Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-05 15:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Are we talking about bringing back heavy manufacturing to the US or wut?
There are ways to do it, but no politician would want to do it.

Liberal left would eat them alive.

Less politics, more explaining what this master plan is.
 Lakshmi.Deces
user: Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-05 15:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Deces said: »
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
I'm fairly certain there's no way local companies with offshore factories would open factories here unless they could make more money from them here than they were elsewhere. Which would mean having comparable wages, benefits and workplace safety.

Which means dropping current regulations we have to protect employees from Industrial Revolution ***.
Explain why there are still multinationals who build factories here then.
Tariffs...
Wrong, free trade agreements remove tariffs.

There are more factors in investment in a society than just labor and any possible tax implications....
I don't think so, TFW You realize the only foreign car & firearm manufactures build in America only because of tariff rates.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-05 15:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

It's huge, and its gonna make America great again.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-05 15:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fairly certain there's no way local companies with offshore factories would open factories here unless they could make more money from them here than they were elsewhere. Which would mean having comparable wages, benefits and workplace safety.

Which means dropping current regulations we have to protect employees from Industrial Revolution ***.
Tariffs...

There are more factors in investment in a society than just labor and any possible tax implications....
I don't think so, TFW You realize the only foreign car & firearm manufactures build in America only because of tariff rates.

I don't know why the focus is on factories when the stocks of multinationals are going to be taking the real hit if Trump backs up what he says, if president.
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-05 15:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Never forget...

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-05 15:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did he buy his Klan hoodie from a Chinese knockoff dealer? Because it looks that way.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-05 15:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, never forget that Byrd spent his later years as a Senator atoning for his past views on race.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 15:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt you would understand it, but here it goes:

1. Impose a foreign income tax and remove foreign tax credits for business income from operations.
2. Allow a one-time repatriation income tax of 10% for all off-shore frozen income over prior years (what Apple and Microsoft were accused of abusing in years past).
3. Remove MACRS from the tax code. It was great, but with bonus depreciation and Section 179 on the books, it's become irrelevant now. Might as well make all capital investments expenses instead.
4. Institute in the federal budget foreign investment incentives (take away from the Defense Budget instead) to help with states with higher unemployment rates to encourage foreign investments (could be state foreign or national foreign, both have equal merits).
5. Include a tax incentive for multinationals repatriating investments that show (through either annual reports or a separate tax form) closing down factories overseas and building domestically.
6. Include a tax incentive for multinationals in investing in smaller companies who supply to those said multinationals (Toyota is a perfect example of a company who invests in small, local companies for their parts here in the US).

That should at least spur some positive growth for both domestic and foreign multinational companies (you know, those companies that took the jobs overseas) while also spurring small and medium-sized businesses to grow (which is the brunt of the national workforce. Not every job is made from Walmart or GM).
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 15:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Tariffs...

Can you name an example?
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-05 15:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Tariffs...

Can you name an example?
Can you name a foreign car manufacture that makes cars here?
By Jetackuu 2016-05-05 15:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Honda.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-05 16:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Volkswagen.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 16:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Tariffs...

Can you name an example?
Let me rephrase the question.

Can you name an example of a tariff that these foreign car and/or firearm manufacturers are bypassing by building in America?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-05-05 16:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Toyota.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 16:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

BMW

....wait a minute
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-05-05 16:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Mercedes-Benz
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-05 16:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Tariffs...

Can you name an example?
Let me rephrase the question.

Can you name an example of a tariff that these foreign car and/or firearm manufacturers are bypassing by building in America?
foreign cars are built here to save money because of the cost they would have to pay from import/ dock fees, It's called tariffs. I know you run a sweat shop full of smelly midget immigrant from the south, even you should understand.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 16:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

foreign cars are built here to save money because of the cost they would have to pay from import/ dock fees, It's called tariffs. I know you run a sweat shop full of smelly midget immigrant from the south, even you should understand.
Tariffs are taxes, not docking fees.

Because if you consider docking fees as tariffs, you would also consider the cost to transport the goods from the foreign nation to the nation of sale as a tariff also, which is also incorrect.

Docking fees, along with transportation costs, are costs associated with moving product from the warehouse/factory to the wholesale store.
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-05 16:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Because if you consider docking fees as tariffs, you would also consider the cost to transport the goods from the foreign nation to the nation of sale as a tariff also, which is also incorrect.

Docking fees, along with transportation costs, are costs associated with moving product from the warehouse/factory to the wholesale store.
I was associating dock fees as saving with tariffs as reasons for foreign manufactures building here, come on smalls.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-05 16:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I was associating dock fees as saving with tariffs as reasons for foreign manufactures building here, come on smalls.
You do realize with free trade agreements, there are no more tariffs associated with goods and services anymore, right?

Your whole argument hinged with tariffs, which do not exist anymore.
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-05 16:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize with free trade agreements, there are no more tariffs associated with goods and services anymore, right?

Your whole argument hinged with tariffs, which do not exist anymore.
You are so full of ***, everyone can see it in your eyes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tariffs_in_the_United_States
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-05-05 16:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

this is so god damn awesome.

I can't imagine a taco salad is even mexican food, is it?
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-05-05 16:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
this is so god damn awesome.

I can't imagine a taco salad is even mexican food, is it?

Quote:
Danny O'Dwyer ‏@dannyodwyer 3 hours ago

@realDonaldTrump C'mon man, even your Mexican food has a wall.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-05 16:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It definitely isn't.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-05-05 16:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It definitely isn't.

you'll have to pardon my ignorance on the matter, I'm damn near in canada up here.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-05 17:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's cool, most people here (the US) seem to have difficulty understanding Texmex isn't actually Mexican food. Heavily inspired, but very much different.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-05 17:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-05 17:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's cool, most people here (the US) seem to have difficulty understanding Texmex isn't actually Mexican food. Heavily inspired, but very much different.
Most people here probably wouldn't eat real Mexican food... Or Chinese food for that matter.
[+]
By Titanfoo 2016-05-05 17:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Most people here probably wouldn't eat real Mexican food... Or Chinese food for that matter.

real Mexican food is amazing, anyone that wouldn't eat it has personal issues.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Deces
By Lakshmi.Deces 2016-05-05 17:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Any of you hope & changers remember this?
YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 216 217 218