On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (V2)
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 95 96 97
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 06:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad Sieha*** the guy with the dog avatar.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-12-17 06:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This one?

[+]
By Nyruul 2014-12-17 06:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes just 99% less cute. Maybe if he had an e-vag to wave around it would equal out(for most people.)
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-17 09:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyruul said: »
Indeed. Also treating WHM like calculus is just hilarious. But who knows maybe hes the one laughing... Are you Seha Conagh!?

1. I don't use spreadsheets I test everything.
2. I never said that cure cast time affected recast, I in fact said the opposite. See below~
3. Mending cape gets Cure potency so its a capped set, but thanks for failing on that point. 10 healing, 8 enhancing,5 potency~ spreadsheet whm indeed. I also believe this can get Magic Acc but I "think" it caps at +5 so it's
4. I specifically said it wasn't a bad set and gave a detailed reason why I don't like it. You probably shouldn't take it as a personal attack against yourself. If you took it that way, Sorry? I guess for your perceived issue.

The sets in the guide are what I use and 935 on cure 4 for example with. a very low recast mean I cycle my cures I don't spam 1 spell and call myself amazing. But that's fine if you feel that way, this is a guide and no one is saying "use these sets or you ate gimp" its about preferred play styles mine is to get the most out of my single target cures to reduce mp dependency on other jobs as you said ( but then went back on yourself about how this isn't always the case and ignored best sets etc for ballads or not having ballads, your point chops and changes but I'm not about pointing out these sorts of things ) ideal doesn't always happen. So why not get more mp per cast on this basis while cycling cures? Its helps with emnity/mp management anyway doing that and can be better than just stacking emnity down and spamming cure 4.

If you have a point, kindly just get to it for saying "this is why I use / play like this". I specifically said it wasn't a bad set so not sure why you're so defensive on the matter.

and FYI! I do not think I am the authority on White Mage, I'm very spoilt with my own dual box brd who gives me what buff I ask for, an entire Server of people who, can to some degree follow instructions, and I don't do event's with set ups involving people/supports who are either not geared to a certain degree (BiS is not required but I do expect some gear). Hell I play with 2~4 mythic wielders so my experience and your's may very well be completely different.

Edited because Using FFXIAH on a Mobile sucks
 Asura.Pergatory
Server: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2014-12-19 16:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
3. Mending cape gets Cure potency so its a capped set, but thanks for failing on that point. 10 healing, 8 enhancing,5 potency~ spreadsheet whm indeed. I also believe this can get Magic Acc but I "think" it caps at +5
It goes up to +10 magic acc, FYI. Not that it really matters for anything but Cursna, assuming magic acc even affects Cursna...
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-19 16:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
Cerberus.Conagh said: »
3. Mending cape gets Cure potency so its a capped set, but thanks for failing on that point. 10 healing, 8 enhancing,5 potency~ spreadsheet whm indeed. I also believe this can get Magic Acc but I "think" it caps at +5
It goes up to +10 magic acc, FYI. Not that it really matters for anything but Cursna, assuming magic acc even affects Cursna...

I don't think it does but I'm not sure if it's been tested. WOuld be weird though if Macc affected a Curative/buff spells when it's supposedly for debuff...

Worth a test I guess =)
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2014-12-19 17:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That would not be fun to test! Good luck if you ever decide to.

P.S. In regard to cures I tend to also be of the mind that MP efficiency and enmity down are the most important things, and the former includes higher power for the pants return. Recast is pretty much the lowest priority; Cure III is the bread and butter for general maintenance anyway and it can be cast back-to-back with almost no recast. I think the position of "MP management is almost always easy on WHM" is simply negligent, and demonstrates a lack of pushing your limits as a healer. WHM should not rely on ballads or anything to be able to cure endlessly. They are awesome to have and allow you to be a little more wasteful, but WHM is the last line of defense and if the BRD goes down and the GEOs and CORs go down and can't keep buffs up, it falls to the WHM to save the day with beastly cures that are practically free to cast and generate almost no enmity. There is no "good enough" for WHM, there's only larger and larger margins of safety.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-19 17:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pergatory said: »
That would not be fun to test! Good luck if you ever decide to.

