PS3 Just Died, YLOD.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » PS3 just died, YLOD.
PS3 just died, YLOD.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-06-03 13:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I've still got my fully functioning 60gb fat PS3 from UK launch and it got used plenty over the years I'm surprised it lasted really. I stopped using it when XIV:arr got released as i bought a new slim. I was telling the guy in game about it when I was buying my slim and he was shocked it was still going with no problems lol. It has since been christened as the FFonryfatty.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2015-06-03 14:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well mine lasted over 7 years before finally dying, I just wasn't expecting it to die again with a different problem right after get it reballed.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2015-06-03 22:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So it looks like the a/c cord was the culprit. I decided to try testing the power supply since I was getting no power but the multimeter showed nothing. After a bit of searching, I found that I should try a continuity test on the a/c cord, so I did, but only got beeps on 1 of the prongs. So I took my PC a/c cord and put it on my PS3 and bam, it works. It also seemed to have gotten rid of those annoying lines that appear on screen like in the video I posted on the last page, so I guess there was some interference from the a/c cord causing that, I guess.
By Jetackuu 2015-06-03 22:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That's interesting.
 Carbuncle.Scarmiglione
By Carbuncle.Scarmiglione 2015-06-03 22:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just glad it's working again, and wasn't something more serious. I had already ordered a new power supply too, hopefully I can get a refund lol, but it hasn't even shipped yet. It was only 13$, I should maybe just keep it for just in case.
[+]