Ebola Patient Coming To U.S.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 42 43 44
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-01 13:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
If the kid isn't in immediate physical danger, it's none of your business.

Someone else's kid is not my responsibility, it's theirs. I did not by default take part in its creation, so I should not by default be coerced into providing care. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't give a kid candy on Halloween or volunteer as a big brother or sister. It means that other people's business is their business and my business is my business.
So why the hell is it suddenly your responsibility if it is immediate physical danger? It isn't your business, it is the parents.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 13:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sophie Tilgung said: »
Bahamut.Milamber said: »
No one's against "non abortive" birth control,
You can't be serious. There are various religious groups that are against many, most, or all forms of birth control.
Didn't Hobby Lobby JUST use their religious beliefs as a reason to remove birth control from their health care plan?
only 4 of the 20 FDA approved forms.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 13:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Nausi, I've looked into the eyes of children I know are going to grow up to be *** up individuals with a battery of psychological and behavioral problems. It's an ominous feeling and one of complete helplessness.

Worse still are the parents that don't give a ***. So yes, if the option was there I'd rather them abort than waste a child's infinite potential. If they want to keep it, then there is nothing I can do.

This is the position from which I speak. I work in a field where I deal with these children at times, and also know people in personal life that deal with these children on a daily basis.

(In fact, I worth with a woman who is a foster mother to children such as these in addition to the work we do. I believe the label colloquially applied to people such as her is, "Saint", whether you believe in the divinity of the word or not).

Their parents are scum, yet the CYS system can't even gets these kids away from the parents, let alone undo the damage these parents have already done, further still it's harder yet to find loving home with patient foster parents that will take them in.

Restricting these people from procreating at all would be nothing but a boon to humanity as a whole.
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2014-08-01 13:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi, I've looked into the eyes of children I know are going to grow up to be *** up individuals with a battery of psychological and behavioral problems. It's an ominous feeling and one of complete helplessness.

Worse still are the parents that don't give a ***. So yes, if the option was there I'd rather them abort than waste a child's infinite potential. If they want to keep it, then there is nothing I can do.
Your point is mired in thinking that merely because someone is damaged, they're also irreparable.

I know a lot of people who aren't damaged goods and, as a consequence, are wholly incapable of dealing with anything that happens to them more severe than a hangnail. The damaged people I know have real problems (often substance-related), but the unfortunate reality of surviving most ordeals is that you learn a certain amount of perspective.

Don't blow that out of proportion, though. I'd rather people never experience pain and live in their HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE little suburban bubbles than go through parental divorce, abuse, disease, or deaths in the family. But it's pretty callous to say that you'd rather someone never existed at all if their existence is going to be marked by strife.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 13:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is this now a pro vs anti abortion debate?
Seems to be such a hot topic in the US.

here, let me solve it for both sides:

1. Does the mother want the child?
If yes, -> She keeps it
If no, -> Is the mother more than 3 months pregnant?
if Yes, -> She continues pregnancy and gives it up for adoption
if no, Abort.

2. Am I the father?
If yes -> poidh
If no -> you ***.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-01 13:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you trying to seduce me Hemorrhagic Fever?
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-01 13:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What are you considering abortive birth control?

Last time you said anything that affected the implantation in the uterus.

Edit: from previous thread
No! You are incorrect, if the medication alters the uterus so that the egg isn't capable of being implanted, they abort the pregnancy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 13:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi, I've looked into the eyes of children I know are going to grow up to be *** up individuals with a battery of psychological and behavioral problems. It's an ominous feeling and one of complete helplessness. Perfectly good children being wasted because they have crappy parents who are intentionally neglecting them because they were a gigantic mistake.

Worse still are the parents that don't give a *** altogether bringing a 4 year old to school that isn't potty trained or completely unsocialized. So yes, if the option was there I'd rather them abort than waste a child's infinite potential. If they want to keep it, then there is nothing I can do. Freedom and all.

Children are a choice. If you don't want them, please opt the *** out.

So it's better to be aborted than to grow up with some psychological issues? You really think aborting the child isn't a bigger waste of human potential than being a far from perfect parent? That says far more about your distaste from people then those parents'.

No one grows up with a perfect family, but everyone deserves the chance to grow up.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 13:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you haven't considered the possibility of becoming a parent, you shouldn't be freely engaging in sex.

