Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Discussion/Matchmaking

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Discussion/Matchmaking
Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Discussion/Matchmaking
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-03-11 05:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

thinking of making a Majin next when i beat the story.

but im lovin my Saiyan still lol

[+]
By lhova 2015-03-11 09:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok to the game mechanics, is this game an rpg or just a fighter or maybe hybrid? Im thinking about buying it for PS4 since I love the anime series but I don't want to get bored after I beat the story mode in a few hours. Also whats the highest SS you can reach? Can you fly around a "massive world" or do you have to just follow a path? Thanks for any information.
By Darkalenia 2015-03-11 09:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

lhova said: »
Ok to the game mechanics, is this game an rpg or just a fighter or maybe hybrid? Im thinking about buying it for PS4 since I love the anime series but I don't want to get bored after I beat the story mode in a few hours. Also whats the highest SS you can reach? Can you fly around a "massive world" or do you have to just follow a path? Thanks for any information.

Fighter with RPG elements. Think Tenkaichi (battle system) meets Budokai 3 (leveling system).

As you do battles, you gain experience. Once you level, you get 3 attribute points to allocate over a few stats to improve your character.

Highest Super Saiyan you can attain is Super Saiyan 2/Super Vegeta.

As for the world, it's 1 hub city (Tokitoki City) from which you go to different locales to battle and advance the story/do quests.
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-03-11 18:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

lol looking at the player roster, and it looks like the one playing the frieza race would have alot of explaining todo to the mass of Saiyans if these chars realy existed in the anime :x
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-12 17:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Before I edit the spreadsheet, does anyone here play the xbox version at all? If not then I'm going to hide the columns.
By Bloodrose 2015-03-12 17:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to try the game, but I can't seem to justify paying 85 dollars for something like that.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-12 17:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

also <_< please stay within the limits if the cell widths, thanks :P
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-12 17:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
I want to try the game, but I can't seem to justify paying 85 dollars for something like that.
I can tell you my opinion from someone who isn't filled with nostalgia. I think the game is challenging so far, but there are some issues with battle AI. Easy to exploit it, at least for now.

I wouldn't have even considered it if D didn't want to play it.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-03-13 00:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Codex.

I got Codex on release day then bought the game + season pass for 40$. Look it up on Google, it's easy to find.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2015-03-13 00:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I also want to try this game, but I'm just a lowly PS3 user. Haven't upgraded to PS4 yet and probably won't for a pretty long time.

Waiting for a sale on this game.
 Asura.Aldrai
Server: Asura
user: Aldrai
By Asura.Aldrai 2015-03-13 01:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohji Lunartail said: »
lol looking at the player roster, and it looks like the one playing the frieza race would have alot of explaining todo to the mass of Saiyans if these chars realy existed in the anime :x

Hahahahaha! I'm a good guy. Really I am!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-03-13 11:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

93mb update on Steam.
Wonder if this'll fix the "Bwahaha! Thanks for the energy" bug. :o
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-13 11:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Like this game to play it casually
still trying to fight my way out of the Cell saga :(

go go Majin!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2015-03-13 11:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Steam update was for DLC Pack 1.
Steam players with the season pass now have access to the content.

Also patch notes:
Quote:
Patch Notes:
Hi dear Dragon Ball Xenoverse players, following your feedbacks we fixed some issues of the game.
Please update your version now to enjoy the following fixes:

• The Z-Soul 'You can be the first victim' now works properly and gives full bars of Ki when activated. This issue tends to happen with 60 FPS framerate.

•The Z-Soul 'Tien, Please don’t die' now works properly and charge all allies' Ki to max when the player's character gets knocked out. This issue tends to happen with 60 FPS framerate.

•The Z-Soul 'I'll take you down!' now works properly and gives full bars of Ki when activated. This issue tends to happen with 60 FPS framerate.

•The Z-Soul 'Bwa ha ha… Thanks for the energy.' now behave properly and gives health based on the damage received when activated.

Thanks for your everlasting support
MSPaint Winner
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-03-13 19:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

second char made~
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-13 21:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know if this download is legit and if so if online playability is still viable?
better to ask than get burned on cash.

VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-13 22:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Many of those sites work by selling keys. Any user is able to sell a key, and most of the deals too good to be true are illegal keys. They "might" work, but they aren't legitimate and/or are stolen.

