Ebola Patient Coming To U.S.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
Ebola Patient Coming to U.S.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 42 43 44
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-02 16:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Texas is now known as the Ebola capital of the U.S.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-02 16:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

So what your saying is that Ebola is a giant Bush family conspiracy to reclaim presidency from Obama? Is Barbara secretly manufacturing ebola cookies? And Laura putting ebola in our school libraries?! lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-02 16:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

So what your saying is that Ebola is a giant Bush family conspiracy to reclaim presidency from Obama? Is Barbara secretly manufacturing ebola cookies? And Laura putting ebola in our school libraries?! lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-02 16:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

First 15, then 80, and now up 100 with 4 additional people quarantined.

Looks like they released the patient's name though.

Quote:
Up to 100 people may have had contact with the first person diagnosed with Ebola in the United States, and four people were quarantined in a Dallas apartment where sheets and other items used by the man were put in sealed plastic bags to prevent infection.

Health officials said on Thursday that 12 to 18 people had direct contact with the patient, who flew to Texas from Liberia via Brussels and Washington two weeks ago, and they in turn had contact with scores of others.

None of those thought to have had contact with the patient, Thomas Eric Duncan, were showing symptoms of Ebola, Dallas County officials said at a news conference. Duncan had been staying in an apartment in the northeastern part of the city for about a week before going to a Dallas hospital.

"The sheets were placed in a sealed plastic bag and have been in the bag, as well as the belongings of Mr. Duncan, those were also in a bag," said Clay Jenkins, Dallas County's top political official.
Up to 100 possibly exposed to U.S. Ebola patient; four isolated
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-02 16:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-02 16:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Great, a title I didn't ever want to see in my lifetime....
By Enuyasha 2014-10-02 18:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
EBOLA? THANKS OBAMA. ALL THOSE WEST AFRICANS ARE HERE BECAUSE YOU DIDNT SECURE THE BORDERS.
Sadly enough, ive heard people say this...

Bahamut.Kara said: »

Quote:
If you believe direct contact is something more difficult than that to encounter, you're a sheep.
I love that you used Thirteen for this response. I approve, lots.

and just so we're all clear, it may be Ebola, but its NEVER Lupus.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2014-10-02 18:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lol this showed up on my FB feed just now. Can't stop laughing...LOL EDIT: Dunno if this is photoshopped or an actual Grindr profile.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-02 19:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

and now this popped up on my FB feed.

It was said that Mr Ebola patient threw up outside the apartments where he was staying at. So they hired a crew to power wash the disease away.

Good luck everyone!
By Enuyasha 2014-10-02 19:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »

It was said that Mr Ebola patient threw up outside the apartments where he was staying at. So they hired a crew to power wash the disease away.

Good luck everyone!
Dont worry, the sidewalks will be pearly white and Ebola free! What could be wrong with that guys?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-02 19:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »

Good luck everyone!
Dont worry, the sidewalks will be pearly white and Ebola free! What could be wrong with that guys?
Shouldn't the CDC be doing that?

With the Obama administration, incompetence is the new competence.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-02 19:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Person in Hawaii has been put in isolation for possible Ebola virus.
By Enuyasha 2014-10-02 19:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Enuyasha said: »

Good luck everyone!
Shouldn't the CDC be doing that?

With the Obama administration, incompetence is the new competence.
Incompetence in Landlords has been a thing since the beginning of time. Why, back when the cavemen started renting out their old caves the renting caveman would say the carnivorous animals inside the cave were their problem not his and if the cave leaked, he'd only send over illegal neanderthals to sand a spot in the cave for two hours.

But yea, if its not actually reported to the CDC and is only "Allegedly" reported from a news anchor: you cant expect the CDC to just magically teleport there and start nuking the spot.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-10-02 19:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Photos without context aren't worth much.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-02 19:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »

Oh!

You want citations.

Source #1
Source #2
Source #3
Source #4
Source #5

I wasn't aware that people don't believe me outright. A travesty.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-10-02 19:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There's still zero context of what is actually being washed away and zero context detailing if those were taken before or after the CDC arrived.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-02 19:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the question I'd like answered. You think they would have arrived first before management got someone there?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-02 20:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

They're cleaning up the bloody vomit from the patient. It doesn't take a climate scientist to figure that out.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-02 20:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-10-02 20:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

There's still zero context of what is actually being washed away and zero context detailing if those were taken before or after the CDC arrived.

Found a rare very common pic of Pleebo.

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-02 20:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Health officials in at least two states worked Thursday to determine whether patients other than a man being treated in Texas are infected with the Ebola virus.

Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City forwarded specimens from a male patient to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for additional tests, CBS affiliate KUTV reported.

The unidentified patient recently traveled to an African country where Ebola has not yet been reported, but showed symptoms similar to the virus.

