Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 545 546 547 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-06 16:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Well, one thing is for sure. The Clinton Foundation has an abysmal record of actually using donated money for charity.
What do they use it for then?
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-06 16:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Well, one thing is for sure. The Clinton Foundation has an abysmal record of actually using donated money for charity.

Administration, travel, salaries, and bonuses. Good charities keep their expenses to about 75%. The Clinton Foundation had expenses around 90% in 2013. If you're counting pledges, it's closer to 94%.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-06 16:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Administration, travel, salaries, and bonuses. Good charities keep their expenses to about 75%. The Clinton Foundation had expenses around 90% in 2013. If you're counting pledges, it's closer to 94%.
Where was this reported?
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-06 16:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Where was this reported?

The Clinton Foundation's tax return.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-05-06 16:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I'll check it out tonight.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-06 17:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Where was this reported?

The Clinton Foundation's tax return.
Of the ~$221 million raised, only ~$21 million went to their programs.

My question is, how many people do they have on staff to pay $62 million in salaries and benefits? And why would they have 25 people on staff that makes $100k or more in salaries?

Another thing to worry about is Note #13, about the litigation part. Why would they be sued enough to have to make a statement that they have been sued enough to make a statement? They are a charity for crying out loud.

A lot of their expenses look fishy for a charity, to be honest. Another question is why are their gifts/grants so low compared to other years? You usually don't go from 104/126/138 million and then see it cut in half the very next year and decline the year afterwards. There is absolutely no note in the financial statements about this.

This 990 smells.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-06 17:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, the conspiracy theorists are going nuts over this military operation. ‘Jade Helm’ military exercise causing political firestorm in Texas, western states

Quote:
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott already has asked the State Guard to monitor the training exercises, after officials faced worried residents at a packed town hall meeting.

This alone triggered accusations that the Republican governor is “pandering to idiots.”

On Monday, the governor defended his actions. “There was, frankly, an overreaction to the simple fact that someone has to be in charge with gathering and disseminating information,” said Abbott, speaking to reporters. “We stepped in to play that role, which is a role to be applauded.”

On Tuesday, Texas Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert also released a lengthy statement saying his office has been “inundated” with calls on the matter.

“This military practice has some concerned that the U.S. Army is preparing for modern-day martial law,” he said. “Certainly, I can understand these concerns.”

At the same time, Gohmert said he understands why military officials want to test whether Special Forces groups can move around a civilian population and handle various threat scenarios.

Gohmert explained that his concerns stem from the way the military is approaching the exercise. He cited a widely circulated map which details the seven states that are part of the exercise – California, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado and Texas. The map has Utah and Texas colored red and labels them “hostile.” It labels other states as “permissive,” leaning hostile” and “leaning friendly.”

Gohmert said he was “rather appalled” that the “hostile” areas “have a Republican majority, ‘cling to their guns and religion,’ and believe in the sanctity of the United States Constitution.”

He called this an “affront” to residents there and urged the military to change its approach and tone. “The map of the exercise needs to change, the names on the map need to change, and the tone of the exercise needs to be completely revamped so the federal government is not intentionally practicing war against its own states,” he said.

Lordgrim would be proud. I mean, I don't know what else to say, other than keep your heads down when the tanks roll in.

Fictionalized map in question, straight from infowars:

Those events are close to you KN, maybe you can drive out there and see them....(No)
 Bahamut.Omael
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-05-06 17:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That arrow pointing south into Texas is almost exactly at my house! I knew they'd come for me first!

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-05-06 17:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not too far from the insurgent pocket. ROAD TRIP!!!
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-05-06 17:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I'm not too far from the insurgent pocket. ROAD TRIP!!!

I've got just the movie to watch when we finally strike back.

[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-05-06 18:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

"Someone has to be in charge of spreading misinformation. We, the Texas government as usual, decided we would do this and then cause panic in the meantime amongst the conspiracy theorists waiting for the government to take them to the FEMA deathcamps. No Ragrets."
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-05-06 18:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
"Someone has to be in charge of spreading misinformation. We, the Texas government as usual, decided we would do this and then cause panic in the meantime amongst the conspiracy theorists waiting for the government to take them to the FEMA deathcamps. No Ragrets."