Sex has purposes other than reproductivity. Many -- all better, really -- purposes than reproductivity.

Quote:
If the kid isn't in immediate physical danger, it's none of your business.

Children eating of of the garbage because parents haven't fed them for days on end isn't immediate physical danger.

Got it. None of my business.

I bet you're the kind of *** who thinks beating women is okay too because she totally chose to be with that guy.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-01 13:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You know when you sit there and say "I can't think of anything worse for a child..." two things come to mind. 1) There are plenty of things WORSE than living though a bad childhood. NOT LIVING at all being one of them. 2) Human's are free to live as they choose. That includes (for the most part) how they want to raise their kids.

You know what?
**warning, don't do this if you have any shred of empathy, and want to not feel like utter *****
By Jetackuu 2014-08-01 13:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you like giving things the classification of people, but like corporations, fetuses aren't people.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 13:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Justin Beiber, Celine Dion and Cher were almost aborted by their mothers...
I think I now know where I stand on this issue.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-01 13:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Also the health institution that I don't know how it's called in english said they're being unable to contain the spreading which is much faster than their ability to catch it. So there's that. Not just the american doctor secured in a hospital.
I think this has more to do with the general distrust that the stricken communities have towards doctors and modern medicine than the virulent nature of the virus.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-01 13:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Hey Cher was fine. Maybe not fine to look at, but fine for music.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 13:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You know when you sit there and say "I can't think of anything worse for a child..." two things come to mind. 1) There are plenty of things WORSE than living though a bad childhood. NOT LIVING at all being one of them. 2) Human's are free to live as they choose. That includes (for the most part) how they want to raise their kids.

You know what?
**warning, don't do this if you have any shred of empathy, and want to not feel like utter *****

Right, better they not exist at all than suffer. Got it!
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 13:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

David Hasslehof has more talent.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-01 13:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 13:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what?

Yeah. Actually.

Children that were never even conceived can't suffer. In fact, they never existed. You don't have to mourn them at all, unless of course you mourn every single ejaculation you've ever had that didn't impregnate a woman.

Hell you don't even mourn people who do exist.
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Raein Tilgung 2014-08-01 13:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what?

Because dying extremely young and suffering the entire time is such a wonderful life.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 13:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

sweet sweet sweet poetry!
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-08-01 13:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

No! You are incorrect, if the medication alters the uterus so that the egg isn't capable of being implanted, they abort the pregnancy.

Topics of BC and abortion are really becoming a fool's errand on here, unfortunately.

EDIT: Then again, maybe they always were.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-01 13:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
unless of course you mourn every single ejaculation you've ever had that didn't impregnate a woman
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 13:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

misread and jumped the gun my bad.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-01 13:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »

Your point is mired in thinking that merely because someone is damaged, they're also irreparable.

I know a lot of people who aren't damaged goods and, as a consequence, are wholly incapable of dealing with anything that happens to them more severe than a hangnail. The damaged people I know have real problems (often substance-related), but the unfortunate reality of surviving most ordeals is that you learn a certain amount of perspective.

Don't blow that out of proportion, though. I'd rather people never experience pain and live in their HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE little suburban bubbles than go through parental divorce, abuse, disease, or deaths in the family. But it's pretty callous to say that you'd rather someone never existed at all if their existence is going to be marked by strife.

Complete strawman. No one expects people to live in a 'bubble' or have a perfect life but if you're born to an unstable home your likelihood of making it to adulthood as a productive, stable citizen is markedly lower than those in an overall stable home.

We have the option in society to opt out of a pregnancy you don't want one. Contraception is an option. Education is an option. Abortion is an option. If you're at that point where daddy has jumped town and you're not really about that mother life, abort and save us all the misery of a phoned in parenting.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-01 13:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Seha's into creamshots, that's interesting ^.O
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 13:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Bahamut.Kara said: »

Topics of BC and abortion are really becoming a fool's errand on here, unfortunately.

EDIT: Then again, maybe they always were.

It's all_my_fault.

[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-01 13:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
unless of course you mourn every single ejaculation you've ever had that didn't impregnate a woman
Relevant:
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 14:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Seha's into creamshots, that's interesting ^.O ~.~'

FTFY
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-08-01 14:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ebola virus to abortion?

Can we just go back to talking about beer?!

[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-08-01 14:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 42 43 44