Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 84 85 86 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-29 20:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL Altima doesn't hate the government... Also, he's filled with a kind of rage that is usually attributed to closeted homos... Just sayin'
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-29 20:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Could be worse, could live in a nation that criminalizes homosexuality, profanity, government criticism and Twitter usage.
That would be a shame if you're a gay, profanity laced, government hating individual who only has the intelligence to read and write up to 140 characters.
Isn't that the average liberal voter?

It's very clear the average Liberal Voter is just whatever you disagree with. Two pages ago the Liberal was a government-loving communist. Now they're government-hating homosexuals. Next they'll be anti-Russian Islamic apologists.

IE: Infantile "Us & Them" mentality.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-29 21:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be worse, could live in a nation that criminalizes homosexuality, profanity, government criticism and Twitter usage.
That would be a shame if you're a gay, profanity laced, government hating individual who only has the intelligence to read and write up to 140 characters.

It's very clear the average Liberal Voter is just whatever you disagree with. Two pages ago the Liberal was a government-loving communist. Now they're government-hating homosexuals. Next they'll be anti-Russian Islamic apologists.

When did I say that liberals are government loving communists?

Oh right, I didn't say that.

What is wrong with people today? Did everyone forget how to read or something?
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-29 21:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
LOL Altima doesn't hate the government... Also, he's filled with a kind of rage that is usually attributed to closeted homos... Just sayin'

You, vic, and pleebo would be a perfect match for Utah. Toss in Jet as the "Head of the house" and you could probably get a reality show.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-29 21:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

When did I say you said that liberals are government loving communists?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-29 21:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, back-reading today was more brutal than usual. Come on, Zic. Let's show these noobs how to really bicker over pointless crap.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-29 21:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »

You, vic, and pleebo would be a perfect match for Utah. Toss in Jet as the "Head of the house" and you could probably get a reality show.

Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-29 21:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, which one would be Snooki? Every reality show needs a Snooki.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-29 21:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not even sure what that means lol
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-29 22:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Wow, back-reading today was more brutal than usual. Come on, Zic. Let's show these noobs how to really bicker over pointless crap.

I'm spent for today. KN's kind of Binary, so you can't really drag him along for a ride too well. Everything is either "Ur dum" or "Show me where I said that."
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-29 22:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm spent for today. KN's kind of Binary, so you can't really drag him along for a ride too well. Everything is either "Ur dum" or "Show me where I said that."

Fiiiiiiiiiine. Just find someone to fill in for your shift next time. In the meantime I guess I can just have fun by channeling my inner Fonewear.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-29 22:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Quote:

Not at all, it describes Altima perfectly, so there goes that theory.
I highly doubt that Altima is gay or hates the government. He certainly doesn't articulate his posts with profanity.

So, there goes that rebuttal.
Have you read his posts? Especially where he blames the loss of his dairy farm on the government?
[+]
By fonewear 2014-08-29 22:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Gay government I don't know what is going on but please continue.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-29 22:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Dang it. I tried to channel my inner Fonewear and summoned him instead. Oh well.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-29 22:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
It's fabulous.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-29 22:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Not fabulous enough. That color tie does not go well with that unicorn.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-30 00:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Quote:

I highly doubt that Altima is gay or hates the government. He certainly doesn't articulate his posts with profanity.

Have you read his posts? Especially where he blames the loss of his dairy farm on the government?

KN is right when he say's you peoples reading comprehension needs work. Never lost my farm just sold the dairy cows because the state and federal government made it impossible for small farms to make ANY profit. Hop on that thing they call the internet and do some research on the regulations that have been put in place over the past decade or two and maybe you'll learn something.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-30 00:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

KN is right when he say's you peoples reading comprehension needs work. Never lost my farm just sold the dairy cows because the state and federal government made it impossible for small farms to make ANY profit. Hop on that thing they call the internet and do some research on the regulations that have been put in place over the past decade or two and maybe you'll learn something.
Um.

That is you blaming the government for your loss. Specifically government regulation.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-30 01:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »

Um.

That is you blaming the government for your loss. Specifically government regulation.

Not making a good case for the whole reading comprehension thing here, are we?

1. Loss of dairy cows is not the same as loss of a dairy farm.
2. Blaming the government is not necessarily the same as hating the government.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-30 03:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Um.

My apologies.
Hahaha a trust fund baby that's hilarious! As for what I do for a living, I'm a cattle/crop farmer. Used to be Dairy but the new regulations and laws have pushed out the family farm. The only reason I would be talking down to anyone is because they think more government, laws, and regulations are good. Do you honestly think the past 6 years have been bad for the 1%ers?

Once they make new laws and regulate more business no matter what type, all it does is push the small business out and the big business just takes over. Big business don't care about anything but profit, so employees get pay cut or laid-off. When the government makes it so only Big business can survive in the market We The People are the ones who lose Not the 1%.

Oh then once the government gets so big they just decide on what its citizens can or cannot buy.... Do I need to elaborate farther?
My assumption was "pushed out the family farm", meant that it was lost/sold, rather than the cows, specifically.

