Unsoloable Mobs?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 20 21 22
 Asura.Katairyu
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-06-24 12:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Here, this is all I have time for today. I will try to make rounds to others over the weekend.

AA GK D. Solo (no trusts) 21:51. Would've been faster but sat on unleash for 1.5 minutes until spur was back up and left half my MAB gear in satchel until about 75%. 0 mulsums used.

[/spoiler]

Edit: Formatting is weird here. Fixed.

Why would I post screenshots that weren't from the same run...?

Is that even a real question? At the end of the day I don't super care if you guys take the AA off the list or not. It's just silly to say video or gtfo. Generally this stuff is done for shits and giggles for the person doing it, no other reason.

It's just I don't understand how in the fourth screenshot you posted (pre-battle):

"The current battlefield clear time record for "Ark Angels (5)" is 6 minutes 37 seconds."

Yet in the seventh screenshot you posted (post battle):

"The current battlefield clear time record is 4 minutes 13 seconds."
 Fenrir.Sathicus
Server: Fenrir
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-24 12:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Katairyu said: »

Is that even a real question? At the end of the day I don't super care if you guys take the AA off the list or not. It's just silly to say video or gtfo. Generally this stuff is done for shits and giggles for the person doing it, no other reason.

It's just I don't understand how in the fourth screenshot you posted (pre-battle):

"The current battlefield clear time record for "Ark Angels (5)" is 6 minutes 37 seconds."

That's a fair point and I honestly didn't notice that. I can only guess somebody did a run on VE while I was in there? I bulk uploaded the screenshots from my folder in order to BGbucket, and I haven't done any AAs in at least 2 weeks so there's no chance of mixing them up with older kills.

Sorry for jumping on you then, I assumed it was just a stupid question but I see why you would be confused, lol. Obviously I know they are all from the same kill but somebody going in and zerging VE while I was fighting may seem a bit coincidental to other people so yeah..

This is the best I can do, since windower saves screenshots with time/date tag as filename.

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-06-24 12:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sort of an important question, really. I was considering doing a Muyingwa clear later, but I really don't want to download and figure out how to use recording software. So I won't. I could post screen caps though.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-06-27 19:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a fair point and I honestly didn't notice that. I can only guess somebody did a run on VE while I was in there? I bulk uploaded the screenshots from my folder in order to BGbucket, and I haven't done any AAs in at least 2 weeks so there's no chance of mixing them up with older kills.

Sorry for jumping on you then, I assumed it was just a stupid question but I see why you would be confused, lol. Obviously I know they are all from the same kill but somebody going in and zerging VE while I was fighting may seem a bit coincidental to other people so yeah..

This is the best I can do, since windower saves screenshots with time/date tag as filename.

Okay, I'll bite, seems reasonable enough, will remove AA GK D from the list. :)

Also guys, new solo from Hyugaji! Fenrir Prime (Difficult) has been downed:

YouTube Video Placeholder

That means we're now down to 39 unsoloed mobs!
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
Server: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-06-27 19:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What about the Escha NMs? Given only 15 minutes to kill and the difficulty (especially the bunny) several of them should be impossible to solo.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-06-27 20:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Protey said: »

What about the Escha NMs? Given only 15 minutes to kill and the difficulty (especially the bunny) several of them should be impossible to solo.

I can certainly add them to the list! I haven't touched Escha yet so I know very little about it, will do some reading.

EDIT: I've added the top two tiers of NMs to the list, if it's believed that more of the NMs haven't been soloed I'll add more tiers as requested.

This means we're back up to 45!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-28 00:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a few more Escha NMs that are level 135: Fleetstalker (ape), Shockmaw (whale), and Urmahlulu (behemoth).

Also, some of the Unity NMs would be challenging solo, notably the ones 125 and up. Not sure if you'd count their Escha versions since there are no time limits or boundaries.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-06-28 06:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
There are a few more Escha NMs that are level 135: Fleetstalker (ape), Shockmaw (whale), and Urmahlulu (behemoth).

Also, some of the Unity NMs would be challenging solo, notably the ones 125 and up. Not sure if you'd count their Escha versions since there are no time limits or boundaries.

I'll add them to the list! This means we're up to 48!

EDIT: What about Beist and Muut?
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-06-28 14:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Beist I solo'd in Escha as RDM/NIN in under 15 minutes, if the unity one is the same difficulty as the Escha one, then soloable as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-06-28 16:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm solo looks so easy these days, jesus that fast cast trivialized fenrir
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-06-30 03:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Beist I solo'd in Escha as RDM/NIN in under 15 minutes, if the unity one is the same difficulty as the Escha one, then soloable as well.