"Ebola is extraordinarily unlikely," says Dr. Andrew Pavia said at a press conference Thursday afternoon, adding that the results could be available Friday.

The hospital has been working on an emergency plan for months to provide protection to staff, patients, families and the community in the event they have a patient with an Ebola infection in the future.

"We are ready," says Dr. Dagmar Vitek, deputy director and medical officer at the Salt Lake County Health Department. "There would be really very minimal danger."

Elsewhere, the Hawaii state Department of Health said Thursday that it has ruled out the possibility that a patient isolated at a Honolulu hospital has the Ebola virus, CBS affiliate KGMB reports.

The patient, an unidentified man, was admitted to Queen's Medical Center Wednesday after experiencing what hospital officials called "possible symptoms that may be consistent with Ebola."

"The hospital acted in the best interests of the community, with an abundance of caution," said Hawaii Department of Health Director Dr. Linda Rosen. "We commend the facility for being prepared and remaining vigilant regarding the risk of Ebola. After investigation by the health department, it was determined that the individual did not meet the clinical or travel exposure criteria for an Ebola infection."

The determination to test a patient for Ebola is a joint decision made by the patient's health care provider, the state Department of Health, and the Centers for Disease Control, officials said.

In a statement on Wednesday, Queen's Medical Center officials said the hospital was "evaluating a patient for possible symptoms that may be consistent with Ebola."

The patient, who was placed in isolation Wednesday, was done so out of an abundance of caution, officials said. Hospitals across the state have been briefed by the Department of Health about standing operating procedures in the event of a possible Ebola case, the Department of Health said Wednesday.
Officials investigate possible Ebola cases in Hawaii, Utah
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-02 20:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hawaii has been ruled out. Says so in that article.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-02 20:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
EBV has 50% mortality rate. The Spanish flu had like a 25% mortality rate... Where am I going with this? I dunno. But sure am glad I don't live in Texas.
The mortality rate is higher than that.
No, it isn't.

WHO said:
The average EVD case fatality rate is around 50%.

There's factors that contribute to mortality rates as well.

As for transmission of the disease:

WHO said:
Ebola then spreads through human-to-human transmission via direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected people, and with surfaces and materials (e.g. bedding, clothing) contaminated with these fluids.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-10-02 20:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »

Someone edited a Curious George book to be about the Ebola virus. The drawings on page 8-9 are hilarious.

http://user.xmission.com/~daina/ebola/cge01.html
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-10-02 20:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They're cleaning up the bloody vomit from the patient. It doesn't take a climate scientist to figure that out.
And you can tell this from that picture how?
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2014-10-02 20:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how you can't but I can read the articles and figure that out.

I mean, why would you just power wash a certain side of the sidewalk and right in the spot where the guy allegedly blew chunks? Speculation? Quite. Another answer? Feel free to theorize.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-10-02 20:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ebola crisis: Liberia 'to prosecute man in US hospital'
Quote:
The BBC's Jonathan Paye-Layleh in Liberia's capital, Monrovia, says the prosecution announcement was made at the weekly Ebola update news conference, which is attended by numerous government officials and was dominated by the case of Mr Duncan.

"We wish him a speedy recovery; we await his arrival in Liberia" to face prosecution, Binyah Kesselly, the chairman of the board of directors of the Liberia Airport Authority, said.

Deputy Information Minister Isaac Jackson confirmed that Mr Duncan would be prosecuted as he "lied under oath about his Ebola status".

Before the briefing, Mr Kesselly told the BBC that Mr Duncan had answered "no" to all the questions on the Ebola form, which includes one about whether the traveller has any relatives sick with Ebola.

Assistant Health Minister Tolbert Nyenswah explained at the briefing that he was investigating Mr Duncan's movements before he left Liberia on 19 September.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-10-02 20:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
EBV has 50% mortality rate. The Spanish flu had like a 25% mortality rate... Where am I going with this? I dunno. But sure am glad I don't live in Texas.
The mortality rate is higher than that.
No, it isn't.

WHO said:
The average EVD case fatality rate is around 50%.

There's factors that contribute to mortality rates as well.

As for transmission of the disease:

WHO said:
Ebola then spreads through human-to-human transmission via direct contact (through broken skin or mucous membranes) with the blood, secretions, organs or other bodily fluids of infected people, and with surfaces and materials (e.g. bedding, clothing) contaminated with these fluids.

25%-90% but hey if you wanna bet on 50% or less in a few months when there's no more hospital beds left be my guest...
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-10-02 20:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

First video.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/health/2014/10/02/family-ebola-patient-ordered-stay-home-dallas/16574877/
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-10-02 21:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So more speculation. Gotta generate that ad revenue somehow, I guess.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 42 43 44