Lakshmi.Deces
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-18 15:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Classic clinton...
Clinton Surrogate: We’ll Win Because We Will Have the ‘Ugly Women’ Vote
http://www.mediaite.com/online/clinton-surrogate-well-win-because-we-will-have-the-ugly-women-vote/
By Altimaomega 2016-05-22 18:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/begrudging-wapo-poll-trump-46-clinton-44/article/2591982
Quote:
Washington Post poll on the presidential race reveals that Republican Donald Trump leads Democrat Hillary Clinton among registered voters 46 percent to 44 percent.

"At this point, the two candidates are in a statistical dead heat among registered voters, with Trump favored by 46 percent and Clinton favored by 44 percent. That represents an 11-point shift toward the presumptive Republican nominee since March. Among all adults, Clinton holds a six-point lead (48 percent to 42 percent), down from 18 points in March."

That happened faster than I though it would.. Not even counting the millions of people that are going to vote for him that are not even registered. Clinton can't claim any of that.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2016-05-22 18:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I also forgot about the millions of democrats that will vote for him when Clinton "beats" Bernie.. /laugh
 Quetzalcoatl.Eradius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dashuto
By Quetzalcoatl.Eradius 2016-05-23 12:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
Oh, I also forgot about the millions of democrats that will vote for him when Clinton "beats" Bernie.. /laugh

Even from all the way in Australia, we feel the heat of the American election in daily media.

I really wonder whats going to happen when Bernie throws in the towel. I mean- I factually know what will go on yes. What I wait to see is just how bad the bernie voters flip out at their own party. It has the potential to be the first of what may be many "in your face" events that have been showing up in spurts during the election trail.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-05-23 12:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Eradius said: »
Even from all the way in Australia, we feel the heat of the American election in daily media.

I really wonder whats going to happen when Bernie throws in the towel. I mean- I factually know what will go on yes. What I wait to see is just how bad the bernie voters flip out at their own party. It has the potential to be the first of what may be many "in your face" events that have been showing up in spurts during the election trail.
The thing is, a large portion of his base do not consider themselves Democrats, and aren't registered as such. This is part of why Bernie loses bad in some states, if they require people to be registered to the Democratic party to vote for a candidate. Both parties are being challenged by the energy created by Sanders and Trump, but on the Democrats side, support is coming more from "outside-in" with the Republicans being more "inside-out".
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-23 13:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I see it, the longer this goes on the more Hillary should worry, and not just for the conventional wisdom where having more time to prepare for the general is advantageous to the her campaign. If Hillary had been thoroughly stomping Bernie in almost every state, I get the feeling that Bernie's supporters would have just shrugged and jumped on the Hillary bandwagon. But when you have what boils down to a fairly close match between a big-money establishment darling and a grassroots champion of the people? Well, let's see.... It's close enough now that Sanders is attacking the establishment for rigging the game and his supporters will be able to claim (true or not) that Hillary won because of unfair primary elections and the unfair superdelegate system.

At the end of all this, Hillary has to convince people to drag themselves to the polls to vote for her after she "stole" the nomination from the underdog. Quite frankly, I think the Democrats are overestimating how much the public hates Trump, and I'm not sure the anti-Trump vote will be enough to get the more fervent Sanders supporters on board.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-23 13:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shades of Chicago 1968 a'la George McGovern and Eugene McCarthy getting blindsided by Hubert Humphrey and Edmund Muskie. Looking like we're gonna get a repeat at both conventions this year.
 Lakshmi.Deces
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-23 14:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary Threatens Bill's Accusers

Flashback... 1998
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-23 14:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

The way I see it, the longer this goes on the more Hillary should worry, and not just for the conventional wisdom where having more time to prepare for the general is advantageous to the her campaign. If Hillary had been thoroughly stomping Bernie in almost every state, I get the feeling that Bernie's supporters would have just shrugged and jumped on the Hillary bandwagon. But when you have what boils down to a fairly close match between a big-money establishment darling and a grassroots champion of the people? Well, let's see.... It's close enough now that Sanders is attacking the establishment for rigging the game and his supporters will be able to claim (true or not) that Hillary won because of unfair primary elections and the unfair superdelegate system.

At the end of all this, Hillary has to convince people to drag themselves to the polls to vote for her after she "stole" the nomination from the underdog. Quite frankly, I think the Democrats are overestimating how much the public hates Trump, and I'm not sure the anti-Trump vote will be enough to get the more fervent Sanders supporters on board.

Trumps support with women and minorities is in the toilet, despite Clinton's obvious weaknesses across the board. As a candidate her coalition game and ground plays are well ahead of what Trump has in his arsenal. You know, the same guy that refers to people as 'the blacks'.

Trump is going to depend on a heavy white, male turnout to win the election or the ability for Melania to convince women the guy isn't a Mad Men dinosaur. A Republican primary is not a general election and being close in the polls before the real race starts is meaningless.

Sanders issue is beyond a vocal minority, he's still well behind the Clinton machine and the Dems would rather a steady transition to Clinton off Obama rather than the unstable element that is Sanders. I still think he'd be better in a race v. Trump but im not registered Democrat, the DNC or superdelegates now am I?
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-05-23 17:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump is running a positive campaign on jobs, the economy and national security. He says nothing negative about Democrats.

