Link | Quote | Reply

Lina (ID:61696443)
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-18 19:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll edit my post with mine in a second... But got some more annoying idiot questions. Is there a lot of information about drop rates on NMs? Hunting Lambert(Ram) atm and I got an upgrade material at one point but thats it so far.

Its a pretty brand new game so I know theres not a lot of information, and if there is, its in Japanese. Not to self, learn Japanese ._.
 Shiva.Kienasia
Server: Shiva
user: kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-18 19:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Um. Apparently there's a possibility of it dropping a S-Rank Headpiece with either Luck II, or Dagger Skill 2.
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2015-10-18 20:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
So the FFXI phone MMO is in beta now so I made a character. (Backpack)

It's fairly nostalgic, but clearly inferior in a lot of ways to XI --- no character model customization and it sends you straight to San d'Oria. But you get to fight alongside Curilla in Ronfaure so that's kinda cool.

It's slightly reminiscent of Record Keeper -- I haven't figured out the mechanics entirely but I'll put my impressions here as I progress.

You actually do play with other players - I entered a dungeon and got saved by other adventurers!
is it japan only for now if so i need to hook in to the japan market place. that is not that hard to do thought.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-18 21:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kienasia said: »
Um. Apparently there's a possibility of it dropping a S-Rank Headpiece with either Luck II, or Dagger Skill 2.

Yah, thats why I'm camping it lol :P, I want the Dagger headband roll. Was curious if there was any compiled information of drop rate, like should I expect 1/100 or something like "Worst than odds of finding a shiny pokemon" XD

I doubt there is any such list though... quite early in the games life.
[+]
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-18 21:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the site I looked up earlier mentioned something about less than 5% chance of it dropping.

http://xn--ffgm-8i9hs14f.app-wiki.info/wiki/%E3%83%87%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF%E3%83%99%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9/nm%E3%83%8E%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A2%E3%83%A0%E3%83%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC-%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A2%E8%A3%85%E5%82%99-%E3%83%89%E3%83%AD%E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7

Edit: This is the site. (Wasn't sure if it would actually link as it looked different when I pasted it. lol)
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-18 22:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kienasia said: »
I think the site I looked up earlier mentioned something about less than 5% chance of it dropping.

http://xn--ffgm-8i9hs14f.app-wiki.info/wiki/%E3%83%87%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF%E3%83%99%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9/nm%E3%83%8E%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%AA%E3%82%A2%E3%83%A0%E3%83%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC-%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A2%E8%A3%85%E5%82%99-%E3%83%89%E3%83%AD%E3%83%83%E3%83%97%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7

Edit: This is the site. (Wasn't sure if it would actually link as it looked different when I pasted it. lol)

Thank you. 15% for the A/B Ranks apparently and "Less than 5%" for the S ranks. Well crap, not as bad as I thought though.

That said, I found a wonderful NM.

"King earth Russia"

Apparently he spawns in Jugner Forest. (I know its a bad translation but it caught me off guard lol)
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-18 23:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to take a wild guess and say King Arthro* And yeah some of these NM's hit pretty hard. lol I've been mostly leveling. Mnk, War, Thf are all currently level 35. While Pld 19 and Blm 10'ish. (Trying to get those nice job traits etc.)
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-18 23:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I got a drop from the Pugil NM! It was a A Rank shield with Dagger II+ Took 7 kills.

Very happy with this. Lambert is still a ***
[+]
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-19 16:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried farming Lumbering Lambert for 2 hours yesterday and got about 6 adamantite's. And tried farming King Athro( I avenged you!) for 1 hour and got 2 adamantite's. orz

On the plus side. I did get an A-Rank item from the Gil-Gacha today! lol
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-19 16:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Been trying to farm a S rank from the new event NM... :( It doesn't exisssttttttt
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-19 18:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Been trying to farm a S rank from the new event NM... :( It doesn't exisssttttttt

My gear uh.. 'Level'? is like, 8200 or so, so I was able to kill the Low level event mob but haven't tried the other two.

Also, the THF Storyline told me to screw off til im 10,000+ ;;, got an S Rank body from the THF story though so good stuff there.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-20 05:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

you get an S ranked body in all the storylines. and the last 10k is an S rank weapon. IN THF i believe it's dancing edge.
Also this new event 15k entry... <_<;

I'm stuck at 9k myself.

Also i love the aweful auto translate of the last item from NMs in Upper D. Tower being Hades' tea break.
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-20 17:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Also i love the aweful auto translate of the last item from NMs in Upper D. Tower being Hades' tea break.

Lol Hades' having a tea break.

Sadly I'm hanging around 13.5k.. So I guess it's back to farming Adamantite's and leveling the job classes as well. (._.;)
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-21 19:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

you get an S ranked body in all the storylines. and the last 10k is an S rank weapon. IN THF i believe it's dancing edge.
Also this new event 15k entry... <_<;

Oh, I know, was just not expecting it so soon :D
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-22 07:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh good lord, the struggle in the final difficulty on the new fight.
Literally need an Elemental seal BLM to win.