P.S. In regard to cures I tend to also be of the mind that MP efficiency and enmity down are the most important things, and the former includes higher power for the pants return. Recast is pretty much the lowest priority; Cure III is the bread and butter for general maintenance anyway and it can be cast back-to-back with almost no recast. I think the position of "MP management is almost always easy on WHM" is simply negligent, and demonstrates a lack of pushing your limits as a healer. WHM should not rely on ballads or anything to be able to cure endlessly. They are awesome to have and allow you to be a little more wasteful, but WHM is the last line of defense and if the BRD goes down and the GEOs and CORs go down and can't keep buffs up, it falls to the WHM to save the day with beastly cures that are practically free to cast and generate almost no enmity. There is no "good enough" for WHM, there's only larger and larger margins of safety.

Actually easy to test - Yorcia WKR Let conagh stay PLD and just afk next to it and have a mule spam Cursna in CLassic Cursna + gear for 50 casts then again with Macc+200+ staff see if it affects.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-19 17:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd probably want something a bit more controlled... It's gonna use a ton of stuff other than timber. staying alive becomes a concern. Unless you just wanna twilight zombie for it.

Irrc, when prothe did a bunch of cursna testing he did ballista(or brenner I don't recall which) and used BLU's mortal ray to doom a player over and over. Has the advantage of being perfectly controlled. No time wasted by the mob using other attacks.

The down side being the general irritations of FFXI's PVP systems, and the time limits before having to restart a match.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2014-12-19 17:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bukhis would also be another option, since atma can keep you alive pretty much indefinitely.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-19 19:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I'd probably want something a bit more controlled... It's gonna use a ton of stuff other than timber. staying alive becomes a concern. Unless you just wanna twilight zombie for it.

Irrc, when prothe did a bunch of cursna testing he did ballista(or brenner I don't recall which) and used BLU's mortal ray to doom a player over and over. Has the advantage of being perfectly controlled. No time wasted by the mob using other attacks.

The down side being the general irritations of FFXI's PVP systems, and the time limits before having to restart a match.
A Fair point, but then I'd need to get a BLU or another DD to stand there and get whomped...
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-12-19 20:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

quick random question, does Iuvenalis Mittens +1 come from surge woe? if so which flux?

Can't seem to find info, but I do remember getting the NQ from long time ago, just can't remember from which flux
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-19 20:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
quick random question, does Iuvenalis Mittens +1 come from surge woe? if so which flux?

Can't seem to find info, but I do remember getting the NQ from long time ago, just can't remember from which flux

if you check where the old one drops from, its the same flux # if that helps.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-19 21:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe this covers most of the drops and what flux they're from. http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Walk_of_Echoes_Battlefield_Rewards
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-12-19 23:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw that page, but didn't find the mittens. Must be missing?

Although Seraph Mittens/+1 has the exact same hand icon
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-12-20 00:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not written on the item info. Each section is divided into the drops from a given conflux. Seraph/+1 are under conflux #5, with a note that the +1 is from a surged conflux.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-12-20 00:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

crap, i guess i forget where it originally came from.
 Siren.Kenesu
Server: Siren
user: iKhaos
By Siren.Kenesu 2014-12-20 17:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Any tips on using /sch on whm. thanks
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-20 17:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kenesu said: »
Any tips on using /sch on whm. thanks

use it light arts only:

Use Sublimation to keep your MP up.

Thats all there is, you can save Accession for AOE Paralyna spells etc.

It does the rest for you.
 Siren.Kenesu
Server: Siren
user: iKhaos
By Siren.Kenesu 2014-12-20 20:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-12-20 20:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kenesu said: »
thank you

Oh and if you need dispel (idk your set up) swap to Dark arts + Addendum: Black for Dispel (dont forget to swap back).

