Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 744 745 746 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-07 09:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone else hoping that all of greece collapses and dies in the fire of economic crisis?

so that they can pick up a private island on the cheap...

to build an evil island fortress...

maybe take up some high seas piracy as a side hobby...

greek island for sale
[+]
By Nyruul 2015-07-07 09:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk about all of that but an Ewok style tree house village with solar power and 4G HSPA+ internet coverage on one of those islands most definitely!
[+]
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2015-07-07 10:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Is anyone else hoping that all of greece collapses and dies in the fire of economic crisis?

so that they can pick up a private island on the cheap...

greek island for sale

Unfortunately, as much as they got themselves into this, it's in no one's best interests to just let them collapse. Both of the plausible options presented are horrible, and made worse by the fact that the people seem disinclined to change anything that got them there in the first place.

I'm sort of rooting for their withdrawal from the eurozone, because as bad as that will be in the short term, over the long term the Euro will eventually recover. My guess is that Merkel doesn't want a eurozone withdrawal on her legacy though, and there's going to be another haircut.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-07 10:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are worrying over nothing some other country or government/IMF will bail them out !
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-07-07 10:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
The Kremlin says Russian President Vladimir Putin received a phone call from Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras, whose government is racing against the clock to reach a bailout deal with creditors.

The two leaders discussed the results of Sunday's referendum in Greece and "several questions about the further development of Russian-Greek cooperation," the Kremlin said.

During Monday's call, the Kremlin said Putin "expressed support for the Greek people in overcoming the difficulties facing their country."

The head of VTB, Russia's second-largest state bank, said over the weekend that Russia might be interested in buying Greek assets if they were to be privatized.

VTB head Andrei Kostin said Russia might be interested in ports, airports, railways or companies in the energy sector but that Russia would be unlikely to give Greece loans.
The Latest: Tsipras calls Putin in wake of referendum result

IDK anymore. *** 'em. I'd say go back to the "Ottomans" but I doubt the Turks want to pull them out of the hole they dug themselves into.

I have noticed there have been articles floating around which uses a skewed version of German/European history to continue the mudslinging. Germany's history of sovereign debt includes five instances of default (of individual principalities) that occurred before the first unification of Germany under the Hohenzollerns (Prussia) in the early 1870's (the other three were due to WWI and WWII).

Greece is intertwined in German history, in that, after winning their "independence" from the Ottomans in the 1830's, Greece was ruled by Bavarians while Greece was in limbo. Then, voted in a Danish prince of a German family. His successors were on shaky ground after his assassination, until they were exiled back to Germany and the UK. (You know the Queen of England's hubby, cantankerous, old Phil, right? Hi, Phil! Yep. That guy is still alive and kicking. Seriously, that guy had a ROUGH childhood.)

Greece has a history of not only defaulting on debt, but feigning their sovereignty while being completely a cluster-*** of a nation when it isn't on another nation's dole.

Sorry to dump that little ditty, but FFXIAH is my "one and done" as far as internet commentary, and seeing "Well, Germany..." with the surrounding details that would further explain the circumstances tossed on the editing room floor made me gnash my teeth. Greek supporters were really grasping at straws for that one. Anyone who has an ounce of interest in European history or regal history would have had sirens blaring in their skulls reading some of the things that have been said in the defense of the Grexit and their manipulation of history.

Anyway, TL;DR. Good morning, lovelies! Good coffee, huh? :)
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-07 10:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ottoman empire an entire empire based off of furniture ?
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-07 10:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
This post is for our friends who are in favor of teen pregnancy.
So, nobody?
Several here seem to be.

Go back a few pages.

The ridiculing of safe and effective contraception for teens starts at the top of page 739.
By fonewear 2015-07-07 10:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
So, nobody?
Several here seem to be.

Go back a few pages.

The ridiculing of safe and effective contraception for teens starts at the top of page 739.