Edit: Oh dear god don't let my first kill be like this.... Half health and this JP group being going for 10 minuites Whilst i'm led on the floor watching them.

Edit2: it wasn't.
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-23 00:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, lots' of experience from that Metal Mandragora Dungeon Event! lol

Edit: Got War from 35 to 39 within less than an hour. ^^
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-23 02:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel so useless as mnk and I am pretty lost about what to do with my gear for better skills/damage. Gil gatcha is nothing but a gil sink. It spits out a bunch of C gear and rarely anything else. It takes forever to level up gear because I hardly find any red crystal thing or B+ gear other than one-time rewards.

If I understood correctly, it is so random to level up skills by combining gear with same skill. First you need to find the gear, then hope that RNG is on your side.

Also it is always the same tactics to down those high level quest and event NMs and whatnot; stack berserk, multi hit from war or thf. And what do I have? Sub-500 damage chi blast, while a war is doing 10k damage per hit with a multi hit skill. Yes, I know I can change job anytime but after many gatcha pulls on mnk, having upgraded mnk gear and leveled it for much longer than my war, I don't feel like starting over.

I am only checking in for daily gifts from now on until the game becomes more balanced and actually playable for everyone.

I guess I should just wait for global release... which may never happen.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-23 18:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
I feel so useless as mnk and I am pretty lost about what to do with my gear for better skills/damage. Gil gatcha is nothing but a gil sink. It spits out a bunch of C gear and rarely anything else. It takes forever to level up gear because I hardly find any red crystal thing or B+ gear other than one-time rewards.

If I understood correctly, it is so random to level up skills by combining gear with same skill. First you need to find the gear, then hope that RNG is on your side.

Also it is always the same tactics to down those high level quest and event NMs and whatnot; stack berserk, multi hit from war or thf. And what do I have? Sub-500 damage chi blast, while a war is doing 10k damage per hit with a multi hit skill. Yes, I know I can change job anytime but after many gatcha pulls on mnk, having upgraded mnk gear and leveled it for much longer than my war, I don't feel like starting over.

I am only checking in for daily gifts from now on until the game becomes more balanced and actually playable for everyone.

did you unlock your sub job? You can always sub WAR and be capable of using Berserk if you get a Berserk axe.

Its a quest line in the same place you do your job quests.

I mean if you think about it its like real XI... MNK/WAR... go
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-23 22:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Metal Mandy's Up with 40 minutes left.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-23 22:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone wondering, its an event that gives a BUTTLOAD of exp.
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-23 22:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If by any chance you're looking for further insight.
On the highest tier dungeon:

2 regular Mandy's = 389 exp
2 regular and 1 small metal Mandy = 891 exp
And the Big NM Metal Mandy = 1489(or something close to 1500) exp

Edit: A couple more things to note. Regular Mandy's light, Metal ones are dark. And it seems like a few players try to avoid the NM so they don't have to zone in and out.(As time is a factor) Can only leave the fight once though so if you run into it the 2nd time just fight it. (If you choose to escape a second time it'll be a mission fail etc.) Also got Blm from 20 to 29. ^^
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-24 05:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »

did you unlock your sub job? You can always sub WAR and be capable of using Berserk if you get a Berserk axe.

Its a quest line in the same place you do your job quests.

I mean if you think about it its like real XI... MNK/WAR... go

Yes, I finished that and leveled war to 20. Regardless, it is a pretty bad sign that a game falls into the bandwagon pit right at release. If I need war abilities and equipment to be relevant, why would I play mnk anyway? I have already invested time and gatcha pulls and upgrade stuff and my main job I wanted to play as is still pretty much useless.
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-24 05:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i hope comes to US sounds like a blast but im not dealing with japnese text lol

is pup in it at all?
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-24 05:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krysten said: »

is pup in it at all?

At the moment, no. There's only War, Mnk, Thf, Whm, Blm, and Pld(Have to unlock it.)
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-24 05:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

When it was first announced they said that there was currently no plan for release outside Japan and I haven't seen any announcement regarding that ever since.
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-24 23:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Metal Mandy's are up!
 Leviathan.Krysten
Server: Leviathan
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2015-10-24 23:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

When it was first announced they said that there was currently no plan for release outside Japan and I haven't seen any announcement regarding that ever since.

SE is know for really stupid business decisions so i wouldnt doubt it at all. heres hoping at least one of the FFXI mobile games go to US.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-30 19:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Broke da walls. Up through Davoi now!

Event complaints still stand: Rank 2 events have bad drop rates, spent over an hour there, killed I know about 50 of the NMs and got nothing to show for it, and Rank 3 event is far too hard for me and leeching is a game of chance since a lot of other people like me try too...
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-11-07 23:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Qiqirn event going on right now, seems to be a Gil-based event.