FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 159 160 161
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-11-26 21:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I assumed it was for OK which I suppose wasn't actually the question. Even still unless you've got all your 5* OK motes I would still do Enigma over Sundaily since OK motes are excessively rare.
By fillerbunny9 2016-11-26 22:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

if you spam the 90 Stamina you'll probably get them faster than you can level him. I got all my motes with an extra to spare so far, and he is still sub-90. they throw another at you in mission completion items as of this evening.
By Bloodrose 2016-11-26 22:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I have all my OK motes, just need some T4 motes to unlock the next stages.

Aside from that, the Enigma XP dungeons, while lesser XP total, are much easier for characters to solo grind some XP (Like Penelo, since she don't have any AoE spells in my current repertoire of white magic spells), along with any of the XP boosting material (I have Fast Learner from Luneth's 99 RM for this) to really speed ***up.
By fillerbunny9 2016-11-26 22:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Soon, my pet... soon.

Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-11-27 00:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This ff3 Mote Dungeon CM is rough....
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-11-27 00:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

yah im not touching that one, not enough synergy.

A Team and done.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2016-11-27 02:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The hell is over...

NO WALL and OK BSB as RW...

Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-11-27 08:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Beating the nightmare battle at phase 3 with only 2 members left and ending up champion, aww yiss! I guess the game is extra generous with medals for the nightmare battles. I only lost 1 medal for action taken and 1 for number of K.O.s
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2016-11-27 15:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got a quick strategy for the level 120 Barbariccia fight? Managed to get the other fiends down with Championship rank, but she wrecked me.

Currently got Kain, Rydia, Porom at 71... Yang and Terra at 65 and locked there. Also have Tyro at 65, but meh...

Hoping to get it down before the event ends.
By Faelar 2016-11-27 17:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Took down Red Dragon Ultimate+ with 3 people dead....still got Champion. Pleasant surprise! First time I've beaten an Ultimate/160!
By Draylo 2016-11-28 00:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Rikku, Minwu, Cloud and Penelo BSB weapons from the thanksgiving draw.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2016-11-29 09:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
Anyone got a quick strategy for the level 120 Barbariccia fight? Managed to get the other fiends down with Championship rank, but she wrecked me.

Currently got Kain, Rydia, Porom at 71... Yang and Terra at 65 and locked there. Also have Tyro at 65, but meh...

Hoping to get it down before the event ends.

I know I'm late to responding to this but figured I'd ask since there's more general advice that can be given to help out.

What Roaming Warrior are you using and what are your abilities and hones on them like?
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2016-11-29 18:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

I know I'm late to responding to this but figured I'd ask since there's more general advice that can be given to help out.

What Roaming Warrior are you using and what are your abilities and hones on them like?

Got up to 80 for Kain/Porom/Rydia, 70 for Luneth, 65 for Terra, Yang, and Tyro.

Currently have:

Magic/Armor/Mental/Power Breakdown with 2 charges each.

Magic/Armor/Mental/Power Break with 2 charges each.

Thund/Blizz/Firaja with 2 charges each.

Protect/Shellga with 2 charges each.

Water/Blizza/Fira/Stone/Thunda/Ruinga with 4 charges each.

Cura with 6 charges, Renewing Cure with 8 charges.

Firaga/Blizzaga/Thundaga/Watera/Aerora Strike with 2 charges each.

Gaia's Cross, Fires Within, Lightning Dive with 2 charges each.

Jump, Double Cut six charges each.

Bunch of other random debuffs that never work when I need them to (i.e. damn bosses that require landing slow or blind for Mastery...)

For Roaming Warrior, I don't recall what I was using for this fight, but for harder stuff I either go with Sentinel's Whatever (shield icon), Ark Blast or Onion Knight thing (something Vessel) if I think the fight is survivable, Stoneskin II, or any other major defensive boost I can find within a few refreshes for tougher stuff.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-11-29 19:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Faelar said: »
Took down Red Dragon Ultimate+ with 3 people dead....still got Champion. Pleasant surprise! First time I've beaten an Ultimate/160!

Generally the ultimate fights are pretty forgiving on marking you off for deaths. Generally as long as you win and meet the 3~ score conditions you get mastery.

