Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-11-17 16:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
That link is for the whole game install. There one just for pol? It use to be easy but I don't want to download 4 gbs just for a pol viewer update.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/vista01.html?pageID=media

it's right on the pol site...

full client is as well:

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FFXISETUP.exe
http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.001
http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.002
http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.003
Thanks. Again I wasn't asking for full client. Previous link was for full install.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-17 16:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah, I figured I'd throw that on there too, as it's the official source, etc.

but the first link is for the vista+ compliant client.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-11-17 16:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I was scared for a sec but after restoring the file through Norton and putting it on the exception list the game runs smoothly again.
What on Earth did SE or Norton change to suddenly consider this file as a possible virus threat..? So random.
 Leviathan.Hubie
Server: Leviathan
user: Hubie
By Leviathan.Hubie 2014-11-17 16:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... i can't get any of this to work. Could be the end of the road for me!
 Leviathan.Hubie
By Leviathan.Hubie 2014-11-17 16:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I get "7-Zip there is no archive" when i try and re-install. After i click the ok
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-11-17 16:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you reinstalling? Just run a file check.
 Leviathan.Hubie
By Leviathan.Hubie 2014-11-17 17:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I clicked on that first link. Thats the message that comes up.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-17 17:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're running that setup it requires the data files as well, they're separated as they're freaking huge.

That being said: you shouldn't need to reinstall.
 Leviathan.Hubie
By Leviathan.Hubie 2014-11-17 17:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, when i click on windower as i usually do. I click on profile, and a box pops up with just an "OK" tab. I click that, and it all just closes.

thats all that happens.
 Phoenix.Whiteowl
Server: Phoenix
user: Whiteowl
By Phoenix.Whiteowl 2014-11-18 07:27:42
Link | Quote | Reply

wondering if any of our computer genius can help me since I have no clue with computers. I've managed to get my a/v to now ignore ffxi.dll. I have had to copy the file from another computer not effected since my a/v deleted my version! I've placed the copied file into:

playonline > squarenix > final fsantasy folder and just plonked it there as thats where it seems to be on the other computer.

yesturday it got as far a going into the game when you pressed play but then just bounced me back to 'go online' everytime but today its gone right back to trying to install from the disk only to throw a wobbley and say 'FTABLE.DAT can not be installed because it cant be found in cabinet file Data1.cab' does this mean i'm missing another file, any one have any idea's or should i just call a priest to exorcise my computer which is clearly possessed by evil spirits!
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-11-18 08:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately, that means the windows installer detected that FFXI install got damaged and now want to fix it. It's asking you for the original install files now.

That's why I said a few posts ago TO NOT SHARE FFXI FOLDER ON THE NETWORK. Sharing it damage the files attributes and that makes Windows Installer want to fix them. lol
 Sylph.Ashiya
Server: Sylph
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2014-11-18 08:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
I was scared for a sec but after restoring the file through Norton and putting it on the exception list the game runs smoothly again.
What on Earth did SE or Norton change to suddenly consider this file as a possible virus threat..? So random.

My guess is it probably has to do with the recent version update on Nov17, I also read on another post that it wasn't just Norton that was causing the problem... =/

Quote:
We are currently experiencing an issue wherein security software are removing certain program files (such as FFXI.dll) from the Windows Version of FINAL FANTASY XI.

After investigating, we were able to confirm that the file “FFXI.dll” is being quarantined by certain security software. We will continue to investigate and work toward recovery of this situation.

The issue may possibly be remedied by making the file “FFXI.dll” an exception from virus scans and such, but because this involves changes to personal settings on your security software, the decision to implement this possible solution will be solely at the player’s discretion.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-18 09:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Japanese hackers prototyping their new malware using their inside connections at SE headquarters.
 Sylph.Ashiya
Server: Sylph
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2014-11-18 09:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Japanese hackers prototyping their new malware using their inside connections at SE headquarters.

^^^^ This.
 Asura.Sinonyuuki
Server: Asura
By Asura.Sinonyuuki 2014-11-26 07:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having this problem now too. I went into my quarantined files on Norton and no FFXi files were deleted, and my FFXi.dll and pol.exe are both into my folders. I get a "class not registered" when I run the game, and then it shuts down. All of my files are there, I haven't tampered with the game at all, and I can't run regular FFXi without Windower either.

A side note, Norton does two detections on FFXi.dll, it says it's a trojan and a malware. What did happen with the last update that makes Norton think that this is a problem?

Please help, thanksss.
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-11-26 08:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sinonyuuki said: »
I'm having this problem now too. I went into my quarantined files on Norton and no FFXi files were deleted, and my FFXi.dll and pol.exe are both into my folders. I get a "class not registered" when I run the game, and then it shuts down. All of my files are there, I haven't tampered with the game at all, and I can't run regular FFXi without Windower either.

