First Page 2 3 ... 131 132 133 ... 201 202 203
 Asura.Sesono
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Zyanide
By Asura.Sesono 2017-02-23 05:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Problem here would rather be if you get 1 card every 10 runs even on VD and it's in the global treasure pool and not personal. In such a scenario *** that, I wouldn't even bother.

wich sounds exactly what SE would do...and would make this whole campaign obsolete. Lets hope it wont be that way.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-23 05:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I have only done the Helltail Harry BC, I think. It wasn't hard on VD as a solo PLD, but took a little while.

If the cards drop from monsters like the other campaign, he and Franz both have helpers.

I have >10k SKCs between my characters. Even if the job card drops are random and only 1/BC and there's only an ~8/22 chance of getting a job card I want, I'll still get ~400 job cards if I burn all my seals.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-23 05:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you factoring the amount of time lost doing the BC and lost warping back/forth from jeuno to exchange for new balls?
Sounds like it would take a lot of time to burn 10k seals.

Question is: would it be worth it, or would it be better to spend that time in other activities?

I know what the answer will be, for me at least, if it goes in a scenario like the one I described before.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-23 05:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends how brainless I can make it. I have no problems spending thousands of HKCs, because the BCNM takes me 35-45 seconds.

If I can trash Franz&Co. on BLM, I might just see how many I can do.

I value job cards highly right now. I can only do Omen once every 24 hours, so (after that) this event doesn't have much competition. I imagine I'll do Omen, burn my voidwatch stones, and then do this event until I can't make myself kill another worm.

Edit: Went to test it out. They misnamed this BC "The Worm's Tail." I did it on N, because I'd apparently not done this BC before. Then I did it on VD. The worms gain substantial INT, MDB, or MDT at higher difficulties. I did 60% less damage per nuke on VD than D, and it was consistent (and I could still sleep/petrify them) so it wasn't an MAcc issue. N took me 1.5 minutes. VD took me 13 minutes.

Currently I'm thinking that GEO/SCH might be the way to go. I bet I can resist them on VD with Barstonra (from my mule before I enter) and Indi-Attunement (my BLM did well with just Barstone from /RDM), and casting Geo-Malaise on Franz will help increase damage. I will still get manifestation sleep for the start. -ra spells are also better than -aja spells because they're player centered, so I can continue casting on the 15 helpers while staying out of melee range even after Franz is dead.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-23 10:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Does that factor in that Akvan/Kaggen/Pil can be killed a lot quicker than Qilin/Aello/Uptala.
Should be little to no difference with 5 displacers. Even Bismarck/Morta go down pretty fast at that point.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2017-02-23 11:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
It depends how brainless I can make it. I have no problems spending thousands of HKCs, because the BCNM takes me 35-45 seconds.

If I can trash Franz&Co. on BLM, I might just see how many I can do.

I value job cards highly right now. I can only do Omen once every 24 hours, so (after that) this event doesn't have much competition. I imagine I'll do Omen, burn my voidwatch stones, and then do this event until I can't make myself kill another worm.

Edit: Went to test it out. They misnamed this BC "The Worm's Tail." I did it on N, because I'd apparently not done this BC before. Then I did it on VD. The worms gain substantial INT, MDB, or MDT at higher difficulties. I did 60% less damage per nuke on VD than D, and it was consistent (and I could still sleep/petrify them) so it wasn't an MAcc issue. N took me 1.5 minutes. VD took me 13 minutes.

Currently I'm thinking that GEO/SCH might be the way to go. I bet I can resist them on VD with Barstonra (from my mule before I enter) and Indi-Attunement (my BLM did well with just Barstone from /RDM), and casting Geo-Malaise on Franz will help increase damage. I will still get manifestation sleep for the start. -ra spells are also better than -aja spells because they're player centered, so I can continue casting on the 15 helpers while staying out of melee range even after Franz is dead.

How resistant were the mobs to nukes on N? Also can you report back on job card drop rate for N?

If not to resistant, can probably mindlessly nuke ***as BST and a good nuking set and that easiness might be enough to make me be not-lazy and do this.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-23 11:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I soloed that BC on N (or was it D? Suspect N) eons ago on GEO with no trusts, no dualbox stuff etc.
Considering how shitty my gear was back then I'd dare to say it's pretty lol at N
By clearlyamule 2017-02-23 12:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Also can you report back on job card drop rate for N?
Right now it's 0%
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-23 12:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I spammed it for a while back when on PLD+GEO. Used AE spam on PLD to kill main+ add. Only issue was, Geo-Malaise on the main NM wouldn't reach the outer circle of worms, unless I used widened compass(omg, a use for that SP!?)