Hillary is running on a campaign of "You don't want Donald Trump to be President." The rest of the time she spends trashing Republicans in general.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-05-23 17:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

cough Crooked Hillary cough
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-23 17:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump says something negative about Democrats every single day, particularly the Clintons. He also says plenty of negative things about Republicans. This is easily the most negative general election of all time, nothing about either campaign so far is "positive."
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-05-23 19:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It is perfectly fine to point out the atrocious records of the Clintons when running against Hillary Clinton. He does not trash Democrats as a whole like Clinton trashes all Republicans. He is eager to work with them. She trashes half of the Country every speech. She will never unite people. It's four more years of gridlock with Clinton. Discussing the record of Hillary Clinton is by it's very nature going to be negative.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-05-23 19:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That's likely because he used to be a democrat up until he realized it was easier to win as a republican.

Frankly, even I'm impressed with Trump at this point. Republicans spent a decade weeding out RINOs, yet somehow, he got the republican base to vote for him as the nominatee.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-23 19:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump is running the most negative campaign we have ever seen. He trashes Democrats, Republicans, Hispanics, Muslims, Women, African-Americans, honestly, there is no one he hasn't slandered. Then he goes on twitter and eats a taco salad proclaiming his love for Hispanics, as if. He has no desire to work with Congress, he hasn't released a single viable plan for anything. He can't even unify the Republican party, much less the country.
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-23 19:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Deces said: »
women's card, that's rich...
42yr old man. 12yr old girl. Maybe she'll win over the pedophile rapist vote w/ this news.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-05-23 19:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

He hasn't trashed anyone in that list actually. You can't show me one quote of Donald Trump trashing Democrats, Hispanics, Women, or African-Americans.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2016-05-23 19:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Trump is running the most negative campaign we have ever seen. He trashes Democrats, Republicans, Hispanics, Muslims, Women, African-Americans, honestly, there is no one he hasn't slandered. Then he goes on twitter and eats a taco salad proclaiming his love for Hispanics, as if. He has no desire to work with Congress, he hasn't released a single viable plan for anything. He can't even unify the Republican party, much less the country.

He hasn't said anything negative about non-Chinese/Japanese asians! Everyone always forgets about us non-Chinese/Japanese asians.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-23 19:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump is running the most negative campaign we have ever seen. He trashes.. Hispanics,
Ilegal immigrants =/= the majority of Hispanics in the USA
Muslims,
wants stricter screening process of potential threats?
Women,
w/e
African-Americans,
"the Blacks" = Racism?
Then he goes on twitter and eats a taco salad proclaiming his love for Hispanics, as if.
The only way to prove your devout love for mankind is to accept the idea that all Hispanics are ilegal immigrants?

Yeah he's really negative pointing out serious modern day issues and expressing his opinion
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-05-23 20:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

That'll be a very sad day. For as much as I've bashed Bernie. I would still love to see him prove himself, that he is who he claims he is. He atleast talks a good one. Hilary has way too many issues to be trust worthy.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-24 09:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Like macaroni to a canadian, it's gold.

so is the medal for ***posting?..

I don't get it...are you going for some sort of a record? or do you just not have any coherent thoughts that you would like to share with the group?

I usually don't have correspondence with detergents who are less then 2% of the population.

I'm not asking you to exchange love letters in the mail dickwad....
also, can I be Tide? or is that one already taken?
and three, everyone is less than 2% of the population numbnuts...

the world population is over 7 billion...so you are saying you will only correspond through the mail with groups of 140 million and higher...

mmk
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2016-05-24 09:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

The more fervent Sanders supporters are going Trump anyway; Trump represents the "blow it all up" vote, and that's what they actually want. Hillary is in a lot more trouble than she realizes - she should have put Sanders away months ago and couldn't get it done.

My mind is blown at how thoroughly the leadership of both parties have *** the dog in this cycle.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-24 09:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cruz Missive said: »
Trump represents the "blow it all up" vote, and that's what they actually want.

I just don't get that mindset.

I get wanting to fix the current system.

But...they're not really alike in any way other than wanting the current system changed. There are similarities on the surface, but they're two very, very, very different people when it comes to how to go about these changes.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-24 09:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump represents the "blow it all up" vote, and that's what they actually want

It's surprising to some how many of us *** there really are around...

we are legion and we demand riots on tv!

/puts on tinfoil spartan helmet

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2016-05-24 09:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

These are not people who subscribe to notions like "nuance" or "facts"
By Ramyrez 2016-05-24 09:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

These are not people who subscribe to notions like "nuance" or "facts"

Yeah...oh well. Not a lot I can do other than vote and hope.

And start digging a Fallout-style Vault, I guess...?

*shrug*
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-24 09:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

we demand riots on tv!
You would love rl hunger games wouldn't you?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-24 09:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The revolution will not be televised!...or will it Gill Scott Heron?
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-24 09:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-05-24 09:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
we demand riots on tv!
You would love rl hunger games wouldn't you?

no... but only because I hated the movie.

I could go for some roman gladiatorial combat though with adults.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 216 217 218