SCH subjob just from LA and Conserve MP trait is such a huge MP saver you ont even need to use Sublimation to make it better than refresh 1 and convert from RDM sub.
By Bomberto 2014-12-21 11:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Some other nice tricks include penury (MP cost down) curagas if enough people are low enough in order to get a little mp back and celerity Arise for faster recasting after things go bad and multiple people die. Most of the time it's best to save your few stratagems for those aoe erase/-nas/regen4s but when that isn't needed, or you have yagrush, you might as well use the stratagems.
 Fenrir.Magi
Server: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-01-03 01:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not entirely new to WHM, but what is an ideal precast set for cures? Assuming capped cure cast time merits, you'd only need 60% cure cast time or fast cast to hit the cap right? I know there are numerous possibilities but I'm just curious to what you career WHMs precast in, thanks!
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-03 13:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Magi said: »
I'm not entirely new to WHM, but what is an ideal precast set for cures? Assuming capped cure cast time merits, you'd only need 60% cure cast time or fast cast to hit the cap right? I know there are numerous possibilities but I'm just curious to what you career WHMs precast in, thanks!

Personally don't bother with precast merits as it's easily attainable without..

I use this ~

ItemSet 320299

11% staff
10% hat
15% body
7% gloves
12% legs
15% feet (this is 69% so if you use the merits you can drop hands)
8% Cape (77%)
2% Ear
1% Ring~

Personally I use Witful Belt and Impatiens for Instant Cast (because you can swap gear fast enough to cure in proper gear with instant cast using VANILLA MACROS and Gearswap if you know how (gearswap does this for you).

You could swap out a couple of pieces for the Cure cast time neck to drop need for rings and earring but as part of a balanced fastcast set you'd have those anyways, hence I include so Inventory management wise I use those with Gendeiwtha Gages.

It's my personal preference, you can get an Adoulin ring too which is also nice for instant cast/fastcast. I'm sure there is a better Raw set for just Cure but I'd rather use some Fastcast and use more slots on Precast than lose 2~3 inventory space.

Remember if you /rdm you only need 70% but if you /sch you need 78% to cap assuming Light Arts is on.
 Fenrir.Magi
Server: Fenrir
user: Magitek
By Fenrir.Magi 2015-01-03 14:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh okay, I know I've been overshooting cure cast speed for awhile now. I believe i'm at 88% or so with this set up:

ItemSet 332069

I'm too lazy to do voidwatch for Heka's body, and farm plasm/bee for nahtirah hat heh. I'm probably gonna swap incantor for impatiens and drop cure cast merits for Regen 5/5 if they're not doing anything for me, thanks for the input.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-03 14:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

eslim said: »
this my precast cure set (with 5/5 cure cast merits)
Code
	sets.precast.FC.Cure = {main="Tamaxchi",sub="Genbu's Shield",ammo="Impatiens",
		head="Nahtirah Hat",neck="Orunmila's Torque",ear1="Enchntr. Earring +1",ear2="Loquac. Earring",
		body="Dalmatica +1",hands="Gende. Gages +1",ring1="Veneficium Ring",ring2="Weather. Ring",
		back="Ogapepo Cape +1",waist="Witful Belt",legs="Orsn. Pantaln. +2",feet="Regal Pumps +1"}

only upgrade left is lebeche ring instead of veneficium ring, which will put me at 16% quickcast ^O^!

Swap the feet for Cure Clogs and you gain ~ 9% fastcast? 2% from the +! Grip (forgot it's name) 9% short? there's also a 13% Cast Time neck...

Aceso's choker +1 13%
piety cap +1 13%
Ababinili +1 11%
dalmatica 5% Fast Cast and 2% Instant Cast (unlikely)
Gendewitha gages +1 7% native, 5% potential Augment
orison pantaloons +2 12%
Cure clogs 15%
nourishing earring +1 4%
Weatherspoon ring 5%

90% fast cast while maintaining your 16% Quick cast ~
By Aladeus 2015-01-03 14:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

you can also use the NQ nourishing earring for the extra 3%..
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2015-01-03 14:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Aladeus said: »
you can also use the NQ nourishing earring for the extra 3%..

True enough, the above with all the Instant cast is Ideal but >_> thats like Crazy Career WHM with no Inventory issues..... certainly something to consider

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 95 96 97