Does Islam Require Forced Conversions?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Does islam require forced conversions?
Does islam require forced conversions?
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 23 24 25
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 04:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I see the master's IQ dropped by 5 digits while I was asleep. That's a fast decay!

Anyway, this is a honest question: can someone with such a low level of english graduate so easily?
My official IQ scoring was 163 in forced IQ tests in High school.We had a chick who hit 171.
She went on to become one of france's leading researchers in genetics. I sucked at school and struggled to maintain C's and went to study sociology, psychology, anthropology and marketing.

My son brings back homework I need to google to help him with.

IQ doesn't mean ***.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-24 04:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You are greatly missing the point here. It's that guy who made a point to give importance to IQ. Reread the posts and maybe you'll see why he got those answers.

I didn't bring up mine to brag either, but in response to his "white women are dumber".
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-24 04:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I actually posted some days ago in another thread, regarding intelligence

RE:Intelligence debate

While I too when I was 15 bragged about my IQ, I eventually came to understand how limited a system it is. Because intelligence isn't a singular factor, but it's comprised of many areas.
You can have a high linguistic intelligence but poor creative intelligence, or intuitive, or mnemonic, or mathematical logical, or motoric, etc.
You can have a person who can't verbally put together an argument that makes sense, but meanwhile can understand quantum physics, for example.
Sure there are people who fall short in any kind of intelligence, but that's rare and usually due to some sort of disability or other conditions. So yeah, you can't really put together someone's brain with a test that will only tackle limited areas.
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 04:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You are greatly missing the point here. It's that guy who made a point to give importance to IQ. Reread the posts and maybe you'll see why he got those answers.

I didn't bring up mine to brag either, but in response to his "white women are dumber".

I'm guilty of skimming through stuff a bit too fast and ignoring a lot of it, especially the stuff that is borderline insane. Wasn't addressing the IQ comment to you. Just adding to the discussion.

A true test of intellectual aptitude and mental health are psychometric assessments. I think IQ is just a number for potential, and EQ is just a means for gauging how in-tune one is with society.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Server: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-09-24 04:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
You are basically ***.
I could use a good lay.
Then give yourself to Allah.
72 virgins eh?

I'll pass, that's a lot of work to teach 72 how to do it right.

You keep showing to me and everyone how close minded and shallow you are. It never says anywhere in the Quran that for a Martyr to receive 72 virgins.

Now the real Question should be, from where did you get that source? Oh wait, you don't have none so let me give you some knowledge about this matter, but surely you will end up disagreeing with what I say.

This line, "72 virgins", has been used many times to explain suicide bombings. The idea is that if you die in "Jihad" you will go to heaven and receive "72 Virgins".

This is false.

When you die, you don't go straight to heaven, you will wait until the judgement day, and you will be judged just like everyone else (Muslim and Non-Muslim).

No where in the Quran does it say that you will receive 72 Virgins when you enter paradise.
How ever, it does say you can have what ever you please, that means anything you want. When you are in Paradise, you can wish for what ever you please, hence you still have "free will".

So where does the idea of 72 virgins comes from?

It is from Hadith, here is the specific Hadith:

"It was mentioned by Daraj Ibn Abi Hatim, that Abu al-Haytham 'Adullah Ibn Wahb narrated from Abu Sa'id al-Khudhri, who heard Muhammad saying, 'The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy-two houri, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from al-Jabiyyah to San'a."

The truth is, that in Paradise you can have what ever you wish, 72 virgin is just one option, which is not even from the Quran, so it is uncertain.

What does Quran say about heaven?

“There will be for them therein all that they wish,- and more besides in Our Presence” (Quran 50: 35 Translated meaning )
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 04:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I actually posted some days ago in another thread, regarding intelligence

RE:Intelligence debate

While I too when I was 15 bragged about my IQ, I eventually came to understand how limited a system it is. Because intelligence isn't a singular factor, but it's comprised of many areas.
You can have a high linguistic intelligence but poor creative intelligence, or intuitive, or mnemonic, or mathematical logical, or motoric, etc.
You can have a person who can't verbally put together an argument that makes sense, but meanwhile can understand quantum physics, for example.
Sure there are people who fall short in any kind of intelligence, but that's rare and usually due to some sort of disability or other conditions. So yeah, you can't really put together someone's brain with a test that will only tackle limited areas.

100% agree. There is evidence of this all over the world.
A guy who can draw from memory an entire city as complex and large as London after 1 60 minute fly over - to near perfect detail.

Another guy who can perform complex calculations at the speed of a calculator.

But I've seen other kinds of genius, like a woman who can hear 3 conversations spoken in 3 different languages at the same time and then transcribe all 3 conversations without any error whatsoever - even though she doesn't necessarily speak or understand any of the languages. Blew my mind that one!

Have you heard of the tribe in India that survive throughout the entire year living off sun light?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-24 04:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Have you heard of the tribe in India that survive throughout the entire year living off sun light?
I wish I had this ability too, I don't like eating :(
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 04:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dubai said: »
You are basically ***.
I could use a good lay.
Then give yourself to Allah.
72 virgins eh?

I'll pass, that's a lot of work to teach 72 how to do it right.

You keep showing to me and everyone how close minded and shallow you are. It never says anywhere in the Quran that for a Martyr to receive 72 virgins.

Now the real Question should be, from where did you get that source? Oh wait, you don't have none so let me give you some knowledge about this matter, but surely you will end up disagreeing with what I say.

This line, "72 virgins", has been used many times to explain suicide bombings. The idea is that if you die in "Jihad" you will go to heaven and receive "72 Virgins".

This is false.

When you die, you don't go straight to heaven, you will wait until the judgement day, and you will be judged just like everyone else (Muslim and Non-Muslim).

No where in the Quran does it say that you will receive 72 Virgins when you enter paradise.
How ever, it does say you can have what ever you please, that means anything you want. When you are in Paradise, you can wish for what ever you please, hence you still have "free will".

So where does the idea of 72 virgins comes from?

It is from Hadith, here is the specific Hadith:

"It was mentioned by Daraj Ibn Abi Hatim, that Abu al-Haytham 'Adullah Ibn Wahb narrated from Abu Sa'id al-Khudhri, who heard Muhammad saying, 'The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy-two houri, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from al-Jabiyyah to San'a."

The truth is, that in Paradise you can have what ever you wish, 72 virgin is just one option, which is not even from the Quran, so it is uncertain.

What does Quran say about heaven?

“There will be for them therein all that they wish,- and more besides in Our Presence” (Quran 50: 35 Translated meaning )

It just goes to show that they have been indoctrinated by Al Qaeda and ISIS radical doctrine.

Its worrying because there is a lot of information on Islam out there but some choose to listen to ISIS,Al Qaeda and FOX news instead.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-24 04:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how Fox news is put next to two terrorist organizations.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 04:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Good video - people like Jet would benefit

YouTube Video Placeholder

Feminist Muslim (this girl reminds me so much of my Boss at work, just 20 years younger)
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 04:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't who it is that is always saying Islam spread through the sword, but they would benefit to increase their knowledge on how the Islamic empire rose

[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Server: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-24 05:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I see the master's IQ dropped by 5 digits while I was asleep. That's a fast decay!

Anyway, this is a honest question: can someone with such a low level of english graduate so easily?
Depends on the school district and university.

Short answer: yes, it is possible
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-24 05:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you imagine reading a CV written by this guy?
Let alone the cover letter.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-24 05:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Can you imagine reading a CV written by this guy?
Let alone the cover letter.

I don't want to put him down any more. The tough exterior he/she presents is over compensating for a lot. But many here on these forums are also "internet tough guys/girls".

The more he is spoken of and targeted the more he will feel compelled to counter. So lets just let it be and move on.

My advice to him is to work hard and study. Its never late to improve oneself and grow. Many remarkable people have been late bloomers and succeeded at their life's mission.

It starts however by being honest with yourself and realizing there is room to grow.

That should make you feel empowered and liberated once it is truly realized - growth = living. Stagnation = death.

