Final Fantasy Grandmasters
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-13 20:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Zykei said: »
Exp-wise, I don't think there's much alternative. Levels doesn't matter nearly as much as your gear so it's not like you HAVE to grind those levels in order to progress. However if you lacking in the equipment department, it'll be a lot tougher.

At the moment the best way to gain said gear is to either A) Gamble your money for S rank gear, B) Complete your job quests as they reward you with B/A/S ranked gear, C) Grind the events for S rank drops (Hardest difficulty has the best droprates), or D) Grind lotto NMs for S rank loot. Be sure to level your gear too!

But how will you grind events at low level?!
Well there isn't much choice but to leech the people who has started with better gear than you.
Best way to do this and not feel bad (lol) is to either obtain Sleep/Sleep2 for mages or obtain Warcry (C Rank GAxes - fairly common).

The game balance atm revolves around stacking up Berserk 4 times then attack for 40-80k damage. Warcry also stacks up with berserk so it makes sense. Mages should help with by sleeping the monster so DDs will live a little longer. Eitheway both of these abilities will generate so much hate on youm you're expected to die first. But aslong as the main DD gets his buffs up, they should be able to kill the NM within 2 turns.

Thanks a lot :D

You know, I have to wonder if the people who developed this learned anything from XI lol. The fact we can like, quad stack berserk and rape a "boss" in 2 rounds is... pretty fricking hilarious. Its like, Ghorn(or Bubbles today) in Mobile form. They stayed true to the source materials. OP yourself then faceroll or die.

Question: I saw a Thief (Well, I think it was a Thief, he had a Thief face-plate) with a Great Axe... what... what is this? And is the Final Locked box in my equipment area (Top left one) for Sub jobs? I remember hearing something about Sub jobs... but, dunno.

And lastly, is there a place I can read up on this game in english so I dont have to harass you all the time :D?
By Ackeron 2015-10-13 20:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What the hell do you do with gil? I've got over 300k and nothing to spend it on lol.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-14 02:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Question: I saw a Thief (Well, I think it was a Thief, he had a Thief face-plate) with a Great Axe... what... what is this? And is the Final Locked box in my equipment area (Top left one) for Sub jobs? I remember hearing something about Sub jobs... but, dunno.

And lastly, is there a place I can read up on this game in english so I dont have to harass you all the time :D?

1) You can equip a weapon native to your sub job in your main weapon slot.
2) Yes, that takes you to sub job change screen. It gets unlocked when you finish the sub job quest in the main quest line.
3) Not that I know of other than a discussion on reddit.

Ackeron said: »
What the hell do you do with gil? I've got over 300k and nothing to spend it on lol.

It is used for combining equipments with other equipments or crystals to level them up, and using materia(?) to break their level caps. I couldn't find any other use for gil and I also have like 1m with nothing to spend it on.
 Shiva.Zykei
Server: Shiva
user: Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-10-14 03:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You can gacha with gil. 5k per roll and have like 0.001% chance at a S rank lol.

Also There's a one day gacha rate-up event for job specific gachas.
I'd say it's a good time to reroll if you feel your current character isn't very good (you can probably start the game with 5-6k+ stats with 2 S ranks or more).

Easiest way to reroll is to clear data under the app info(idk for apple products lol) and you'll start fresh. Alternatively you can go into your phone (android again) to locate the cpuid.bin under ../android/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.ffgm/files/ and remove it (or save it as a backup) as that has your account info on it (I think... according to reddit post lol).
 Shiva.Kienasia
user: kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-14 04:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet. But you can change the way your character looks (slightly) under the shop(ショップ) option. And then select character edit. (キャラクター編集)
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-14 04:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kienasia said: »
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet. But you can change the way your character looks (slightly) under the shop(ショップ) option. And then select character edit. (キャラクター編集)

Yeah, I changed hair style, hair color and eyebrows shape before I finally noticed I had been spending my blue crystal (buyable currency) thing XD I spent like 1000 iirc. I could understand making some special ones accessable by that currency but default stuff should have been made free of any charge :/ They give you no option to customize your character at all at start.
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-14 04:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Yeah, I changed hair style, hair color and eyebrows shape before I finally noticed I had been spending my blue crystal (buyable currency) thing XD I spent like 1000 iirc.
Oh, I didn't notice it required crystals. O O; I could've sworn I thought I changed mine for free. lol
By Ackeron 2015-10-14 09:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure I want to reroll BLM or not. It seems ... bad.

Screw it ... BLM or die!

I keep getting stupid junk when I reroll ; ;

NO I DO NOT WANT SLEEP OR DRAIN OR FIRE DEFENSE DOWN!

