Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 889 890 891 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2015-08-31 12:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Jesus for president.

And you thought they gave Obama holy hell about being too soft on the Middle East.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-08-31 12:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus 2016: all your waters into wines.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-31 12:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump's favorability ratings have flipped in recent polls.

58% favorable in South Carolina, 56% favorable in New Hampshire, both among Republican voters.

Quote:
“It’s a phenomenon we have never really seen before -- an already extremely well-known figure who can completely flip his favorability ratings in the span of weeks [without the intervention of a national emergency or similar event],” said Patrick Murray, the pollster who conducted the South Carolina poll and has also recently conducted surveys nationally and in Iowa. “But of course, that rule has applied to our experience with typical politicians. Trump is completely outside the box.”

Some guy wrote an editorial about how Trump's favorability ratings could not change since everyone already knows him and has already made up their mind about him. I guess he was wrong, and the show just keeps getting more and more interesting.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-31 12:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just reading a similar article.

Trump's main advantage is his free media coverage. No matter what he does, the media is on top of it, for free.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-08-31 12:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Jeez-o 2016: If the earth floods, our pres will walk on water.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-31 12:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump speaks louder than the media that covers him. Flipping the favorables is unprecedented. The best part is he did it all without an ounce of help from the establishment. All the talking heads are terrified today for they are irrelevant.

That's good news for the rest of us.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-31 12:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

A literal reality show.

Where all the Mexicans are voted off the island! What? You're Guatemalan? You look Mexican! Out with ye! Can't you see we're making America great again????
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-31 12:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Trump speaks louder than the media that covers him. Flipping the favorables is unprecedented. The best part is he did it all without an ounce of help from the establishment. All the talking heads are terrified today for they are irrelevant.

That's good news for the rest of us.

You don't exactly need the establishment when you're sitting on Trump money and are already a well known celebrity. It's like Oprah or Martha Stewart running for POTUS.

Lets not pretend like Donald Trump was some nobody farmer from Nebraska.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-31 12:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Trump's main advantage is his free media coverage. No matter what he does, the media is on top of it, for free.

Exactly, and they're too stupid to realize that it's just helping him. I find it hilarious that they try so hard to destroy him and it seems to just shoot his favorability even higher. I don't even like Trump, but I love seeing him defy decades of conventional wisdom and political and media strategies.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-08-31 12:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus 2016: teachin' *** to fish.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-31 12:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Exactly, and they're too stupid to realize that it's just helping him. I find it hilarious that they try so hard to destroy him and it seems to just shoot his favorability even higher. I don't even like Trump, but I love seeing him defy years of conventional wisdom and political and media strategies.

His tactics are genius because it's essentially scaling trolling up to the national level. Everyone knows you don't feed trolls if you want them to go away but then again everyone *knows* you don't stick your *** in crazy... but that's still a thing.

The problem of course is Trump has no real substance. He's all show, all talk but very little action. Just what Americans like.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-31 12:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus 2016: teachin' *** to fish.

Muhammad '16: I'll clean up the Middle East.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-31 12:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
The problem of course is Trump has no real substance. He's all show, all talk but very little action. Just what Americans like.

As evidenced by most politicians in recent memory. That may or may not ever change, but for once I'd like to see an outsider win the presidency just to shake things up. Trump or Carson vs. Sanders would be an ideal setup in my book, because this country's political system needs a good shock one way or another.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-31 12:59:20
Link | Quote | Reply

As evidenced by most politicians in recent memory. That may or may not ever change, but for once I'd like to see an outsider win the presidency just to shake things up. Trump or Carson vs. Sanders would be an ideal setup in my book, because this country's political system needs a good shock one way or another.
I had such high hopes for Paul until he made the mistake of going after Trump rather than holding onto his 2nd place position behind Bush.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2015-08-31 13:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus 2016: a vote for anyone else is a vote for SATAN!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-08-31 13:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now it just seems like the GOP candidates are trying to out-Trump Trump.

