On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 95 96 97
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-03 15:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
my dalmy+1 has fastcast+4/quicken+3 so with merits (and inventory management in drobe), that is the best set i can use lol; granted, my whm has the lowest active inventory spaces needed out all my jobs so i guess another couple items for whm won't be too bad.. staff and earring would allow me to put my cure cast merits into barspell merits.

then there is the issue with lag (i think there is some lag sometimes) and the correct gear being put on due to gearswap lagging behind what isn't being trasmitted etc so cure cast merits would help in that instant to get my spell to go off faster.. hmm!

thanks for convincing me to get 2 more items <_>

Lag shouldn't affect swaps if you precast it then starts casting cure, the second it starts it swaps (it checks this client side and does not need a packet to be received so lag from server/internet is irrelevant assuming my knowledge on packets and gs is correct), lag shouldn't be an issue using GS (as lag would slow you curing anyways) the only time lag from server to client should really affect you is aftercast sets.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-01-05 20:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i personally wouldn't use quick cast for cure precast in case you're one of those kinds of WHMs that likes to pre-emptively cure as a tp move is readying. gonna lose a ton of MP if it procs on a curaga before the tp move goes off
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-05 20:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ramzus said: »
i personally wouldn't use quick cast for cure precast in case you're one of those kinds of WHMs that likes to pre-emptively cure as a tp move is readying. gonna lose a ton of MP if it procs on a curaga before the tp move goes off

Cure and curaga are definable as seperate though, I use quickcast in single target cures only, Curaga I don't bother personally.

Agreed though it's a valid point, single target cures however going off that fast is nice and normally used to top people off.

Probably add it in for Curaga 4 (cos you dont pre empt with aga 4) and have Aga 3 as singled out set for such instances.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-01-09 05:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me for asking this if it was already answered in previous posts but whats the best cure set at the moment assuming 10/10 solace job points? I'm going to work on trying to get my alt into the works, she has access to all current gear except yagrush.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-09 06:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a matter of opinion.

If you're looking for Max Potency

Job points add Base power, not % potency so its 20% potency. (It's a really bad attempt at SE Writing in English).

ItemSet 320295

If you want some semblence of emnity, I use this.

ItemSet 330803

Emnity Aug on Tamaxchi, Conserve MP Ammo ~
[+]
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-01-09 11:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks alot
By lucidious 2015-01-13 15:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 332352

ok lets try this again lol. This is my cure midcast set. Any advice is appreciated
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-13 15:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lucidious said: »
ItemSet 332352

ok lets try this again lol. This is my cure midcast set. Any advice is appreciated

Very SImilar to mine tbh, if you can get an Augmented Mending Cape (Potentially Cure potency and +10 Healing Skill) it makes it BiS, if you only get Skill on the augment (Far more likely) you can swap in a Nourishing Earring.

Personally, I'd swap out your Ammo for a Tathlum +1 for Conserve MP as 3 MND is doing nothing for you, compared to a chance of Saving a Huge Chunk of mp.

That said, considering how easy Unity Rank points are to get, as long as you check your unity, you really don't need a Potency Cape and just use Healing Skill+ Cape instead ~

That Major Issue I find is that, that combination lacks Emnity - (recast is easy to compensate using haste spell and near gear haste capped) which is the only reason I prefer Tamaxchi ~
By lucidious 2015-01-13 20:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

wow a real answer. very much appreciated

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-13 21:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Yeah capping enmity down in my cure set is also a high priority, lucky us for the generous new belt and neck this year

Capping enmity on WHM is so mindless nowadays. They give it to like almost everthing WHM can wear.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-14 12:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
True strike; it's like SE is intentionally forcing whms to be better coincidentally lol

You can cap it, easily. Felt it needed a mention for content where you need emnity - ! :£
By Muffz 2015-01-26 09:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm looking to increase my effectiveness in CP parties as either whm/dnc, whm/nin or whm/sam. Normally I just go whm/sch and keep everyone alive but there is a lot of downtime where I feel I could be DDing or using low level nukes.

Given the high level of mobs I don't really want to use the low level nuking strat although I will if someone can prove to me its effectiveness.

Keeping everyone alive is not really a problem but it does hinder dps quite a bit which isn't a huge deal, but I wouldn't mind suggestions in this department either. At the moment I've completely reworked my gearsets to accommodate cures, buffs, -nas, erases, etc without changing weapons so I never lose TP.