So it was really fast whenever SP2 was up, and a bit slow when it wasn't. Usually had to nuke the outer circle down on GEO.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-24 03:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

New bosses in Omen? Wut?
Not that I'm complaining, but what are they trying to do here?

Hope in the meantime they're working on content to upgrade Relic armor as well (which won't come until after April I'm sure)
By Pantafernando 2017-02-24 04:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the Next Version Update (02/24/2017)

The next version update is scheduled for early March.

March brings with it all-new bosses to Omen!

Other battle content includes the monthly Ambuscade adjustments, and crafters can look forward to the second part of the Escutcheon questline!
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-02-24 04:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

New bosses = new scales which (maybe) means the AF2?? one can only hope!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-24 04:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm betting we start seeing reforged Relic stuff.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-24 05:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So early? When people are still deep into AF1 reforging and hardly anyone has completed a full set yet?
I know I have only 2x +3 and like 5 or 6 +2 plus random cards.
(I did miss a few days of Omen of course)

It's not that I'm complaining, I just find it a bit unlikely? But if they wanna give us reforged relic so be it.
Nomnom Bihu +3 body for ddBRD

Reforged relics in general has more interest/potential than reforged AF, imho.
Of course Empy even more.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-24 05:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't it be a couple of new bosses that do not drop scales at all but *GASP* drop a lot of cards?

One man can dream...

I would apreciate some new midboss too, doing always the same 3 is getting boring fast.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-02-24 05:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So uhhh...the ambuscade SS...isn't that relic armor for those jobs? At least the BLM one?
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-02-24 06:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like a Dynamis themed fight for next month. Fomors with relic gear and weapons + an Ahriman
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-24 06:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Wild theory: You need to trade 1 of each scale to the warp point to unlock Schah boss in Omen ! Hope you kept all those spare scales !
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-24 06:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Wild theory: You need to trade 1 of each scale to the warp point to unlock Schah boss in Omen ! Hope you kept all those spare scales !
I like this theory and would give meaning/purpose to the overflow of Scales that we all have.

Still hope SE will one day allow us to convert scales in cards :(
By FaeQueenCory 2017-02-24 09:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Reforged relics in general has more interest/potential than reforged AF, imho.
Of course Empy even more.
I sorta agree and sorta disagree.
I think we can expect at least 1 ability added to each piece (mostly I suspect MBB and WSdmg) but for Relic I could also see them adding the second 1hr to the 1hr augment item.
And likewise I'd expect them to fill in some 90+ JAs on Empyrean Armor that didn't exist when it was first added. (Like adding a boost for Ternary Flourish to DNC's empy body, for example.)

But overall, I do expect the +1 => +2 will be a less transformative change... even with just a single new effect.
And unlike the +1 levels, where RF1 << RF2 ≈ RF3, I suspect the +2/3s to be more relatively equal in power/use.
By clearlyamule 2017-02-24 11:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
New bosses = new scales which (maybe) means the AF2?? one can only hope!
You spelled fear wrong :p
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-24 11:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kinda early for relic, they would of announced that if they were going to do it. Probably just adding more boss's with more drops and hopefully doing something about exchanging scales for something useful. I don't expect relic for at least another three months, then emperian another four months after that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2017-02-25 07:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno why people are so doubtful about them introducing relic reforges when in all probability they specced out those sets at the same time they did AF+2/+3.

The upgrade system is very likely going to be the same, just utilizing different mats, so it basically boils down to simply adding in the new paths/bosses and expanding the npc script.

The key thing is that these upgrades are not just about promoting Omen, but also stimulating interest in other events and activities, which is a pressing concern at this point.

Looking at the way they've done the AF upgrades, they've taken a very formulaic approach to what stats they add and I'd expect them to do exactly the same with Relic. So although its a lot of pieces, its relatively speaking a smaller amount of work than it appears.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-25 09:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think people are doubting they're gonna add Relic reforge. It's obvious they will.
People are kinda skeptic on them coming in march already.
It seems a bit early compared to my expectations on their plans (i.e. milking stuff as much as possible).

I sure won't complain if I'm wrong though!
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-02-25 12:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's about how they set this content up to take months just to complete a single set of armor for 1 job. Unless they add a way to like triple card farming rate adding relic right now before anyone can finish 1 jobs af would be ridiculously overwhelming
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-02-25 13:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They need to be careful not to overwhelm players. Not everyone is ready to jump in on relic/empy upgrades. It would also annoy people if you just spend mucho gil upgrading to +3 only to have the gear immediately outdated by a better piece on the same slot.

