New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
First Page 2 3 4 5
VIP
By Kalila 2015-08-24 14:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Reviews are out, and it's looking good for the early reviews (but could simply be scores for good publicity). We'll see more of what people think about it in the coming week up to release, but here they are:

Summary:
DESTRUCTOID - 9/10
EGM[NOW] - 9.5/10
GAMESPOT - 10/10
GAMETRAILERS - 9.3/10
IGN - 10/10
LazyGamer - 9.2/10
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-24 14:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

<boing>! I cannot wait to once again play with my snake!

What's a good comparison? 1-2-3-or 4?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-08-24 14:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This game doesn't need good publicity, its Kojima's last Metal Gear game, its going to sell itself. Thats why they don't care if the reviews come out a week early. 95 on Metacritic with 20 reviews.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-08-24 17:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I have it reserved and will be streaming when its out
[+]
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-25 02:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

When has Hideo Kojima ever failed to make any Metal Gear game epic. This is one of the few franchises where Scores and Reviews mean very little if anything at all. After Hideo leaves and Konami continues Metal Gear w/o him then reviews shall be interesting to see how well Konami handles the series w/o the legend himself.
By fonewear 2015-08-25 13:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just pre ordered it today.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-25 20:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite being a fan of the series who played almost every installment, I decided not to get this one, at least not for full retail price. The Ground Zeros release was a major disappointment, basically a demo for $40 (I only paid $9 but still!), it really killed all the hype and anticipation I had for this game. Did anyone feel the same?

Anyways, for those who are going to get it at release, I hope it'll be worth your money and live up to the MGS name.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-08-25 20:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played any of the games or demos, however D's bought all the demos and I'm like "WHY?! It's a demo!!!".

I will be playing this one though just to see what the game is about.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-25 21:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
I haven't played any of the games or demos, however D's bought all the demos and I'm like "WHY?! It's a demo!!!".

I will be playing this one though just to see what the game is about.
Oh? Not even the more recent ones? I hope you enjoy this one, but I'm sure you know that MGS is story-driven, and its story telling is one of its strong points. I wouldn't expect the story to appeal as much to new comers to the series, but who knows? Maybe you'll like PP and then go on to have a blast playing all the old ones :)
By fonewear 2015-08-25 21:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care about the story too much. And I've played most Metal Gear I just enjoy the stealth aspect.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-25 21:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Despite being a fan of the series who played almost every installment, I decided not to get this one, at least not for full retail price. The Ground Zeros release was a major disappointment, basically a demo for $40 (I only paid $9 but still!), it really killed all the hype and anticipation I had for this game. Did anyone feel the same?

Anyways, for those who are going to get it at release, I hope it'll be worth your money and live up to the MGS name.
No it was $20 and Hideo made it clear beforehand that this was just a taste of what was to come. That wasn't a full game lol that was the intro to the one otw atm.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-25 22:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, it was $40 for the physical copy and $30 for the digital (on PS4 and Xbox One)at release. Pretty pricey for a demo. People recently raged at The Order for the short story mode. Ground Zeros was much worse, so I don't get how anyone who disliked The Order would even think of getting PP.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-08-25 22:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I played it for free on PS+
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-25 23:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, it was $40 for the physical copy and $30 for the digital (on PS4 and Xbox One)at release. Pretty pricey for a demo. People recently raged at The Order for the short story mode. Ground Zeros was much worse, so I don't get how anyone who disliked The Order would even think of getting PP.
Had to go bk and recheck price point but w/e as if Ground Zeroes has tarnished the MGS franchise to the point, due to longevity issues, that the MGS series ain't worth it any longer... serious?
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-26 10:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, that wasn't what I said. Read my posts again.

It seems that you're pretty hyped to the point of forgetting how much you paid ;) ...or maybe you got it after the discount.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-26 10:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sums up Ground Zeroes:

[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-26 11:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, that wasn't what I said. Read my posts again.

It seems that you're pretty hyped to the point of forgetting how much you paid ;) ...or maybe you got it after the discount.
Oh?
Quote:
short story mode. Ground Zeros was much worse, so I don't get how anyone who disliked The Order would even think of getting PP.
Ground Zeroes has nothing to do with Phantom Pain's longevity? You're right.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-26 12:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

GZ and PP comprise one game. The Order 1886 billed itself as a full game where anyone who took a few seconds to read up on MGSV would know that they were being sold an introduction. The Order sets up a sequel but that's about it.

Also, The Order was a full priced game.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-26 12:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I decided not to get this one, at least not for full retail price.
Ragnarok.Zeig said:

Not sure what point you strongly disagree about here, Akson. Can you let go and live with the fact that there are people who think Ground Zeroes was a disappointment, and are not as hyped for PP as you? It's not like anyone is trying to force you to change your mind here.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-26 12:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
GZ and PP comprise one game
They charge $40 + $60 at release, though.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-08-26 12:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

*sigh*

It's page 1 people.

stop arguing.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-08-26 12:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt there are that many people that still care about the pricepoint of Ground Zeroes, especially since its been released for free on both PS4 and X1. Its not going to have any impact on the sales of PP. Fans of the series didn't swear off the finale because of a demo.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-26 12:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

GZ and PP comprise one game
They charge $40 + $60 at release, though.

Which was a clear cashgrab from the get-go. It was beaten to death and anyone with common sense who heard the main scenario was only a few hours (if that) long waited until subsequent price drops.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-08-26 12:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I doubt there are that many people that still care about the pricepoint of Ground Zeroes, especially since its been released for free on both PS4 and X1. Its not going to have any impact on the sales of PP. Fans of the series didn't swear off the finale because of a demo.

Agreed I got it for free from PS plus. If you read the review of the game (which you should do) people would know how short Ground Zeroes was before buying.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-08-26 13:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
*sigh*

It's page 1 people.

stop arguing.
Hai, purple-bar lady Kali.

a clear cashgrab
All I've been trying to say is that I lost a lot of respect for them for that, and that's why I only thought about buying it when the price dropped to $9....which made me lose even more respect after beating it in less than two hours, and I play my games at a snail's pace (fooled around for at least 30 min in GZ).
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-08-26 13:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you only put 2 hours into GZ then you didn't even play all the content. It has 5 missions plus 2 secret missions.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-26 21:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Zeig said....
No offense man but what you're complaining about is blatantly ignorant of facts. You we're right about the price tag, tho I recall paying $20 day one in my mind atleast, it's easy enough to google such info. The issue I have is that YOU knew. EVERYONE knew. It was easily obtainable info pre-launch what to expect from Ground Zeroes so........ KNOWING that ......You cannot complain about paying $10 nor compare Ground Zeroes to full blown games. You're being ignorant of the facts and I guess on purpose or due to lack of knowledge of MGS history. Not a big deal.... just Phantom Pain will = Game of the Year caliber dev and I don't need any reviews nor even see/play the game to know what to expect. Just sayin :x
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-08-26 22:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you two want to slapfight over something this trivial, do it in PMs.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-26 22:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I never gave the MSG series much attention, it just seemed like another cookie cutter shooter from the trailers. I might have to give them a look.

Also, Rooks, take a night off, we haven't had a good slapfight in ages.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-08-26 22:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

TY Rooks :<
First Page 2 3 4 5