Should I elaborate on point 2 further, or is the above sufficient?
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2014-08-30 03:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Um.

1. His story has changed from

Altimaomega said:
while you guys where out getting educated, researching, observing and enriching yourselves in other cultures. I was running a 500 acre dairy farm from the age of 18, the past decade and a half has been nothing but price's for everything needed to run it going up and the product I ship stay the absolute same. (Because the government regulates the milk price) Since I was literally forced into bankruptcy from new laws being passed on Mega-Farms 100x my size, but took effect on me as well I've been a bit weary of the government. Your logical conclusions seem to support bigger government which I oppose and find very unamerican.
To I just had to sell the cows, because government regulations. He didn't say how he was able to keep the farm while going bankrupt, but eh.

So I really wasn't focusing on his dairy farm defense but the "government's fault". However, I could have worded what I meant better.

2. If I wanted to discuss his hatred of the government I would have posted his fascination towards a civil war happening soon
I'm looking forward to the next election, when republicans retake the senate and impeach obama. Or for some odd reason democrats hold the senate, take the house and civil wars insue's.

I'm up for either, will be better than wtf is going on now.

Or this
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-30 04:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Saying he "hates" the government is still somewhat of a stretch, though I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. Regardless, points go to both of you for exceeding my expectations and forming proper rebuttals.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 04:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Both you and KN's reading comprehensions are notoriously horrid, as well as your writing.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-30 04:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As for impeachment, I believe it still requires a 2/3 majority vote in the senate, good luck with that farce.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-30 06:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading Comprehension ability is always something I've consistently scored in the top brackets on throughout my entire academic and professional career. (All those years of Text based FF games no doubt) I say in my still only personal opinion that both Altimaomega and Kingnobody have difficulty in putting their actual meaning and intention in words. Either by intent or ignorance, there's always enough ambiguity (more so in KN's cases) to wiggle out of a tight spot.

For example, Kingnobody recently called Pleebo out for "Putting Words in his mouth" yet by the same practical standard he's using he's guilty of the same thing against me.

He's guilty of the same thing here, and while I can definitely see where the implication is that I put words in his mouth (Underline) the fact is that when I switch my the language around (bolded) I'm actually referencing the collective conversations before, and not his specific opinion. Ambiguously, the "You" could also be the ominous, collective "you" if I really wanted to pull a Conservative Debate Bloc and run away from criticism.

I very specifically worded my post like that to see if he'd fall for that trap, as an illustrative example of yet another post I made earlier about implication on the internet.

I wouldn't have felt such a need to put up as pretentious a response as this, except I always see attacks at reading comprehension by KN and Alti when in fact, if there's such a consistent misunderstanding without deliberate editing of quotes, an act of malice I haven't see outside of isolated joke posts, the fault is with the writer.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-08-30 07:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but there is a tendency among us (and yes I'm including myself) to only notice issues with reading comprehension, hypocrisy, and (insert character flaw here) with people who stand opposite ourselves on the political spectrum. I'm sure if you looked hard enough, Zic, you could point out a slew of issues with the people you never argue with. Which, fittingly, goes in line with the "Us & Them" mentality you noted earlier.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-08-30 07:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but there is a tendency among us (and yes I'm including myself) to only notice issues with reading comprehension, hypocrisy, and (insert character flaw here) with people who stand opposite ourselves on the political spectrum. I'm sure if you looked hard enough, Zic, you could point out a slew of issues with the people you never argue with. Which, fittingly, goes in line with the "Us & Them" mentality you noted earlier.

Indeed, humans are imperfect creatures. The only reason why I single out KN and Alti specifically here is because they're immediately dismissive instead of iterative in technique. I see no attempt on their part to assuage or explain further just "ur dum, lern 2 reed."

I only have a passing familiarity with the subject of psychology, but if I had to ***out a guess, I'd say it's typical of human ego to "Double down" on a belief even in the face of overwhelming evidence that said belief is beyond reconciliation. Nobody is immune to that calling, the best we can strive for is acceptance and mitigation. I come from some debate background, so my personal technique is to yell, *** and scream (Double down) until the debate concludes, and then reflect on the whole picture afterwards.

I'm sure people have noticed by now that I sometimes have a tendency to defend things to the metaphorical death, only to come back the next day with, at the very least a more ambivalent opinion.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-30 07:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When did I say you said that liberals are government loving communists?
First sentence referred to myself, and only myself.

Quote:
It's very clear the average Liberal Voter is just whatever you disagree with.
The next 3 sentences continued on with the pretext that you were still talking about me. You did not elaborate nor even attempted to change the subject from what you think I disagree with. So, since the subject did not change, you were still talking about me.

I suggest that you, Pleebo, Kara, Milamber, and Jassik retake high school English because it is obviously apparent that the 5 of you need to relearn reading comprehension and understanding.

I also suggest that, while the 5 of you are relearning that, you learn to not twist other's words into what you think they said.

When I say "blue" I mean "blue" not "green"
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2014-08-30 07:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

CIA now admits that President Obama is a radical Islamic enemy of America
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter