Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-23 11:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes working out is boring, but if you care about your body you can't expect it to be like you want just sitting around all day. It's a sacrifice, whether worth it or not it's on you of course.
To me, it is.

edit: this was in reply to el Ramyrez, millions of posts ago
By Ramyrez 2014-12-23 11:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Yes working out is boring, but if you care about your body you can't expect it to be like you want just sitting around all day. It's a sacrifice, whether worth it or not it's on you of course.
To me, it is.

edit: this was in reply to el Ramyrez, millions of posts ago

If it was just working out, it'd be fine. But as the old addage goes, "lose weight in the kitchen, get fit in the gym".

It's not just working out, it's altering lifestyle and trying to alter the psychological and physical response of your body to food. Which is considerably harder.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-23 11:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose. Eating like a bird I guess food never posed a problem for me. I mean I do eat what I want, but in very low quantities so who knows.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-23 11:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I.e. - replace mayonnaise with mustard.

This kind of ***drives me batshit insane about "helpful nutrition tips", as if I haven't seen all of these listed before, asi f they weren't obvious in the first place.

What do you do when you just dislike the "healthier" options? I don't like salmon or most other "healthy" fish. Tilapia and other white fishes are good when properly seasoned, but they're not as healthy as other, fishier fishes. I despise mustard and mushrooms. Rosemary is constantly listed in low-sodium diets to help season up food lacking salt, except I dislike Rosemary. Large pieces of raw tomato are gross.

I could go on, but you get the point.

I did quite well about a year ago losing weight regularly, but the routine just wears me the *** down with its monotony and blandness, both from an exercise and nutrition standpoint.

Which is why so many "diet plans" fail. You don't need a diet, you need to change lifestyle to lose weight and keep it off, and frankly any "healthy" lifestyle I've tried is boring as ***.

Which is why I tend to do it only part of the time. Meh.

Look, I'm aware it's a shortcoming on my part, but man. Bland food and boring hours at the gym. Hoo-***-ray.

Have you considered buying equipment? They aren't all that expensive, atleast not if you're just seeking to lose it. Obviously advanced toning equipment could come at price (and room space), but the things that can drop the weight (and provide moderate gains) are fairly cheap, and don't consume much space.

I'd have given up if Gym was my only option, after work, it's the last place I'd want to go. The convenience of home equipment is quite remarkable.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 11:15:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
become a forum mod for FFXIAH

serious resolution

I'd probably laugh at the guy who doesn't have your job, but could do a better job at it, too.
Stroke that ego!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-23 11:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true, *** the gym!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 11:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
That's true, *** the gym!
Literally or figuratively?

With you, you never know. If you mean literally, time for me to join your gym (~.^)
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-23 11:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

become a forum mod for FFXIAH

serious resolution

I'd probably laugh at the guy who doesn't have your job, but could do a better job at it, too.

Better job? Ha!

Ever wonder why the site isn't full with chaos; many site-breaking bugs; littered with spambot posts, naked images, bad words; we still have google adsense, and certain people no longer post anymore?

Paying attention is a Mod prerequisite. ;)

1. Get powerful computer and other devices for it.
2. Complete full story.
3. Start and finish first season.
4. At least get halfway through season 2.

Gonna add onto this.

5. Prepare yourself for haters. They gonna hate.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 11:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

5. Prepare yourself for haters. They gonna hate.
Should be your call sign.

Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-23 11:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Rather difficult to put the gif on a searchlight and light it up into the sky when we're needed.
By volkom 2014-12-23 11:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i could deal without the naked images, but i miss bad words in pictures
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 11:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Rather difficult to put the gif on a searchlight and light it up into the sky when we're needed.
Maybe not, but you can always change the report button to light up a mod signal.

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-23 11:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop derailing.

Thank you kindly.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 11:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop derailing.

Thank you kindly.
Hey, you were the one who thought they would do a better job than modcat.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-23 11:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop derailing.
Thank you kindly.

but yes, back to resolutions.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-23 11:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, he does act like a moderator, sometimes.

Still derailing? STFU!
By Ramyrez 2014-12-23 11:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My wife has an eliptical, I find it to be sub-optimal. Not enough room for additional equipment.

I really don't mind the gym all that much once I actually get there. The bigger issue is the time involved actually going to the gym, the longer prep time for "healthier" meals, cutting down on drinking and actually liking what I'm eating.

It's basically all mind-over-matter for me. But it's also sort of a constant battle in my head, and nine times out of ten the preferred activity wins.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-12-23 11:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kenru, if you are trying to get under the mods skin, you need to get on my level.

Speaking of, I guess I could make a resolution to be nicer to the mods... except Anna.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-23 11:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

At least GC makes me laugh.

Adding another to my list:

6. Create the perfect Anti-mod nemesis for epic battles of powers.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-23 11:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Aelius has banned me before, pretty sure he's just waiting for me to give him an excuse.

Anyway, my real resolution: Make more gains I guess, can't really think of anything else I'd want, that is achievable. I wish I could say push for a job promotion, but maybe in 4 more years.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-23 11:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

All of those things you listed Ramyrez are your own conscious limitations. You may not like "diets" (I hate the word also), but it is what it is. Until you decide to take a considerable amount of your time and devote it to that specific endeavor, you won't see the results like you want. Its very easy to reach for the low-hanging fruit and just do the norm.

I know you've heard it all before, but what you've also heard before is you telling yourself "its hard and its a mental battle". If you just make a goal and really try hard to stick to it instead of caving at the first sign of failure, you might be surprised what you can accomplish.

That's actually true of mostly all resolutions, which is why this time of year gyms are usually flooded with people who never complete their goals. Its easier to make all of the excuses and air them out, then to suck it up, swallow them, and just fight through it. Myself included.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2014-12-23 12:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know that it's fair to call activities you enjoy "low-hanging fruit", but otherwise I was pretty sure that's what I said already.

It's just, you know. Getting over the mental block of living a lifestyle you don't enjoy.

No biggy.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-23 12:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Healthy eating can be hard to tolerate, think this guy agrees:

YouTube Video Placeholder

So I just eat and lift.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-12-23 12:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't watch videos atm, but ugh.

Body builder diets are *** terrible. I work with a doctor who competes in amateur body building competitions in the 60+ years old categories and does really well, but when he's actively training for competitions he eats like...boneless/skinless chicken breast and green beans, both completely unseasoned. And that's it.

One time someone asked him if that was even healthy to limit your diet that much and he just burst out laughing and said, "No. Not at all."
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-23 12:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

if those are activities you enjoy, you don't need to apologize for them at all. Just know that the price tag at the end is...the mental anguish of trying to undo that lifestyle.

Nobody wants to their life to be defined by constantly dieting and strenuous working out (unless you are a bodybuilder). To the average person, that is a miserable life to live. But until the human body or modern food evolves, there's really nothing left than to just do it. Believe me when I say this, but I go through the same mental anguish that you do every day. It sucks. Getting into a rut sucks even more. Getting into a good routine, and then seeing very little results all but zaps any zeal and impetus.

At the end of all of that, eventually we'll come to 2 outcomes: 1- "IDGAF ANYMORE, gonna live my life to the fullest" or 2- "Let me try again."

Which is why resolutions really suck. They are horrible lies we tell ourselves to make ourselves feel better about the future. When the future comes, we concede defeat and go back to what we were doing before the resolution. Until the next Year. Sucks suck sucks, man.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-12-23 12:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
At the end of all of that, eventually we'll come to 2 outcomes: 1- "IDGAF ANYMORE, gonna live my life to the fullest" or 2- "Let me try again."

Yeah. Can't seem to dedicate to either, really.

This is my life.