Ebola Patient Coming To U.S.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 42 43 44
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 13:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
There are bioweapons far more deadly than the Ebolas virus in storage in the US. You have nothing to worry about. I find it kind of funny that people are actually scared, all things considered.

You know the fatality rate is somewhere close to 90% right? Basically drink water and hope your organs don't fail from internal bleeding.

Fatality rates are based on the locality. A common cold can be fatal in certain parts of the world if they are impoverished enough.

Nausi is also scared to death of chicken pox, something to which he's quite likely completely immune.

His fear of diseases isn't the most irrational thing ever, but it's a bit bigger than it need be.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-01 13:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically drink water and hope your organs don't fail from internal bleeding.
Quote of the day!
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 13:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
There are bioweapons far more deadly than the Ebolas virus in storage in the US. You have nothing to worry about. I find it kind of funny that people are actually scared, all things considered.

You know the fatality rate is somewhere close to 90% right? Basically drink water and hope your organs don't fail from internal bleeding.

Fatality rates are based on the locality. A common cold can be fatal in certain parts of the world if they are impoverished enough.

Nausi is also scared to death of chicken pox, something to which he's quite likely completely immune.

His fear of diseases isn't the most irrational thing ever, but it's a bit bigger than it need be.

Ebola virus breaks out across US. Scientists trial a vaccination on chimps. Compound X1HJ proves successful at fully restoring immune system. Only observable side effect is mutation in eye cells, resulting in green discoloration of the iris.
Chimp Subject Ceasar and Koba have bukkake on the 9 o'clock news live. Run!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 13:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Siren.Mosin said: »
fiscal policy and start forking over the taxes to pay for their crying, hungry little ***.

or, you know, have people take care of their *** kids.

that could work.
Coulda, woulda, shoulda, but they didn't.

Well we shouldn't be on the hook for their choices. I mean how are they gonna learn the smart things to do, if there are no consequences when they do stupid things?

See...

THIS is where I think the anti-birth control/abortion people are *** cruel to children.

A child in the proper context is a beautiful thing. The living symbol of the unity of two people who love each other. Even if it's born to a homosexual couple, or adopted a child, or even of a single mother's desire to fulfill certain biological needs.

A child should be planned, expected, and wanted.

A child should never be thrust upon irresponsible people as a punishment for being irresponsible.

I can think of little worse to do to a child -- within context of raising it to be a productive member of society -- than to force it to go through life being though of as someone else's burden.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-01 13:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

fiscal policy and start forking over the taxes to pay for their crying, hungry little ***.

that could work.

Well we shouldn't be on the hook for their choices. I mean how are they gonna learn the smart things to do, if there are no consequences when they do stupid things?
Trailer parks?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-01 13:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Gather up all the unwanted children and harvest their organs. Problem solved.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 13:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

that could work.

See...

THIS is where I think the anti-birth control/abortion people are *** cruel to children.

A child in the proper context is a beautiful thing. The living symbol of the unity of two people who love each other. Even if it's born to a homosexual couple, or adopted a child, or even of a single mother's desire to fulfill certain biological needs.

A child should never be thrust upon irresponsible people as a punishment for being irresponsible.

I can think of little worse to do to a child -- within context of raising it to be a productive member of society -- than to force it to go through life being though of as someone else's burden.

Why does everyone have to be a productive member of society? why can't some people just be hermits and keep to themselves, living off the land(or trashcans in suburbia) .. what is this obsession with everyone alive having to contribute something to others?
I just want to fish, get baked and watch tv ....
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 13:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

that could work.

I seriously hope you people against abortion and birth control impregnate/get impregnated every single time you have sex.

Every. Single. Time.

No one's against "non abortive" birth control, I'm not really for outlawing all abortions either. I just won't ever think its ever a reasonable solution to the "problem" of pregnancy. Innocent unborn should never be categorized as "problems".
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 13:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally the concept of "productive member of society" implies you're working/earning your own living. Not necessarily contribute more to others than obligated by federal/state/local tax code...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 13:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not scared of chickenpox I had it as a kid. That doesn't mean that to those who didn't it isn't quite dangerous.

Thanks for the mis-characterization of me (yet again).
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 13:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

that could work.

I seriously hope you people against abortion and birth control impregnate/get impregnated every single time you have sex.

Every. Single. Time.

No one's against "non abortive" birth control, I'm not really for outlawing all abortions either. I just won't ever think its ever a reasonable solution to the "problem" of pregnancy. Innocent unborn should never be categorized as "problems".

If you do not want to be a parent, pregnancy is a problem. A very serious problem.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-01 13:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it kind of funny that people are actually scared, all things considered.
This keeps being said, and since I mentioned fear I'll respond as it was addressed to me.

I'm not scared of the guy getting transfered to Atlanta. I don't even live in the states. I was speaking of the general topic of a pandemic striking across the world. Which is very hard to dodge if it happens.

Also the health institution that I don't know how it's called in english said they're being unable to contain the spreading which is much faster than their ability to catch it. So there's that. Not just the american doctor secured in a hospital.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-01 13:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not scared of chickenpox I had it as a kid. That doesn't mean that to those who didn't it isn't quite dangerous.

