First Official GOP President Announcement

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » First official GOP President announcement
First official GOP President announcement
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 61 62 63
By Zackan 2015-04-06 02:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Back on topic:

Of Course Ted Cruz Could Win

The National Review

Opening:

Quote:
Columnists and their headline writers have a habit of offering hostages to Fate — e.g., “Let’s not even pretend Ted Cruz has a chance of becoming president,” “Let’s be serious about Ted Cruz from the start: He’s too extreme and too disliked to win,” “Opposition from Republicans who care about winning in 2016 will doom the chances of a senator whose tactics . . . have established him as a loudmouth loser.”

We have heard this sort of thing before.
I don't much care for their politics, but I like their style.

But then there is his attendance problem....

Cruz MIA at Armed Services hearings
Politico

Quote:
The committee’s outspoken hawk has the worst attendance record — by far.
Quote:
Ted Cruz thunders about what he calls a “fundamentally unserious” U.S. defense policy, but when he had a chance to weigh in during Senate Armed Services Committee hearings, he rarely showed up.

Cruz, who announced last week he’s running for president, has the committee’s worst attendance record — by far.

The Texas Republican attended just three of the panel’s 16 public hearings so far this year, according to a POLITICO review of transcripts from full committee hearings. The average committee member attended 13 of the 16 hearings, and Cruz is the only one of the panel’s 26 members with an attendance rate below 50 percent.
It goes on....

Thanks for pointing out a legitimate worry, I will look into that one.
So that's 1 'bad' thing' to add to my host of 'good'
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-06 14:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Christie is getting ready to 'run' it seems.

Huffington Post article so just a link is fine.

Chris Christie To Embark On First Major 2016 Tour In New Hampshire
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-06 18:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I was trying to find an image of Christie in a track suit jogging, or just even a picture of him running. No dice :/

You win this round internet!
[+]
By Zackan 2015-04-07 00:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

a bunch of peeps are announcing tomorrow

So apparently at least 3 more candidates are announcing tomorrow.
I am going to support Ted Cruz through and through, I agree in issues of winnability, he has issues, and sadly that is what matters. But I don't care, I want spine and principle.

Rand Paul is a perfect alternative to Ted Cruz, he shares many of the character traits of Ted Cruz but he has a higher 'winnability' rate. I will fully support Ted Cruz through volunteering and fundraising, but if it comes close to nomination time, i may jump ship to Rand Paul, the point is I prefer Cruz, but Paul is a perfectly suitable alternative.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-07 00:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd vote for Rand Paul.

But tbh, anyone but Hiliary is my current stance.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-04-07 00:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd vote for Rand Paul.

We almost elected a warmonger without any idea of a plan for his stupidity because of "Anything but Obama" Im sure "Anything but Hillary" will go the same route. If not, im deeply concerned for the electorate.
By Zackan 2015-04-07 01:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/06/politics/fort-hood-purple-hearts/index.html

(CNN)The U.S. Army will begin awarding Purple Hearts to those killed or wounded in the 2009 shooting at Fort Hood, Texas.

Secretary of the Army John McHugh announced the decision in a statement Friday, calling the honor "an appropriate recognition of their service and sacrifice."

The Army will also award the civilian equivalent of the Purple Heart, the Defense of Freedom Medal, to non-military victims.

"The Purple Heart's strict eligibility criteria had prevented us from awarding it to victims of the horrific attack at Fort Hood," McHugh said, but noted that recent legislation has allowed them to move forward in recognizing the victims.

The decision was made possible by an amendment to the 2015 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), sponsored by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), which expanded eligibility for the Purple Heart to include troops killed in an attack where "the individual or entity was in communication with the foreign terrorist organization before the attack," and where "the attack was inspired or motivated by the foreign terrorist organization."

"It's long past time to call the Fort Hood attack what it was: radical Islamic terrorism," Cruz said in a statement in December, after the NDAA was passed. "And, this recognition for Fort Hood terrorist victims is overdue. The victims and their families deserve our prayers and support, and this legislation rightly honors them for defending our nation in the face of a heinous act of terror."

The Purple Heart is a combat decoration and was previously only awarded to service members who had been injured or killed in action.

On Nov. 5, 2009, Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Hasan opened fire at Fort Hood, killing 13 and injuring more than 30.

Hasan claimed to have targeted soldiers who would be deploying to Afghanistan, or who had recently returned. Authorities say he committed the attack so he would not have to go to overseas to fight against Muslims.

Prior to the attack, Hasan had exchanged emails with radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born spokesman for al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula who was later killed in a U.S. drone strike.

More recently, he sent a letter to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi asking to become a citizen of the group's self-proclaimed Islamic caliphate.

A military jury convicted Hasan in 2013 and recommended the death penalty. The mandatory appeals process is expected to last for several years.
-------------------

It is about damn time.

