Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 532 533 534 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-03 15:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Meanwhile in Texas:

Quote:
Since General Sam Houston executed his famous retreat to glory to defeat the superior forces of General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, Texas has been ground zero for military training. We have so many military bases in the Lone Star State we could practically attack Russia.

So when rookie Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced he was ordering the Texas National Guard to monitor a Navy SEAL/Green Beret joint training exercise, which was taking place in Texas and several other states, everybody here looked up from their iPhones. What?

It seems there is concern among some folks that this so-called training maneuver is just a cover story. What's really going on? President Obama is about to use Special Forces to put Texas under martial law.

Let's walk over by the fence where nobody can hear us, and I'll tell you the story.

You see, there are these Wal-Marts in West Texas that supposedly closed for six months for "renovation." That's what they want you to believe. The truth is these Wal-Marts are going to be military guerrilla-warfare staging areas and FEMA processing camps for political prisoners. The prisoners are going to be transported by train cars that have already been equipped with shackles.

Don't take my word for it. That comes directly from a Texas Ranger, who seems pretty plugged in, if you ask me. You and I both know President Obama has been waiting a long time for this, and now it's happening. It's a classic false flag operation. Don't pay any attention the mainstream media; all they're going to do is lie and attack everyone who's trying to tell you the truth.

Did I mention the ISIS terrorists? They've come across the border and are going to hit soft targets all across the Southwest. They've set up camp a few miles outside of El Paso.

That includes a Mexican army officer and Mexican federal police inspector. Not sure what they're doing there, but probably nothing good. That's why the Special Forces guys are here, get it? To wipe out ISIS and impose martial law. So now you know, whaddya say we get back to the party and grab another beer?

It's true that the paranoid world-view of right-wing militia types has remarkable stamina. But that's not news.

What is news is that there seem to be enough of them in Texas to influence the governor of the state to react — some might use the word pander — to them.

That started Monday when a public briefing by the Army in Bastrop County, which is just east of Austin, got raucous. The poor U.S. Army colonel probably just thought he was going to give a regular briefing, but instead 200 patriots shouted him down, told him he was a liar and grilled him about the imminent federal takeover of Texas and subsequent imposition of martial law.

"We just want to make sure our guys are trained. We want to hone our skills," Lt. Col. Mark Listoria tried to explain in vain.

One wonders what Listoria was thinking to himself as he walked to his car after two hours of his life he'll never get back. God bless Texas? Maybe not.

The next day Gov. Abbott decided he had to take action. He announced that he was going to ask the Texas State Guard to monitor Operation Jade Helm from start to finish.

"It is important that Texans know their safety, constitutional rights, private property rights and civil liberties will not be infringed upon," Abbott said.

The idea that the Yankee military can't be trusted down here has a long and rich history in Texas. But that was a while back. Abbott's proclamation that he was going to keep his eye on these Navy SEAL and Green Beret boys did rub some of our leaders the wrong way.

Former Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst tried to put it in perspective for outsiders when he explained, "Unfortunately, some Texans have projected their legitimate concerns about the competence and trustworthiness of President Barack Obama on these noble warriors. This must stop."
Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover
Since when did you start posting like flower head?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-05-03 17:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

'Tis satire.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-03 17:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

NPR's article isn't.

Unless you are being facetious. Which I wouldn't put it past you.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-03 17:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
I didn't say it, the governor of your state did, and really it seems he's only doing it to win over the minds of flower heads. I doubt Abbott really believes any of it.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-03 17:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say it, the governor of your state did, and really it seems he's only doing it to win over the minds of flower heads. I doubt Abbott really believes any of it.
More like he doesn't want any collateral damage and wants to protect the lives of citizens from any stray fire and to keep any idiots who thinks that this is an invasion from fighting back.

It's just as much to keep idiots out of the exercise than it is to keep idiots in the exercise. And states have always brought in the local police and/or branch of the army in to do just that.

The media is playing games with people by calling this an "invasion." And people are buying into it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-03 17:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama has invaded Texas!
[+]
By fonewear 2015-05-03 17:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama has invaded Texas!

The Falkland islands have been invaded I repeat the Falkland Islands !
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-03 17:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope those weekend warriors enjoy the show, wargames are always fun. They can even pretend that they are doing stuff.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-03 17:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Combing all three stories you get:

Obama is selling uranium production to Russia in order to finance his own personal army with the goal of invading Texas in an attempt to prevent Bernie Sander from becoming president. What exactly the connection is between Texas and Bernie Sanders is unclear at the point, but is currently under investigation. Also being investigated is the threat Bernie Sanders poses to either Obama, Hillary, or possibly both. But you can be damn sure that a shadowy cartel of Jewish bankers are involved.

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-05-03 18:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

NPR's article isn't.

