Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-28 13:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:
was a non-profit healthcare organization

Yeah...about that.

These "non-profit" healthcare systems are big business. Ask UPMC.

Or, better yet, ask someone who knows about UPMC, as UPMC likely won't say peep.

While I have qualms with paying ceos of said companies huge amounts, at least it's better than for-profit healthcare.

It is for-profit health care.

It's just sneaky.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-28 13:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm failing to see how you'd use that without assistance.
That's where the helpful hints in the manual come in handy.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-28 13:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
LMAO! Amishomega..

Yeah I'm totally just like the Amish. I drive a 3500 diesel dually, have electricity, phone line, wear jeans, live on a 100acre farm. Thanks for pointing that out dude, maybe I cannot pay taxes now.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 13:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Yeah...about that.

Or, better yet, ask someone who knows about UPMC, as UPMC likely won't say peep.

While I have qualms with paying ceos of said companies huge amounts, at least it's better than for-profit healthcare.

It's just sneaky.

There's a difference between trying to stay in the black, and being severely in the black and cutting it to shareholders.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-28 13:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
LMAO! Amishomega..

Yeah I'm totally just like the Amish. I drive a 3500 diesel dually, have electricity, phone line, wear jeans, live on a 100acre farm. Thanks for pointing that out dude, maybe I cannot pay taxes now.

You "lol" at the dumbest ***, but actual humor just...goes right over your head.

Also, what do you do that you need a 3500 Diesel? You'd better be in construction or livestock...
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-28 13:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Yeah...about that.

It's just sneaky.

There's a difference between trying to stay in the black, and being severely in the black and cutting it to shareholders.
I'm just waiting for the BK memes to start.

Once you go Canadian, you never go back!

Clearly canadian, un-clearly beef.
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-28 13:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO! Amishomega..

You "lol" at the dumbest ***, but actual humor just...goes right over your head.

Also, what do you do that you need a 3500 Diesel? You'd better be in construction or livestock...

I thought everyone knew I was...hence the Amish joke, guess that went over your head.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 13:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually unemployed
Why am I not surprised?

I hope you are married at least.....
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 13:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I'm actually unemployed
Why am I not surprised?

My contract expired in April (budget cuts, slowing down of project, etc) I can get a job, but wanted to stay in the field, and the area is kind of ***for that. I have considered moving closer to DC but I really don't want to.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-28 13:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO! Amishomega..

I thought everyone knew I was...hence the Amish joke, guess that went over your head.

Any time someone of your leanings indicates they can not pay taxes, I take them seriously. Because most of the time they think they really shouldn't have to.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-08-28 13:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually unemployed
Why am I not surprised?

My contract expired in April (budget cuts, slowing down of project, etc) I can get a job, but wanted to stay in the field, and the area is kind of ***for that. I have considered moving closer to DC but I really don't want to.
You have been out of work for 4 months now. Willfully too, it looks like.

I seriously hope you haven't been applying to unemployment benefits................
By Altimaomega 2014-08-28 13:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO! Amishomega..

Any time someone of your leanings indicates they can not pay taxes, I take them seriously. Because most of the time they think they really shouldn't have to.

I think taxes are 75% way to damn high, and people of your leanings just want to make more taxes. You should also, lighten up a bit or your gonna end up like Jet.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-08-28 13:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

All we ask is undeniable proof that climate change is not a natural occurring event, is 100% man made, and the policies in place would reverse (assuming) said man made events. Scientists have yet to even provide any of these three requests, and that's why most of us are skeptical of the whole science.

You are trying to force this down our throats before you can prove anything. That is just as bad as passing a law just to read what's in it.....oh wai....
Here's what historically occurs when I link these things (or How I learned not to bother cuz ain't no *** give a ***!:
  • it's immediately dismissed

• "Scientists do it for the $$$

• the most asinine detail is ferreted out and used to derail

• "Nuh-uh"

• Altima spray farts ignorance everywhere

• the evidence isn't good enough because we need "real" evidence

• something something Al Gore

• whar statistics whar

Then there's the run-of-the-mill denialist talking points such as: the current/recent weather is not hot, climate has changed before therefore man cannot be implicated, models are never correct, there is no consensus, it's really cooling, etc,... (Honorable mention goes to "Well, it's just plant food" - my personal fave.)

Basically, first I was likebut then I was like http://i.imgur.com/rdc5IyS.gif

You don't want answers. Stop pretending like you do.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 13:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually unemployed
Why am I not surprised?