Scott Walker: Building a wall between the US and Canada is a "legitimate issue." Really?

Ben Carson: Use drone strikes to blow up the tunnels between the US and Mexico. What?

Bush: “I’m not sure we need a half a billion dollars for women’s health programs.” Along with all of his other foreign policy gaffes, "anchor babies," "work longer hours." Bush seems to be a gaffe machine.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-31 13:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Scott Walker: Building a wall between the US and Canada is a "legitimate issue." Really?
Idk wtf that is about. I saw that in the news and thought I was seeing things.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-31 13:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I had such high hopes for Paul until he made the mistake of going after Trump rather than holding onto his 2nd place position behind Bush.

They're all afraid of getting attacked by Trump. I mean, look at Lindsey Graham. I think he took Trump's trolling to heart when he insulted his campaign and dropped his phone number live.

Poor Chris Christie's like "Trump stole my schtick!" before throwing water on the burning remnants of his POTUS bid.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-31 13:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus 2016: a vote for anyone else is a vote for SATAN!

To be fair, Lucifer has crossed party lines to denounce ISIS. His exact words were "These guys are *** nuts." to the rousing applause of Saddam Hussain, Osama Bin Laden and Muhammar Gaddafi.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-08-31 13:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

These guys are *** nuts

They're not crazy at all.

They're just vile.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Bloodrose 2015-08-31 13:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We need to make a 500 mile chain link fence to keep out all the illegal Americans.

Of course, this whole idea is then purposely defeated by those who manage to come in from air or sea via illegal channels...

but it's totally a legitimate issue!
By Ramyrez 2015-08-31 13:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Of course, this whole idea is then purposely defeated by those who manage to come in from air or sea via illegal channels...

[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-08-31 13:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly, and they're too stupid to realize that it's just helping him. I find it hilarious that they try so hard to destroy him and it seems to just shoot his favorability even higher. I don't even like Trump, but I love seeing him defy years of conventional wisdom and political and media strategies.

His tactics are genius because it's essentially scaling trolling up to the national level. Everyone knows you don't feed trolls if you want them to go away but then again everyone *knows* you don't stick your *** in crazy... but that's still a thing.

As if "free college" is any more substantive....

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-31 13:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The only free I want to hear is free tax breaks for corporations, who are in fact people. Like Soylent Green.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-08-31 13:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if we're going to go full retard on immigration, just kill anyone who attempts to ill eaglely cross the border. Man, woman or child if we see you, we'll drone you.

It's worked well in Pakistan and the ME, I think it's time we educate Latin America that we're serious about keeping out those ill eagles.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-08-31 13:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
According to statistics that I don't even know if they exist, and if they do I didn't read them, Trump has a very high chance at becoming prez.
No he doesn't. Trump does not have the appeal to reel in your independent voters....
Depends on the demographic.

Trump scores high with older and less than college educated voters, many of whom label themselves as independent.

Gods, I can't even tell anymore. This election cycle has been a carnival of horrors. I need psych meds or a padded room. Something. Anything.

I've lost reality.
The reality is that this election season is 32 months old and has 14 months to go.

Quote:
Blow up your TV throw away your paper
Go to the country, build you a home
Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches
Try an find Jesus on your own
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-31 13:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Imagine if only our children could have a higher education ranking than Cuban children!

Those damn Scandinavians and their schooling! Where do they get off managing to sustain a happier and more educated population?

Oh please, people are always cherry-picking metrics to show how much worse the U.S. is in education than (insert country here). The U.S. is near the top of the charts in some areas and lower in others, just like a number of these "better" countries.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-08-31 13:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Idk wtf that is about. I saw that in the news and thought I was seeing things.
Flapping his jaw to get headlines. He is slipping in the polls badly.
First Page 2 3 ... 889 890 891 ... 1375 1376 1377