Dev Tracker - news, discussions
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 201 202 203
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-03-02 02:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen will also be made available to alliances—not because the new boss can only be tackled with a full entourage of adventurers, but because we want players who might be struggling to be able to tackle the content as well. Players may now also hold two of the requisite key items for entering Omen, so if you want to go twice in a row—or save up some for later—you’ll be able to do just that. In order to avoid congestion, we’ll keep the amount of time that must pass between receive the key item at once per twenty hours for the time being.
By Pantafernando 2017-03-02 03:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/52235-Announcing-the-March-Version-Update?p=593253#post593253

Quote:
Announcing the March Version Update

Greetings, adventurers! Matsui here, bringing you the latest in FFXI news amidst the hustle and bustle of the end of the Japanese fiscal year.

The main update in March is the addition of a new boss to Omen in the same vein as Fu, Kyou, Kei, Gin, and Kin. Those familiar with Japanese chess might be able to guess who the next in the series is.

Omen will also be made available to alliances—not because the new boss can only be tackled with a full entourage of adventurers, but because we want players who might be struggling to be able to tackle the content as well. Players may now also hold two of the requisite key items for entering Omen, so if you want to go twice in a row—or save up some for later—you’ll be able to do just that. In order to avoid congestion, we’ll keep the amount of time that must pass between receive the key item at once per twenty hours for the time being.

Those of you who have enjoyed with escutcheons will be happy to learn that we’re adding the second batch of quests and will also be allowing multiple sets to be turned in at once. No more rampant clicking required!

The standard Ambuscade changes will also be going forward, the gil repository will now be able to hold more gil, and there are some adjustments coming to notorious monsters appearing in Geas Fete.

Below is a comprehensive list of what we’re eyeing to put in March’s version update. As always, certain items may not make the final cut if last-minute issues rear their ugly heads.

Mission and Quest-related
Escutcheons
・Add text
・Add event

Content and System-related
Omen
・Increase the limit of maximum number of participants
・Increase the stackable amount for key items
Record of Eminence
・Add category
・Move some of the category
Mog Garden
・Increase the maximum limit in which gil can be stored inside a gil repository
Porter Moogle
・Add item help display feature
Titles
・Add new title
Escutcheons
・Increase amount of items which can be delivered at once
・Display when the craftmanship's bonus requirement has changed in the logs

Battle-related
Omen
・Add new notorious monsters
Ambuscade
・Add new notorious monsters
Record of Eminence
・Add new objectives
Geas Fete
・Adjust some enemies

Item-related
Omen
・Add new recipes
Ambuscade
・Add new recipes
Escutcheons
・Add new recipes
Synthesis
・Add new recipes
・Add new items
 Asura.Syto
Server: Asura
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-03-02 03:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

There you go. Awesome. ^_*)y
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-02 03:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

New boss or new bosses? It's not clear from their text but I think it's only one.
Think we can rule out relic upgrades then.

I'm excited for the ally thing, wonder how the scaling of objectives is gonna work.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-02 03:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Neat. Now I can make an 18 man alliance and wait around for a WHM to appear instead of a 6-man party and wait around for a WHM to appear.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-02 04:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
New boss or new bosses?

Translation team always does this to us.

Last time it was "Adding new Omen routes" when it only was the 1 cardfarm route.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-03-02 04:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

"The main update in March is the addition of a new boss to Omen in the same vein as Fu, Kyou, Kei, Gin, and Kin. Those familiar with Japanese chess might be able to guess who the next in the series is."

Pretty sure it's only 1 new boss. Caturae have always been added in groups of 6 and we are currently missing 1 in Omen.

Abyssea: Iratham, Kutharei, Sippoy, Yaanei, Rani, Raja (6)
Walk of Echoes: Mingyi, Myin, Ne, Sin, Sitke, Yahhta (6)
Voidwatch: Asb, Pil, Rukh, Sarbaz, Shah, Wazir (6)
Escha - Ru'Aun: Bia, Khon, Khun, Ma, Met, Ruea (6)

Schah in Reisenjima being the only exception but it summons all the other Caturae.
[+]
 Asura.Sesono
user: Zyanide
By Asura.Sesono 2017-03-02 04:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Neat. Now I can make an 18 man alliance and wait around for a WHM to appear instead of a 6-man party and wait around for a WHM to appear.
Or - you could just ask me instead :p
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-02 05:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sesono said: »
Or - you could just ask me instead :p

Are you usually on at 12am ish eastern US time?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-03-02 05:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
we want players who might be struggling to be able to tackle the content as well.
Interesting wording, if they want struggling players to be able to join in then there would either have to be no HP scaling or only a minor one. If they keep with their standard HP scaling, groups won't bring struggling players because their presence will not be worth the additional HP.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-03-02 05:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Aaaah more than 6 people \o/
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-03-02 06:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Quote:
we want players who might be struggling to be able to tackle the content as well.
Interesting wording, if they want struggling players to be able to join in then there would either have to be no HP scaling or only a minor one. If they keep with their standard HP scaling, groups won't bring struggling players because their presence will not be worth the additional HP.