Gotcha, considering it's iLvl, Muut is probably no harder than Beist too.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-30 12:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Muut is a radically different fight. He starts with 2 skeleton summons (melee and mage), and starts summoning more as his HP goes down, ending with 10 at around 25%. Anytime Muut does a WS, they all WS too. This is on top of whatever spells he and his adds throw at you. His magic accuracy is pretty high too. Supposedly killing all of his summons just levels him up, and he'll resummon anyway.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-06-30 12:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That RDM vs Fenrir video was quite impressive.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-07-01 05:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Muut is a radically different fight. He starts with 2 skeleton summons (melee and mage), and starts summoning more as his HP goes down, ending with 10 at around 25%. Anytime Muut does a WS, they all WS too. This is on top of whatever spells he and his adds throw at you. His magic accuracy is pretty high too. Supposedly killing all of his summons just levels him up, and he'll resummon anyway.

So you think it might be unsoloable?

Another new solo by Hyugaji, Carbuncle Prime (Difficult):

Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-07-29 06:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

New solo from Hyugaji, Shadow Lord (Very Difficult) has been downed!

So we're down to 46!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-07-29 10:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it deserves a mention at least. There may be more to the fight I haven't observed though. Even resilient jobs like PLD, RUN, and RDM will have a hard time dealing with a bunch of Hell Slashes, Blood Sabers, and Final Retribution at once. If there is a way to limit or control his summons, then it's not hard at all.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-07-31 20:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it deserves a mention at least. There may be more to the fight I haven't observed though. Even resilient jobs like PLD, RUN, and RDM will have a hard time dealing with a bunch of Hell Slashes, Blood Sabers, and Final Retribution at once. If there is a way to limit or control his summons, then it's not hard at all.

I've now added both Muut and Beist, seeing as it's also iLvl 125.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-08-01 00:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Biest isn't that crazy, actually. I'm sure several jobs could manage him solo.

Interestingly, the next update will (unless I've misinterpreted the notes) make it so players can attempt any Unity NM solo. This should extend your list by quite a bit, though in many cases, the real difficulty is the time limit.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2015-08-01 01:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I already told you I solo'd Beist easily on RDM. If you want me to go make a video of it I can.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-08-01 04:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I already told you I solo'd Beist easily on RDM. If you want me to go make a video of it I can.

I've seen a few people post that it's definitely soloable now so I'll bite. Will remove him from the list.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-08-25 05:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, was wondering if any of the new Escha Ru'Aun mobs are unsoloable? Has anyone got experience dealing with them?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-08-25 06:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, was wondering if any of the new Escha Ru'Aun mobs are unsoloable? Has anyone got experience dealing with them?

The T3s are unsoloable. A beastmaster could probably do all of the T2s, but it would be luck based. Same with the first 6 T1s, as they gain annoying damage shields, and if you get a ranged one you are basically screwed.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-08-25 06:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »

The T3s are unsoloable. A beastmaster could probably do all of the T2s, but it would be luck based. Same with the first 6 T1s, as they gain annoying damage shields, and if you get a ranged one you are basically screwed.

In that case, I'll add all T3 NMs to the list!

This brings our total, with Naga Raja, to 50.
 Shiva.Hiep
Server: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-08-25 06:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the delves still up there? I've solod all of them 1-5B except for ceizak ): tax'et takes too much time.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-08-25 06:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Hiep said: »
Are the delves still up there? I've solod all of them 1-5B except for ceizak ): tax'et takes too much time.

Ah the only Delves left are Muyingwa and Wopket, all others have video evidence of being soloable.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-08-25 06:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yorcia 1-5B is pretty easy. I'll try to get something together.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-25 07:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use windower it has a built in video function, you'd probably want to mess around with the settings initially to make sure it records correctly for you.
 Shiva.Hiep
By Shiva.Hiep 2015-08-25 07:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
If you use windower it has a built in video function, you'd probably want to mess around with the settings initially to make sure it records correctly for you.

Anything from Windower I can't use to make it legit? I can try bee again, but would need it to be a perfect run to beat 1-5B.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-08-25 07:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think most would accept that Windower is fair, I think there was some debate over someone who was using some form of JA0Wait on bosses.
 Asura.Katairyu
By Asura.Katairyu 2015-08-26 07:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So we have a new batch of High-Tier Battlefields heading our way soon, so I've taken the liberty of adding their Difficult and Very Difficult versions ahead of time.

So now we're on 57 contenders.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 20 21 22