Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 598 599 600 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-27 02:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
You're going to have to make a better strawman than that. You're obfuscating the issue by intentionally using secondary definitions on well-known concepts. If that's the capacity of your intellectual integrity, you're not worth my time.

You made a dumb argument and I was making a snarky comment about it.
You ***the bed, it's my fault. Okay.

And you question my intellectual integrity.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-05-27 02:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I also now wonder if you know what intellectual integrity implies, but hey. I'm done, carry on with your snarky circle-jerk.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-27 02:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I also now wonder if you know what intellectual integrity implies, but hey. I'm done, carry on with your snarky circle-jerk.

Oh you. Stay classy.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-05-27 02:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
Republicans are just mad that the antichrist actually proposed the bill and got it passed a multitude of decades after they came up with the idea and now they want to sabotage the entire system to make it seem as if they were right.

I'm still trying to figure out why something that a Massachusetts governor did for his particular state is suddenly something that Republicans as a whole came up with. Regardless, it was never designed to be national, and the abomination that it has become is evidence of that.
The fact that you dont understand that the ideas proposed in Romneycare and Obamacare are facets of legislation presented in the 60's by Republicans is kind of the flaw in this entire argument.

IF we didnt play into the whole industrialized legislating ***, we'd be well off with having the government be a middle man for an entire industry. However, since congressmen and their associated political allies only legislate to make it favorable for the free market to have majority rule over our lives: This will never happen as our government is biased in decision making that 1) represents the needs of the people,2) represents the welfare of the people and the union, while claiming to 3)represent the voice of the people.

Then you have to imagine how someone is unwilling to pay for an option for the health of their fellow countrymen, but will begrudgingly pay for utilities and public works.
Except like food stamps and stuff, cause im privileged and wont ever have a probability of falling on my *** so hard that i need them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-05-27 02:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Laconic said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
There are things that absolutely should not be for-profit. Access to healthcare, education, and informational broadcasting to name a few.

Just as things should not be for profit, people should not be forced into anything against their will.
Having free health care does not mandate your use of it.

I wasn't aware that paying taxes out the rear end for something makes it free.
Welcome to life, where the only things guaranteed are death and taxes. Should I be able to withhold my tax money if I don't agree with a war effort? No. How is this any different?

Lets see here. Your thought process somehow comes to the conclusion that defending America and her interests is the same as forcing people with jobs to pay for people without jobs or low-income.

Quote:
I wonder if you know what intellectual integrity implies
By Enuyasha 2015-05-27 02:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There are things that absolutely should not be for-profit. Access to healthcare, education, and informational broadcasting to name a few.

Just as things should not be for profit, people should not be forced into anything against their will.

Welcome to life, where the only things guaranteed are death and taxes. Should I be able to withhold my tax money if I don't agree with a war effort? No. How is this any different?

Lets see here. Your thought process somehow comes to the conclusion that defending America and her interests is the same as forcing people with jobs to pay for people without jobs or low-income.
You come to the conclusion that the military actually defends America and her interests at the same time, or that "Interests" are any really valid input in the use of ones military which is constitutionally not allowed to interfere in the affairs of other countries unless a viable threat to America is presented (Other than, "they gon take muh oilz").
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-27 02:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I wonder if you know what intellectual integrity implies

Because the 6 billion dollars worth of medicaid, food stamps, and welfare that went to the full-time employees of a single corporation in 2014 were working people being forced to pay for people without them? This issue is so much more complex than you seem to understand.
[+]
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-05-27 02:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you have to imagine how someone is unwilling to pay for an option for the health of their fellow countrymen, but will begrudgingly pay for utilities and public works. Except like food stamps and stuff, cause im privileged and wont ever have a probability of falling on my *** so hard that i need them.

You forgot gov. subsidized housing and obama phones. Hell, no need to work at all tbh. I mean why? With all of the above why the hell should anyone even try?
[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-05-27 02:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you have to imagine how someone is unwilling to pay for an option for the health of their fellow countrymen, but will begrudgingly pay for utilities and public works. Except like food stamps and stuff, cause im privileged and wont ever have a probability of falling on my *** so hard that i need them.