So far this game seems to have a good idea but poorly executed =/

- Jobs are unbalanced.
- The gacha system is pay RNGesus to hopefully win.
- It's JP only so I have no clue what is going on. (This one is more so on me)

They didn't really play much of FFXI before making it and it shows.
- The areas while looking like the zones you know and love are nothing like them in design or level.
- The elemental wheel is gone replaced by a square. Ice and Earth have been removed, things that were ice and earth have been merged into water and wind.
- Yes, you saw that right EARTH which was weak to WIND is now WIND and weak to FIRE.

The game starts off great. You do a small tutorial and then pick your job and go doing merry quests killing things matching up weaknesses. Then you get to the point of seeing if RNGesus has blessed you or doomed you. Around the Lv50 mobs is where you get to see if you have been blessed or doomed. At this point I would just find monsters already attacked so I could leech exp. Having to leech exp is a horrible thing.

In the end I would say it's a decent time waster but I believe this was made more so to cash in on addicts via the gacha system then it was to be a solid game.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-14 10:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd argue quite strongly that the quest to level ratio is awful. That's something that cant really be argue with it. cause its true really.
Because you have to be so dependent on people who did get good rolls at the start. If there were more filler quests that allowed for more room to get crystals to level that would be greater design. But it isn't so hyper dependent on that cash flow.

I chose WHM, im level 20 and literally, it has no use at all without a subjob. And if you don't have Banish? your virtually screwed there too. Which is kinda sucky. Theres very little aid towards new players, it's RNG or pay.. I don't even think rolling lots of times could make the situation even better.
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-14 16:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I started off with Monk. Which wasn't too bad. But yeah, I agree with having to rely on support heavily. (. .;) Lately I've been messing around with Thief and Warrior. So far Monk is 28, Warrior 23, and Thief 25.

There's also a Happy Power Level, which activates when you're holding a certain amount of crystals.

1000: Gil 1.5
2000: Exp 1.5
3000: Chance of an Item Drop 1.5
4000: Rare Drop 1.5
5000: And I think this one is a chance of an NM showing up is doubled.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-14 17:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You can gacha with gil. 5k per roll and have like 0.001% chance at a S rank lol.

I discovered this todya! I've always seen the "Banner" but assumed it was just a generic Crystal roll... but its not. For those who don't know, when you click no the Unique-Banner thing (If you've played FFRK you know what I mean), in the top right is a blue button, clicking it will switch between the current "banner" events, one of them will just be a moogle with a bunch of ~B rank items around him. 5000gil for 1, 50,000 for 10 as he said.

Quote:

Er, Is it today XD?

Also, theres a message/announcement that shows what looks like a large red crystal (Upgrade material?) and the numbers "100!", what is that event lol;;
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-14 18:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, theres a message/announcement that shows what looks like a large red crystal (Upgrade material?) and the numbers "100!", what is that event lol;;
It's just saying that 1,000,000 people downloaded the game, but hey I like free little red rocks that help level armor/weapons easier!.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-14 18:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kienasia said: »
It's just saying that 1,000,000 people downloaded the game, but hey I like free little red rocks that help level armor/weapons easier!.

Ah, I was wondering why I had 6 rocks in my Mailbox >_> good to know. Wondering if theres bigger ones like in FFRK, or if its just the 1 size. Leveling S Ranks is reeaaallly difficult once you get around level 25, as C/B ranks barely move the bar anymore and those Red rocks don't do much more xD

Neat.
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-14 18:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still trying to wonder what's great about the chocobo armor... I haven't really leveled it up... But it seems mostly just for resisting elements.
 Shiva.Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-10-14 18:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I discovered this todya! I've always seen the "Banner" but assumed it was just a generic Crystal roll... but its not. For those who don't know, when you click no the Unique-Banner thing (If you've played FFRK you know what I mean), in the top right is a blue button, clicking it will switch between the current "banner" events, one of them will just be a moogle with a bunch of ~B rank items around him. 5000gil for 1, 50,000 for 10 as he said.

Quote:

Er, Is it today XD?

Sorry, the gacha rate-up event is 2 days.

There's also a 1M download celebration event where you get 5 Adamantites everyday (for gear leveling).

As for the job imbalance - I agree. WAR and THF are the strongest classes atm. WAR has amazing abilities (Elemental cleaves, berserk and breaks) and THF takes advantage of how the game calculates crit rate and crit damage (along with passive ability to increase crit dmg).
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-10-14 21:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a bit of trouble getting this on my phone. I have a Galaxy Note 4 and it's telling me my device is not compatible with this version?
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-16 01:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So I definitely don't get the upgrading a skill thing. Do i do it somewhere other than the Weapon upgrading screen? I.E the same way you upgrade weapons with those weird red crystals, or is it done in its own unique menu?