I seriously hope you haven't been applying to unemployment benefits................

I should have, but I took a job that I quit in the meantime (had to move, etc) was working that for about 4~ weeks. I'd have been better off taking unemployment. As for your comment: why? I'm entitled to them if my contract ends after working that long, why shouldn't I get them?
By Altimaomega 2014-08-28 13:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually unemployed
Why am I not surprised?

You know full well he has, just one more liberal pos that we have to pay for while he sits at home with all his education.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-28 13:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think taxes are fine atm... The troubling matter is how they are spent.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 13:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO! Amishomega..

I think taxes are 75% way to damn high, and people of your leanings just want to make more taxes. You should also, lighten up a bit or your gonna end up like Jet.
Taxes aren't high enough, actually.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-28 13:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually unemployed
Why am I not surprised?

I should have, but I took a job that I quit in the meantime (had to move, etc) was working that for about 4~ weeks. I'd have been better off taking unemployment. As for your comment: why? I'm entitled to them if my contract ends after working that long, why shouldn't I get them?

sigh
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 13:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually unemployed
Why am I not surprised?

You know full well he has, just one more liberal pos that we have to pay for while he sits at home with all his education.
lol, I'm not a "liberal" but ok, call people names.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 13:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

sigh

You have a problem with the truth?
By Altimaomega 2014-08-28 13:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO! Amishomega..

Of coarse you think that people like you are entitled and to be entitled you have to get your money from somewhere.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-28 13:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually unemployed
Why am I not surprised?

lol, I'm not a "liberal" but ok, call people names.

Says king name caller guy.... And lol your sooo a liberal.

sigh

You have a problem with the truth?

I have a problem with people that have your mindset yes.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-08-28 13:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This god damn politicians getting paid for life ***needs to end...

I need that in my field lol... Hey boss well me and the other guys took a vote and decided we're going to get a raise... so yeah figre out how to pay for that... oh and if I don't have a job here in 4 years you're still going to pay me for life!
[+]
By Altimaomega 2014-08-28 13:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I need that in my field lol... Hey boss well me and the other guys took a vote and decided we're going to get a raise... so yeah figre out how to pay for that... oh and if I don't have a job here in 4 years you're still going to pay me for life!

They need term limits as well.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-08-28 13:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They need term limits as well.

On that we agree.
 Bahamut.Milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-08-28 13:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO! Amishomega..

Of coarse you think that people like you are entitled and to be entitled you have to get your money from somewhere.
Since he actually was employed, then he may well be. Since while employed, he probably paid (or his employer paid) unemployment tax.

So yes, unemployed but previously employed is pretty much exactly who should be receiving benefits. Now how long, and how much, you can argue about. Whether or not the tax exists, or should be privatized (unemploymenet insurance, for example), is a different question.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 13:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I think people that work for a company are entitled to the benefits from that employment, including health insurance, payment, and unemployment benefits when they're laid off or fired without cause (or in my case, end of contract).

I actually don't call names, and like I said: you have a problem with the buzzword, because it strikes a nerve due to your horrible misunderstanding of reality, thanks to your lords and masters. You have a problem with people getting what they legally deserve, doesn't surprise me at all.

edit: again: I'm not a liberal.
By Jetackuu 2014-08-28 13:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Since he actually was employed, then he may well be. Since while employed, he probably paid (or his employer paid) unemployment tax.

So yes, unemployed but previously employed is pretty much exactly who should be receiving benefits. Now how long, and how much, you can argue about. Whether or not the tax exists, or should be privatized (unemploymenet insurance, for example), is a different question.

The concept of that is beyond him, you're wasting your time sir.
By Altimaomega 2014-08-28 14:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I think people that work for a company are entitled to the benefits from that employment, including health insurance, payment, and unemployment benefits when they're laid off or fired without cause (or in my case, end of contract).

I actually don't call names, and like I said: you have a problem with the buzzword, because it strikes a nerve due to your horrible misunderstanding of reality, thanks to your lords and masters. You have a problem with people getting what they legally deserve, doesn't surprise me at all.

edit: again: I'm not a liberal.

You can say it all you want it doesn't make you not a liberal. I'd go back and quote some examples of your name calling but everyone here knows full well what you do and how you do it.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-08-28 14:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What makes him a liberal?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 1375 1376 1377