You forgot gov. subsidized housing and obama phones. Hell, no need to work at all tbh. I mean why? With all of the above why the hell should anyone even try?
Because the requirement to retain such benefits is to be actively seeking employment, maintain employment, or be seeking enrollment in education (Or having persons within a household doing the same)?

Do you like, actually think the welfare queen is real? That theres people living under section 8 that ONLY live off food stamps and section 8 gratuities? Cause even though there are abusers, arguing that the system is solely filled with jobless layabouts is stereotyping a whole lot. Even then, the problem would be a lack of enforcement not the system itself.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-05-27 03:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the requirement to retain such benefits is to be actively seeking employment, maintain employment, or be seeking enrollment in education (Or having persons within a household doing the same)?

Do you like, actually think the welfare queen is real? That theres people living under section 8 that ONLY live off food stamps and section 8 gratuities? Cuase even though there are abusers, arguing that the system is solely filled with jobless layabouts is stereotyping a whole lot. Even then, the problem would be a lack of enforcement not the system itself.

Because the 6 billion dollars worth of medicaid, food stamps, and welfare that went to the full-time employees of a single corporation in 2014 were working people being forced to pay for people without them? This issue is so much more complex than you seem to understand.

Full-time at wal-mart is 32hrs. To
Quote:
maintain employment
they do not even need a full time job.

This issue is so much more complex than you guys seem to understand.
 Cerberus.Laconic
By Cerberus.Laconic 2015-05-27 03:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You come to the conclusion that the military actually defends America and her interests at the same time, or that "Interests" are any really valid input in the use of ones military which is constitutionally not allowed to interfere in the affairs of other countries unless a viable threat to America is presented (Other than, "they gon take muh oilz").

Yup, because it was all for oil. smh.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-27 03:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you like, actually think the welfare queen is real? That theres people living under section 8 that ONLY live off food stamps and section 8 gratuities? Cuase even though there are abusers, arguing that the system is solely filled with jobless layabouts is stereotyping a whole lot. Even then, the problem would be a lack of enforcement not the system itself.

Quote:
maintain employment

And what's your estimation on how many people wish they were working more than 32 hours? Moreover, why do they consider 32 hours full time?
[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-05-27 03:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
maintain employment

You need A Job or be SEEKIING A Job. Period. If you are below the poverty line, usually its an occurance that one full time job will not pay the bills, however multiple well paying part time jobs or a combination of one full time job and multiple part time jobs may (Part time jobs dont get major benefits, which was also a thing prompting mandated health insurance).

Its a very complex issue, claiming otherwise to generalize the recipients of the benefit is intentionally being dense and intellectually shallow.

Yup, because it was all for oil. smh.
And to stop the spread of communism.* sorry, forgot that tidbit.

We totally invaded Iraq the first time cause Saddam was gassing the kurds, not because he threatened to wipe saudi arabia off the face of the earth. Yea, that sounds about right.

Vietnam was to protect the south from being taken over by the north. Yup, totes wasnt about communism.

OBL was totally in Iraq, and Saddam had nukes, and other things we re-termed as WMDs. Then we figured out OBL was in Afghanistan, TWICE. Totes not for secondary reasoning. Totes not "Wheres Waldo" style searching with faulty intelligence.

Korea, yea give me any other reason than stopping the spread of communism.

The other minor conflicts: "American interests" (Communism, nation building). We totes didnt create castro then try to assassinate him multiple times cause he wouldnt roll. We totes didnt install an american friendly figure head in panama. We totes didnt destroy the Iraqi political infrastructure. NOPE, NOT MY MERICA AND ITS MILITARY.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 04:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
maintain employment

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-27 04:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Is someone implying governments don't join wars for self interest but only out of sheer heroism? Is this real life?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 06:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Moreover, why do they consider 32 hours full time?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 09:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when the LGBT thugs wanted you to just serve them anyways even if you disagreed with their lifestyle? Well not anymore.

Quote:
A same-sex couple from St. John's is upset after discovering the jewelry store that sold them their engagement rings has posted a sign that seems to oppose same-sex marriage — but one of the store's owners says he's allowed to post his religious beliefs.

When Nicole White and Pam Renouf went looking for engagement rings a few months ago, the pair couldn't find anything they liked. The couple was eventually referred to Today's Jewellers in the Mount Pearl area because the store offers custom-made rings.