@Francisco - What notable Soul Breaks do you have for those leveled characters?
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2016-11-29 20:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

@Francisco - What notable Soul Breaks do you have for those leveled characters?

Luneth (70) - Eternal Wind - BSB, Ton of wind hits, burst mode.
Yang (65) - Exploding Volcano Kick - was good early on, waned quite a bit on tougher fights
Rydia (80) - Mournful Cry - BSB, Titan lands a bunch of hits, burst mode.
Palom (80) - Sync (Big AoE Cure, Hastega), Twin Star (Attack, Crit Bonus)
Terra (65) - Blood of Espers - BSB, bunch of non-elemental hits, burst mode.

Nothing good for Tyro or Kain.

I also have the weapons for Vaan's "Ark Blast", and Garnet's "Dagger of Resolve" - but no current way to unlock those characters.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-11-29 20:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't have anything to go into the Hall of Rites? Vaan's Ark Blast is EXTREMELY useful, as it does MAG/DEF down (which stacks with other debuff downs) and Magic/Armor Breakdowns as normal Burst mode moves.

You're going to want to utilize the hall of rites and unlock Vaan and Garnet and level them up separately and create two teams.

Vaan, Luneth, Yang, ??? (Ramza if you can get Shout) and Tyro for your physical team. If you find a Shout, make Tyro healer and Ramza support.

Garnet, Rydia, Palom, Terra and Tyro for your magical team.

Stoneskin II/Sentinel's Grimoire or Shout will be best for your physical team as RW. And you'll want Krile's Sheepsong, or the new OK BSB for your magical team.

Generally, physical teams are best overall as they don't get limited by elements, so I'd focus that first. But fights with specific elemental weaknesses will get absolutely destroyed by magic teams. You need a bunch of hones (or the right BSB, which you're on the way to achieving) to make magic teams really shine.

It might be worth pulling Keeper's banner 2 if you have the Mythril as it can drop Platinum Sword (Ramza's Shout) or Sentinel's grimoire (Wall for Tyro).

For physical teams the goal is to get to 390 attack and then have Shout, this will effectively reach the "soft cap" on attack, so you can start focusing more on defenses after you manage that. But you want to either get a native shout or native wall asap to really make your team shine.

Also work on creating and honing Lifesiphons, 3 or 4 copies up to 4-6 uses each.
 Shiva.Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2016-11-29 20:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
You don't have anything to go into the Hall of Rites? Vaan's Ark Blast is EXTREMELY useful, as it does MAG/DEF down (which stacks with other debuff downs) and Magic/Armor Breakdowns as normal Burst mode moves.

You're going to want to utilize the hall of rites and unlock Vaan and Garnet and level them up separately and create two teams.

Vaan, Luneth, Yang, ??? (Ramza if you can get Shout) and Tyro for your physical team. If you find a Shout, make Tyro healer and Ramza support.

Garnet, Rydia, Palom, Terra and Tyro for your magical team.

Stoneskin II/Sentinel's Grimoire or Shout will be best for your physical team as RW. And you'll want Krile's Sheepsong, or the new OK BSB for your magical team.

Generally, physical teams are best overall as they don't get limited by elements, so I'd focus that first. But fights with specific elemental weaknesses will get absolutely destroyed by magic teams. You need a bunch of hones (or the right BSB, which you're on the way to achieving) to make magic teams really shine.

It might be worth pulling Keeper's banner 2 if you have the Mythril as it can drop Platinum Sword (Ramza's Shout) or Sentinel's grimoire (Wall for Tyro).

For physical teams the goal is to get to 390 attack and then have Shout, this will effectively reach the "soft cap" on attack, so you can start focusing more on defenses after you manage that. But you want to either get a native shout or native wall asap to really make your team shine.

Also work on creating and honing Lifesiphons, 3 or 4 copies up to 4-6 uses each.

Nothing for the Hall of Rites at the moment, I used up the Hero Soul and Crystal I had for Terra - because I got her Stardust Rod early on, before I got Vaan or Garnet's BSB weapons.

