All For One, And More For Me: A Guide To Red Mage

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » All for One, and More for Me: A Guide to Red Mage
All for One, and More for Me: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 28 29 30
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-09-28 00:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Blittzjr said: »
So what does brutal do for cdc. Im new to this

Brutal is a 5% chance to proc an additional hit. CDC's fTP transfers to all additional hits, so instead of the usual 1.0 multiplier a DA would get the full 2.45. A weaponskill will roll two DA checks if it hasn't already proced a QA / TA and then afterward check for mythics OaT.

My guess is protey thinks that since the mythic can proc OaT on WS and that he has a bunch of DA / TA, that brutals +5% will have a minimal impact. While that's true, WSD +2% on the first hit will have an even smaller impact since it's only being applied to the first hit and CDC gets all it's power from the additional hits. This is in contrast to WS's like Savage Blade, Death blossom or Expacion which get a lot of power on that first hit.

I have a Mythic on my BLU which itself has a ridiculous amount of Multi-Attack and I would still use Brutal + Moonshade on CDC.

Basically with 40% TA plus 20% TA/40% DA aftermath, all without Brutal, the probability of Brutal contributing any extra damage is extremely minimal. I would rather have the 100% guarantee of 2% WSD on the first hit. The damage over 1,000 WSs should prove in favor of 2% WSD, but someone with better maths than me would have to prove it.
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-28 06:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone post their most recent melee tp and cdc set? I saw a set in page 9 but not sure if that's most updated. Thanks
 Asura.Blittzjr
Server: Asura
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2015-09-28 12:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like its time for Murgleis!
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-09-28 12:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »
Can anyone post their most recent melee tp and cdc set? I saw a set in page 9 but not sure if that's most updated. Thanks

basicly, full taeon acc/att +20 str/dex+7
ItemSet 338329

Wth ionis up, composure up, you can reach 1000 acc wthout food or buff, so for mellee hight ilevel, its necessary

For CDC, i use :
ItemSet 338330
 Bahamut.Foreverj
Server: Bahamut
user: Foreverj
By Bahamut.Foreverj 2015-09-28 16:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks psylo
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-09-28 22:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
Asura.Blittzjr said: »
So what does brutal do for cdc. Im new to this

Brutal is a 5% chance to proc an additional hit. CDC's fTP transfers to all additional hits, so instead of the usual 1.0 multiplier a DA would get the full 2.45. A weaponskill will roll two DA checks if it hasn't already proced a QA / TA and then afterward check for mythics OaT.

My guess is protey thinks that since the mythic can proc OaT on WS and that he has a bunch of DA / TA, that brutals +5% will have a minimal impact. While that's true, WSD +2% on the first hit will have an even smaller impact since it's only being applied to the first hit and CDC gets all it's power from the additional hits. This is in contrast to WS's like Savage Blade, Death blossom or Expacion which get a lot of power on that first hit.

I have a Mythic on my BLU which itself has a ridiculous amount of Multi-Attack and I would still use Brutal + Moonshade on CDC.

Basically with 40% TA plus 20% TA/40% DA aftermath, all without Brutal, the probability of Brutal contributing any extra damage is extremely minimal. I would rather have the 100% guarantee of 2% WSD on the first hit. The damage over 1,000 WSs should prove in favor of 2% WSD, but someone with better maths than me would have to prove it.

The math has Brutal winning for CDC. Statistically there is no difference between "guaranteed 2% on first hit" and "possible DA proc". This is the exact same bad argument that was used for Fudo with windbuffet +1 vs the older STR belts.

CDC is 2.45 fTP on first hit (Belt + Gorget), each additional hit is also 2.45. Four hits is your standard attack for 9.8 fTP total. I only use fTP here because it makes factoring in the 2% WSD easier. So without any MA procs, (2.45 * 1.02) + 2.45 * 3 = 9.849 fTP for an increase of 0.5%, yes half of one percent. You already have a ***ton of MA which means you should be getting at least an extra hit on average for another 2.45 added.

(2.45 * 1.02) + 2.45 * 4 = 12.299 vs 12.25 for a 0.4% increase. Brutal's exact increase depends heavily on your existing MA, but it will be at least greater then half a percent.

WSD is pretty much wasted on WS's that copy fTP like CDC, Vorpal, and Requiescat but extremely powerful on WSs that have most of their fTP on the first hit like Savage Blade and Death Blossom. Conversely multi-procs are very powerful on those multi-hit copy-fTP WS's but weak on those other types.