A side note, Norton does two detections on FFXi.dll, it says it's a trojan and a malware. What did happen with the last update that makes Norton think that this is a problem?

Please help, thanksss.

Tell NORTON to RETURN the files to their places. And after that tell NORTON to NOT scan FFXI folders. That's how you fix it.
 Asura.Sinonyuuki
By Asura.Sinonyuuki 2014-11-26 08:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mariane said: »

Please help, thanksss.

Tell NORTON to RETURN the files to their places. And after that tell NORTON to NOT scan FFXI folders. That's how you fix it.

You're missing what I said, so don't speak to me in CAPS like I'm DUMB. Okay?

Norton didn't delete any files to begin with.

I went into my quarantined files on Norton and no FFXi files were deleted, and my FFXi.dll and pol.exe are both into my folders.

All of my files are in my folder, there's no reason for my game not to work on that part.
By Nyruul 2014-11-26 09:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leo said it in another thread, apparently some malware is using similar methods to SE's anti-tampering stuff so in an effort to flag them it's flagging this legit file too.

I wonder if its the same people responsible for the attacks on SE's servers.
 Asura.Sinonyuuki
By Asura.Sinonyuuki 2014-11-26 10:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »
Leo said it in another thread, apparently some malware is using similar methods to SE's anti-tampering stuff so in an effort to flag them it's flagging this legit file too.

I wonder if its the same people responsible for the attacks on SE's servers.

So do I have to reinstall my game completely?
By Ljd1 2014-11-26 15:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

argh

literally installed AV yesterday went to work came home-aggro

restored ffxi.dll and excluded

i go to Play/Message/Play and i get 'Unable to start FFXI as it is not installed Error:022'

did check file before and after restore quarantined -no probs

all ffxi installed in programs

help!

pretty pls
 Odin.Korebin
Server: Odin
user: Korebin
By Odin.Korebin 2014-11-26 16:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hubie said: »
I get "7-Zip there is no archive" when i try and re-install. After i click the ok
I had this problem with that link as well! I tried twice cuz i figured maybe the download messed up somehow? Then I found a torrent and had no problems at all! I suggest the torrent route.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-26 16:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Korebin said: »
I had this problem with that link as well! I tried twice cuz i figured maybe the download messed up somehow? Then I found a torrent and had no problems at all! I suggest the torrent route.
no, you were just ..... and didn't download the files it needs to decompress...

shouldn't use a torrent when the site offers the download.
By Jetackuu 2014-11-26 16:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
That link is for the whole game install. There one just for pol? It use to be easy but I don't want to download 4 gbs just for a pol viewer update.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/download/media/vista01.html?pageID=media

it's right on the pol site...

full client is as well: (must download all 4)

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FFXISETUP.exe

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.001

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.002

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.003

that better for the people who don't know how to computer?
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-11-26 16:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You're missing what I said, so don't speak to me in CAPS like I'm DUMB. Okay?

Norton didn't delete any files to begin with.

All of my files are in my folder, there's no reason for my game not to work on that part.

CAPS is a method to put emphasis on something. I never said you're dumb. You said that, not I.

All I said was you tell NORTON to leave FFXI alone.(lol)

Anyway I do believe that NORTON is dumb... But that's me. I don't have NORTON on my PC. And besides the usual false positives I get from my AV software (due to it's paranoid use of heuristics) I didn't get any reports from it about FFXI being a piece of malware. I suppose that adds up to my belief of anything made by NORTON or McAfee being pieces of garbage.

So do I have to reinstall my game completely?

Only if files were deleted and it prevents you from booting into PlayOnline viewer (that would prevent you from using the file check and repair function).
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-11-26 16:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you would normally only have to reinstall playonline unless some registry entries got seriously jacked.

no?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-11-26 16:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The most surprising thing is that people still use Norton this day and age. I'm still hung up on that one.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mariane
By Fenrir.Mariane 2014-11-26 16:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well you would normally only have to reinstall playonline unless some registry entries got seriously jacked.

no?

I think the only reasons you would need the install files again is if filecheck fails at repairing (sadly SE don't keep the whole game files at the download list) or when you need to repair problems related with the Windows Installer thing popping up saying it need to "fix" the game install.
[+]
 Odin.Korebin
Server: Odin
user: Korebin
By Odin.Korebin 2014-11-26 17:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Korebin said: »
no, you were just ..... and didn't download the files it needs to decompress...

shouldn't use a torrent when the site offers the download.
I went back and d/l'd all the files twice and this kept happening! There is something not right with those links, they are missing data.