Actually, I have Ramza's Platinum Sword also. Hopefully I'll get more Hall of Rites items soon! They seem pretty rare/limited - unless I'm missing an easy way to get them.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-11-29 21:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You generally get one per event, this FF3 event is special in that regard as you get Onion Knight instead of generic stuff. Also Nightmare dungeons drop extras but that has been turned off for the next 2.5 weeks. If you have Ramza's Plat Sword I'd use my next Hero Soul to get him and get him up, he's an amazing support character.

FF8 event is coming out tomorrow evening so you can unlock Ramza then if you rush it. Personally I'm saving all my stam to run EXP dungeons within FF3, but if you're locked with memory crystals that might not work for you, so you could go unlock Ramza. That'll make physical teams work.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2016-11-29 21:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
Nothing for the Hall of Rites at the moment, I used up the Hero Soul and Crystal I had for Terra - because I got her Stardust Rod early on, before I got Vaan or Garnet's BSB weapons.

Actually, I have Ramza's Platinum Sword also. Hopefully I'll get more Hall of Rites items soon! They seem pretty rare/limited - unless I'm missing an easy way to get them.

Sounds like you're pretty set for a while to be honest.

It's a shame the Nightmare dungeons closed down recently, as it'll probably be a good place for you to get Souls + Memory Lodes ATM if you're already able to handle 160s to some capacity.

Currently there are I think eight Nightmare levels unlocked and each level has four fights and the nightmare boss. In those four fights you can earn a Soul, a Memory Lode, and a Memory Lode II (in total eight of each) so it might be a good way to increase your team selection if you feel you can handle the challenges. Keep an eye on next time it opens up too.

And yeah, if you have a Platinum Sword from the FFT realm (make sure it's FFT, I believe there are multiple versions of the sword?) that has Ramza's Soul Break, unlock it ASAP. Ramza is a great support and his Sword puts him into mandatory tier for physical based teams.
By Faelar 2016-11-29 21:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Tellah's Stardust Rod and Red XIII's Magic Comb from the Lucky Pull.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2016-11-30 00:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone up wanna do some FFRK MP?

doing final raid boss, join ID #1028
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-11-30 06:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

pulled once from the latest lucky draw... felt lucky when I saw 4x 5*... then... this happened:

-Corps Field Uniform (FFXIII) already had one but at least good for synergy.
-4-point Shuriken (FFVII) x2
-Platinum Fist (FFVII)

feel trolled so bad...
By Faelar 2016-11-30 07:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
pulled once from the latest lucky draw... felt lucky when I saw 4x 5*... then... this happened:

-Corps Field Uniform (FFXIII) already had one but at least good for synergy.
-4-point Shuriken (FFVII) x2
-Platinum Fist (FFVII)

feel trolled so bad...

Plaitnum Fist is great for those who can use them. One of the higher ATK weapons.
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2016-11-30 18:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Platinum Fist is far from one of the highest attack weapons. Really really really far.

Also why the ***are you people pulling on the rematch lucky banner?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-11-30 18:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ciri Zireael said: »
Platinum Fist is far from one of the highest attack weapons. Really really really far.

Also why the ***are you people pulling on the rematch lucky banner?

It's half-price and has the option for BSB's (Like Cloud's).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-11-30 18:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

A remote chance at outdated, barely useful BSBs*
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2016-11-30 18:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

A BSB worse than many SSBs at this point. Same with Lightning's.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2016-11-30 20:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

its 25 Mythril and an outdates BSB/SSB is better than the "Starter" SB most of those characters listed have for me :(. If it were full price I'd of passed hard, but for 25, It'd be worth it just for the chance at a permanent +10 Stat boosts people seem to forget when it comes to outdated SSB/BSB...

I got Sync (AoEHeal+Haste SSB, a bit dated but still good), Sephiroth's Coat and one that I can't remember right now... but the AoE heal for a FF4 realm and synergy alone made it worth it for me.

Only thing that got me to pull really was half price, would have to be a really really shitty banner to not pull on a half price for me since I have so many relics I'm missing.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2016-11-30 20:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

4th pull on OK banner 1 did not disappoint = Luneth Bsb, OK Bsb, OK ssb and Ingus shield ;)
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2016-11-30 20:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
4th pull on OK banner 1 did not disappoint = Luneth Bsb, OK Bsb, OK ssb and Ingus shield ;)

Damn, that's a solid pull as people seem to really like the Luneth burst.
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 159 160 161