White and Renouf visited the store and later gave specifications and a price range for potential rings.

"They were great to work with. They seemed to have no issues. They knew the two of us were a same-sex couple," White said.

"I referred some of my friends to them, just because I did get some good customer service and they had good prices."

That was before one friend went in to purchase a ring for his girlfriend — and instead found a distressing sign.

It reads: "The sanctity of marriage is under attack. Let's keep marriage between a man and a woman."

The friend took a picture of the poster, which made its way back to White.

"I had no idea about the sign up until that point," she said.

"It was really upsetting. Really sad, because we already had money down on [the rings]

, and they're displaying how much they are against gays, and how they think marriage should be between a man and a woman."

The couple went to the store the following day, and asked about the sign.

"They just said that that's their beliefs, and they think they can put up whatever they want. I just said it was very disrespectful, it's very unprofessional and I wanted a refund," White said.

"I have no issues with them believing in what they believe in. I think everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But I don't think they should put their personal beliefs inside their business."

White and Renouf hope to get a refund when the man who sold them the rings returns to town next month — but it's not guaranteed.

White said the rings were meant to be a symbol of love, but now the bands seem tainted.

"I think every time I look at that ring, I'll probably think of what we just went through," White said.

Esau Jardon, the co-owner of Today's Jewellers, said he posts several signs in his store throughout the year.

"I have been posting different aspects of my religious beliefs the last 11 years, and I've never had one single problem with any of my customers," he said.

"It seems to be a Canadian right to post what you believe."

Jardon said the sign in question was posted for Mother's Day, because it had to do with families. They also have pamphlets and cards that they hand out at the store as well.

Jardon said he's an immigrant, and feels blessed to live in Canada.

"One of the reasons my family chose to come to Canada was the freedom of rights," he said, noting the freedom of religion and freedom of speech.

"Nothing in that shop or in these posters is against the law... There's nothing there that means to discriminate or to hate anybody else."

Jardon said he won't apologize for his beliefs.

"I feel really bad that [White] feels that we would in any way try to hurt or discriminate against her, but we will not retract from what we believe. I cannot say, 'Well because you feel bad, I will stop believing what I believe,'" he said.

"When I walk on Church Street in Toronto, where I am right now, and I see [LGBT rainbow flags], and I see a lot of signs and a lot of things on public property, I don't have a problem with them. I accept it. I chose to come to Canada... and we accept the whole package... I don't discriminate against that, nor do I come and tell them to take them down. For the same reason, I ask to have the same respect in return, especially when it's in my own business."

Jardon said he's getting a big backlash from social media.

"I had to shut down the Facebook page because of so many hate emails and phone calls and just, really nasty stuff," he said.

When asked if he would offer a refund to the couple, Jardon said he won't be bullied into apologizing for his beliefs or to work for free.

He said the finished rings are ready to be picked up; White and Renouf just have to pay the balance.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 09:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
But of course this didn't come from FOX, our right wing friends can ignore it,
Yeah, you know us. Can't stop talking about Fox News and constantly defending Bush. Then again, your memory could be poor. You've made sure to tell us that Mother Jones is a proud member of the disappearing liberal media about 432 times.
I label my sources by their slant.

I am perhaps the only one here who does so.

Do you object?

It's not the labeling that's the problem. You just have to sneak in that "disappearing" or "smaller than you think" before the phrase "liberal media". You're labeling with an agenda in mind.

There really is very little truly liberal media. There's plenty of left leaning media, but the media being leftist is the result, not the cause.
What *** planet do you live on?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 09:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Very few Republicans are actually conservative and very few Democrats are actually liberal.

And there are even some liberals that think they're conservatives.

*cough*

I've been in consistently conservative on fiscal matters and bordering on libertarian on social. Don't redefine ideologies then try to pull a no real Scotsmen on me. Hence why I call you pseudo-conservative.

I almost spit out my coffee on that one.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 09:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Onorgul said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Now if only they can prove that...

Sure, they can point out the shrinking middle class that has been happening for the past 6 years as the cause, but Reagan's policies have been in place for a whole lot longer than 6 years....
That would rely on you accepting evidence for the first time ever.

