Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 746 747 748 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-07-07 17:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Leneth said: »
Not much to report anyway.
Surely anything is more news worth than Bieber's ***?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-07-07 20:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Like everything ever thought or spoken. I swear, the fact that I even know his name despite having a raging hatred of pop music means this ***has gone too far.
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-07-08 02:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The only thing during the day was that the new FM had no new proposals and he made the mistake to let his hotel paper with notes being photographed. Other than some jokes about the '-no triumphalism' point on it nothing happend.

Only newsworthy thing happened late night which was the timetable I edited into my last post.

Edit:
Tsipras to speak at the European Parliament soonish.
Edit: He begins now.
Edit: ooo lively parliament today, at least during the first response speach after Tsipras
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 05:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Russia said Greece could get financing from the New Development Bank operated by Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) if it buys a few shares of the institution to become a member. The bank, which is set to begin operations next April, is seen an alternative to Western financing.

Deputy Russian Finance Minister Sergey Storchak said becoming a part of the bank would require Greek officials to make a political decision.

"We do not have any co-relation between a contribution and an amount of funding,” Russian news agency Tass quoted Storchak as saying. “There is general agreement that the system of the countries’ assets will be balanced."

Russian Finance Minister Anton Siluanov said Tuesday it is necessary for the new bank to "carve out a niche" since competition among international banks is intense. He is scheduled to attend a meeting in Ufa, Russia, with other BRICS representatives.

Siluanov said the European Union and the International Monetary Fund should have acted sooner to solve the Greek debt crisis. He said Greece would need to “work on getting its liabilities in line with the possibilities of its economy” before joining BRICS, adding Russia never considered lending money to Athens because Greek authorities didn't ask. Siluanov’s deputy said the new bank would start considering membership applications after starting operations.

Storchak said gaining BRICS membership should not be a problem for Greece.

The BRICS bank is expected to be capitalized initially at $50 billion, with likely growth to $100 billion.
Greece Can Easily Get Funding From BRICS Bank: Russia
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2015-07-08 06:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Russia not in position to help with Greek debt crisis: VTB CEO
Quote:
Russia is not in a position to help solve the Greek debt crisis, but the European Union should resolve it on its on, Andrei Kostin, chief executive officer at Russia's second largest bank VTB, said on Wednesday.

"This is Europe's problem," Kostin said on the sidelines of the BRICS summit in Russia's city of Ufa. "Europe has created it and it should resolve it on its own. I do not think that Russia is in a position to help."

(Reporting by Katya Golubkova; writing by Lidia Kelly; editing by Polina Devitt)
Personally I wouldn't mind others bailing out Greece, whoever it is.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 06:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It's either going to be BRICS or AIIB. Most likely BRICS.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 06:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Every now and then you have to ask yourself, "What's Jimmy Carter up to?"
By fonewear 2015-07-08 07:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Every now and then you have to ask yourself, "What's Jimmy Carter up to?"

Scooby doo can doo doo but Jimmy Carter is smarter !

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgj6fo_homer-scooby-doo-can-doo-doo-but-jimmy-carter-is-smarter_shortfilms
By fonewear 2015-07-08 07:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmy Carter there's a name no one has cared about for 30 years !
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 08:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So the Obama IRS wasn’t just persecuting right-leaning nonprofits — it was out to prosecute them, too. And with the help of the Obama Department of Justice and FBI.

Via Freedom of Information Act lawsuits, the watchdog group Judicial Watch just got evidence of the plot. A “DOJ Recap” on an Oct. 8, 2010 meeting tells how officials from the three agencies discussed “several possible theories to bring criminal charges under FEC law” against groups “posing” as tax-exempt nonprofits.

As part of the project, the IRS handed the FBI 21 computer disks with 1.23 million pages of confidential IRS returns from 113,000 nonprofit 501(c)(4) groups — nearly every 501(c)(4). This, though federal law generally bans the IRS from sharing such data.

The evidence shows “that the Obama IRS scandal is also an Obama DOJ and FBI scandal,” noted Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The FBI and Justice Department worked with Lois Lerner and the IRS to concoct some reason to put President Obama’s opponents in jail before his re-election. And this abuse resulted in the FBI’s illegally obtaining confidential taxpayer information.”

The IRS scandal surfaced years ago — and for all the administration talk of a full investigation, this huge news is only surfacing now, and only thanks to Judicial Watch.

The news of FBI and Justice involvement in the IRS scandal makes the need for some special prosecutor to probe this mess even more obvious.

After all, as Judicial Watch’s Fitton asks: “How can the Justice Department and the FBI investigate the very scandal in which they are implicated?”
The IRS scandal just got even worse
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-08 08:23:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So the Obama IRS wasn’t just persecuting right-leaning nonprofits — it was out to prosecute them, too. And with the help of the Obama Department of Justice and FBI.

Via Freedom of Information Act lawsuits, the watchdog group Judicial Watch just got evidence of the plot. A “DOJ Recap” on an Oct. 8, 2010 meeting tells how officials from the three agencies discussed “several possible theories to bring criminal charges under FEC law” against groups “posing” as tax-exempt nonprofits.