You forgot to finish with a "YEE-HAW!" and firing a revolver in the air.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2015-05-06 18:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Good news! Abbott, Cruz and Rand are all on the case! We're in good hands, Omael!

Now for a booze run to Walm...Oh!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-06 18:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
Enuyasha said: »

You forgot to finish with a "YEE-HAW!" and firing a revolver in the air.

How dare you make Simpsons references without a gif !

Get your bowling here !

Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-06 18:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't wait for martial law and FEMA camps. Hopefully they'll turn into some reality show for the world to watch.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-06 18:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

FEMA doesn't care about black people !
By fonewear 2015-05-06 18:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
“I've always considered writing the most hateful kind of work. I suspect it's a bit like ***, which is only fun for amateurs. Old *** don't do much giggling.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, The Great Shark Hunt: Strange Tales from a Strange Time

There is nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge !
By fonewear 2015-05-06 18:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we make this about Hunter S Thompson one of my favorite writers ?
By fonewear 2015-05-06 18:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
I can't wait for martial law and FEMA camps. Hopefully they'll turn into some reality show for the world to watch.

Is the reality show based off of FFXIAH still in the works ?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-06 18:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

Is the reality show based off of FFXIAH still in the works ?
We can combine the two and have the reality show based of FFXIAH members that are in Texas during the federal invasion. Watch how they survive during martial law and how they cope with living in FEMA camps.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-06 18:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Government cheese for everyone !

[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-05-06 19:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We can combine the two and have the reality show based of FFXIAH members that are in Texas during the federal invasion. Watch how they survive during martial law and how they cope with living in FEMA camps.

Big plot twist: I worked for FEMA in 2000.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-06 21:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone noticed how quickly the subject changed from a bad charity (that's heavily liberal) to conspiracy theories from Vic?

Deflection that would make Flavin proud....
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-06 22:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

We pretty much posted at the same time, but if you want to fire blanks at the Clinton foundation, go ahead, I really don't care. They can operate their business however they want, and there is no evidence of wrongdoing other than hopes and dreams.
By Jetackuu 2015-05-06 22:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
We pretty much posted at the same time, but if you want to fire blanks at the Clinton foundation, go ahead, I really don't care. They can operate their business however they want, and there is no evidence of wrongdoing other than hopes and dreams.
I thought it was Hope and Change?

wait, am I in the wrong year?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-06 22:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

They're an inefficient charity, call in the Marines!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-06 22:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

We pretty much posted at the same time
Yeah, 21 minutes apart is pretty close together, especially when posting.

They can operate their business however they want
Except they aren't a business, or at least, not supposed to be one.

You do know what "nonprofit charities" are, right?

there is no evidence of wrongdoing other than hopes and dreams.
And whatever public information they issue. Question is, why hasn't anyone in IRS questioned these very same things I questioned after only 10 minutes of actually looking at their return?

But you don't care, you would rub one out for Bill anyday, wouldn't you?

But I guess it's ok for a "nonprofit charity" that engages in questionable things, possibly even politics (which is illegal), but it's not ok when a Section 527 group who happens to be against the current administration is requesting a tax-exempt status.
By Enuyasha 2015-05-06 22:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
They're an inefficient charity, call in the Marines!
Maybe why they are invading Texas....?

ITS ALL CLEAR TO ME NOW!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-06 22:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

But I guess this Jade Fire thing is just another liberal newsline. Never mind that there has been no action by the Texas National Guard against the exercises, just keeping any incidents from happening from both sides of the fence.

But hey, if you have to use infowars as a source to prove yourself right, you know you must be doing it wrong.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-05-06 22:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how you keep bringing up Infowars.com, like anyone besides Lordgrim has ever cited them as a source for anything, let alone any of the left of moderate posters.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 545 546 547 ... 1375 1376 1377