Gov. Rick Perry Indicted On Felony Charges

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
Gov. Rick Perry indicted on felony charges
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 34 35 36
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 14:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Spoken like a true America hater. Liberalism at it's finest.

Yup, I hate America for criticizing her. More people should 'hate' America rather than buy into the 'we're #1, we're #1' nonsense sold to you by your leaders.

Like any country we've got work to do in getting better and that doesn't happen unless we admit we got problems.

Right and all those solutions require your money to fund. It's the only way we can solve everybody's problems. You do want to solve everybody's problems right? I mean don't you CARE???
By fonewear 2014-08-19 14:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care but I'm good at faking it.

I thought Rick Perry was that guy from Friends.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-19 14:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Excuses are easy, expansion and pragmatism are hard.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-19 14:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yup, I hate America for criticizing her. More people should 'hate' America rather than buy into the 'we're #1, we're #1' nonsense sold to you by your leaders.

Like any country we've got work to do in getting better and that doesn't happen unless we admit we got problems.

Right and all those solutions require your money to fund. It's the only way we can solve everybody's problems. You do want to solve everybody's problems right? I mean don't you CARE???

It takes ideas, vision and money. Not dwelling on the past and sinking more money into the military budget and tax cuts that go overseas. What America needs right now is a vision, a leader and Congress that have some idea we can all rally around rather than this divide and conquer ***that lobbyists love.

We're losing our government. Some would say its gone already but we need it back.

We can't solve everyone's problems but admitting this country has a serious problem with blacks might be a start. I mean, the pols can't stop fawning over educating those 'folk' on what the right path is and the public is still running off racist 'scary black folk' rhetoric taht kicks in every time someone dark gets shot.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 14:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Spoken like a true America hater. Liberalism at it's finest. You preach the pursuit of introspection, but lets be honest. You're not content with introspection, really you just feel entitled to other people's money simply because you don't have any yourself.
If you wanted to "be honest", you wouldn't pretend to know anything about my financial situation. That's not honesty. That's making ***up for lack of a real answer.
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Spoken like a true America hater. Liberalism at it's finest. You preach the pursuit of introspection, but lets be honest. You're not content with introspection, really you just feel entitled to other people's money simply because you don't have any yourself.

See? Conservative pessimism.

Can't grasp that someone might have empathy for another human being, so you jump right to suspecting an underlying motive.
Empathy is one thing but if you both were really so noble and moral, you'd go earn the money yourselves instead of insisting other people be force to give it up themselves at the threat of imprisonment.
By fonewear 2014-08-19 15:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The best way to solve any problem is throw money at it till it goes away.

Or blame a previous President for the current state of America.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 15:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes ideas, vision and money. Not dwelling on the past and sinking more money into the military budget and tax cuts that go overseas. What America needs right now is a vision, a leader and Congress that have some idea we can all rally around rather than this divide and conquer ***that lobbyists love.

We're losing our government. Some would say its gone already but we need it back.

We can't solve everyone's problems but admitting this country has a serious problem with blacks might be a start. I mean, the pols can't stop fawning over educating those 'folk' on what the right path is and the public is still running off racist 'scary black folk' rhetoric taht kicks in every time someone dark gets shot.
Oh this should be good, what is this country's serious problem with blacks?
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 15:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Empathy is one thing but if you both were really so noble and moral, you'd go earn the money yourselves instead of insisting other people be force to give it up themselves at the threat of imprisonment.

Okay, again. You're assuming my financial situation and being pessimistic. The only money paid to me by the government I earn through work or gets cut to me by the IRS in the form of my income tax return.

And I'd be okay with them taking more in taxes if it meant better, more well-regulated police forces, infrastructure, health care, and education.

...and that's not even all that's wrong with that statement.

You really are just a hopeless conservative rhetoric puppet so much of the time. ;;
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 15:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Really?

Like, seriously? You're asking this with a straight face?

No. No you're not. You've officially trolled the hardest you've ever trolled. I get it now.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-19 15:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Open a book, you just might learn something.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 15:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Okay, again. You're assuming my financial situation and being pessimistic. The only money paid to me by the government I earn through work or gets cut to me by the IRS in the form of my meager income tax return.

And I'd be okay with them taking more in taxes if it meant better, more well-regulated police forces, infrastructure, health care, and education.

You really are just a hopeless conservative rhetoric puppet so much of the time. ;;
Why wait until they raise taxes on that? You could just donate some of your money to the local police force, school, hospital etc if you're really that compassionate.

Your idea of compassion is to force other people to donate to your cause.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 15:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Really?

Like, seriously? You're asking this with a straight face?

No. No you're not. You've officially trolled the hardest you've ever trolled. I get it now.

Open a book, you just might learn something.

No I want both of you to put it into words for me. What is the country's current serious problem with blacks?
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2014-08-19 15:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I'm watching fox news
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-19 15:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You want me to put it in words for you because you're drawing a blank based on your own ignorance.

Protip: We're 50 years out from blacks being treated like equal human beings which is well within the lifespan of most of our elected officials who would have grown up in an America that thought otherwise. An america of white superiority codified into laws.

Still drawing blanks?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 15:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You want me to put it in words for you because you're drawing a blank based on your own ignorance.

Protip: We're 50 years out from blacks being treated like equal human beings which is well within the lifespan of most of our elected officials who would have grown up in an America that thought otherwise. An america of white superiority codified into laws.

Still drawing blanks?
So we don't live in an America of law enforced white supremacy. Is that a problem? Cause I asked what the problem was and that doesn't sound like a problem.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-19 15:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I'm interested in what you think the underlying causes of violence is.
I think it's largely driven by poverty and the intrinsic difficulty, whether real or assumed, that comes with escaping it. (Could also argue a culture that places too much emphasis on material wealth instead of more humanist qualities, such as the pursuit of knowledge, but eh... too philosophical.) Violence brought on by mental illness is probably comparatively much rarer, but there's still a stigma associated with diagnosis and treatment that discourages either. Sexual violence is, in some part, perpetuated through the idea that the woman was somehow asking for it as well as a general fuzzy understanding of what consent actually is.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 15:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Okay, again. You're assuming my financial situation and being pessimistic. The only money paid to me by the government I earn through work or gets cut to me by the IRS in the form of my meager income tax return.

Why wait until they raise taxes on that? You could just donate some of your money to the local police force, school, hospital etc if you're really that compassionate.

Your idea of compassion is to force other people to donate to your cause.

Again, if you want to express it in such pessimistic, selfish views, then yes. I guess you could put it that way. And that's the only way you're willing to see it, so. I guess yes, you're right?

Quote:
No I want both of you to put it into words for me.

I literally do not have the time to give you a lesson in the history of race relations in the United States. There are entire college courses of study devoted to this topic. Try looking up things like "Jim Crow" laws. Try looking up laws where it was illegal for a black individual to marry a white individual. Blacks not being allowed to vote. The list goes on.

Racism still exists. It's not as blatant as it once was and it's slowly going way, but it's not there yet. By a long shot.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 15:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's largely driven by poverty and the intrinsic difficulty, whether real or assumed, that comes with escaping it. (Could also argue a culture that places too much emphasis on material wealth instead of more humanist qualities, such as the pursuit of knowledge, but eh... too philosophical.) Violence brought on by mental illness is probably comparatively much rarer, but there's still a stigma associated with diagnosis and treatment that discourages either. Sexual violence is, in some part, perpetuated through the idea that the woman was somehow asking for it as well as a general fuzzy understanding of what consent actually is.

Bolded part is accurate, but not entirely. Just because the violence itself was not brought on by mental illness does not mean there is not at least a casual relation between the amount of untreated psychological disorders in the poor black community and crimes, both violent and non-violent.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-19 15:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, racism ended as soon as the ink was dry of the Civil Rights Act. Natch.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-19 15:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohh. I forgot. *** me.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 15:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of people are born to be poor Pleebo. Lots of people if they were to suddenly to win the lottery, are so bad with money that they would be right back in the poorhouse after a few years. Most of those people are poor because of the choices they have made and continue to make. Christ, haven't you ever met someone who no matter what you do cannot seem to learn from their mistakes?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-19 15:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

haven't you ever met someone who no matter what you do cannot seem to learn from their mistakes?
It's not their fault that they made those mistakes in the first place, remember?

It's the evil rich who keeps them down and keeps them from succeeding in life. Never mind the multiple examples of poor kids in ghettos succeeding in life. That doesn't happen, so said the Liberal God, Al Gore.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-19 15:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't know how close to the truth this statement is in America.

When you think history is some kinda Saturday Morning Special where everything is neatly resolved before breakfasts warm, this is the result.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-19 15:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it not possible that people can be bad with money because they are never given the opportunity to have any?
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-19 15:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Think I'll just ignore King here, he is the architect of the 'why didn't the slaves just run' school of thought.

I think even Kindergartens across America could have formulated a better train of logic.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-19 15:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of people are born to be poor Pleebo. Lots of people if they were to suddenly to win the lottery, are so bad with money that they would be right back in the poorhouse after a few years. Most of those people are poor because of the choices they have made and continue to make. Christ, haven't you ever met someone who no matter what you do cannot seem to learn from their mistakes?
Sure, but saying it's difficult to be poor and to stop being poor is not meant to be an excuse for idiots. Just like saying it sucks to be black in certain areas of the U.S. is not an excuse for people to loot and riot or that violence against women is an excuse for others to lie about rape.

It's simply me stating where I think the problem lies.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 15:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right, we've got racial quotas now in public institutions that permit less qualified candidates simply because they aren't white.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-19 15:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Is it not possible that people can be bad with money because they are never given the opportunity to have any?

Or the knowledge of complex processes like investments, real estate, loans etc etc.

There is so much in generational wealth that is ignored. Your grandparents having a house, some kind of secondary sources of income, investment portfolios, business acumen, collegiate degrees that are passed onto you among other things puts you at a clear advantage over a group of people who were expressly barred from owning property or having access to the information on these topics. Being goaded into a shitty neighborhood by real estate agents because you'll drive down your peers property value (cause blax do that) is yet another example of the inherent racism we live in.

For a beautiful anecdote, I'm my families second degree-holder. Second.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-19 15:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pleebo, you're some kind of brown, right? Would you say that you never see the effects of lingering racism?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-19 15:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, but saying it's difficult to be poor and to stop being poor is not meant to be an excuse for idiots. Just like saying it sucks to be black in certain areas of the U.S. is not an excuse for people to loot and riot or that violence against women is an excuse for others to lie about rape.

It's simply me stating where I think the problem lies.
Yeah but you're always gonna have people who make bad decisions, and are poor because of those decision. Why not allow them the freedom to make those bad decisions. I mean shouldn't I be allowed to spend money I should've saved on hookers and blow if I want to?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 34 35 36