As part of the project, the IRS handed the FBI 21 computer disks with 1.23 million pages of confidential IRS returns from 113,000 nonprofit 501(c)(4) groups — nearly every 501(c)(4). This, though federal law generally bans the IRS from sharing such data.

The evidence shows “that the Obama IRS scandal is also an Obama DOJ and FBI scandal,” noted Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The FBI and Justice Department worked with Lois Lerner and the IRS to concoct some reason to put President Obama’s opponents in jail before his re-election. And this abuse resulted in the FBI’s illegally obtaining confidential taxpayer information.”

The IRS scandal surfaced years ago — and for all the administration talk of a full investigation, this huge news is only surfacing now, and only thanks to Judicial Watch.

The news of FBI and Justice involvement in the IRS scandal makes the need for some special prosecutor to probe this mess even more obvious.

After all, as Judicial Watch’s Fitton asks: “How can the Justice Department and the FBI investigate the very scandal in which they are implicated?”
The IRS scandal just got even worse

This will be swept under the rug !
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 08:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

A “DOJ Recap” on an Oct. 8, 2010 meeting tells how officials from the three agencies discussed “several possible theories to bring criminal charges under FEC law” against groups “posing” as tax-exempt nonprofits.

Point of order: How is this a bad thing? I want them bringing criminal charges against groups abusing their tax-exempt status...
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-08 08:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you read the first sentence ?

By Jetackuu 2015-07-08 08:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
A “DOJ Recap” on an Oct. 8, 2010 meeting tells how officials from the three agencies discussed “several possible theories to bring criminal charges under FEC law” against groups “posing” as tax-exempt nonprofits.

Point of order: How is this a bad thing? I want them bringing criminal charges against groups abusing their tax-exempt status...
Because: Obama.

Seriously the IRS "thing" isn't a thing, even less of a thing than the other thing.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-08 08:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Normally not reading is my defense mechanism but I actually read today !
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 08:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Did you red the first sentence ?

That's the problem, though. They're not doing enough.

The tone here is that what they did was bad at all.

Perhaps it was too partisan. And that's worth criticizing.

But the tone here is "Obama bad, look at this horrible thing they're doing!"

And that's really not the case.
By fonewear 2015-07-08 08:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I smell an endless discussion of IRS going on for pages. Let's go back to teens getting pregnant !

IRS doesn't even do it's main job well so the chances of them doing anything well are low.
By fonewear 2015-07-08 08:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The real news of the hour is that Hillary did an interview with CNN it was riveting so much so that I didn't watch it.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/politics/hillary-clinton-iowa-first-interview/
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 08:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess you missed this point. It wasn't about some noble purpose.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-08 08:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people don't even know how to do their taxes so the chances of them understanding a tax scandal is about zero.
By fonewear 2015-07-08 08:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lois Lerner

See women and taxes don't mix I've been saying this for years.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 08:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

When Nixon did it, people lost their minds. Obama does it and people praise him.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-08 08:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

When Nixon did it, people lost their minds. Obama does it and people praise him.

Don't worry CNN ABC NBC will keep Trump/Hillary in the news long enough that Obama could invade Syria and no one would know !
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 08:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

And this abuse resulted in the FBI’s illegally obtaining confidential taxpayer information.”

They're the freaking federal government. They get access to your tax information unless you're trying to hide it, in which case you're the guilty party.

Sorry, guess I'm "thinking with feels" again. Whatever.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-08 08:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Conceived over a pack of Natty Light.

/deep feels

this must what they call pity... I have never felt it before now...you poor poor ***... why not boone's farm? or mad dog?

natural light? how do you live? how do you go on living? where is the well of courage you draw upon to get out of bed in the morning with light beer as your legacy?...

/pushes remo mcfeely away

WOULD YOU CUT THAT OUT! I TOLD YOU NOT TO STAND NEXT TO ME!!!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-08 08:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing to see here folks back to teens getting pregnant it's an epidemic ! It might cause the fall of humanity. If little Suzy doesn't get her IUD.
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 08:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Conceived over a pack of Natty Light.

/deep feels

this must what they call pity... I have never felt it before now...you poor poor ***... why not boone's farm? or mad dog?

natural light? how do you live? how do you go on living? where is the well of courage you draw upon to get out of bed in the morning with light beer as your legacy?...

/pushes remo mcfeely away

WOULD YOU CUT THAT OUT! I TOLD YOU NOT TO STAND NEXT TO ME!!!
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-07-08 08:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Nothing to see here folks back to teens getting pregnant it's an epidemic ! It might cause the fall of humanity. If little Suzy doesn't get her IUD.

[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-08 08:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Something about the Pacific Northwest ? And racism ? I like this:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/07/northwest-front-americas-worst-racists-119803.html?ml=po#.VZ0pd_mLVQI
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-08 08:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

And this abuse resulted in the FBI’s illegally obtaining confidential taxpayer information.”

They're the freaking federal government. They get access to your tax information unless you're trying to hide it, in which case you're the guilty party.

Sorry, guess I'm "thinking with feels" again. Whatever.
Eh no feels detected yet, just unable to see how years ago such a move was consider illegal and forced a president to resign, but now it's ok cause Obama did it with good intentions. Guess the times are changing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 746 747 748 ... 1375 1376 1377