That'll really depend. Currently I can do a Gin clear with 30+min remaining. There's really no reason I can't let a returning player tag along on a run even if it increased HP a fair amount.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-03-02 06:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mercenary Shout incoming so ?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-02 06:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Abyssea: Iratham, Kutharei, Sippoy, Yaanei, Rani, Raja (6)
Walk of Echoes: Mingyi, Myin, Ne, Sin, Sitke, Yahhta (6)
Voidwatch: Asb, Pil, Rukh, Sarbaz, Shah, Wazir (6)
Escha - Ru'Aun: Bia, Khon, Khun, Ma, Met, Ruea
Schah in Reisenjima being the only exception but he summons all the other Caturae.
The Omen Caturi are named after Shogi pieces, which piece is missing from the board atm?

Curious how you gonna access it and which scales he's gonna drop, if at all.

Pretty confident at this point we can rule out the relic thing, and makes much more sense to me, always thought it was way too early for relic reforge.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-03-02 06:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi (Rook), Kaku (Bishop), and Ou or Gyoku (King)

They might jump straight to King, but I bet they do Kaku instead.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-03-02 06:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The king model is missing so probably Gyoku. That is the model shown and the models used for Raja and Schah. Raja was based on the king piece and I'm pretty sure Schah is suppose to be the king also.
[+]
 Phoenix.Libbien
user: Alttp
By Phoenix.Libbien 2017-03-02 06:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Those of you who have enjoyed with escutcheons will be happy to learn that we’re adding the second batch of quests and will also be allowing multiple sets to be turned in at once. No more rampant clicking required!

Wish they'd apply this logic to ambu capes...
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-02 06:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Quote:

That'll really depend. Currently I can do a Gin clear with 30+min remaining. There's really no reason I can't let a returning player tag along on a run even if it increased HP a fair amount.
Yeah and on stuff like Kyou it would actually make it easier, despite more people.
But really yeah, Gin/Kyou gonna be super easy, Fu don't think it will change a lot, Kei and Kin uhng... but then again like Lady said it depends on how good your core group is. The better the core, the more leechs you'll be able to bring
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2017-03-02 07:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
The king model is missing so probably Gyoku. That is the model shown and the models used for Raja and Schah. Raja was based on the king piece and I'm pretty sure Schah is suppose to be the king also.
Raja - Indian word for King
Schah - Persian word for King (and weirdly ultimately where we get the word for Chess from... thanks German.)

I've not played chess with any Indian or Iranian person, but chances are that those are the words they use for those pieces.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Hi (Rook), Kaku (Bishop), and Ou or Gyoku (King)

They might jump straight to King, but I bet they do Kaku instead.
Why not all three? Could do a 5-2-1 spread type deal. (Or just add on laterally like they probably will.)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-03-02 07:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they said today that they're adding only one.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-03-02 09:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

HAY BERTHY BOO
user: Kenseto
By Asura.Kensetobyakara 2017-03-02 10:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Libbien said: »
Quote:

Wish they'd apply this logic to ambu capes...
Tfw you buy a dozen or so upgrade items...then realize you have to turn them all in individually...
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-03-02 11:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone explain to me the pattern for ambuscade rewards?

I get that the current showcase armor gets moved to gallantry the following month, but how do the vouchers work for previously released sets?

Basically, I am trying to figure out when I can work on getting the Tali'ah set that I missed out on.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-03-02 11:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Vouchers for the second round of sets are coming in this month's update.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-03-02 11:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Vouchers for the second round of sets are coming in this month's update.

Which armor sets are considered "second round"? The limbus/nyzul sets?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-03-02 11:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The limbus/nyzul sets?

Yes
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2017-03-02 11:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Quote:
The limbus/nyzul sets?

Yes

Thanks, apologies for the confusion.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-03-02 18:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »

F yeaaaaaaah! We can actually put Omen into solid LS event rotation for my group where we usually have more than a party's worth of people! Great change.
By Treizekordero 2017-03-02 20:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

As for Ambuscade sets...

Now that they finished the Nyzul/Limbus sets, I wonder if they are gonna do a 3rd group of gear based on the WotG gear (Iron Ram, Cobra Unit, Fourth Division)? If they do, would they start it in March or after? I'd assume after but then again the current 10 sets could be it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-03 01:12:27
Link | Quote | Reply

99% sure March will have no new gear, but will have a new set of vouchers (which they already announced) for the 5 new sets added recently (Nyzul+Limbus).
As for the future of Ambuscade who knows. I don't expect new gear but I expect them to restart sets from the first one and rotate all of them for the upcoming 10 months.
Wouldn't surprise me if they decided to rotate fights again from the beginning as well.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 132 133 134 ... 201 202 203