First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22
 Leviathan.Mckeag
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tajinjr
By Leviathan.Mckeag 2015-06-15 08:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Upbeatglitch said: »
Not a fan of 3rd party tools while soloing. Takes away from the accomplishment. No plugins, Addons, or hacks in solo videos should be a rule. No battlemod, gearswap, distance, recast, not even scripts(Which I used in many of my older videos, have since stopped.), and of course not ja0wait or movement speed, that's just a given.

Defeats the whole purpose of recording & doing the fights in the first place. I'm not sure about other soloers reasoning but when I make a video it's 1 to test my abilities & 2 to show others what is possible against some of the hardest fights in game, using tools completely rapes the whole point.

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
I forget that people use movement hacks, but even without them, it's possible to still kite/nuke or use JA's like Quick Draw while regularly changing gear to avoid the animation holding you in place.
While it is possible, it takes perfect timing, and can easily mess up if the mob locks your animation with a melee or spell.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-15 09:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't really count Diabolos Prime yet because I'd think that Nightmare on high difficulties would screw over even the best Taru scholar.

No disrespect to Mischief; I know well how good he is.

I just think that waiting until release to see actual battle mechanics would make more sense.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2015-06-15 11:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing to much archeage. Seeing all these sch's in action though is catching my intrest. Maybe I should c9me back and have fun.
 Asura.Katairyu
Server: Asura
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-06-15 17:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seekerstar said: »
Can't really count Diabolos Prime yet because I'd think that Nightmare on high difficulties would screw over even the best Taru scholar.

No disrespect to Mischief; I know well how good he is.

I just think that waiting until release to see actual battle mechanics would make more sense.

Fair enough, will re-add Diabolos to the list :)

Means we're now on 30!
By Draylo 2015-06-15 19:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Where did you get info that he soloed all those? Some of those fights are actually different like Levi/Garuda spamming healing moves or Ramuh constantly paralyzing. Just because he did one doesn't open up the rest. Also, I haven't seen anything about Muyingwa zone being soloed, I think I recall him even saying that it was impossible for his SCH to do. Also some of these they weren't the first to solo the NMs, but I guess they didn't post them in this thread if that is where you are gathering the info from.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-15 20:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Where did you get info that he soloed all those? Some of those fights are actually different like Levi/Garuda spamming healing moves or Ramuh constantly paralyzing. Just because he did one doesn't open up the rest. Also, I haven't seen anything about Muyingwa zone being soloed, I think I recall him even saying that it was impossible for his SCH to do. Also some of these they weren't the first to solo the NMs, but I guess they didn't post them in this thread if that is where you are gathering the info from.

I dunno about SCH, but we have soloed Muyingwa on BST and on PUP. It's a horrible, slow fight. But, it's doable. BST has an easier time with the NMs leading up to it, but the last few percent on the Bee are terrible. PUP has a hard time with the NMs leading up, but does pretty well letting the Ranger automaton solo the Bee with triple light up.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-06-16 03:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

I dunno about SCH, but we have soloed Muyingwa on BST and on PUP. It's a horrible, slow fight. But, it's doable. BST has an easier time with the NMs leading up to it, but the last few percent on the Bee are terrible. PUP has a hard time with the NMs leading up, but does pretty well letting the Ranger automaton solo the Bee with triple light up.

There you go for Muyingwa. As for the other Avatars, I'll re-add them to the list as it seems we've still got some issues with them being soloable for now. So we're on 44.
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-06-17 12:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

if someone had solo'd Muyingwa (or Wopket) they would have made a video. Did a quick google search and did not find. VOIDH.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-17 12:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as avatars go, every one has been soloed multiple times on D by multiple BST. If you're talking VD, yeah I don't know of any solos of avatar HTB.

Edit: I know it says no trusts, but worth mentioning that Falkirk did Ouryu D as BST/RUN with trusts solo, and I've done a number of other D/VD HTB as BST/NIN with trusts.

I highly doubt any VD HTB are soloable without trusts except for maybe a few avatars.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-06-17 13:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »
if someone had solo'd Muyingwa (or Wopket) they would have made a video. Did a quick google search and did not find. VOIDH.

I believe Mischief took them down, due to copyright? But eitherway, i can confirm myself they where there on his channel at somepoint.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mischief17/videos

Uh actual video here.
my bad
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-17 14:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

At lot of us don't record. We don't really care. Doesn't mean it hasn't been done, just means it hasn't been done by someone who records. But for the purpose of this thread, I'd say there should be a video or screenshot. Delve would be trickier I suppose since you can't enter with less than three, so for the sake of proof there ought to be a video I suppose.
By Draylo 2015-06-17 14:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »

I believe Mischief took them down, due to copyright? But eitherway, i can confirm myself they where there on his channel at somepoint.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Mischief17/videos

Uh actual video here.
my bad

That's the bird, not Bee or Wopket. Not saying its impossible, just saying they said it was hard for them (mischief) to do bee. The avatars still stand though, you can't solo one and say they are all soloed.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-19 15:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Laidly Laurence? (Voidwatch - Jeuno Tier2) His Gorge is stupid and ignores Fools.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-06-19 16:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm sure he's trivial for smn, probably other pet jobs too
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-19 16:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
What about Laidly Laurence? (Voidwatch - Jeuno Tier2) His Gorge is stupid and ignores Fools.

Pets or bodies. Gorge is distributed between party members and pets in range and affected by phalanx and stoneskin. Realistically, 3 people with stoneskin should be able to eat gorge, but avoid other buffs, as he will absorb them, including things like protect and shell.