This is my first time posting here and I play on xbox as well so I don't know how to post gearsets and I won't at this time.

Does anyone else DD in CP parties or otherwise and have some hints/tips they'd like to share/discuss?

Thanks.

PS: I'm having a huge problem with accuracy at the moment. I definitely need some help with that.

PPS: The acc set in the OP seems great but whm can't use the tojil waist iirc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-01-26 09:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Muffz said: »

olseni belt
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-28 19:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

olseni belt

Amended, I had actually been sing Olseni, I just forgot to update DD sets! (I don't dd alot but whatevs!")

I don't DD in CP parties at all, I take my Alt on SAM and near enough one shot the mobs in Sih Gates with a Strong Fudo, or I take Conagh on SAM and just laugh at the patheticness of the mobs in zone.

Granted you won't always have a sam, but if the DD's are worth thrir salt you prolly won't get time to DD at all.

This is probably the least "legit" method.

Let someone else who is ... killing stuff invite you while you sleep and do nothing! Free CP!

I know peeps who do this alot >_>
By Muffz 2015-01-29 05:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

olseni belt

Amended, I had actually been sing Olseni, I just forgot to update DD sets! (I don't dd alot but whatevs!")

I don't DD in CP parties at all, I take my Alt on SAM and near enough one shot the mobs in Sih Gates with a Strong Fudo, or I take Conagh on SAM and just laugh at the patheticness of the mobs in zone.

Granted you won't always have a sam, but if the DD's are worth thrir salt you prolly won't get time to DD at all.

This is probably the least "legit" method.

Let someone else who is ... killing stuff invite you while you sleep and do nothing! Free CP!

I know peeps who do this alot >_>

Sadly I don't have the luxury of doing, well, any of the things you listed. Thanks for the replies anyways!

With the new campaign coming up I'll be scrambling to get my sets up to par in time.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2015-02-09 15:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

White Mage Gearswap- “Dressed for all occasions!”

Motes Treasure Cove

I noticed in Motes WHM GS when you put yourelf in Solicecure mode that the precast settings switches from cure precast to fastcast precast. Is that how it is suppose to function?

Because when I was looking at the functions I noticed that Solicecure does not have anything written for cure precast when Solice buff are active. please advise, thank you in advance!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-09 19:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »

Motes Treasure Cove

I noticed in Motes WHM GS when you put yourelf in Solicecure mode that the precast settings switches from cure precast to fastcast precast. Is that how it is suppose to function?

Because when I was looking at the functions I noticed that Solicecure does not have anything written for cure precast when Solice buff are active. please advise, thank you in advance!

I don't use motes stuff, only added it for reference.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-02-09 22:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »

Motes Treasure Cove

I don't use motes stuff, only added it for reference.

You're still alive?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-10 03:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
You're still alive?

Although I'm taking a break from FF11, I'm still active in the community here, plus when you guys do event's I'll bug y'all in Vent, so feel free guys to ask questions/pm I'll help out~
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Asura
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-02-10 04:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

ilvl cure clogs coming to whm next update, that's something to get for my mule! Hopefully the NM won't be too high a level, don't know if I'd like trying to get these new cure clogs if the NM costs like 3.5k to pop.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-10 18:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Taidis said: »
ilvl cure clogs coming to whm next update, that's something to get for my mule! Hopefully the NM won't be too high a level, don't know if I'd like trying to get these new cure clogs if the NM costs like 3.5k to pop.

If the feet allow us to drop other FC gear it'll be nice.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2015-02-20 07:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tested to see if the "Cure Potency Bonus" on the new WHM gift list is Cure Potency I or Cure Potency II? Personally I would assume Cure Potency II, but you never know these days.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-02-20 14:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tested to see if the "Cure Potency Bonus" on the new WHM gift list is Cure Potency I or Cure Potency II? Personally I would assume Cure Potency II, but you never know these days.

I don't believe it's either, the last one was what the Japanese call potency which we call "power" in the formula we made.

I could be wrong, because SE's attempt at English is rather pathetic.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-02-20 16:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The summoner gift for blood pact delay was proved to be type II. Hopefully this is too, btw dat free earring tho
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 95 96 97