Which is why I'm actually hedging my upgrades, working on the pieces I know I will use swap in or ortherwise, rather than upgrading every slot,

I also hope they house the relic/empy farming in different omen zones. And wrap them in some nice interesting questline story.

Limbus themed zones would make sense. The zones are there and are in the same structure as omen.

Lastly, I'm not completely sold on them extending the omen drop rates and upgrade progression to empy/relic. It seems so tedious, so here's to hoping we get slightly different ways to upgrade those pieces.

I do wonder if the event that drops relic/empy upgrades will also re-introduce updated JSE accessories from abyssea/dynamis. That would drive interest beyond the chore of collecting XX cards to upgrade one piece of gear as well as provide more equitable rewards between groups that can clear everything right away to groups still gearing up.

I feel like current omen punishes the latter way too much. Having powerful JSE items as alternative rewards could help.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2017-02-25 14:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dekusutaa said: »
They need to be careful not to overwhelm players. Not everyone is ready to jump in on relic/empy upgrades. It would also annoy people if you just spend mucho gil upgrading to +3 only to have the gear immediately outdated by a better piece on the same slot.

The main issue I have with these release patterns are that none of these are necessary to really do anything. What I mean is there was a rather clear progression of equipment and spoils to tackle ever increasing content through Adoulin and Rhapsodies.

Omen has just been "Here's some super cool stuff because we can so you can steam roll old things". Which is great for tons of players, don't get me wrong, but shows a lack of direction to release anything more. Not to mention the forever locked at 6 people mentality which is a disappointing trend.

Old game is old though, what more can you expect.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-02-25 15:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jumeya said: »

The main issue I have with these release patterns are that none of these are necessary to really do anything. What I mean is there was a rather clear progression of equipment and spoils to tackle ever increasing content through Adoulin and Rhapsodies.

Omen has just been "Here's some super cool stuff because we can so you can steam roll old things". Which is great for tons of players, don't get me wrong, but shows a lack of direction to release anything more. Not to mention the forever locked at 6 people mentality which is a disappointing trend.

Old game is old though, what more can you expect.

This is why I am hoping relic/empy upgrades have more to it than just the same grind to +2/3 the gear. But ideally, it would be wrapped in a questline.

I mean they've had 12+ months now to guage how the population is holding after the game 'ended' with RoV and PS2/360 support ended and population is for the most part where is was a year ago, so you'd think they would have gotten the green light to do some kind of content expansion with a bunch of quests/story thrown in.

Easy $10 or whatever it will cost to buy the add-on, and we get more than just more of the same. Granted you can never believe what the devs say half the time as they once claimed PS2 limitations limited zone counts right before they released Adoulin, with PS2 supported, but I am hoping for the best that the dribble of monthly ambush content will pay off in a context patch that isn't just adding another battlefield with nothing else around it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-25 15:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is why I'm actually hedging my upgrades, working on the pieces I know I will use swap in or ortherwise, rather than upgrading every slot,
I'm doing the same.
Can foresee with a pretty high (altough not 100%) accuracy what we'll get on relic and empy reforge, and for that reason you might want to wait to upgrade some pieces.

Quote:
Lastly, I'm not completely sold on them extending the omen drop rates and upgrade progression to empy/relic. It seems so tedious, so here's to hoping we get slightly different ways to upgrade those pieces.
Omen is cool, it's just the exchange rate for cards is nonsensical, and the 20hrs cooldown is bonkers.
I'd be more fine about it if you could store a higher number of KIs instead of just one.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-03-02 00:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jumeya said: »
Not to mention the forever locked at 6 people mentality which is a disappointing trend.

Yeah, I think the 6 person structure is my least favorite aspect of Omen. My small event LS either has like 8-10 people on so there are too many of us to run Omen as a group and it sucks to have to leave people out or try to cobble together multiple groups (which always seem to need filling with others or trusts). Or at other times, maybe 2-3 of us want to Omen and we can farm cards... but NM clears aren't really that viable for us with half a party of trusts. And the once a day timer restricts people from randomly jumping in, if they DO plan to go with a more static party at another scheduled time.

I don't really expect it, but would be nice to have Omen content that allows for more inclusive setups than a static ~6 man team. IDK, maybe some sort of entry for up to an 18/18 alliance for the new Omen NMs?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 131 132 133 ... 201 202 203