Now when I get home later this evening I can try to do the longer calculations to get the exact increase of both.
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-09-28 23:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Psylo said: »
Wth ionis up, composure up, you can reach 1000 acc wthout food or buff

You can easily get more than that on rdm with some of the same gear, I run 1221 with ionis and composure
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-09-29 03:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Omnijuggernaut said: »

You can easily get more than that on rdm with nearly the same gear, I run 1221 with ionis and composure

Calling BS. Show us your gearset please with just ionis and composure, no other buffs, no food, getting 1221.
[+]
 Asura.Blittzjr
By Asura.Blittzjr 2015-09-29 07:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Foreverj said: »

basicly, full taeon acc/att +20 str/dex+7
ItemSet 338329

Wth ionis up, composure up, you can reach 1000 acc wthout food or buff, so for mellee hight ilevel, its necessary

For CDC, i use :
ItemSet 338330

Which mob drops that belt.
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-09-29 10:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If its melee belt its from centurio unity nm
 Asura.Blittzjr
By Asura.Blittzjr 2015-09-29 11:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If its melee belt its from centurio unity nm

Sorry for not being specific, and thanks!
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-09-29 12:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You can easily get more than that on rdm with nearly the same gear, I run 1221 with ionis and composure

Calling BS. Show us your gearset please with just ionis and composure, no other buffs, no food, getting 1221.

ItemSet 338358

Edit: Wasn't trying to epeen or stir up a pot of turds, I was just making a simple observation and trying to assist people by letting them know they can get way more acc.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-09-29 12:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, but you lose some good augment on that like TA etc.

Anyway in ilevel content, if you melee, you should have some buff from GEO or COR or BRD.

For example, with buff and food in SR as RDM/NIN, i have 87-90% acc.

OTher thing about nuking, someone have a nice body MB bonus in head ? i wanna made a MB cap set for my RDM/SCH.
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-09-29 12:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, but you lose some good augment on that like TA etc.

Anyway in ilevel content, if you melee, you should have some buff from GEO or COR or BRD.

For example, with buff and food in SR as RDM/NIN, i have 87-90% acc.

I know, this is pure acc build, when I run into stuff I am whiffing with TA gear I switch to high acc/TA gear if that fails I just full acc. I follow an old rule I picked up off someone years ago, better to hit weak and slow than not at all.

OTher thing about nuking, someone have a nice body MB bonus in head ? i wanna made a MB cap set for my RDM/SCH.

I think helios is best option there.
[+]
By Yandaime 2015-09-29 12:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
RDM can't use Sanguine Blade unless subbing BLU. So, that limits it's use for RDM by a lot, because /BLU is a really limited utility for RDM.

Actually, all sword WSs except swift blade have been fully released. RDM has innate access to Sanguine Blade unless NIN sub opens it for some strange reason. I use it in a pinch in some fights. Actually, what's a good sanguine set guideline since the discussion is open?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-09-29 13:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »
Actually, all sword WSs except swift blade have been fully released. RDM has innate access to Sanguine Blade unless NIN sub opens it for some strange reason. I use it in a pinch in some fights. Actually, what's a good sanguine set guideline since the discussion is open?

Lots of MAB with Pixie hairpin +1 and Archon ring. Technically the mods are 50% MND / 30% STR but most MAB pieces also have lots of INT which it gets a dINTx2 bonus too.
[+]
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-09-29 14:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yandaime said: »

Lots of MAB with Pixie hairpin +1 and Archon ring. Technically the mods are 50% MND / 30% STR but most MAB pieces also have lots of INT which it gets a dINTx2 bonus too.

Saevel is on point with this one, I just cloned my nuking set for sang blade and aeolion edge sets, obviously no need for elemental magic skill so just rep it with more MaB if you use elemental skill over MaB in your nuking sets.

Also Yandaime you are correct, rdm has innate ability to all sword ws except swift now. Doesn't matter the sub, I often use sang as /sch or /run it is a great option to use to conserve mp, mobs weak to magic based dmg or you are just too lazy to use an echo drop.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-10-01 18:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

mistake.
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-10-01 19:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

mistake.
Instead of being snide and posting useless crap just to make yourself look better than others like you seem to be doing, why don't you try posting useful information and assist people to become better?

This attempting to cyber attack people because you don't believe someone or you disagree is childish, of course I understand this is the internet and immaturity musters here. Some people however like useful information.
 Cerberus.Lasareth
Server: Cerberus
user: lasareth
By Cerberus.Lasareth 2015-10-01 20:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how often one finds one's self trying to rely on sanguine damage for deeps (I normally save it for when I need quick heals) but as nin sub you can offhand something like malevolence or vampirism for extra magic damage and mab. Makes a fair bit of difference in damage output.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-10-02 09:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

mistake.
Instead of being snide and posting useless crap just to make yourself look better than others like you seem to be doing, why don't you try posting useful information and assist people to become better?

