks to my Epeo RUN in PDT gear. <.<

Same thing happened to us. The adds were cake but when they all died, the NIN NM seemed to go into rage mode and proceeded to destroy all of us.

The key might be to kill the NIN NM first, then the rest after.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-06 03:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Follow-up on the Troub Lullaby comment, Wivre and Wyvern pets aren't sleepable, but they hit very low. Should be fine to ignore them and focus on boss first.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-06 03:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage on boss isn't any better if you try killing him first. I think the only sufficient way to kill him is probably to find out how to rid him of his aura as it's most likely granting him high DT. Thinking the colors of the enemies' aura is some kind of hint. Anyway, I've done all I cared to try tonight. I'll play with Intense Ambuscade more tomorrow if no further info is out by the time I can get back on.
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2016-09-06 03:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The last coloured Aura fight was goblins, and the aura for those broke when you split them up. Might be worth trying to pull the main NM away from the adds, and see if it's more manageable that way.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-06 03:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no adds for it to be near to grant it a "distance aura" when they're all dead, though. Orcs/Quadav auras were unknown, Yagudo aura was killing the Garuda pet. I'm hoping the trick isn't something super obscure that no one will figure out again.

I have a couple silly tests I'd like to try, but waiting 'til tomorrow.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-09-06 03:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

We just had another go at Intense. Not a full party, so not trying for a win or anything. But we did notice some things.

PLD ran in and pulled the horde. Me on PUP went and grabbed the NIN mega boss with PLD puppet and pulled it to the very far corner. It didn't use that random target one-shot move on anyone. PLD puppet tanks the NIN boss like a pro. 90-100 regular hits, to 300 with crits. x2 Light Maneuver with Auto-Repair Kit IV was able to counter the damage dealt by the NIN on the puppet.

Here's where things got interesting. We had a SCH who was trying to do self skillchains with nukes. I wasn't able to see this, but the adds have some sort of counter move anytime a nuke is used on them. However, a SMN BP on them and they didn't counter that move.

I've got a very sneaking suspicion that pet jobs are the way to go for Intense Ambuscade this month.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-09-06 03:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
We just had another go at Intense. Not a full party, so not trying for a win or anything. But we did notice some things.

PLD ran in and pulled the horde. Me on PUP went and grabbed the NIN mega boss with PLD puppet and pulled it to the very far corner. It didn't use that random target one-shot move on anyone. PLD puppet tanks the NIN boss like a pro. 90-100 regular hits, to 300 with crits. x2 Light Maneuver with Auto-Repair Kit IV was able to counter the damage dealt by the NIN on the puppet.

Here's where things got interesting. We had a SCH who was trying to do self skillchains with nukes. I wasn't able to see this, but the adds have some sort of counter move anytime a nuke is used on them. However, a SMN BP on them and they didn't counter that move.

I've got a very sneaking suspicion that pet jobs are the way to go for Intense Ambuscade this month.

Great, where's Psion? I need you this month, galka.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-09-06 03:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

On the Gnole fight as far as I can tell and what my LS members were telling me:

It's magic resistant to everything but light damage apparently. (I didn't test it myself but supposedly it absorbs dark damage.)

On my RUN/BLU on Very Difficult I took between 70-100 damage per melee hit so PLD should have no issue Flashing/Voking and going off to make a sandwich.

IF Plenilune Embrace is based on moon phase it's currently healing itself for 5K HP w/ the New Moon up. Let's say that's roughly 1% HP so 500K HP total for VD Normal.

Looks to be a melee zerg fight.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-09-06 04:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Normal Ambuscade on VD is cake. Very much a zerg fight.

On all 4's it has massive DT, but when it stands, it takes normal damage. We just trio'd it with a PUP, SMN, and COR. We initially thought we saw a magic bursted Dia III from Koru Moru made the Gnole stand up, but after it went back down on all 4's we tested to see if that trick would work again, but it didn't.

It seems to be time based. But still, a pretty easy fight.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-06 04:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anybody with access to WAR mind testing to see if Tomahawk will remove or lower his DT while he's on all fours? If it does, you're probably looking at sub 1 minute fights.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-09-06 04:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I concur on the stances being timed, nothing we did whether it was SC+MB otherwise forced it on it's hind legs. The difference btwn the two stances in terms of it's damage taken were noticeable though. Time to get 50K Hallmarks before the campaign starts, cheers!
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-09-06 04:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura Claw is only think need to worry about about on regular can 1 shot with ease. Which geo spell would you use to reduce the damage of that? It's a physical move. Vex/attunement?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-09-06 04:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Asura Claw is only think need to worry about about on regular can 1 shot with ease. Which geo spell would you use to reduce the damage of that? It's a physical move. Vex/attunement?

It never Asuran clawed me, if it did I laughed it off and didn't notice. It kept using some plague/atk- move on me which was more annoying than dangerous.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-09-06 04:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Lakshmi.Konvict said: »

It never Asuran clawed me, if it did I laughed it off and didn't notice. It kept using some plague/atk- move on me which was more annoying than dangerous.
Odd I was only dd doing it with rdm whm war brd geo and qulada on VD and it almost killed me. I'm not sure
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-09-06 04:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I was RUN/BLU... Cocoon/Protect 5 gave me 1700 defense no food.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2016-09-06 05:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah I was on war yea schzero and phalanx didn't help much either lol
 Asura.Yankke
Server: Asura
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Yankke 2016-09-06 12:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Mamool Intense Ambuscade VD any tips!? </3
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-09-06 12:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomahawk does increase gnole's damage-taken in first form. (Yes he's easy, but I wanted to war-tank him this month)

Tested with pld, war/pld, and sch/drk (lol, testing)

Without, shield and weapon bashes were 100, 7, and 7 (twice).