Unless you are being facetious. Which I wouldn't put it past you.
Read it again?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-03 19:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Iranian leader Ayatollah Khamenei recently sent Jimmy Carter a secret letter in his own handwriting to let him know he was still in the game. Jimmy opened the letter which appeared to contain a single line of coded message, 370HSSV-0773H.

Jimmy was baffled, so he e-mailed it to Obama. Obama had no clue either, so they sent it to the FBI. No one could solve it at the FBI, so it went to the CIA, then to the NSA.

With no clue as to its meaning, the FBI finally asked Naval Intelligence for help. Within a few seconds Naval Intelligence cabled back with this reply, "Tell Jimmy he's holding the message upside down."
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-03 20:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The plot thickens...

Quote:
A contest for cartoons depictions of the Prophet Muhammad in a Dallas suburb is on lockdown after authorities reported a shooting outside the building.

An officer dressed in SWAT gear took the stage toward the end of the event at the Curtis Culwell Center in Garland and told attendees, including an Associated Press reporter, that a shooting had occurred. He said one officer and two suspects were shot.

It wasn't immediately clear if the shooting was related to the event.

Garland Police Department spokesman Joe Harn declined to confirm the SWAT officer's statements and said he had no details.

The New York-based American Freedom Defense Initiative was hosting a contest that would award $10,000 for the best cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad at the venue.
Officer: Shooting at Muhammad cartoon contest in Texas
[+]
By Enuyasha 2015-05-04 01:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The plot thickens...

Quote:
A contest for cartoons depictions of the Prophet Muhammad in a Dallas suburb is on lockdown after authorities reported a shooting outside the building.

An officer dressed in SWAT gear took the stage toward the end of the event at the Curtis Culwell Center in Garland and told attendees, including an Associated Press reporter, that a shooting had occurred. He said one officer and two suspects were shot.

It wasn't immediately clear if the shooting was related to the event.

Garland Police Department spokesman Joe Harn declined to confirm the SWAT officer's statements and said he had no details.

The New York-based American Freedom Defense Initiative was hosting a contest that would award $10,000 for the best cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad at the venue.
Officer: Shooting at Muhammad cartoon contest in Texas
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-04 09:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile in Texas (part deux):

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-04 09:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
Please see Nausi's last paragraph

Nausi said:
I couldn't care less about any of them because they all vote democrat.

and of course maybe that's just the way I read it...
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-04 10:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Meanwhile in Texas (part deux):

YouTube Video Placeholder
Speaking of diseases, he didn't even wash his hands.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-04 11:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

My next writing assignment is titled: "Is genocide the logical conclusion to modern western thought or is it anomalous?"
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-04 11:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My next writing assignment is titled: "Is genocide the logical conclusion to modern western thought or is it anomalous?"

Wow, who are you writing for, State Run Media Inc.?

No world power at this time, nor their ideological thought process -- at least publically stated or as currently executed -- has "genocide" as the goal or as a logical conclusion, unless they're calling it "cultural genocide" when ideas and cultural influences are freely exchanged. In which case, I can see how the Chinese might be afraid that Chinese citizens want more, you know. Freedom.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-04 11:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

The Chinese.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-04 11:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The Chinese.

Yeah, but, is it actually the PRC or a private Chinese group?
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-04 11:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The Chinese.

It's for one of their universities, so a public institution.
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-05-04 11:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Loaded Questions, LLC.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-04 11:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

So...yes. For the State.

Makes sense.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-04 11:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »

Loaded Questions, LLC.

That was the point!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-04 11:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

More on this story...

Quote:
The contest Sunday, hosted by the New York-based American Freedom Defense Initiative, would award $10,000 for the best cartoon depicting the Prophet Muhammad.

According to mainstream Islamic tradition, any physical depiction of the Prophet Muhammad — even a respectful one — is considered blasphemous. Drawings similar to those featured at the Texas event have sparked violence around the world.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said President Barack Obama was informed about the shooting. He said the president believes there is no form of expression that would justify an act of violence.
Police: No explosives found in car used in Texas attack
 Bahamut.Milamber
Server: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-05-04 12:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Former Texas Senator writes letter to Texas Governor, FFXIAH style
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-05-04 12:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Obama's militia training at abandoned Walmarts. Makes sense.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 12:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The Chinese.

Does it matter? He's getting paid regardless.

Hell, I could write to infowars.com if they paid me enough. Granted, they wouldn't publish it, but we would have a contract that would make them obligated to pay me for my time and effort, regardless if they published it or not.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-04 12:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I was poking fun at the clearly-"America is bad" rhetorical topic. That's all!

J.T.F.C. you people are ornery as hell today. Did someone drop a hornets' nest in FFXI's collective underwear over the weekend or what?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-04 12:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Did someone drop a hornets' nest in FFXI's collective underwear over the weekend or what?
If I said yes, and it was me who did it, will I get in trouble?

Cause if that's the case, then no.
First Page 2 3 ... 532 533 534 ... 1375 1376 1377