This attempting to cyber attack people because you don't believe someone or you disagree is childish, of course I understand this is the internet and immaturity musters here. Some people however like useful information.

Shutup idiot. I was going to say he should use empy head +1 for nuking, but I missed the part where he said "MB" and so I changed it to "mistake".

And it is not considered childish to call someone out on obvious falsehoods. It is not a matter of disagreement, you are just full of ***.

In your set I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you have max sword merits, max DEX merits, max unity ranking, max JP/gifts, and you put max accuracy and DEX augments.

With just an iLVL sword with only +242 sword skill and nothing else on the sword you will have approximately 700 accuracy with just ionis give or take one or two accuracy based on your race. Add in composure and you're up to 734 accuracy. Now let's add the stats of your gear:

Sword - +15 acc and +15 acc aug
Sword - +15 acc and +15 acc aug
Ammo - +10 acc
Head - DEX+23, +10 acc, DEX+10 aug, +25 acc aug
Neck - skill+15 = +13 acc
Ear1 - +6 acc
Ear2 - +12 acc
Body - DEX+29, +23 acc, +10 acc aug
Hands - DEX+35, +18 acc, +15 acc aug
Ring1 - +7 acc
Ring2 - +7 acc
Back - DEX+7, +21 acc
Waist - +20 acc
Legs - +18 acc, DEX+12 aug, +12 acc aug
Feet - DEX+22, acc+7, DEX+10 aug, +25 acc aug

So that brings you to +319 acc and DEX+148 = 111 acc. Now I'll even give you the acc trait for going /dnc for an additional 10 acc. That brings the grand total to:

------

So I'll say it again. You're full of ***.
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-10-02 10:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shutup idiot.
And it is not considered childish to call someone out on obvious falsehoods. It is not a matter of disagreement, you are just full of ***.
Thanks for proving my point junior, all you want to do is assault people with your angry immaturity.
So I'll say it again. You're full of ***. (I edit this part) Blah blah blah, blah... blah blah more random crap to try to prove my point, blah... blah blah.(Did I get it right?)

Lol ok, I forgot you know more than /checkparam.
I'm gonna leave this here for you. Also going to prevent seeing anymore of your crap by blocking you. Obviously you have very of value little to add to the forums so I won't waste my time with you.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-10-03 07:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shutup idiot.
Thanks for proving my point junior, all you want to do is assault people with your angry immaturity.
So I'll say it again. You're full of ***. (I edit this part) Blah blah blah, blah... blah blah more random crap to try to prove my point, blah... blah blah.(Did I get it right?)

Lol ok, I forgot you know more than /checkparam.
I'm gonna leave this here for you. Also going to prevent seeing anymore of your crap by blocking you. Obviously you have very of value little to add to the forums so I won't waste my time with you.

Junior? I'm probably older than you and I've probably been playing this game longer than you. Prove your point? You started with the personal insults jackoff. Ever hear of the saying if you don't start nothing there won't be nothing? Stop acting all holier than though, hypocrite.

Math doesn't lie, anyone else can look at your gear and do the same analysis I did. You obviously setup that pic by having some kind of buff or food, did the /checkparam then removed the buff or food and took the pic; or another possibility is you just edited the numbers on the pic itself.
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-10-03 08:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, maybe you can follow this in personnal message, this thread don't need this .
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-10-03 09:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Protey seems to have the same problem Proth a long time ago. Very intelligent individual who doesn't realize that they are human and thus make mistakes and does not possess all the knowledge in the universe.

Sometimes we gotta be humble and acknowledge our own mortal limitations. Doesn't mean someone is better or that we don't pass muster, only that we are human. And it's perfectly fine, great even, to be merely human.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-10-03 09:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it would be good to know what (if anything) didn't get accounted for in the list there. Offhand, it seems like what Protey posted should be accurate. If similar results can be seen by others, maybe there's a bug or stealth buff behind it.
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-10-03 10:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, maybe you can follow this in personnal message, this thread don't need this .

I agree, I apologize to everyone for the way I reacted. All I am trying to do is show my personal run-in's with the game to possibly help others, my goal is not to create animosity here and I apologize.
By Asura.Omnijuggernaut 2015-10-06 13:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of cure 4 are you guys hitting and with what sets?

My current max is only 1342 self cure, I know I have a few upgrades to do though.
 Asura.Psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-10-06 13:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn is good, with light day/weather proc ?

Show your set, i'm curious
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 28 29 30