Oh yeah, I forgot, a law that had zero Republican votes is a Republican-championed plan....
Um... isn't ACA literally a copy-paste of Romneycare? And basically the same plan that Republicans had been suggesting since the mid-90s at least? The only time the RNC finally backed away from it was when someone with (D) after his name raised his hand and said, "Can we do this?"

Democrats and liberals only accepted ACA as the wedge to open the door. And, despite alarmist predictions and dire warnings, it's been a net positive. It's not nearly good enough (it's frankly disgusting), but it was the first step.

Romney, a squishy moderate Governor of Massachusetts with a (R) in front of his name makes a statewide plan to service 6 million people in his state who want it.

Vs

Obama, a left wing nut job poorly modifies it to destroy the best healthcare system in the world for a whole country of over 300 million who doesn't want it. Instead of listening to them, shoves a severely flawed bill down their throat and cries "nothing to see here".

You're right, there's no difference, there's no way liberals own this.

(Liberalism is a mental disorder)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 09:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
You know Nausi, every single time you say that, it hurts your arguments (and mine by default) significantly.

That's right.

Every
Single
Time
Period

Stop it. Seriously. People who do not agree with you aren't suffering from a mental disorder.

Because that argument can and will be used against you (in a court of internet forums).
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 09:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, this thread is no longer green! We must change that!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-27 09:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

best healthcare system in the world

What is your basis for this statement?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 09:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

who doesn't want it
Elected representatives aren't supposed to make laws based on what people want, not in the US at least.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-27 09:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You know Nausi, every single time you say that, it hurts your arguments (and mine by default) significantly.

That's right.

Every
Single
Time
Period

Stop it. Seriously. People who do not agree with you aren't suffering from a mental disorder.

Because that argument can and will be used against you (in a court of internet forums).

I understand the urge to distance yourself from me KN, but the rational is folly. Those whom you argue against will not give you any kind of "points" or currency for "playing nice". They don't want you to play nice, they just want you to shut up. For the life of me I really wish you'd just grasp this concept.

People who think republicans and conservatives own the ACA DO suffer from a mental disorder. I don't care who's feelings are bruised by pointing it out, the truth sometimes hurts.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-27 09:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
who doesn't want it
Elected representatives aren't supposed to make laws based on what people want, not in the US at least.

They're supposed to make laws based on who buys them out.

Seriously though, laws/lawmakers are supposed to consider the will of the people but not be utterly bound to it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 09:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

who doesn't want it
So, it's perfectly ok to make a system where people absolutely hates it from the start, in your mind.

Even though that system is supposed to help but the people are smart enough to see the *** in that law that the authors of the law itself couldn't understand it until they passed it.

Makes sense. Obama's legacy, where even though he had the first 2 years of his presidency to do anything he wanted and still *** it up.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 09:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

who doesn't want it
So, it's perfectly ok to make a system where people absolutely hates it from the start, in your mind.

Even though that system is supposed to help but the people are smart enough to see the *** in that law that the authors of the law itself couldn't understand it until they passed it.

Makes sense. Obama's legacy, where even though he had the first 2 years of his presidency to do anything he wanted and still *** it up.

For the first part: if it is what is decided that it's best for the people then so be it.

As for the rest: not getting into it.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-27 09:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
who doesn't want it

They're supposed to make laws based on who buys them out.

Seriously though, laws/lawmakers are supposed to consider the will of the people but not be utterly bound to it.
We know.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-27 09:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That's right.

Every
Single
Time
Period

I understand the urge to distance yourself from me KN, but the rational is folly. Those whom you argue against will not give you any kind of "points" or currency for "playing nice". They don't want you to play nice, they just want you to shut up. For the life of me I really wish you'd just grasp this concept.

People who think republicans and conservatives own the ACA DO suffer from a mental disorder. I don't care who's feelings are bruised by pointing it out, the truth sometimes hurts.
You don't understand. I can't even argue with these people without your name getting lumped into the mix at some point in the argument (usually when they have nothing to say or counter, so they attack my argument by using you as a reference, which shows how little they know). I'm trying to remove another one of their excuses from their repertoire, so they can finally accept the reality that they are wrong.
First Page 2 3 ... 598 599 600 ... 1375 1376 1377