First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 216 217 218
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-05-05 17:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Titanfoo said: »
real Mexican food is amazing, anyone that wouldn't eat it has personal issues.

or has never been very hungry.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-05 17:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
It's cool, most people here (the US) seem to have difficulty understanding Texmex isn't actually Mexican food. Heavily inspired, but very much different.
Most people here probably wouldn't eat real Mexican food... Or Chinese food for that matter.

It's usually a matter of spice.

From my own personally experience, most American people have stupidly low spice tolerance. Particularly if they didn't grow up in places with fairly high Hispanic and South/South-East Asian culinary influences.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-05 17:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It's cool, most people here (the US) seem to have difficulty understanding Texmex isn't actually Mexican food. Heavily inspired, but very much different.
Most people here probably wouldn't eat real Mexican food... Or Chinese food for that matter.

From my own personally experience, most American people have stupidly low spice tolerance. Particularly if they didn't grow up in places with fairly high Hispanic and South/South-East Asian culinary influences.
There are also taboos that Americans have like eating raw fish in the case of Japanese food I dunno a good equivalent for Mexican food. I think there are old, traditional dishes made with horse meat in some areas but Americans won't eat horse.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-05 17:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

And by "personal experience" I mean my time in the culinary business. In which the question I was probably asked the most was if something was spicy. And usually, if it was anything that wasn't a bell pepper, they'd scrunch up their face in disgust and say no thanks.

Poblano Pepper Poppers were an exception, because the cream cheese helped balance the heat.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-05 17:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

First thing people here think if you say mexican food it's spiciy beans.

Actually, it's the only thing.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-05 17:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

You really need to win some money and do a global food adventure. There's good stuff out there.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-05 17:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There are also taboos that Americans have like eating raw fish in the case of Japanese food I dunno a good equivalent for Mexican food. I think there are old, traditional dishes made with horse meat in some areas but Americans won't eat horse.
The raw fish deal has a good basis for the fear, even if it is very much overdone. The United states is significantly bigger then many of the countries that serve raw/near raw meat. Getting a hold of legitimately caught-that-day fresh fish/butchered-that-day beef in certain areas is nearly impossible.

Most butchers in the U.S. receive what are basically chunks of already dead animal and just process those into cuts of meat we're familiar with.

Fish can be shipped on ice, to avoid freezing it while maintaining a certain degree of freshness, but not nearly enough to serve raw. Quick Frozen fish, however, can be safely served raw. As safely served as non well done beef, anyway.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-05-05 17:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

You really need to win some money and do a global food adventure. There's good stuff out there.

*** that, she lives in god damn Italy, you or I would be far better suited since we live in the cultural wasteland that is the 'midwest usa'. god damn it girlboy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-05 17:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Southern California is a wonderful place to visit if you want to experience lots of mostly genuine foreign cuisine.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-05-05 17:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

think spice, meat, cheese, shell

covers a lot of it.
By Altimaomega 2016-05-05 17:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I must live in an odd area considering I can eat fresh this day fish, beef, really anything tbh.

Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-05-05 17:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to Ikea for genuine Swedish food lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-05 18:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

covers a lot of it.
Cheese isn't really a big component in Mexican food. That's more Tex-Mex.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-05 18:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

*** that, she lives in god damn Italy, you or I would be far better suited since we live in the cultural wasteland that is the 'midwest usa'. god damn it girlboy.
There are several things she said she's never tried.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-05 18:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Jetackuu said: »

covers a lot of it.
Cheese isn't really a big component in Mexican food. That's more Tex-Mex.
Actual Mexican food typically doesn't even have a "shell", also colloquially known as a "tortilla". It looks more like this:

Well, unless it's to impress gringos, as street food or as a means to have leftovers.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-05 18:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So many gabachos...it ain't Mexican if it ain't Oaxacan
 Odin.Strummer
Server: Odin
By Odin.Strummer 2016-05-05 18:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Southern California is a wonderful place to visit if you want to experience lots of mostly genuine foreign cuisine.

It's truly a culinary wonderland.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-05 18:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Strummer said: »

It's truly a culinary wonderland.
More so than New York?

Tbat's crazy talk.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-05 18:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

DAMN YOU, NO EDITING! I OBVIOUSLY MEANT TO TYPE H. DAMN YOU TO HELL!!
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-05 18:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix is probably got more going on than New York due to all the East Coast transplants migrating to the 7th ring of hell.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-05 18:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I live in Phoenix, and aside from Chino Bandito (Chinese/Mexican fusion) and Señor Sushi (Mexican sushi), there's really not much variety here.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-05 18:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not getting out of that north end area much.

Try:

La Phoenician
San Tan Brewery
Lo-Lo's
Sardella's
Charm Thai
Salty Senorita
Spinato's
Portillo's
Detroit Coney Dogs
The Counter
Blue Hound
AZ 88

I could go on.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-05 18:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***guys... I just realized something.

Ok, so, just admit it, the Republican party has been absolute ***lately due to the aftermath of the Bush administration and the emergence of crazies like the Tea Party, birthers, etc. and the party needs to die, it needs to die in a fire.

"Trump is too divisive!" "Trump is destroying the Republican party!"

What if, just what if...he actually knows what he's doing, what if he's intentionally trying to destroy the GOP as it stands atm? In short, what if he is actually doing some good that is hidden behind what everyone sees as him doing something bad?

Ted Cruz, John Kasich, Marco Rubio... To be fair, a vote for them is a vote for the same *** as Bush, McCain, and Romney but a vote for Trump is Russian roulette. It could be a click or a bang.

I'm not sure how optimistic I want to be here but I am a little optimistic that we won't be completely ***.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-05 19:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You just realized that rly?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-05 19:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
So many gabachos...it ain't Mexican if it ain't Oaxacan

I'm hungry :(
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-05 19:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Lo-Lo's
Admittedly, out of your list, this is the only one I've been to, and I've never really been a fan of chicken and waffles. The grits are pretty good, though.

Ok, so, just admit it, the Republican party has been absolute ***lately due to the aftermath of the Bush administration and the emergence of crazies like the Tea Party, birthers, etc. and the party needs to die, it needs to die in a fire.

What if, just what if...he actually knows what he's doing, what if he's intentionally trying to destroy the GOP as it stands atm? In short, what if he is actually doing some good that is hidden behind what everyone sees as him doing something bad?

Ted Cruz, John Kasich, Marco Rubio... To be fair, a vote for them is a vote for the same *** as Bush, McCain, and Romney but a vote for Trump is Russian roulette. It could be a click or a bang.

I'm not sure how optimistic I want to be here but I am a little optimistic that we won't be completely ***.
Yeah, that's the current theory. Cons are claiming he's secretly working for Clinton. Also, 9/11 was an inside job, Jimmy Hoffa shot both Kennedys and Waldo was never actually lost to begin with.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-05 19:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
You just realized that rly?
Yeah. Previously, I saw him as a loudmouth nutjob who's only in the race to be in front of a camera and show his metaphorical ***. But his pretty much being the nominee and Republican senators and Paul Ryan not wanting to support him, voters burning their I'd cards, etc. I see it slightly different now.

I used to also just assume he was a Democrat plant to just *** ***up.
By Altimaomega 2016-05-05 19:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you actually being serious right now? Several of us have been trying to point this out for a long time.

Yeah. Previously, I saw him as a loudmouth nutjob who's only in the race to be in front of a camera and show his metaphorical ***. But his pretty much being the nominee and Republican senators and Paul Ryan not wanting to support him, voters burning their I'd cards, etc. I see it slightly different now.

I used to also just assume he was a Democrat plant to just *** ***up.

Why did this all of the sudden dawn on you? This is really fascinating if you are being honest.

I'm not being sarcastic or anything right now I really want to know!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 19:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Deces said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
foreign cars are built here to save money because of the cost they would have to pay from import/ dock fees, It's called tariffs. I know you run a sweat shop full of smelly midget immigrant from the south, even you should understand.
Tariffs are taxes, not docking fees.

Because if you consider docking fees as tariffs, you would also consider the cost to transport the goods from the foreign nation to the nation of sale as a tariff also, which is also incorrect.

Docking fees, along with transportation costs, are costs associated with moving product from the warehouse/factory to the wholesale store.
I was associating dock fees as saving with tariffs as reasons for foreign manufactures building here, come on smalls.
You do realize with free trade agreements, there are no more tariffs associated with goods and services anymore, right?

Your whole argument hinged with tariffs, which do not exist anymore.
You are so full of ***, everyone can see it in your eyes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tariffs_in_the_United_States
Thank you for proving my point.

Out of all those tariffs, how many are still in existence?

The answer? Zero.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 19:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, sorry to break the Mexican Food/Trump saving the world topics.
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 216 217 218