Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » 2015 Resolutions
2015 Resolutions
First Page 2 3 4 5
By fonewear 2014-12-22 22:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yea 2015 is year of the something according to my Chinese astrology calendar.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-22 22:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The new year resolution for me feels significant in one of my lifetime goals which is to run for office when i turn 35 in 2020. I know it sounds like big dreams but

like bon jovi says in my humble opinion

" its my life and its now or never, cause i ain't going to live forever".

So i plan on saving back money for the federal election committee which is currently 5,000 for official filing.

the goal is 1,000 each year 2015,2016,2017,2018,2019.

I want to create A Better America by restoring the Republic for which it was founded for and by the people. You heard it here first.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 00:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm Gallantry said: »
This year, it's not really as much as resolutions but trying my best to achieve what I wanted to do for awhile.

1)Travel - Atleast see Meteor Crater in Arizona.

2)Spend two weeks out in nature, just backpacking and maybe cover 50+ miles.

3)Write a graphic novel, not a long one, but code the whole program with music.

4)Sail with friends from Virginia to Florida along the east coast.

5)Even just for fun, try to pan for gold and get atleast a flake.

6)Get my A+ certification, just for s&g..

That's awesome and I encourage it.

One of my favorite quotes from Thomas Jefferson was

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.

We are fortunate to live in a country where we can make our dreams real. Never give up.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-23 00:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Get powerful computer and other devices for it.
2. Complete full story.
3. Start and finish first season.
4. At least get halfway through season 2.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 01:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
2. Complete full story.

Full story for what and what seasons?
By Voren 2014-12-23 01:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

My resolution is to work on having more follow through.

Too often I begin a project and leave it half done. Either something occurs that causes me to set it to the side or I simply become uninterested in it.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-23 01:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
2. Complete full story.

My own creation. ;)
[+]
Server: Ultros
Game: FFXIV
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2014-12-23 02:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Lose weight with my boyfriend.
2. Stop worrying and be happy.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2014-12-23 02:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
2. Complete full story.

My own creation. ;)

Your a great American we need fresh innovative folks like you that is the American way. Building things with your brain using the imagination and creating it with your hands.

That's awesome.
[+]
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2014-12-23 02:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Buy waywaywayway less Red Bull.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-12-23 07:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm Gallantry said: »
This year, it's not really as much as resolutions but trying my best to achieve what I wanted to do for awhile.

1)Travel - Atleast see Meteor Crater in Arizona.

2)Spend two weeks out in nature, just backpacking and maybe cover 50+ miles.

3)Write a graphic novel, not a long one, but code the whole program with music.

4)Sail with friends from Virginia to Florida along the east coast.

5)Even just for fun, try to pan for gold and get atleast a flake.

6)Get my A+ certification, just for s&g..
I didn't make it a resolution or anything, but Santa is getting me study guides for Network+ and Security+.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-23 08:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Already making preparations for mine. I'm going to work towards completing P90X completely (Meal plan, Supplement Plan, and workout).

Already have the DVD, grabbing a few workout items, making lists of my grocery list and workout cycles, along with my weightlifting days.

I have completed other tasks, like Tough Mudder in the past, so this is one extra fitness goal I want to reach.

Depending on how good the results are, I may do it twice.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 08:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Oh yea 2015 is year of the something according to my Chinese astrology calendar.

Interesting tidbit: Nobody wants to be born on the year of the Goat, so don't expect a population boom in China in the year of "miscarriages" and "abortions."
[+]
By volkom 2014-12-23 08:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Interesting tidbit: Nobody wants to be born on the year of the Goat, so don't expect a population boom in China in the year of "miscarriages" and "abortions."

sheep/goat/ram.
can't be that bad
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 08:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

sheep/goat/ram.
can't be that bad
Having a goat in the family makes people horny.
By Ramyrez 2014-12-23 08:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

What's wrong with goats? I don't remember any anti-goat bias in Chinese culture from the courses I took in college...

How could anyone NOT want to be born in the Year of the Goat? =\

Whatever. This is what this goat thinks of children who don't want to be Year of the Goat babies.

By volkom 2014-12-23 08:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

sheep/goat/ram.
can't be that bad
Having a goat in the family makes people horny.