It's basically the same as pirating, except you are spending your money. The developers of the game are free to block your key, and you'll have to get a new legitimate key to continue playing.

A few months ago a few thousand users had their key blocked on the new far cry game.
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-03-13 22:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this game alternate English and Japanese audio the way Dragon Ball DVD sets do?

I'm wondering because the background music for both are drastically different from each other. I grew up watching Dragon Ball Z on TV. Years later, I watched it all in it's original audio and was shocked at what a difference Bruce Faulconer's soundtrack made to the feel and atmosphere of the show.

I've bought several Dragon Ball games in the past and was always kind of disappointed that none of them used Bruce Faulconer's work in them.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-03-13 23:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bruce doesn't want to have his "work" on any further product of the DBZ franchise. I forgot what happened exactly, but he pretty much bragged that the whole OST was his work and then received all the ***for it (since it's ***). Then he became butthurt and just prevented it from being used again.
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-03-13 23:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty sad. Considering that's pretty much all he's known for. Would be nice to know the full story.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-03-13 23:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing against Xenoverse in that regard is that they didn't use any specific music. They didn't use Bardock's theme, they didn't use Trunks because of legal issues (most of the old themes are banned), they didn't use the musics that weren't banned because they need edgy music for the West (see Tatsunoki vs Capcom for a different approach to "how to deal with the West").

It's a shame that Japanese companies do that but at the same time, TVC offered a very good OST in the West due to that.
[+]
 Asura.Celoria
user: celoria
By Asura.Celoria 2015-03-14 04:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Many of those sites work by selling keys. Any user is able to sell a key, and most of the deals too good to be true are illegal keys. They "might" work, but they aren't legitimate and/or are stolen.

It's basically the same as pirating, except you are spending your money. The developers of the game are free to block your key, and you'll have to get a new legitimate key to continue playing.

A few months ago a few thousand users had their key blocked on the new far cry game.

Said *** it, bought off steam.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-14 06:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
Does this game alternate English and Japanese audio the way Dragon Ball DVD sets do?
Yes, you can set the language track to either one.
By Darkalenia 2015-03-14 08:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celoria said: »
Said *** it, bought off steam.

Yay!

Next time though, use isthereanydeal.com. You can type in the name of any game, and it will list you all the reputable sites that currently have it available and at what price. Very useful for finding the best deals! Here's an example for Xenoverse:

MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2015-03-14 08:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Free Four-star Dragonballs from the system as compensation for the server issues.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-14 08:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That sucks, I already have a 4-star Dragon Ball -.-
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2015-03-14 08:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Use it up first, then pick up the new one? D:
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-14 08:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
I'm having a hard time getting them. I got one in the Gohan PQ where I fight 100% Freeza, and I got 3 from the Raditz/Nappa/Vegeta fight.

But I haven't seen any of the other Time Patrollers in any of the other quests, and the one in the Freeza fight came after I beat him (just barely, that PQ was a surprise and I wasn't prepared for it, didn't have any health items on hand lol)

I did get my first completed master quests done, got Makankōsappō last night. Yes, I'm very behind on this game.........
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2015-03-14 09:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having a hard time getting them. I got one in the Gohan PQ where I fight 100% Freeza, and I got 3 from the Raditz/Nappa/Vegeta fight.

But I haven't seen any of the other Time Patrollers in any of the other quests, and the one in the Freeza fight came after I beat him (just barely, that PQ was a surprise and I wasn't prepared for it, didn't have any health items on hand lol)

I did get my first completed master quests done, got Makankōsappō last night. Yes, I'm very behind on this game.........
PQ2 is one of the best to farm balls.
Beat Tien, Yamcha and Krillin and if the Time Patroller doesn't show up in front of the palace, restart it. If they don't drop the ball (key item), restart it.
Then once you're down to the last ball, PQ12 is probably best since the Patroller shows up right in front of you at the start without having to fight anyone, so if they're not there you can retry right away.

But if you're still not far in, just have fun instead and forget farming the balls unless you really want something from them. :p
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2015-03-14 12:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Farm PQ02 until you get 5/6, then farm the PQ with Freezer and the planet exploding. The Time Patroller will show up after Freezer dies.

Alternatively, stick to 02 and retry whenever the Time Patroller doesn't pop/drop.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7