Cause I've definitely upgraded 1 weapon with another weapon with the same skill and the skill on the upgraded weapon didn't go up... same with a bunch of crap armor I've been upgrading together.

I made sure they're the same skill and the same tier, but using one as upgrade material for the other doesn't do it. Am I missing something ._.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2015-10-16 01:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
Having a bit of trouble getting this on my phone. I have a Galaxy Note 4 and it's telling me my device is not compatible with this version?

It isn't officially possible to play outside of Japan afaik. You can get QooApp (which lets you bypass region lock for games in their catalog) apk file here: http://blog.qoo-app.com/ (upper right corner).

Once you get it running on your phone, you can download and install the game from its catalog interface.
 Shiva.Zykei
By Shiva.Zykei 2015-10-16 03:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So I definitely don't get the upgrading a skill thing. Do i do it somewhere other than the Weapon upgrading screen? I.E the same way you upgrade weapons with those weird red crystals, or is it done in its own unique menu?

Cause I've definitely upgraded 1 weapon with another weapon with the same skill and the skill on the upgraded weapon didn't go up... same with a bunch of crap armor I've been upgrading together.

I made sure they're the same skill and the same tier, but using one as upgrade material for the other doesn't do it. Am I missing something ._.

Nah you're not doing anything wrong if they're the same tier. It sucks they don't show the % chance of an upgrade happening but from experience it's not a sure thing even with if you use 5x of the same skill to upgrade with (though they each can upgrade the ability at the same time this way i.e going from lv1 to lv4 with 1 synth synth).
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-17 09:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Got a Thunder III augmented Staff, and a Courl Bite augmented Dagger from the new Golem Event Dungeon(Highest Difficulty). Can also possibly drop Adamantite.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-17 10:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've started to go mad in my rerolls...
No AoE. Just the same crummy staff on repeat...

Not even elemental seal..
:(

I have Hope for baby Beana.

Edit: Baby Beana needs to burn in hellz.
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-17 15:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Well.. Hopefully you get what you're after!

I'm still trying to find a nice pair of hand-to-hand weapons with a nice single-target multi-hit combo. >.>;

I also hope they improve Chakra(Tier III)... Because healing for about 110 when getting knocked around for 200+ later on just doesn't seem worthwhile to me.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-18 10:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I finally managed to get a decentish roll.
Aeroga, Dalmatica and Sleep II all S rank. Which is an OK start. But with 2 days flat of rolling I'd rather stick with this. And i've been doing good so far :)
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-18 13:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I have 3 S rank daggers? One is a Tier 1 or 2 Cyclone, another is a Paralyze-Bite of some sort, and the last one is... idk, a hunched over man using Shadowclones, level 3? They're all ***. The Paralyze-Bite does respectable damage but neither of the other two do.

Also since some of you seem to know what this stuff reads. I need a quick question on the "Armor buffs". Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Fist = ...STR UP?
Sword = ATK UP
Sword/Shield = ATK/DEF up
Wing Boots = Evasion?
Wing = TP up
Heart = HP up
Staff = MAG UP
Arrow Hitting a Target(?) = ???

I'm trying to figure out what armor to go for lol, and the icons don't exactly spell it out sometime, especially the Fist and Sword buffs.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-18 13:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wing Boots its the Attack meater at the bottom charge rate.
the Arrow is Accuracy.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2015-10-18 13:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hokay, so Wings are ATB(Haste! yay!) and Arrow is Accuracy...

Good, good. Thank you very much!

Is there anything I should be aiming for? Right now I'm using Level 2/3 "Fist" on my armor for my THF. Do any of them increase Crits? Sorry I know I have a billion questions :(
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-18 14:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not know. I only know the arrow is accuracy because i have Blind.

I'd argue the best set for thf is the Hectomb set.
Although this is for THF Reroll, this is what the Reddit is suggesting for gear. :)
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-18 18:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really know what the fist one is..But I think it might be luck. I tried looking further into the word, "kaishin" but all I got was satisfaction or congeniality.

Heart: Obviously HP
Winged Boot: Haste
Circle with a Triangular Arrow: Accuracy
Sword: Attack
Sword and Shield: Defense
Little Figure with Arrows: Evasion
Staff: Magic
Staff and Shield: Magic Defense

Edit: Congratulations on your items Shadowlina.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-10-18 18:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Also what's peoples in game name? So we know to keep an eye out for each Other?
With the servers set how they are there is quite a high chance we have already just ran past eachother just doing our own thing :)
 Shiva.Kienasia
By Shiva.Kienasia 2015-10-18 18:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

キュウセイド(ID:57589786)