"Get busy living or get busy dying"

EDIT: Refreshazure if you truly believe your own words in the above post then you will realize you are the product of the content you consume and indulge in. If I had your gift or curse, if you really have it, I would not waste my time consuming the drivel of these forums as it is polluted with gibberish, false information for the most part. If your memory isn't as selective as the average person's without any filtration on what to retain and what to toss out, you are setting yourself up for insanity by continuing to read and participate here.

That is the logical conclusion, if you do not recognize it, then you need to understand that you're deluded and need to crawl out from underneath yourself.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-24 05:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say that cause I was implying a poor language to denote a low intelligence. But I thought one needed to have a certain level of linguistic competence to be admitted in college. That's all.

Also, I know dyslexia is a thing, but you made it a point multiple times to let us know you have a poor education.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-24 05:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Refreshazure said: »
Blazed1979 said: »

My official IQ scoring was 163 in forced IQ tests in High school.We had a chick who hit 171.
She went on to become one of france's leading researchers in genetics. I sucked at school and struggled to maintain C's and went to study sociology, psychology, anthropology and marketing.

My son brings back homework I need to google to help him with.

IQ doesn't mean ***.

Assuming you say is true of course IQ doesn't mean jiggly puff to someone who supports Islam.

they have no reason to use it just because you can't use it correctly and just spam Scripture doesn't mean the rest of the intelligent people can't use it correctly.

You test my patience.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-24 05:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Maldini said: »
You test my patience.
You think that's testing patience?! *pokes repeatedly with a stick*
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 05:37:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy Mald, the dude is obviously insane lol.

just a reminder: Never argue with an idiot. Anyone passing by wouldn't be able to differentiate the two.

Let it go.
 Quetzalcoatl.Maldini
By Quetzalcoatl.Maldini 2014-09-24 05:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I gave him the benefit of the doubt but he seems to be just another e-thug hell bent on causing a ***storm of "*** islam".
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-24 05:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say that cause I was implying a poor language to denote a low intelligence. But I thought one needed to have a certain level of linguistic competence to be admitted in college. That's all.
You are supposed to. But college admittance requirements are not standardized.

Community colleges (associate degree, begininng bachlors) have to accept everyone with a high school diploma or equilivant (for FL, not sure if this is standard in all states). However, remedial courses can be required.

There are also "degree factories" in the US where it is basically based on your ability to pay.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 06:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
You are supposed to. But college admittance requirements are not standardized.

Community colleges (associate degree, begininng bachlors) have to accept everyone with a high school diploma or equilivant (for FL, not sure if this is standard in all states). However, remedial courses can be required.

There are also "degree factories" in the US where it is basically based on your ability to pay.

The "complimentary" and "honorary" degree business is picking up.
It's a bogus practice but they are getting very good at appearing legitimate these days.

I received an email stating that I was being granted an honorary Masters degree for my work in the fields of PR & Marketing. The email mentioned some projects and marketing campaigns that I lead in europe and the middle east. It also made mention that it verified my academic credentials.I'll be honest and say that at first glance I thought it was the real deal. It wasn't until I spoke to them on the phone and asked some hard questions that I managed to finally get them to start cursing and insulting me.

I don't know how they have the time to target specific individuals and still profit. Perhaps this is an undesired side effect of social media.

What's next - emails stating a family member is hospitalized and the Hospital won't allow him to stay unless x-amount is transferred to an account?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-09-24 06:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Christianity's death will be within the next 50--100 years.
Way too short. It's true that it's on decline, but unless some major holy war happens it's gonna take much much longer before it fades.

edit: or major discoveries in quantum physics

edit2: or aliens
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 06:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I block people so I can forget they and their gibberish exist?
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-09-24 06:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[Block]
In blue, right hand corner of someone's post
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-09-24 06:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

barely coherent double spaced wall of text

Relevant:
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-09-24 06:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
[Block]
In blue, right hand corner of someone's post
Thank you...Such relief... Its like I was stuck downtown with a bloated bladder with no restrooms in sight.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 23 24 25