With, bashes were 131, 9, and 9. Warped out and re-entered each time so he stayed in first form.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-09-06 18:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

fast warp place to hit up some beasts ?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2016-09-06 18:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you only get enough tickets for one HQ set?
[+]
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2016-09-06 18:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just attempted to solo Intense on VE, and here are my observations.

There are five mobs:

Bozzeto Protector (PLD, Wivre Rider model)
Bozzeto Erudite (WHM/BLM, caster Mamool model)
Bozzeto Moraingist (MNK/BRD, Sahagin model)
Bozzeto Lancer (DRG, melee Mamool model)
Bozzeto Autarch (NIN, Gulool Ja Ja model)

Bozzeto Protector does standard Wivre Rider stuff, including Blazing Angon, and a new TP move called Cyclonic Flames. He also uses Paladin magic, and will use Invincible at low HP.

Bozzeto Erudite casts standard whm and blm spells (including TV and VI nukes and stun), -ga enfeebles, and can Benediction.

Bozzeto Moraingist sings songs, uses Hundred Fists, and uses a unique TP move called Fetid Flood.

Bozzeto Lancer will summon 3 wyverns upon being damaged, can use Lethe Assault and Groundburst, uses Spirit Surge.

Bozzeto Autarch uses standard ninjutsu, and can use all of Gulool's special TP moves, except that he replaces Vorpal Wheel with a move called Hemotoxin Wheel, which does very high damage (~1300 on VE with ~1100 defense), ~50/tic poison, and charm. This is very likely to be the OHKO move that people have been mentioning in other testimonies.

I almost won, but made the mistake of casting on Autarch, which led to me getting charmed. I then followed him back to the center of the room, where I proceeded to die to poison in a place I couldn't RR up from.

On VE, I didn't notice any DT on the boss.

Edit: I won on my second try, and the boss did not use Mijin Gakure (on VE).
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-06 18:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Making some progress on Intense Ambuscade. We managed to knock off aura on Wivre, but unfortunately don't know how. We then got a message that said "Your foes' leader grows ever more oppressive!". I'm assuming you have to knock off aura on all the adds to get rid of the aura on boss. Also he does a 90k damage 30'+ AoE Mijin Gakure after 50%.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-09-06 18:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to bring a PUP and use the Automaton as a sacrificial lamb
 Ragnarok.Relapse
Server: Ragnarok
user: Relapse13
By Ragnarok.Relapse 2016-09-06 19:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't mind me asking, what was your setup when you broke aura on wivre? I did a few runs before work on normal, no matter what order I killed nothing seemed to change with boss. Tried nuking with colors of aura etc. On every run I only saw Mijin go off below 10%, maybe just from only being normal or just being lucky. Also it might have been just from lack of sleep or something, but I swear the boss aura went from light to dark around 5% or so and he started spamming utsu:san spells. idk.. setup for these runs were PLD WHM BRD GEO
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-06 19:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Relapse said: »
I swear the boss aura went from light to dark around 5% or so and he started spamming utsu:san spells
That's correct, his aura changes to dark when he starts spamming :San spells and follows up with Mijin Gakure. On D that happens at 50%.

Our setup we're testing with is RUN NIN BLU BRD GEO WHM. Didn't notice anything special before breaking the aura except a Blade: Ten 4 seconds before (No SC) and a Daken proc. Only the boss and the Wivre were up when we got it as well.

Tried messing around with DRG Mamool's aura by killing the Wyverns, but after killing 4 sets of Wyverns and one set being killed at the same time with Tenebral Crush, we had no luck with him.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-09-06 19:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

From Intense:

Seems to happen when an add is left alive for too long after using its SP Ability. Noticed the Mage broke its staff when it happened and the aura dropped as well. Happened to be the last add alive, and the boss also lost aura.

edit: oh, people are awake now and I'm sloooow

also the Sahagin has a WS called Sucker Punch (single-target, damage+stun) and the mage has Leste Assault (single-target, 3min Silence+Amnesia)
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-09-06 20:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, post on 2ch saying they were able to get the auras off them by doing lvl 2 ws's in order based on the aura colors.

So something like
Gravitation -> Protector
Frag -> Moraingist
Dist -> Lancer
Fusion -> Erudite

Haven't had time to test it personally, but if anyone else wants to make a go at it!
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-06 20:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

We got messages from doing that, but aura didn't go off. Boss didn't get nerfed either.

Edit: It's actually a different message. Doing T2 skillchains says "The foes grow ever more oppressive" instead of "The foes' leader grows ever more oppressive".
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2016-09-06 20:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What were the messages?

Maybe have to do the sc's multiple times?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-09-06 20:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Edited above post. No clue. We originally knocked aura off Wivre by just doing water damage from Unda runes, auto attacking the mage/dragoon to death to break their weapon. Weren't able to break the Sahagin's aura. We were recommended to do Fire/Light rune damage, but we couldn't get any luck with it.
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 28 29 30