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-23 09:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
How could anyone NOT want to be born in the Year of the Goat?
According to Chinese proverbs, people born on the Year of the Goat tend to be flockers, followers, not leaders, rulers.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2014-12-23 09:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually have a little Year of the Goat decoration on my desk. One of my wife's Chinese coworkers brought back from China for me last time she went. I'd take a picture, but sadly any photography in the building is strictly prohibited.
 Odin.Strummer
Server: Odin
By Odin.Strummer 2014-12-23 09:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a Capricorn born in the year of the goat and grew up on a goat ranch. Let me tell you about horny...
[+]
By volkom 2014-12-23 10:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-23 10:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

become a forum mod for FFXIAH

serious resolution
By Bloodrose 2014-12-23 10:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Back on the weight loss plan. The last few months have set me back, but it's time to lose all the weight, this time. I'm down sixty pounds; time to make it 120.

Hating weight loss plans.

Mostly because they universally mean cutting down and preferably eliminating my favorite calorie-high, nutrient-low thing in the world: alcohol.

But even beyond that they all mean eating boring, bland, long-to-prepare-for-less-reward food.

Wish I was one of those people who just didn't give a damn about food. Those people make me jealous as ***.
While I'm not a fan of weight loss plans either, certain alcohols in moderation can help your digestion of food, and even break down fats in the body.
Additionally, as long as you manage to keep your metabolism high by eating smaller meals throughout the day, you can pretty much eat what you want, as long as you exercise it off, using the right exercises.

Recently my dad ended up dropping 10 pounds, and all he's really done differently is eat cookies and muffins, for breakfast, mid-morning snack, and lunch.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-12-23 10:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
But even beyond that they all mean eating boring, bland, long-to-prepare-for-less-reward food.

Not true at all. If you're looking at those 'One-Size-Fits-All' plans, then yes, it can be cumbersome and really plain tasting. If you prepare your own meals and just remember to leave out the fatty portions, you can make some really tasty and healthy alternatives just by replacing some foods with other options.

I.e. - replace mayonnaise with mustard. Replace Koolaid or other Soda/Juice Cocktails with real juice. Or drink half juice-half water (diluted).
Drink more water, add less salt to everything
Instead of lettuce, go with spinach.
Choose leaner meats over fattier ones.

It may seem like its boring and bland at first, but nutritionists gauge that it takes a full 14 days before plain and boring foods start to taste really good. You have to get used to breaking down the crappy foods and eating cleaner. Doesn't always mean you have to eat like a rabbit or untasty. Just have to prepare for it.

inb4 "That belongs in the Fitness & Nutrition general thread"
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-23 10:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Instead of lettuce
Who even enjoys eating lettuce! Turtles?!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-23 10:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Back on the weight loss plan. The last few months have set me back, but it's time to lose all the weight, this time. I'm down sixty pounds; time to make it 120.

Hating weight loss plans.

Mostly because they universally mean cutting down and preferably eliminating my favorite calorie-high, nutrient-low thing in the world: alcohol.

Wish I was one of those people who just didn't give a damn about food. Those people make me jealous as ***.
While I'm not a fan of weight loss plans either, certain alcohols in moderation can help your digestion of food, and even break down fats in the body.
Additionally, as long as you manage to keep your metabolism high by eating smaller meals throughout the day, you can pretty much eat what you want, as long as you exercise it off, using the right exercises.

Recently my dad ended up dropping 10 pounds, and all he's really done differently is eat cookies and muffins, for breakfast, mid-morning snack, and lunch.

none of that going for a jog ****.

but I guess if you're already really fat, you'd want to drop it asap, so I probably would avoid eating whatever you want, until you get to a reasonable weight
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-12-23 10:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

serious resolution

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-23 11:01:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

serious resolution

I'd probably laugh at the guy who doesn't have your job, but could do a better job at it, too.
By Ramyrez 2014-12-23 11:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I.e. - replace mayonnaise with mustard.

This kind of ***drives me batshit insane about "helpful nutrition tips", as if I haven't seen all of these listed before, asi f they weren't obvious in the first place.

What do you do when you just dislike the "healthier" options? I don't like salmon or most other "healthy" fish. Tilapia and other white fishes are good when properly seasoned, but they're not as healthy as other, fishier fishes. I despise mustard and mushrooms. Rosemary is constantly listed in low-sodium diets to help season up food lacking salt, except I dislike Rosemary. Large pieces of raw tomato are gross.

I could go on, but you get the point.

I did quite well about a year ago losing weight regularly, but the routine just wears me the *** down with its monotony and blandness, both from an exercise and nutrition standpoint.

Which is why so many "diet plans" fail. You don't need a diet, you need to change lifestyle to lose weight and keep it off, and frankly any "healthy" lifestyle I've tried is boring as ***.

Which is why I tend to do it only part of the time. Meh.

Look, I'm aware it's a shortcoming on my part, but man. Bland food and boring hours at the gym. Hoo-***-ray.