And btw.. +1 kudos goes to my man Ted Cruz

(i know its a little old "Feb 6th" oh well)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-07 05:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
I'd vote for Rand Paul.

We almost elected a warmonger without any idea of a plan for his stupidity because of "Anything but Obama" Im sure "Anything but Hillary" will go the same route. If not, im deeply concerned for the electorate.
Instead, we elected a village idiot who decides to take freedom of choice and control from the people, which causes unprecedented strife in the nation, where one side is fighting for their freedom of choice, while the other side is blindly following whatever they are told, like little parrots they are, all because of "Anything but Bush" mentality they have.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-04-07 06:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'd vote for Rand Paul.

Instead, we elected a village idiot who decides to take freedom of choice and control from the people, which causes unprecedented strife in the nation, where one side is fighting for their freedom of choice, while the other side is blindly following whatever they are told, like little parrots they are, all because of "Anything but Bush" mentality they have.
So like, a blank check for an expedition to Asia + The middle east +Russia, No clear plan for tax reform or healthcare reform or anything relevant, and would rather keep saying he has a plan for the former topics but then doesnt back it up with any actual tangible evidence that he even had ideas on the various reforms this country needed at the time. Yea, Totes better. But, not Better Than Bush enough.

Strife is inevitable, Our job as a country is to overcome this strife in a meaningful way so we dont continue to perpetuate this common stupidity we keep dealing with.

"Freedom of choice" meaning? IF thats some jab at the ACA then its a failed concept to try to perpetuate. You still have the choice of a third party insurance provider and yes, you can keep your plan if you like it (and the insurance company keeps it up to the law and doesnt reneg). [needz clarificationz]

If there are any parrots today in the modern electorate its the electorate that repeats the good ole Anti-Obama mantra. Yes, Obama has done some ***, but lets atleast recognize the actual offenses he has committed (Which by the way, most of them are not worthy of impeachment anyway) instead of hyped up buzzwords that fall to pieces when you actually look at them.

Bush has got to be one of the top of the worst, right up there next to based Reagan. If you would actually objectively compare all 44 presidencies you could easily see Obama is nothing when compared to the incompetence of post-JFK (and prolly before then) presidencies (and cabinets) before his. What we really should look at is this nonsensical tendency to unregulate and then whatever becomes unregulated shortly afterwards collapses and everyone acts like we didnt put that in motion to begin with. I mean, for all the *** super conservatives spout at the Mainstream Media they should be super hard pressed to restore pre-Reagan regulation so they can all have one happy fun time news network, but then again theyd have to actually report the news. Housing bubble burst cause key regulations are stripped away then we have a bank meltdown shortly afterwards. At what point do we realize its not okay to just gut the law and then leave the sectors to slowly devolve into unstable toxic waste.

Its just stupid...and its also 7 AM and im feeling super rant-y.
By Jetackuu 2015-04-07 07:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

^

One of the reasons I'm not looking forward to the other half of the Clintons, as the first one helped do that.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-07 07:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So like, a blank check for an expedition to Asia + The middle east +Russia, No clear plan for tax reform or healthcare reform or anything relevant, and would rather keep saying he has a plan for the former topics but then doesnt back it up with any actual tangible evidence that he even had ideas on the various reforms this country needed at the time. Yea, Totes better. But, not Better Than Bush enough.
Except we still got that from Obama, somewhat.

Or are you going to deny that drone strikes are happening in areas not covered by treaty?

Also, there was no plans for tax reform when Obama ran, he just wanted to tax & spend. You may think that is reform, but it's just Carter 2.0. Also, some healthcare reform. A bill that promises affordable health care but makes it worse, with less doctors in the field now than ever before, healthcare systems run like government agencies, and everyone having to pay for health insurance one way or another, especially for health insurance that they will never use. Yeah, that's change you can believe in!

"Freedom of choice" meaning? IF thats some jab at the ACA then its a failed concept to try to perpetuate. You still have the choice of a third party insurance provider and yes, you can keep your plan if you like it (and the insurance company keeps it up to the law and doesnt reneg). [needz clarificationz]
I no longer have the choice in the type of insurance I want. I have to buy insurance that I do not need. Like pregnancy insurance, or any woman's health insurance. A woman has to buy all male-only condition insurance. Old people have to buy children's insurance. Parents have to buy insurance specific to older people, especially for their children. We have to buy it because the law states so, or we will have to pay a penalty on top of that.

Because of the irrelevant insurances I have to buy, my premiums skyrocketed before the law went full effect, so the insurance companies can cap increases at the price ceiling of 15% increases. And they can keep doing that year after year after year. So, you are either left with a higher premium or higher deductible in order to make it affordable per year.