I didn't necessarily mean for you yourself. Chicken pox has a readily available vaccination. If you didn't have it as a child and you're not vaccinated, whatever happens to you is your own damn fault.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-01 13:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember to have your poor and/or uneducated adult citizens spayed or neutered.
[+]
By volkom 2014-08-01 13:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't necessarily mean for you yourself. Chicken pox has a readily available vaccination. If you didn't have it as a child and you're not vaccinated, whatever happens to you is your own damn fault.
can get seriously fcked up if you move to live in japan w/o having vaccines
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 13:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally the concept of "productive member of society" implies you're working/earning your own living. Not necessarily contribute more to others than obligated by federal/state/local tax code...
Oh.. well that's fine then.. everyone should be a "productive" member of society then. Except me, I want to be carried.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-01 13:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does everyone have to be a productive member of society? why can't some people just be hermits and keep to themselves, living off the land(or trashcans in suburbia) .. what is this obsession with everyone alive having to contribute something to others?
Generally speaking, because no-one really likes freeloading ***.
If you can do the above without having impact to anyone else (somehow), then by all means, go for it. But you'll need to pay for whatever you need from other people. Or find people willing to let you mooch.
*edit*swapped quote and spoiler tag, yay
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-08-01 13:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

can get seriously fcked up if you move to live in japan w/o having vaccines
You can get *** up going anywhere without the proper vaccines, particularly if you have a weak immune system - which can result from a lack of certain vitamins
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 13:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
This keeps being said, and since I mentioned fear I'll respond as it was addressed to me.

I'm not scared of the guy getting transfered to Atlanta. I don't even live in the states. I was speaking of the general topic of a pandemic striking across the world. Which is very hard to dodge if it happens.

Also the health institution that I don't know how it's called in english said they're being unable to contain the spreading which is much faster than their ability to catch it. So there's that. Not just the american doctor secured in a hospital.

A break out of some kind of virus is inevitable. Don't quote me on this as its not one of the subjects that I actively read on, but I recall in college our prof saying its common knowledge in the medical world that 1-2 minor viruses/diseases break out once every 200 years and they consider Aids to be that minor virus. Once every 500-700 years Major viruses/diseases break out that wipe out anywhere from 10-25% of humankind.

edit: oh yeah, and apparently we are overdue. Good times ahead :), I got my bunker ready and I'm not sharing any Dr. pepper or canned beans with any of you.
By volkom 2014-08-01 13:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

A break out of some kind of virus is inevitable. Don't quote me on this as its not one of the subjects that I actively read on, but I recall in college our prof saying its common knowledge in the medical world that 1-2 minor viruses/diseases break out once every 200 years and they consider Aids to be that minor virus. Once every 500-700 years Major viruses/diseases break out that wipe out anywhere from 10-25% of humankind.

edit: oh yeah, and apparently we are overdue. Good times ahead :), I got my bunker ready and I'm not sharing any Dr. pepper or canned beans with any of you.

quoted
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 13:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

that could work.

See...

You know when you sit there and say "I can't think of anything worse for a child..." two things come to mind. 1) There are plenty of things WORSE than living though a bad childhood. NOT LIVING at all being one of them. 2) Human's are free to live as they choose. That includes (for the most part) how they want to raise their kids. While you would say that this is indicative of my uncaring nature for children, I would and say that what you argue is indicative of YOUR uncaring nature for your fellow humans. Live and let live bro. If the kid isn't in immediate physical danger, it's none of your business.

Someone else's kid is not my responsibility, it's theirs. I did not by default take part in its creation, so I should not by default be coerced into providing care. That doesn't mean that I wouldn't give a kid candy on Halloween or volunteer as a big brother or sister. It means that other people's business is their business and my business is my business.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-01 13:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No one's against "non abortive" birth control,
You can't be serious. There are various religious groups that are against many, most, or all forms of birth control.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 13:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

that could work.

Every. Single. Time.

If you do not want to be a parent, pregnancy is a problem. A very serious problem.

If you haven't considered the possibility of becoming a parent, you shouldn't be freely engaging in sex.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-01 13:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't about others, it's about being able to provide for yourself. To do that, you generally need to be productive. A world of trashcan hobos means an increase in violent, often delusional people running about your neighborhood and that means criminal activity and finally taxpayer funded prisons. Anyone living off the fat of the land is generally outside the bounds of society so they don't really matter.

So yeah, if we can, we want people to be productive. That doesn't mean raking in bank but an internal sense of worth and accomplishment that staves off illicit behavior and/or radicalism. (See: The Middle East)
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 13:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
You can't be serious. There are various religious groups that are against many, most, or all forms of birth control.
(meant in this forum) Don't sidetrack further pls.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-08-01 13:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

To an extent I agree, but the administration shouldn't be shipping exposure to chicken pox all around the country.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-08-01 13:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi, I've looked into the eyes of children I know are going to grow up to be *** up individuals with a battery of psychological and behavioral problems. It's an ominous feeling and one of complete helplessness. Perfectly good children being wasted because they have crappy parents who are intentionally neglecting them because they were a gigantic mistake.

Worse still are the parents that don't give a *** altogether bringing a 4 year old to school that isn't potty trained or completely unsocialized. So yes, if the option was there I'd rather them abort than waste a child's infinite potential. If they want to keep it, then there is nothing I can do. Freedom and all.

Children are a choice. If you don't want them, please opt the *** out.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-01 13:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Spanish flu of 1918 was significantly more virulent than HIV.
By Blazed1979 2014-08-01 13:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

A world of trashcan hobos means an increase in violent, often delusional people running about your neighborhood

That sounds like a damn good time to me! well, except the violent part, unless its between two mutually consenting adults.
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Raein Tilgung 2014-08-01 13:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Didn't Hobby Lobby JUST use their religious beliefs as a reason to remove birth control from their health care plan?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 42 43 44