It is also possible to run out of range of you're quick.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-06-19 16:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Pets or bodies. Gorge is distributed between party members and pets in range and affected by phalanx and stoneskin. Realistically, 3 people with stoneskin should be able to eat gorge, but avoid other buffs, as he will absorb them, including things like protect and shell.

It is also possible to run out of range of you're quick.

Migawari np
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-06-23 06:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Can i just ask "Solo", Does that now include trusts, for many of the Voidwatch NMs like Morta and that, solo mage would be difficult....

Think there may need to be a little bit more clarity
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-23 06:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Can i just ask "Solo", Does that now include trusts, for many of the Voidwatch NMs like Morta and that, solo mage would be difficult....

Trusts aren't solo.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-06-23 11:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to put the other difficult AAs back up on the list. Just because you solo one doesn't mean you have solo'd them all. Especially EV since he took about 22 minutes to solo HM and EV does Benediction.
By Draylo 2015-06-23 11:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Since these are primarily for bragging rights/look what this job can do, I would say no trusts should be allowed. Also I'm pretty sure fanatics works on that sandworm VW mob.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-23 11:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

AA D are all soloable by BST. Again, most of us who do them don't take videos but if it's really demanded I may at least take screenshots this weekend if I have time.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-06-23 12:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Since these are primarily for bragging rights/look what this job can do, I would say no trusts should be allowed. Also I'm pretty sure fanatics works on that sandworm VW mob.

Also, in the OP he specifically said "no trusts".
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-06-23 12:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
AA D are all soloable by BST. Again, most of us who do them don't take videos but if it's really demanded I may at least take screenshots this weekend if I have time.

with trusts doesn't count. I know you are using trusts because of this post from you on BG:

"Spent 30m or so on a hybrid set tonight to attempt AA GK D and AA HM D. Gave up perfecting the Pet: DT- augments on it and created a shitty hybrid between my existing Pet DT engaged set and my ideal one that doesn't quite exist yet. By the time everything was said and done I only gave AA GK D a shot.

Not 100% sure I would've been able to do it without marches, but that was pretty much all there was. Cherukki didn't cast dia and Karuha died at like 98% (as predicted since he melees). Haste 1 from Cherukki was just a slightly higher uptime than added effect from axe so meh. She was there for security in case I derped a Dragonfire Dive.

The marches though, those were pretty important. "
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-23 12:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I can do Glavoid solo NP on run/whm, so I'll try this dude later today.

I assume temps are okay to use?
By Draylo 2015-06-23 12:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say yes, but people used to always ridicule meds in solos but they are part of what a single player can use to win fights as designed by dev team.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-23 13:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say yes, but people used to always ridicule meds in solos but they are part of what a single player can use to win fights as designed by dev team.

I'm gonna assume yes, especially for Voidwatch.

I imagine that with Gorge/Disgorge being earth damage, Rune Fencer should be able to laugh pretty hard at it. Worst case scenario is popping Sforzo.

I can't record but I can post confirmatory screen caps. Plus, I'd like to think that people don't consider me a liar. If I find it easy enough I'll go back and do it on NIN for shizzles.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-23 13:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

with trusts doesn't count. I know you are using trusts because of this post from you on BG:

"Spent 30m or so on a hybrid set tonight to attempt AA GK D and AA HM D. Gave up perfecting the Pet: DT- augments on it and created a shitty hybrid between my existing Pet DT engaged set and my ideal one that doesn't quite exist yet. By the time everything was said and done I only gave AA GK D a shot.

Not 100% sure I would've been able to do it without marches, but that was pretty much all there was. Cherukki didn't cast dia and Karuha died at like 98% (as predicted since he melees). Haste 1 from Cherukki was just a slightly higher uptime than added effect from axe so meh. She was there for security in case I derped a Dragonfire Dive.

The marches though, those were pretty important. "

Have since done all on D without trusts, that gearset I made pretty much was what I was missing from previous attempts. VD HM + GK with trusts. Had done MR D long before trusts were even allowed in.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-23 14:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Here, this is all I have time for today. I will try to make rounds to others over the weekend.

AA GK D. Solo (no trusts) 21:51. Would've been faster but sat on unleash for 1.5 minutes until spur was back up and left half my MAB gear in satchel until about 75%. 0 mulsums used.

[/spoiler]

Edit: Formatting is weird here. Fixed.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-06-24 07:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Here, this is all I have time for today. I will try to make rounds to others over the weekend.

AA GK D. Solo (no trusts) 21:51. Would've been faster but sat on unleash for 1.5 minutes until spur was back up and left half my MAB gear in satchel until about 75%. 0 mulsums used.

[/spoiler]

Edit: Formatting is weird here. Fixed.

Are these screenshots all from the same run?

EDIT: I've added the four Difficult AAs, the Delve NMs Muyingwa & Wopket and the Reive NMs Colkhab & Yumcax back onto the list as there has been no definitive proof of them (or their HQ versions) ever being soloed.

New Solos from Hyugaji guys! More Avatars have been toppled:

Leviathan Prime (Very Difficult)

Ramuh Prime (Very Difficult)

Ifrit Prime (Very Difficult)

Titan Prime (Difficult)

Garuda Prime (Difficult)

Tenzen (Difficult)

Ark Angel TT (Difficult)

This means we're down to 41 contenders.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-24 11:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would I post screenshots that weren't from the same run...?

Is that even a real question? At the end of the day I don't super care if you guys take the AA off the list or not. It's just silly to say video or gtfo. Generally this stuff is done for shits and giggles for the person doing it, no other reason.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22