I'm sure you are going to say that your insurance hasn't increased, but decreased, but that's because you take subsidies, which I still pay for. So, not only am I forced to buy my own insurance, I'm forced to buy into your insurance too! Which you don't care, because you get free healthcare....

If there are any parrots today in the modern electorate its the electorate that repeats the good ole Anti-Obama mantra. Yes, Obama has done some ***, but lets atleast recognize the actual offenses he has committed (Which by the way, most of them are not worthy of impeachment anyway) instead of hyped up buzzwords that fall to pieces when you actually look at them.
Nice strawman. Want to try it again?

Also, it doesn't help if you are parroting my argument back at me...

Bush has got to be one of the top of the worst, right up there next to based Reagan.
Yeah, anyone who thinks Reagan did a bad job really needs to set their priorities straight. Strong economic growth, an actual tax reform, and overall increased GDP really is bad for a nation in your viewpoint, isn't it?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-04-07 09:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Rand announces.

Christie is ready to.

Carly is all but officially in.

And then there is that crazy neurosurgeon and the Donald.

Lots of room in the clown car....
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-04-07 10:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

He should run as a Democrat. He is more like what Democrats used to be back when they were actually Democrats before the fringe left hijacked their party.
By fonewear 2015-04-07 10:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Christie and running...does not compute error !
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-07 10:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

He should run as a Democrat. He is more like what Democrats used to be back when they were actually Democrats before the fringe left hijacked their party.

More like he could be like a Kennedy with all the mob connections..
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-07 13:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Rand announces.
w00t!

Quote:
Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) announced Tuesday that he's running for president in 2016.

"I am running for president to return our country to the principles of liberty and limited government," Paul said in a message on his website.

Paul spoke further about his campaign at a rally in Louisville, Kentucky, Tuesday morning, where he entered to chants of, "President Paul!"

"The Washington machine that gobbles up our freedoms and invades every nook and cranny of our lives must be stopped," Paul said, according to remarks prepared for delivery.

"Both parties and the entire political system are to blame," he added.

Paul stressed his conservative credentials in his speech.

"If we nominate a candidate who is simply 'Democrat light,' what is the point?" Paul said.

Paul also outlined some of his views on topics like the economy, income inequality, foreign policy and criminal justice reform.

"I see an America where criminal justice is applied equally and any law that disproportionately incarcerates people of color is repealed," he said.
Rand Paul Announces He's Running For President In 2016

So far this guy has my vote, but that's mostly because of who is father is.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-07 13:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So far this guy has my vote, but that's mostly because of who is father is.

Stop supporting a monarchy!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-07 13:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Monarchies are the wave of future. Blast from the past. Etc.

Better a monarchy than an inefficient dynasty.

Besides Ron Paul was never president.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-07 13:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If we're going to elect/appoint based on family, doesn't Teddy Roosevelt have a descendant with some balls around?

That's not to say it has to be a man; even a female descendant of T.R. has, by their very genetics, a spiritual -- if not literal -- pair?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-07 14:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

If we're going to elect/appoint based on family, doesn't Teddy Roosevelt have a descendant with some balls around?

That's not to say it has to be a man; even a female descendant of T.R. has, by their very genetics, a spiritual -- if not literal -- pair?
Screw that, best and most effective president to date is William Henry Harrison.

I don't think any political party has any beef with him!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-07 14:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

Give me a name or link and I'll check it out. See if she/he has any good qualities I like.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-07 14:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw that, best and most effective president to date is William Henry Harrison.

I don't think any political party has any beef with him!

They didn't get the time...
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-07 14:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer the Cruz to the Paul, but would be pretty happy either way.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-07 14:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
As long as it's not Christie. (Or Hillary)
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-07 14:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Give me a name or link and I'll check it out. See if she/he has any good qualities I like.

Somewhat coincidentally (I didn't know this until just looking it up), his great-grandson Mark Roosevelt is superintendant of Pittsburgh Public Schools. Or he was, at least. I guess he's president of Antioch College now.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-04-07 14:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
As long as it's not Christie. (Or Hillary)

Christie, Rubio, Bush, GTFO.

No more "Democrat lite".
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-04-07 14:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Still prefer Walker and Ryan over others.

I rather have a budget hawk who actually understands the budgeting process than a pretender who thinks they do (on both sides).

I don't think there is a democrat who actually cares about making a budget, it's all tax-and-spend to them.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-07 14:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »

The fringe left are out hugging trees and having weddings for pets. You are WAY out of touch, homie.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-07 14:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I rather have a budget hawk who actually understands the budgeting process
This is what the U.S. desperately, desperately needs very much right now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-04-07 14:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now the only two people I'd vote for are Paul and Walker.

What's Walker up to on the whole 2016 thing?
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 61 62 63