I only ridicule teens cause they are stupid. But point taken !
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-07-07 10:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

40% would be remarkable....except nationwide the teen pregnancy rate declined by 51%

and this kids, is how everyone starved to death in china during Mao, just keep excitedly posting study results that suck, but break both of your arms patting themselves on the back for how wonderful they are.

maybe nobody will notice next time
That's an excellent point.
TheEvilOne's Link said:
Between 1990 and 2010 (the most recent year for which data are available), the teen pregnancy rate declined by 51 percent—from 116.9 to 57.4 pregnancies per 1,000 teen girls.[4]
LeatherwearSeamstress's Link said:
The result: teenage pregnancies fell by 40% from 2009 to 2013 and abortions plunged by 42%, according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
51% over 20 years (nationally) vs 40% over 4 years (Colorado) is quite a significant difference.
By fonewear 2015-07-07 10:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Abortions plunging there is a joke in there somewhere...
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-07 11:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
51% over 20 years (nationally) vs 40% over 4 years (Colorado) is quite a significant difference.

except that according to the US department of heath's statistics, that number is a lie.

you want it to be true because it agrees with your beliefs but the facts are not there to support it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-07 11:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Anyway, TL;DR. Good morning, lovelies! Good coffee, huh? :)
And now they're going to be property of the Federation. No loans, just ownership.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-07 11:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to the Federation of Greece now with olive oil !
By fonewear 2015-07-07 11:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile in Obama land:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-revamps-strategy-fight-islamic-state/story?id=32259090

TLDR: My strategy is I don't have a strategy !
By fonewear 2015-07-07 11:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just here to announce that our strategy is... we don't have a complete strategy ! Thank you all !
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-07 11:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I'm just here to announce that our strategy is... we don't have a complete strategy ! Thank you all !
Obama presidency summed up.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-07 11:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Homer on Democracy: (well a Republic but who is keeping track)

Homer: "Lisa, the whole reason we have elected officials is so we don't have to think all the time."
By fonewear 2015-07-07 11:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This goes through my mind on a daily basis:

All right, brain. I don't like you and you don't like me. So just get me trough this exam and I can go back killing you slowly with beer."
Homer's brain: "DEAL !"

Replace the word exam with work.
By fonewear 2015-07-07 11:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

On celebrating America:

Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-07 11:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah it's more like Greece privatizes all their ports, airports, railways, and companies in the energy sector then Russia buys 'em up.

Russia is also working on creating jobs in Greece. So Greece can then take those Rubles and import from China due to an agreement signed not too long ago. Very cheaply too.

With Greece out of the EU, they can resume their exports as well.

It's a win for everybody, eventually, as long as Germany realizes if they ever want to see a cent of debt they're going to have to remove sanctions. That also restores some ~$105 billion in trade again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-07-07 11:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

except that according to the US department of heath's statistics, that number is a lie.
Where?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-07 11:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama presidency summed up.

[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-07 11:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah it's more like Greece privatizes all their ports, airports, railways, and companies in the energy sector then Russia buys 'em up.

Russia is also working on creating jobs in Greece. So Greece can then take those Rubles and import from China due to an agreement signed not too long ago. Very cheaply too.

With Greece out of the EU, they can resume their exports as well.

It's a win for everybody, eventually, as long as Germany realizes if they ever want to see a cent of debt they're going to have to remove sanctions. That also restores some ~$105 billion in trade again.

Damn it I didn't want to learn about Greece's economy on a Tuesday !
By fonewear 2015-07-07 11:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know how the economy works I just like to *** about it ! Said every person ever.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-07 11:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically this I'm an American so an economic discussion please:

By fonewear 2015-07-07 11:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like you are working for you're car. Simplify, man !
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-07-07 11:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Where?

same site goofball

colorado
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-07 11:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

O captain, my captain!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-07 11:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »

O captain, my captain!

I like references !
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2015-07-07 12:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If I get to be first mate, I'd promise to never show an ounce of compassion to the crew, & be 3/4 tilted on rum every waking moment.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 744 745 746 ... 1375 1376 1377